Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] The old and the young (Jaribu x Ayoka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kytora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:48 pm
User ImageJaribu was having problems with these old bones of his. Again. He sighed and grumbled at himself, mentally reprimanding his body to be younger, not older. His soul had more energy than he could physically exert, and yet his bones ached from a simple, short sprint in the savanna.

Why in the world did he have to get old?

Oh, he wasn't hurting in the looks department, oh no. Jaribu had extremely good genes: he aged gracefully and only grew in his handsome factor the older he became. Really, everyone else should be jealous of him for that.

But it was the other way around, really: he became jealous of everyone else for their energy and seemingly limitless physical strength and stamina.

Now he found himself laying down (oh he loved to rest) next to a small watering hole, gazing at himself in the reflection of the water.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm
User Image Ayoka had found herself wandering the land admiring all the little creatures that flit around in with contentment. ' This was the life, no care or worry.' She thought to herself while taking a breath of clean, crisp air. Her dark teal tail twitching this way and that in playfulness. Coming around the bend, she paused and froze. Ayoka tilted her head in a caustious stance. There before was an known male, older then herself but certainly not lacking in the looks department.

" Hello there," She called out softly as to not startle the other to badly. She was close but not too close. Incase the older male were to attack her, she kept her body tense and waited for the reply.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 pm
Jaribu's ear twitched towards the sound, a gentle voice calling out a greeting to him, and his head followed. His eyes alighted on a pretty leopardess, and he smiled in a charming, but friendly way. Her colors were flattering; he particularly liked her eyes.

"Hello yourself," he said, nodding his head at her. "Please, you can come closer if you wish. I'm not guarding this water hole for any reason, and I know it's a hot day." He lifted a paw and motioned to the water as an invitation to her.

He didn't rise; his old bones were not going to let him do that gracefully, which is what he wanted to do in front of a female. So there was no point in doing that and then making a fool out of himself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:31 pm
Utterly charmed and at ease, Ayoka came closer not at all offended that the male hadn't gotten up. Something in his eyes told her that he wasn't feeling his best. Her mauve colored eyes gleaming with delight as she chatted. " Why, thank you and I agree it certainly is hot out today. " She lowered her head delicately to drink some cool water that felt lovely on her parched throat and then straightened to look up at Jaribu. " My name is Ayoka, it is a pleasure to meet you! I just love your fur, it has the most interesting pattern I have ever seen. "

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm
Jaribu eased into a more comfortable laying position, adjusting his weight for what seemed to be the hundredth time, and smiled again at Ayoka.

"I'm Jaribu. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ayoka."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You flatter me, and I thank you, but you are by far the more attractive creature at this watering hole today," he kindly disagreed. It was true; her colors reminded him of the savanna in summer, when all the grasses were a nice green but there were beautiful patches of different colors all over the place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 pm
"Jaribu," She said aloud as if to test to see if you could say it correctly. " Oh you! " Ayoka blushed and placed her right front paw to her cheek at the compliment. " You flatter me as well you charmer!" Giggling she too got comfortable next to him, ears twitching every which way to listen for danger. Letting out a soft purr she said aloud over her rumble, " I can see why you would rest here. This rock is lovely and warm as is the sun. Good for the bones. " Her eye lids lowered sleepily while taking the scenery in.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:09 pm
He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders as if to say, I can't help it, it's what I do, to her retort to his flattery. Jaribu moved over just a little bit when she got comfortable next to him, just so she would have some extra room to herself.

He nodded vigorously at her comment, stretching out his front paws so the front half of them were in the water. "Indeed. And old bones like mine need all they help they can get. If I don't keep them happy, one day they'll go out on me, and then I'll be a very old lion."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 am
Looking over at Jaribu watching him dip his front paws in the water she commented, " From my travels I have heard eating fruits, vegetables and oats are good for bone strength. I know that sounds gross from a feline aspect but sometimes you just have to do what is best for you no matter how gross it may seem. Also I heard swimming is a great way to increase bone mass and strength."

Ayoka stood up and stretched her body fully before making her way into the water. It was wonderful, not to cold and not to hot. The current wasn't strong either, it was just perfect for floating. " Won't you join me for a little swim? "

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Kytora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm
Jaribu made a face at her friendly suggestion. A lion eating fruits and vegetables? No, a male like him only needed fresh red meat! He shook his head at her.

"You can eat all the fruit in the world. None for me, thank you." Even if they were good for him, he was too old to start something new like changing his diet. He had lived this long on meat, so he didn't see a good enough reason to add something else in.

He grinned, though, and slipped into the water with a bigger splash than she had. "I wouldn't mind at all. Swimming is very nice, especially when I have such lovely company."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:23 am
Ayoka tilted her head at his negative response to her fruit and veggie suggestion while thinking, ' Hm, some are just set in their ways I guess. Even if some suggestions were for their own benefit. '

Ayoka blushed and grinned at his mild flirting, " Wonderful, let us swim then! It has been awhile since I have last felt the water on my fur. " Slowly merging into the water, she closed her eyes at how good it felt. A little purr slipped out before she could stop it.

It was actually quiet nice to send the day away with such an interesting character, Ayoka was almost sad to see him go. But like all things, the time came for those to move on. They said their goodbyes and left each others company.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces