Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:58 pm
“I know a little garden close
Set thick with lily and red rose
Where I would wander if I might
From dewy dawn to dewy night.

...And have one with me wandering"

User ImageIgnis closed his crimson eyes and tipped his large head back to feel the sun on his face, slowly he opened his large fiery-hued wings to their full span and savored the feel of sunlight and the crisp chilly air playing over his feathers. The Angeni pranced foreword, his bronze adornments flashing with each graceful movement and his long ivory drape fluttering behind him like a pennant. He reached the edge of the cliff and peered down the dizzying drop off with approval, without warning he tucked his wings tightly against his body, launched foreword with a boisterous cry, and dove over the edge. He plummeted towards the distant blanket of trees headfirst at breakneck speeds, savoring the exhilarating thrill of danger that fizzed up his spine, at the last possible moment, he again spread his wings and was violently pulled off course by a strong updraft. Ignis laughed as he soared over the treetops, his four wings churning in rhythm as he scanned the ground below. A clearing caught his eye, it was dominated by a large patch of well tended lilies. Ignis, his curiosity sparked, spiraled lower for a closer look. Thankfully there didn't seem to be anyone nearby. At the corner of the clearing he spotted a large apple tree, branches heavy with crisp red fruit, that decided the matter as far as Ignis was concerned. He landed without further adieu, trampling a few of the lilies in his overzealous rush to reach his destination. He stood on his hind legs, propping his front hooves against the trunk of the tree and unfurled his wings for balance as he stretched up to snag a few juicy apples for a snack. The spectacle would have been quite hilarious and rather absurd if carried out by a creature with any less nobility than an Angeni... Nevertheless, Ignis was quite relieved that there was no one around to see him.

Teepee Links
Faithofthefallens
Ladyfirefox89s

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:55 pm
User Image
Mohana breathed in the smell of fresh leaves as the wind sang through the trees. It calmed her to walk the path she knew to her little patch of lilies. It had been one of those days again. Omicron and Sapphrion had been fighting. Bickering, really. She had hoped that once Sapphrion had found a partner, he would have calmed down a bit. And now that he had, he was a little better. But there was still Omicron to deal with. As imature and loud as always.

She took another breath and just let the calm flow into her. She was about to reach the part in the trees that revealed her flowers, when a gust of wind picked up. It blew her mane all around her horn and she giggled lightly. Luckily it did no damage to her flower necklace. She entered the clearing to see a winged orange stallion.

Her eyes lit up and she forgot about her flowers for the moment. "Mabon! My love! Has it really taken this long to see ea-----" She had rushed to meet up with him, but froze in shock. It had not been Mabon, but some other stallion. Her cheeks grew scarlet with embarisment as she looked at the ground.

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:12 pm
Ignis jumped, startled, he quickly backed away from the tree and peered over his shoulder to meet the gaze of a rather delicate looking mare. His gaze traced the intricate markings on her coat, and the lilies adorning her long pale mane and tail. Unless he was mistaken, it seemed he had found the owner of this clearing. He glanced rather guiltily at the flattened flowers behind him and wished he had been more mindful of them when he landed.

She had called out for him, but what was it she had called him? My Love!? his gaze grew incredulous and despite himself he felt a delicate flush rising to his cheeks as well. How preposterous, he had never seen the lady before in his life!

His gaze flattened into a sulky glare, but he couldn't very well just run off now could he, she had seen him and that was that. He drew himself up to his full height and slowly approached her, his crimson eyes intense as he drew near, never breaking eye contact. There was something about this little female that sparked his curiosity, he would have it satisfied before taking his leave.

"I think you have mistaken me for someone else little mare," he mused in his lyrical baritone. "I am not this Mabon you speak of."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 pm
Mohana was a little intimidated by the intence stare he had given her. She was in the middle of a step backwards when he called her 'little'. Instently she put her hoof down firmly and held her stance. Even if she was a little scared, this stallion wouldnt be moving her!

Her chin stuck up slightly as she answered. "I can see that..... kind sir." Strugling slightly to remain soft spoken. "I meant no harm by it. You look very similar to someone I know." She paused, her head lowering slightly "Once knew" said a quieter voice from her throat.

She regained her posture again. "I'm sorry if I alarmed you any."

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm
Ignis' gaze softened and an amused smile tugged at the corner of his mouth as the mare proudly held her ground against him. He stopped, not wishing their proximity to one another to become awkward, and regarded her silently for a moment.

She was quite the pretty little thing, he noted admiringly as he directed a surreptitious glance at her slender build, silvery white hair, and the gleaming black horn protruding from her forehead. He was uncomfortably aware of how painful a well placed jab from that horn would be and so, rather guiltily, returned his eyes to her face.

"Indeed?" He murmured uncomfortably, "And who would that be?" He asked cautiously, mindful of the crestfallen look that had briefly crossed her features, and wracking his mind for any excuse to leave quickly should she start crying.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:40 pm
She took a deep, soothing breath as she smiled. She had to smile, even if a part of her hurt inside. "You have the coloring of my friend, Mabon. He even has wings as yours." She tried to supress a chuckle but failed. Allowing it to softly warble in her throat. "Though, now that I think of it, your wings are Much more....floofy." Smiling at her choice of words. She realized she hadent really been looking at him, but had only wished for what she wanted. Now that she looked at him, he was quite different. Though his gaze felt odd as he looked at her head. Her onyx horn glinted in the sun as her head tilted. "Do I have something on my face?" And continued to rub her muzzle a little on her upraised leg in case there was.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:25 pm
Ignis stared at her, momentarily speechless, and a slow flush rose to his cheeks, Floofy!!? "I beg your pardon?" he gasped with in irritated twitch of his tail. Without further ado he spread his gleaming wings wide, flexing them impressively as he trotted around her in a slow circle to showcase his most treasured possessions as well as to stroke his injured pride. He stopped in front of her and pierced her with a disgruntled glare, irritated and wounded despite himself that this mare would be so disappointed to come across him rather than another. A spike of jealousy flared in his chest, a part of him wished the enthusiasm in her eyes and that cry of welcome had been meant for him.

His eyes softened, and he chuckled at her self consciousness, it was incredibly endearing and he felt himself warming to her despite his normal attitudes towards other soquili in general, and females in particular. A thought crossed his mind and he grinned, a mischievous twinkle dancing in his eye.

"No, I was merely enjoying the view." He teased with a crooked smile and a sultry wink. "And I realized I had best watch my step upon seeing that most impressive horn."

"I don't believe you gave me your name? I am called Ignis."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm
She stopped rubbing her muzzle to look at his wings in the shimmering light. The light had been nothihng special that day, it was as if his wings made the light shimmer. She was very impressed, but her only sign of it was a raised eyebrow. Intreagued at his sudden show of plumage. Her head followed his possitioning as he walked a circle around her. "Dont get me wrong, they are very nice. Floofy is not a bad word, you know." as she smiled. She indeed thought floofy wings were very attractive.

Her eyes were still on his wings when the sparkle entered his eyes, making her miss his thoughts. She smiled proudly at his words. "Well, my mother was known to be one of the most gorgeous female to be found under a cherry tree. And I do believe some of that was passed onto me." A twinkle then entered her eye as she gave a fake slight shrug "But then again, others do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder." "And my horn, I have my father to thank for." The twinkle sparked anew as she comented "No one ever crossed him either."

She chuckled a little, enjoying the conversation. "My name is Mohana." Her flower necklace danced a little as a slight breeze picked up. "It is nice to meet you, Ignis." A genuin warm smile on her face.

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm
Ignis tilted his head slightly, pondering her words. "Perhaps you are right... But 'floofy' just sounds so....so.... undignified"He stomped his front foot for emphasis, the bronze adornments flashing with his movement, "I have would call them....voluminous perhaps...expansive....full even," He mused to himself, gazing fondly over one shoulder at his coppery plumage, "But never 'floofy...' For heavens sake I am an Angeni, not a housecat!" He wheedled with an almost pleading look in his eyes despite the bemused smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

He folded his wings with a slightly injured sideglance at Mohana. His gaze swept the clearing before settling on her again, he felt slightly nervous and strangely breathless. "I will be sure not to cross you then little warrior maiden. I should not like to find myself on the wrong side of that horn!"

"Mohana...." He repeated slowly to himself, "Do you live here?" He asked suddenly, piqued by curiosity. The lilies looked as though they were well tended regularly and she seemed to enjoy wearing them...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:25 pm
She was able to keep in her chuckles this time. He was so adament to calling his wings with such male words. "well, yes, I guess floofy is kind of feminine for such a powerful phalic apendige on your back. Even your garb is manly."

Her eyes cooled and her smile warmed "Don't worry. You have no threat from me." She smiled to emphasize her words. "I am much more a lover and nurterer then a fighter or slayer." She shook her head and her mane brushed over her eyes. "I Do not live here. I live about an hour walk from here by a lake. I only come to care for my flowers." "And the apples are a nice snack after I work".

She had been turning around to look at her lilies as she had said the last words. Her mouth opened with shock as she saw a portion of her precious flowers had been trampled. Tears came to her eyes as she rushed over to try and lift a broken stalk with her muzzle. It fell back uselessly. She forgot about Ignis as she looked on, wondering why or how the beauty of her flowers had been killed.

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am
Ignis' eyes narrowed slightly as he watched her, trying to decide if she was poking fun at him. Her face was earnest, serious even, but he thought he could detect the slightest sparkle glinting in her deep blue eyes. He grumbled noncommittally and shook his head, females were such puzzling creatures, but at least it kept things interesting.

His eyes crinkled with indulgent amusement at her reassurances. Truly he had meant what he had said about not desiring to be on the business end of that glorious horn, but the thought of any female trying to take on a fully grown stallion was almost amusing in its absurdity. Ignis had very firm opinions about gender roles and a mare most definitely would have no place challenging a stallion. He smiled with hearty approval at Mohana's self proclaimed nurturing spirit, a trait which he felt was the epitome of attributes a mare should possess. She seemed gentle, charming and kind, he found himself drawn to her, mesmerized by her wit and beauty, like the sun he thought giddily.

Ignis nodded approvingly at her tastes, he loved apples. He was trying to find a way to politely excuse himself to grab a few when her face crumpled with sudden sadness. His heart jumped into his throat, had he said something? Tears welled in her eyes and traced glistening trails down her cheeks as she gazed at something over his shoulder. Panic stricken, Ignis stood frozen as he watched her rush over to the crushed bed of lilies and vainly try to repair the damage he had caused in his carelessness.

"Mohana, I--"
He stopped, hot guilt curdling in his stomach.
"I'm so sorry, I had no idea....I didn't mean....."
Ignis hung his head, his long hair falling foreword to cover a face twisted with shame.
"It is my fault." He admitted quietly, "I crushed them when I landed..." she would wish him to leave her of course. He fiercely regretted that, she was as lovely as the lilies she so passionately cared for.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:00 pm
She heard his words, but stood there, almost frozen as she looked at her flowers. It was the one thing she could do to get away from the fuss her teepee mates caused. She had grown these flowers with all her heart, and now a stallion said what he had done was an accident. She looked them over, and saw that only a few had really been damaged beyond repair. She gave a sad smile as she realized, with great care, most of them could live.

She turned slowly to him, lifting her eyes as slowly to gaze at his. Her voice was as soft as the gentle breeze. "I do not often get to see my mother.... And have no child of my own." She took a breath, trying to ease the pain in her gut. "These flowers are what I have tried to replace as my family." She blinked as her last tear down her face. It ran down her cheek as a drop of rain would caress a the lily petel she looked like. "Some of them will not live." She gave a soft smile, to try and ease the tension she felt he might have. Her heart was hurting, but there was no way this male could have known this flower bed was any different then a weed patch. "If you are willing, if you help.... the rest might survive."

She looked back to her flowers, warmth in her eyes as they looked on like a mother looking at a child who had scraped his knee. She would cottle it, and in the end tell it it had the strength to stand once more.

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:47 pm
Ignis peered at the flower beds with some reserve. Well he had caused the damage, so he supposed it was only fair that he helped rectify the situation. Nevertheless, the idea of grubbing around in the dirt for the sake of a couple plants was not an appealing one. At least it would be something to do with Mohana. His draw to her was baffling, he generally disliked spending time in the company of others, but with Mohana, he settled into an easy and comfortable companionship completely new to him.

Stepping foreword, he loosened the knot on his white drape and let it fall to the ground off to the side, not wanting it to get soiled. He couldn't relate to Mohana's personal attachment to her flowers but far be it for him to try and understand the eccentric inner workings of the female mind, plus-
he had better things to do, Mohana was beautiful and kind, so he would humor her.

Ignis stepped foreword, wincing as one gleaming hoof sank slightly into the sun-baked earth. "What shall I do?" He peered curiously at flowers and nosed one wilting blossom encouragingly, sneezing as the petals tickled his sensitive nose.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:01 pm
She smiled a little as she saw the pollen tickle around his nose, causing him to sneeze. "Well, theese over here still have life in them. All we have to do is prop them up and they should be able to heal." She looked around "Some thin sticks should work fine. If you want, you can help me look for some."

She then preceded to walk to the edge of the forest and look through the fallen branches. She didnt really want to break any thing from the living tree just so her precious flowers could heal. Not when there were plenty on the ground all ready.

While she searched, she looked back at Ignis. "I once heard that every angeni rools over something...... Is that true?" Her small talk skills werent the best, but she didnt want to torture him with silence.

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Ignis muttered to himself darkly as he wandered off in search of some thin sticks to appease Mohana. The Harvest King himself, reduced to a gatherer of twigs by a single pretty face, the very thought was laughable. My, how the great have fallen, he mused to himself through a mouthful of twigs. He returned to Mohana's clearing a few times and deposited his prized in a growing pile next to her lily bed. After a short while he began to grow fatigued, he was a creature of the air, he could fly for days without stopping but he simply wasn't used to this sort of exercise. He couldn't imagine being without his wings, forced to walk to wherever he wished to go, the very thought made him grimace with distaste.

Ignis was startled out of his reverie by her sweet voice, "Yes, most angeni are entrusted at birth with a particular domain." He admitted, "Not many people I have met are aware of the fact, how have you come to be?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff