Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:58 pm
User Image
Sometimes it was nice to take a step back from the hustle and bustle of such a big family in a crowded den. While normally fine with sleeping all nestled up with siblings, half-siblings, and so forth, this morning Isra got up early to enjoy some fresh air and to give her legs a bit of a stretch. Having carefully extracted herself from the back of the den and treading around sleeping siblings, she padded to the entrance, inhaling and exhaling in a slow sigh.

Isra gave several stretches before shaking herself and sitting. This time of day was nice and relatively quiet. The cooler air was also appreciated by the dark coated youth. Narrowing her eyes slightly, pausing her easy wandering gaze, she yawned, looking down at her paws so as not to be seen with a gaping mouth. How unflattering. She was getting older. Before she knew it she would be off to some male's harem. Isra wanted to present herself in a positive manner. One could never know who may show up or take notice after all.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:00 pm
User Image

Tsubame had never really meant to put off this visit for this long but every time she turned around she became busy. First Ban'ma had her cubs then Tsu was helping to care for the cubs as well as Maua's growing cubs. Hunting was always something she was busy with and the few days where she had time to herself she sort of wanted to be alone and intruding upon her daughter was not something to do if Tsu was in a bad mood. But this day was different. She had the day to herself and wanted to check on Thuraya, after all her daughter was a mother now and might want some advice.

Even though her intentions were good and she, in theory at least, had nothing to worry about Tsu found her steps slowing down as she got closer to Kwea's den. She paused underneath a nearby tree and wondered if it might just be better to return later when the family was up and Tsu could talk to Thuraya without dealing with formalities. About to turn back Tsu saw movement at the den entrance. A little black girl was stretching and waking up. Tsu smiled softly, apparently she was not the only one up at this hour. When the young banu yawned Tsu couldn't help but join in but she was a bit louder since the yawn caught her unaware. Embarrassed Tsu said, "Excuse me."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 pm
Isra closed her eyes to just listen to the relative quiet of the early morning, a little, content smile having settled onto her features. The louder yawn had startled her, causing her to jump slightly. Blinking her bright red eyes, it took her only a moment for her to focus on the blue lioness near the by. She sort of looked like her mother, so there was only one person she could be. The cub perked up from her little mind wandering session. "Grandma?" She asked tentatively, a slight smile pulling at her features. Her mother had talked about their grandmother and seeing as they looked similarly it wasn't too hard to put two and two together. "Good morning," She said softly.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Tsubame was a bit shocked at first, she knew that Thuraya had had cubs, the pride grapevine was quite useful that way that and one of them was her aunt's bestfriend, but she had not realized that the cubs had grown so much. I really must spend more time with the cubs, she thought to herself. "Good Morning. I hope I'm not intruding." Tsu racked her brain for the name's of the cubs, she was sure that she heard them somewhere. The names were escaping her, she did remember that it was three girls and two boys but remembering the names were nearly impossible right then. "You have grown so much." She said softly, still surprised at the passage of time.  

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:03 pm
The cub shook her head, scooting over some in order to make room if her grandmother wanted to join her outside the den for a little bit. "No, not at all." Isra gave a little laugh, looking down at her paws as if remembering how big they were when she was very young. "Yes. All of us are." She lifted her bright gaze to Tsu. "That's kind of why I'm out and about, at least here anyway. It feels crowded. I don't mind, but I do like stretching out when I can. Since you haven't been able to come around until now, I suppose proper introductions are in order. I'm Isra." She smiled, giving a little polite dip to her grandmother.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 am
Tsu smiled and took the young lioness at her word. She joined her granddaughter in the sunlight and nodded. "Yes I know that feeling, even now sometimes I just want to sneak from the den before most are away and stretch my muscles in the warm sunlight." She laughed softly. When Isra introduced herself Tsu looked down at her paws a bit sheepishly, "It's nice to finally meet you Isra. I'm sorry I have not been around recently, I guess I am not a very good grandmother." She smiled sheepishly at young Isra and added, "Is there anything I can do to make up for it?" Tsu thought that this would be a good excuse to spend more time with Isra and eventually her other grandcubs as well as Thuraya.  

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 pm
Isra smiled and nodded. "It isn't too bad though. A little space in the togetherness is good sometimes. It keeps anger and frustration down, in my opinion. It helps keep everyone breathing instead of getting tense over little things." She paused and straightened herself a bit. "Besides, I do like watching and listening to the morning. It's nice seeing everything waking up."

The juvie looked up to her grandmother at her apology, a little furrow on her brow. She sidled over and leaned against Tsu's side, rubbing her cheek against her fur. "You're here now, aren't you? It may have taken awhile, but you did come. I'm not mad or upset that you weren't able to come until now. I'm happy to see you." She looked up and offered a little smile to her grandmother. "You can come over more often now and maybe when I'm ready you can help teach me to hunt. I'd love to learn how from you and Mom. Would that be okay?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 pm
Tsubame was surprised yet pleased over Isra's obvious intelligence, after all how many cubs her age would think such things. "I agree. I find that if everyone has there own space everyone is much happier." Tsu herself didn't really have her own space but then again she did tend to go hunting and other solitary forays so a personal space was not truly required. "Mornings are all well in good, I enjoy them my self although if you get a chance to you should see if your grandfather would tell you a story by starlight. He tells the most interesting tales and starlight is what morning is for you, he truly enjoys it." It was true that Tsu spent many a night just listing to Achal tell there cubs about the stars and his deceased mother and missing sister and daughter.

Tsu was touched that this young cub who she had in actuality met only a few moments ago accepted her so completly. "That you can count on Isra, since it took me so long we have so much to catch up on. And when your ready to hunt I would love to help teach you. You will be one of the best hunters with your mom teaching you." Tsu smiled down at the dark cub and gave her a quick nuzzle.

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:43 pm
Isra remained nestled against her grandmother's side, looking up and smiling a little at the mention of hearing a story from her grandfather. "That sounds really nice. I'll have to ask Mom and Dad if I can go visit some evening to hear one or more of Grandpa's stories under the stars." The dark cub did enjoy the mornings and she thought that it would be nice to see another family member light up during their particular favorite time of day.

At having her request accepted, Isra blinked and beamed pleasantly. "I look forward to learning for you and Mom. I'll be sure to do you proud, Grandma. I will." The prospect was an exciting one, spending some quality time with her mother and grandmother, learning a skill that she would use for the rest of her life, not only to feed herself, but her future Pad, her children, and her Pad's other Banu and their children. She would expect the other females to live up to their duties as she fully intended on doing hers. "You really think I'll do well?" A little laugh escaped her at the nuzzle, to which she rubbed herself against Tsu's side before situating herself again. She hoped so. "How much bigger will I have to be?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:23 pm
"That sounds great just give us a bit of a warning and we might even make it a big family get together." That idea really had it's merits as far as Tsubame was concerned. This way the entire, or the majority, of the family could gather like they hadn't since the cubs were little and their family was only just beginning to grow.

Tsu couldn't help but laugh softly at Isra's beaming smile. "I know you will do fine. Your mother is a great hunter and I know my stuff." She really was a pretty good hunter although she tended to be a solitary hunter so it was more likely for her to bring down little game then larger game such as zebra or wilder beasts. The feel of her granddaughter rubbing against her warmed Tsu through. It sometimes still surprised her that she was a mother let alone a grandmother so it was with a light heart she replied, "Well that is up to your mother but I'm sure it wont be long since you are growing so fast."

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:15 pm
A small, soft laugh escaped her. "That sounds good to me. A big family get together would be really fun, I think. Seeing everyone, to catch up, and to meet family I haven't got to know yet, would be a real treat." She knew she had a big family, but had only really interacted with her mother, father, and her siblings, and now her grandmother. Her mom had a bunch of siblings, so Isra figured that she probably had a bunch of cousins too, at least the potential for a bunch of cousins.

The confidence from her grandmother warmed her through and through. She was a little nervous about having to hunt and provide for a family, but with her grandmother's confidence and guidance, and with the help of her and her mother, Isra felt more at ease with the idea. She wanted to do well by her future Pad, whomever he may be. "I'll be sure to ask her and I'll let you know so we can be ready when I'm big enough." Isra sighed quietly. "We grow up so fast," She said, her tone sounding distinctly reflective. It seemed like only yesterday that she and her siblings nestled against their mother for warmth and milk. Now there was talk of hunting and thinking of potential Pads.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:04 pm
"It would be something to see that is for sure." Tsubame smiled when she thought of how large her family had grown. From being a lioness alone to having a family that could be looked at as a small pride just by its side. "Though I guess it would be best to wait until a few of your uncles have returned from their quests." That was the one thought that troubled Tsu since the older boys were all out on their quests and none had returned yet.

Tsu nodded, a hunting trip would be a good thing to do with her granddaughter but not until her mother says she is ready after all that's not her job anymore when it comes to Isra, her job is to spoil her. Taking on her reflective tone Tsu responded, "That you do. That you do."

Fin 12 posts, 2038 words  

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas