Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]
[PRP] Night Balance ( Kyam'itan, Toruk & Clermeilli-pie)FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:47 am
User Image

" Oel ngati kameie, ma tsmukan, ulte ngaru seiyi ireiyo." Kyam said quietly over his kill, " Ngari hu Eywa saleu tirea, tokx 'ì'awn slu Na'viyä hapxì." He bit down hard on the doe's fragile neck, killing the impala without undo suffering.

Kyam would not have normally hunted, it was not his place in the Pride to do so, but this animal had been wounded, hurting, and Kyam could not walk away from the distressed creature.

Eywa provided balance, and today She provided Kyam for the dying doe, and so he had taken a life, but it would not be a wasted one. Not like so many had been during the war.

Taking a breath to recenter himself, the warrior looked up into the soft glow of the jungle's plants. The moon was already high, but there was time to bring the meat to the Mother Tree before light.

Shouldering his kill, Kyam set off, using one of the lower trees to reach a level higher, preferring to travel above the jungle floor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am
User Image Clermeilli-Pie rose early from her sleep and stretched. Her cubs knew where to go when they got up so she could leave to hunt early if she wished. She prided herself in being up early to start her hunting so that she could hunt farther from the home tree than others. She thought this a good idea so that prey close by did not get overhunted, but then she was used to traveling too, so for her it was not such a hard thing to go farther from their home.

She had hunted just outside their prideland borders more than once, and come back with something nice for it. The only part that was not pleasant about it was dragging what she killed all the way back. She managed it, it just took time. Usually she'd do her best to get it into smaller pieces and hide at least part of it in a tree while she took the rest with her back to the pride, returning for the remainder later. She was actually pretty good at hiding things apparently, since she'd always been able to get the rest of her kill when she came back.

Clermeilli-Pie hummed to herself as she headed out of the home tree and off toward the outside. She was a little surprised when she almost ran into someone else coming in with a kill. She did not recognize him as one of the usual hunters and was too young to be a new hunter unless he was from the outside. She was sure she had seen him around the pride when she arrived though. "I see you, Brother. I am sorry, I was not expecting anyone else to be up so early."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm
Kyam stopped politely in front of her and bowed, bringing paw to forehead, " I See you Sister, and I am only just returning to home tree. I brought this doe down, she was hurt already, and I did not wish her to suffer." His voice was soft, kept low, but respectful.

" Is there somewhere you wish the kill put Huntress?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:20 pm
Clermeilli-Pie offered a bow in return and reached forward to take the doe from the much bigger male. "I can take this in for you if you wish. If you are just getting home now, you probably should get some sleep." She knew where to take it, but the question was more along the lines of when would anyone else be up for it to be used? It would be another hour or so at least.

It occurred to her that this male probably had not eaten recently himself. She better make sure he ate something before he went for sleep. "Have you eaten recently? If you have not, you might wish to take a bit of this before you rest. The others will be up soon enough to finish this off." She waited to see if the male would let her take the kill or not.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 am
Kyam slipped the doe from his shoulders, balancing it half over his back and the ground so she could slip under it. " No, I have not taken a meal today."

Once he was sure she had a hold of it, he stepped back, " I would not mind some breakfast, the night patrol was long and dinner was some time ago Sister. Though as tired as I am, my hammock also would be welcomed." The male's voice seemed weary, though the thread of emotion woven into it seemed to contain more then just a physical exhaustion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 pm
Clermeilli-Pie slide herself under the doe and took it inside to it's proper place. She laid it down with some care. "Eat first, then sleep. It usually turns out better than sleeping first and finding yourself too weak to stand later." She nudges Kyam over to the doe to eat. "Go on, eat." She was not going to let him get to bed until after he ate.

She was going to make sure he WENT to bed too. Clermeilli-Pie had set her mind to making sure Kyam was well, and now she was a lioness on a mission. Perhaps it was having cubs that made her such a mothering creature, perhaps it was just the fact that she hated seeing others unwell from stupid mistakes.

Of course, the male being handsome just made her self appointed job all the more pleasant. She literally stood there watching to make sure he ate. It was just like if she was watching over her own cubs to make sure they did not try to rush off to play before eating. But this was a 'cub' big enough that he could shove her around if he really wanted to. The male was definitely bigger than Clermeilli-Pie afterall.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 am
Kyam gave her a polite nod in way of thanks for taking the doe. It was not that he could not carry it, it was more that he had been out all eve, and the long night hours moving in and out of some of the most heavily vegetated areas in the jungle had taken more effort and time then he had planed for. A error on his part, but he had finished his patrol and would report to Rajanya as soon as the Commander woke.

The scout set a massive paw on the back of the doe, and bit down right above the joint. A twist of his powerful jaws, and the haunch of the animal was neatly snapped off. Kaym took his meal over to the eating area, and settled down onto his belly, the prey held easily between claws. He began to eat with a surprisingly neat manner, his night colored eyes half closed in contentment.

He was silent as he ate, occasionally glancing up at the female who waited near by, wondering briefly why she had chosen to watch him take his morning meal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 am
Clermeilli-Pie settled to a laying position as soon as Kyam seemed intent on eating. She could not help but admire how neatly such a big lion could eat his meal. It seemed like at every turn she met males that were both polite and neat, even kind. It was such a nice experience every time, all the more so for the memories of Roth. The father of her cubs haunted her not so much as he used to these days.

She wondered just how long he would haunt her memories, though. He had taken two of their cubs to be part of his pride. She supposed that would haunt her more than the lion himself. Her thoughts turned to Daire for a moment and she sighed in regret. Had she just met Daire first, she probably would never have come to the People... She probably would have stayed with Daire in the Roguelands. But regrets did not change anything that had happened.

Clermeilli-Pie did not know just how long she had been lost in thought, but when she brought herself back to Kyam he was glancing up at her again. She wondered if he had noticed her spacing or if he was merely curious about why she watched him. In his position, she probably would be curious about being watched over, and she had not told him why she was doing so.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:37 pm
User Image

"Oel ngati kameie, tsmukan. Oel ngati kameie, tsmuke."

A voice greeted the two pride members from the shadows before the distinctive shape of the 'Toruk Makto' glided into view. The male was large and darkly coloured, the bioluminescent markings along his back and sides glowing in the semi-darkness, a match for the gleaming beads and feathers strewn round his neck.

Amber eyes glinted as he spotted his friend Kaym and a roguish grin curled over his maw. "Being lazy again, friend?" He chuckled, striding over and coming to a halt beside the pair, smirking at the dark-haired lion before turning his bright eyes on the slender female. "I am sorry for interrupting, sister. Are you well this morn?" He enquired politely, offering her a smile.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm
"Oel ngati kameie, tsmukan," Kaym answered him after swallowing a mouthful of his meal, " Ha, lazy my left paw. I've been out scouting all night, while you slept skxawng." The scouts tone was teasing and he nodded toward the kill, " Come, break the morning fast with us. It has been far too long since we have had time to enjoy each others company."

He turned his crimson eyes to the young Huntress, " You do not mind if Tsamsiyu joins us do you?" The good natured tone of his voice changing to a polite request of the female.

Lorne_Sionn

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm
"Oel ngati kameie, tsmuke." Clermeilli-Pie rose to her feet and backed up a step to allow the big male to pass with ease. She had not seen the first male around before today, but this second one she had seen only once before that she could recall. Supposedly he was important. The warriors all seemed to hold him in great respect, but for what reason, the female had yet to figure out.

She sat but did not lay back down. "You are not interrupting, brother. I am well. Are you well this morn?" She appreciated the politeness of the males even if she was unsure of them otherwise. She doubted either of them would do anything forceful or dishonorable, but she would be careful how she acted in case someone took offense. Perhaps she should leave the care of the first lion to the second? The thought crossed her mind only briefly before being batted aside.

Clermeilli-Pie had not noted the color of Kaym's eyes until she went to answer his question. She paused a moment, taken aback by red eyes much like her own cubs had and had to recompose herself. "Of course not. It is not my place to interfere in the company of good friends." She was wondering if perhaps she should join them on eating to be polite or if that would be rude, depending on their ranks it might be, perhaps she should just skip eating until she was out hunting for the pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Snorting at Kaym he folded his limbs and settled on his belly, snagging a claw in one of the doe's hind limbs to tug the carcass closer. "Now you're calling me skxawng?" He asked, laughing as he swiped at his friend's shoulder with the back of one paw. "Pxasìk Kaym. He grinned as he shook his head, the bright feathers behind his ears flashing.

Lifting his gaze he dipped his head politely to the female. "That is good to know, sister. I am well also." Sensing her hesitation he glanced down, then snagged a loose piece of meat and gently pushed it closer to her. "Join us, I'm sure this txìm here won't mind." Smirking at Kaym he settled back down to the piece of meat he had taken for himself, chewing on it slowly.

Truth be told, he had been up all the previous day and night, and had only gotten a couple of hours sleep before raising with the dawn, his belly painful after missing the previous evening's meal. His work was clandestine at best and despite needing to spend time gathering intelligence, he still had to keep to the general rhythms of the pride, which meant that often times he got far less sleep than would be preferable.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 am
Kaym'itan grunted as the back of Tsamsiyu's paw smacked him, not pausing in the chewing of his breakfast till after he'd swallowed his mouthful, after all there was a lady present and he did have manners unlike some lions he knew, clearing his throat, he rumbled in his low voice, his tone serious, " Fi-skxawng-iri tsapxalute si oe Sister, Tsamsiyu thinks that no female is resistant to his charms. I will take him into the jungle after breakfast and throttle him for you."

The two males seemed to be of an age, and clearly were close friends. Had the lioness known the Pride better, she would have known that they had grown up together, trained together, and fought in the war together. Around Tsamsiyu, Kaym'itan almost became the lion he had been, the stoic, slightly distant demenor fleeing for a few brief moments under the sturdy and warm bond of friendship.

" I can bring you back his head or paw if you like." Kaym'itan's tail lashed back and forth in mock agitation as he bit off another portion of hindquarter, his crimson colored eyes regarding the lioness calmly as if he was speaking about the weather rather then offering violence.

*Na'vi : I apologize for this moron.*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm
Clermeilli-Pie takes the piece of meat pushed to her, and sits to eat. She takes a bite daintily and is careful not to get blood on her blue fur. She could get messy later when she was hunting and had something to show for it. She swallows before she speaks. "I see no Skxawng here." To her this was truth. Neither of the males had done anything she would call moronic. Perhaps a bit playful and immature, but that was not a bad thing in moderation.

The lioness continues eating, leaving barely a speck of blood on herself in the process. She finishes it quickly and cleans imaginary spots from her fur. She uses her paws to clean her muzzle and moves onward to the paws themselves. She was in the presence of others and did not want to be seen as sloppy. "I thank you for allowing me to join your meal..."

She was suddenly aware of just how odd she looked being a bit nervous around these lions. She looked like any other member of the pride that had been raised here, and yet acted like a clueless cub around these males. Clermeilli-Pie hoped she had not made as bad of an impression on them as she feared.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 am

Gold eyes blinked at Kaym as the other male poke, the Toruk's jaw actually falling open before he barked out a disbelieving laugh. Giving the darker coated lion a look that promised retribution at a later date, Tsamsiyu settled back down to his meal, his tail lashing to the side and thumping Kaym on the rump for his last comment.

"Thank you sister." He nodded to her in gratitude for her words, rather relieved that she didn't believe Kaym about him being a lady's man. He most certainly wasn't, nor did he have any desire towards such a thing. He already had his eye on a certain priestess-in-training, though had absolutely no idea if she was interested in him, or even knew he existed...

Licking his own jaw as Clermeilli cleaned her pelt so carefully, he wondered if that was a female thing or just her. Mentally shrugging the question away since it wasn't exactly polite to ask, he took another bite of the unplanned meal, lifting his head and swallowing before glancing from her to his brother-in-arms. Since it had been Kaym's rather than his thus is was up to the other male to answer her. But he did smile at her reassuringly, his hip nudging his friend in case the other lion missed her words.

[IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff