Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:12 pm
User Image

All of these pups are up for contests! They all want homes! Make sure you read all of the rules and read about the family and pack before you enter for the contest! The pups will be members of the Juu’Kilele, currently a concept pack though it will be submitted for approval soon (if it hasn’t been already).

Starting: Now!
Ends: October 30, 2010 at 11:59pm EST (even if I am away it will end then, no late entries will be counted)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:14 pm
Rules
1. Make sure you read all of the rules and the entire thread.

2. Do not apply if you do not plan on RPing. If you win, you are expected to RP. At least one RP every three months seems like a reasonable enough request, if you need someone to RP with you can ask myself or Zephira738, as both of us love to RP. If life throws you a curveball and you can’t get on, just tell me that you’ll be busy for a while. If you do not RP the pup you win, I will see if I can give it so someone else! I dislike it when people win a character for an RP contest and then disappear.

3. Do not apply if you plan on making the pup get kidnapped or run away. They must stay within the pack. If you have an amazing plot, you may run it by me, but it is very strongly preferred that they stay

4. Answer the questions and PM them to me, otherwise your entry will not count. PMs should be titled ‘Pup Contest Questions’ or something similar, I don’t like untitled messages. If you send your entry via PM, title it as such too.

5. Be polite, do not guilt trip people, so on and so forth.

6. You can enter once for all of them if you'd like, however you can only win one.

7. Once more! Remember to read about the pack! These are the youngest members born of old blood, and will probably be important to the upcoming metaplot.

Questions

[b]What rank will the pups be born into?[/b]
[b]Do the pack have a deity of any kind? If so, what do they worship?[/b]
[b]How is a Queen Chosen?[/b]
[b]What does ‘Kurroa’ mean?[/b]

All the answers to these questions may be found in the pack’s information thread or in this contest thread. Be sure to read through everything carefully before answering. Answers can be as long or short as you like, so long as you feel they are correct.

Edit You don't need to wait for me to approve the answers before you can post your entry, however, if you do not have all the right answers submitted before the end of the contest, then your entry will not count. If you make a mistake, you can retry the answer, some of them might be poorly worded or confusing, I'm not going to kill anyone over it. You can't send me eighty messages that are wrong, there IS a line, but if you need a second chance don't panic. It's just to ensure that all information gets read.

As far as naming these pups goes, you may choose a name from this site if you wish, as that is where Kurroa’s name stems from as well as several other members of the pack. However, any names that follow the shop’s rules are acceptable as well. Bear in mind Kurroa would not name her children something awful, like ‘useless’ or ‘rotten’. She is strict but not unkind, and these are her bloodline.  

FallenThroughMidnight

FallenThroughMidnight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:21 pm
About the Family

Mother (FallenThroughMidnight): Kurroa is a single mother, since her mate was killed in the rockslide that devastated the pack. She is a Dame, like her mother before her, and her grandmother before her, tracing all the way back to the beginning of the pack. It is a proud heritage, and one she constantly struggles to uphold being both born small and then later blinded in one eye. She is dutiful and strong, with unerring loyalty to the pack and its laws. She will be a strict mother to the cubs, instructing them firmly on the laws and their duty, training them to be proper members of their noble class. As her name means Black Star, she has vowed to shine even in the darkness, and her will is dauntless.

Father (deceased): An older Knight by the name of Emeka, he was a strong and noble warrior. He asked the ‘crippled’ Dame to become his mate, out of a sense of duty she accepted. She felt little for him, aside from respect, but his death has left her feeling oddly confused.

Little Sister (Naysha Aysha): On the outside Sideritis is determined to be just like her mother. On the inside she is horribly playful and easily excited by things. This will be her main struggle finding out just who she really is. Her dream truly is to be a Dame she just might find she has her own way of getting there.

Aheero (Zephira73 cool : A loyal and hardworking member of the pack for all his paws burn with wanderlust that brings him far away frequently, Aheero is Kurroa’s childhood friend. However, being born a lower-class Ranger, she refuses to allow anything beyond a friendship between them in spite of some feelings for him, and indeed he seems to view her as an older sister more than anything. He may be like an uncle to these pups, or perhaps in some eyes a replacement father-figure, but his friendship with their mother will ensure he is, in some way, a part of their lives.

If you want to know more about their relationship, these two Backlog RPs might help. Reading them is totally optional, only for if the description given is too vague.
Follow in your Footsteps - their first meeting
Faith is Blind - regarding her lost eye  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:23 pm
User Image

The first born pup and the oldest of the family. He is the eldest, but he is the eldest son.

Prompt One
You are the eldest member of your small family. What does that mean to you? Are you their loving and protective big brother, do you strive forever to be the best of your siblings, or do you feel something else?
Prompt Two
How do you feel, knowing that just because you are a male that your place in the pack is to a degree somewhat below your own little sisters, and any other female? What are you hopes and aspirations, or do you not have any?

[center][color=saddlebrown][b][size=16]I was the first.[/b][/size][/color][/center]

[size=10]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Prompt Number:[/b]
[b]Prompt Reply:[/b]

[b]Desired Future Rank:[/b]
[b]Future Plans?[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

[/size]

Entrants
Kaisanti *
Zombie_Hunter1300 *

FallenThroughMidnight

FallenThroughMidnight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:25 pm
User Image

The second son, and second child of the family.

Prompt One
You are the second son, a middle child. Do you feel smaller than your elder brother, or overlooked in favor of your younger sisters? Do you have big dreams, or do you feel like you might be second best just because you are second born?
Prompt Two
How do you feel, knowing that just because you are a male that your place in the pack is to a degree somewhat below your own little sister, and any other female? What are you hopes and aspirations, or do you not have any?

[center][color=chocolate][b][size=16]Does second born mean second best?[/b][/size][/color][/center]

[size=10]

[b]Future Plans?[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

[/size]

Entrants
pg1 Redbud-Tree *
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:26 pm
User Image

The third child, she is the eldest girl born into the family.

Prompt One
You are the eldest girl in your family, and your mother seems to have particularly high expectations of you and your younger sister. It feels like she pays you the most attention, which would be nice if it weren’t always so demanding! How do you feel about her constantly pushing you to work harder and be ‘better’?
Prompt Two
How do you feel, knowing that you are one of the youngest of the old blood, and the one of the only females so far in this next generation who might become a Dame and continue the bloodline? Do you feel pressured to do so, or do you share the ambition of your mother? Do you harbor secret wishes for a different life than the one that has been laid out before you, or are you proud to serve the pack in this way?

[center][color=royalblue][b][size=16]Power to the princess![/b][/size][/color][/center]

[size=10]

[b]Future Plans?[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

[/size]

Entrants
Satsurashi *
Tiger_Kisa699 *
Pales *

FallenThroughMidnight

FallenThroughMidnight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 pm
User Image

The second-youngest of the litter, and the third son.

Prompt One
You are the youngest male member of the family, and even the second-youngest member of the pack! How do you feel knowing that you are the littlest? Do you want to be ‘big’ or do you like being the baby?
Prompt Two
How do you feel, knowing that just because you are a male that your place in the pack is to a degree somewhat below your own sisters, and any other female? What are you hopes and aspirations, or do you not have any?

[center][color=darkorange][b][size=16]Don’t forget about me![/b][/size][/color][/center]

[size=10]

[b]Future Plans?[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]

[/size]

Entrants
MoonRazor *
Avid_RPer18 *

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:29 pm

I declare this to now be open for posting.

FallenThroughMidnight

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Congrats again Rose, they look gorgeous heart We must RP her and Aheero again, he shall congratulate her on the pups or something X3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 pm
So.... does this mean I can post my entry since I finished the quiz? xd

Also, they're all so beautiful!

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Rose just left >.>; But if you finished the quiz, I'm pretty sure you're free to post your entry :3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:10 pm
Does second born mean second best?

Name: Talan
Meaning: Fox son
Personality: Quiet and observant, the only loud thing about Talan is the bright orange color of his pelt. An intelligent and watchful pup, he comes across as emotionally distant and levelheaded. None of this is a lie or a put-upon behavior; he really is just that quiet. Loyal to his mother and those of a higher rank than him, Talan tends to put his sister ahead of him, along with his older brother. His sister especially does outrank him, and likely always will. This doesn’t mean that he feels inferior or rejected – it simply means that he knows the place he was born into and accepts it. Oh, Talan has hopes and dreams, but he rarely voices them, preferring to keep the harmony of the family and the security of the pack together, and will often forgo his own needs to make sure that everyone else is given the respect and love that they deserve.

Prompt Number: One

Prompt Reply: Talan rested comfortably on a spot a little ways away from his brothers and sister, where he could keep an eye on all of them and yet not disturb anyone – or be disturbed, for that matter. The quiet pup had some thinking to do today, and he’d rather not get interrupted if he could help it. Blue eyes – eyes that matched the beauty of the sky above the mountain, though he didn’t know it and wouldn’t have found it important if he had – glanced slowly upwards, and then closed as the young dog took a deep breath and lay down, his ears flicking about as he listened to the sounds around him.

His sister and mother were off to his right; going through some sort of training, it seemed. What it was didn’t really matter, because if it was just his sister there, then it was something just for her to learn. His older brother was to his left, barking something at his younger brother, who he could hear whimpering softly. The eldest son and the baby of the family spent a lot of time together, just as his sister and mother did. Talan was the one on the outside, though he’d willingly placed himself there just weeks after his birth.

Still listening, Talan heard a bird fly overhead, and the sounds of other pack members moving around, going through the motions of everyday life. He could take this moment, this time when no-one noticed how distant he was, to truly think about his place in life, in the pack, and what his options were for both the current time and for the future. The pup thought for a long time, debating over what courses he could take in his future, what ones were ruled out, and what he would do if he truly had no limits.

Ah, if only he had been first-born, or a female. If any of the three males of the litter were to wind up as a Knight, then surely it would be his older brother. He had the right to it, as the firstborn son, and females could do just about anything. But Talan was merely second-born, and a male pup. He could not rise as high as a female, and his place in the pack was below his older brother. It stood to reason, then, that he would never be a Knight.

No, as much as it was something he didn’t really hope for, the orange pup would become a Ranger, just as so many member of the pack were. There he could support and honor the higher-ranked members of the pack as he was meant to, and be in the only rank that he could achieve. He would never be better than his older brother, never the baby of the family like his younger brother, and certainly never female – he wasn’t jealous, not really, he just knew where he stood and where he could stand.

And if it meant that he could never have dreams, never chase them and always be forced into contentment with second-best, then he would do so without complaint. It was what duty, and honor, and his family deserved; and he could never shame them by wanting to aspire to something that was more than he could ever be.

Desired Future Rank: Knight if possible, but as Talan is ever-realistic, he’s really only expecting to wind up a Ranger.

Future Plans? It would be quite ironic for him to end up as a Knight when he thinks it’s impossible, but Talan won’t be ashamed of being a Ranger. Whatever happens to him, he will always focus on upholding the honor of the pack and of his family, and is always going to be loyal to them.

Anything Else? Talan’s tendency to be self-sacrificing might be something that will cause him some trouble someday, so there would be issues that would need to be addressed as he grows.

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:20 pm
They're lovely!
EDIT: Nevermind, I misread. I figured it out!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Yay, interest! And you don't need to wait for me to approve the answers before you can post your entry, however, if you do not have all the right answers submitted before the end of the contest, then your entry will not count. If you make a mistake, you can retry the answer, some of them might be poorly worded or confusing, I'm not going to kill anyone over it. You can't send me eighty messages that are wrong, there IS a line, but if you need a second chance don't panic. It's just to ensure that all information gets read.

SO. If you send answers and write an entry, and get a question wrong, I'll write you back and tell you which one is wrong. Then you fix it, and resend me the answers before the deadline, I look at them and say 'yep, thats fine' and you're in. It's not meant to scare people.

FallenThroughMidnight

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:24 pm
Don’t forget about me!

Name: Thro’on
Meaning: Lore keeper
Personality:
From birth, Thro’on was talented at learning the ways and the history of the pride, committing each to memory with little apparent effort, or even explicitly expressed desire to do so. The material, it seemed, simply became a part of him, so that he could recall it with ease and in the blink of an eye. As he grew, his awareness spread to the world around him and the potential his surroundings held for fanciful tales, or even just run-of-the-mill boring anecdotes designed to put his siblings to sleep. With this new attentiveness to the environment around him, he began to collect information from anything and everything, materials to weave into stories of all sorts, from elaborate epics of war and struggles for power to short, pithy fairytales to delight younger members of the pack.

From this pastime, he will discover the beauty that lies in the world and in the creatures that inhabit it. This observation has made him unwilling to partake in much physical violence, believing that such beauty is a gift to be treasured at all costs, protected, and not to be taken for granted. He will grow to have a love and passion for the world and everything in it, and will want nothing more than to see creatures safe and sound and happy, and to have them understand the importance of having compassion.
Prompt Number: Two.
Prompt Reply:
“Let me tell you a story,” Thro’on whispered into the darkness. Bright eyes gazed expectantly back at him, luminescent points shining in the night. “There was once a king who lived many ages past, when the world was still young and power was difficult to come by; when peace still rested, and creatures were happy.

“Now, the king, he wanted power. He was the ruler of a motley band of cruel and bloodthirsty hyenas and jackals, but it wasn’t enough for him. He wanted more; so he sent his band of hyenas and jackals, and together they pillaged their way through the land, attacking innocent packs and individuals alike. Nobody was safe, until at long last, there was nobody left to conquer. The king’s power stretched the world over, and it was said that he was the cruelest, most evil creature in all the land.

“One day, the king was patrolling his lands alone when he came across a grizzled, hunchbacked wild dog. Her dusty fur was matted and knotted; she had one glassy eye that stared eerily out at him, and a hoarse voice that seemed capable of only growling simple sentences. And the king was greatly disturbed by the sight of her, and he said to her, ‘What are you doing here, old witch? You are far too ugly to live under my rule. Leave these lands immediately!’

“And the grizzled old dog replied, ‘Why, my king, is it not unfair for you to drive an old creature from her home because she does not looking dashing enough to you?’

“But the king was not listening. He shook his head and ordered her to leave once more, but again, the old dog refused. In a rage, he flung himself to attack her; but she was not as old and as weak as he had first thought she was, and in a bloody and violent battle, the king was defeated, left with painful wounds and little energy. And he tilted his head up to her, and he said, ‘Well, now you have defeated a king. You should kill me now, if you want my throne; or if you do not, my dogs will find you and have you torn to pieces.’

“The old dog shook her head and frowned. ‘I do not want your throne, poor king. I do not want your power.’ And much to the king’s surprise, she helped him to her den, and there he stayed for many moons while she healed his grievous wounds with herbs and poultices made from the very plants and trees that his troops often ravaged and destroyed in their wake – the very ones that they had all, for so long, seen as worthless and wastes of space.

“Then, at long last, the old dog told the king, ‘You are healed now. If you wish, you may return to the power that you so love and desire.’

“So the king returned to his home, and was greeted by cries of, ‘My king! My king!’ His troops rallied to him, and bowed before him, and inquired as to his demands. And the king stopped and stared around him, and saw for the first time the cruelty and the hate and the mercilessness that he had driven into the animals he called his subjects, and he was overwhelmed with guilt. He told them, ‘I have no more demands for you, except for this: disband. Disband and leave this land. Leave the plants and the trees and the hapless creatures to their lives. Leave them be and return home, to your families and your loved ones, and let this life fade from your memory. Go home and become real creatures again.’

“And amid the stares of confusion, he turned and left, and made his way back to the old dog’s den. He wanted to tell her what he had done, but he could not find her. Instead, he found a beautiful young female standing in the den, with a coat as pure a white as fresh snow atop the mountains, and she smiled when she saw him, and she said, ‘So you are back, my king. And my land is at peace.’ ”

Thro’on paused and glanced about the circle at all the faces, young and old, and surrounded him. “Do you know what it means?” He asked. There was a silence, as if every creature present was afraid to interrupt the sanctity of the stillness. “It means, look around. Pause. Take in the beauty around you – because it’s there; it’s everywhere, this unyielding and undiscriminating beauty, and it lurks even in the darkest corners and the blackest souls. It doesn’t matter how tall you are, or how short. How strong or how weak, or even how male or how female you are. It doesn’t matter, you see? Because everything is a gift, even if you have to look further beneath the surface to find it.

“And we have to protect it, no matter what it is. What was given to us is sacred, but it’s there for us to use – if we use it for the right purposes.” And if there was nothing else that his fellow packmates had learned from him tonight, he hoped they would at least remember that everything was to be cherished. He wanted to teach them all what it meant to see the world from his point of view, and more than that, he wanted to show them. Show them what it meant to live and let live, to heal the world and all its creatures, and to love.

“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn,” he added, peering around the circle. “Is just to love, and be loved in return.”

Desired Future Rank: Cleric
Future Plans?
- I’d like for him to grow up to be something of a teacher to future pups, and have him do his best to instill at least a semblance of the love he has for… well, everything into these younger generations
- Maybe for him to meet somebody with drastically different ideas about life and for them to strike up a little rivalry of sorts? (which would be very confusing for him, because he’s all “peace and harmony plz” and rivalries are not, strictly speaking, his thing)
- Maybe he’ll fall for a girl with a similar take on life as the wild dog mentioned above ^ and for him to become all angsty and a;sldkjfsld
Anything Else? I’m thinking the quote from Moulin Rouge (yes, I love Ewan McGregor xD) will become… not necessarily his catch phrase, but something that he says quite a lot when he’s trying to teach others his point of view.

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff