Reindeer Games....CLOSED. Winners pg 2 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili-Activities
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:18 pm
We all love the Feast of Winter Veil. Snowball fights, gift giving and...reindeers. You can have them as pets or even make your mount into one. And sometimes...you get lucky and keep one as a mount. Just make sure to feed it a lot of holly. wink

Wait...did you say it's May? Why do we have a...?

Oh, for crying out loud! Those Jinglepocket Goblins can't do anything right. Well, now what do we do with this?

User Image

Maybe a game? A reindeer game?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:18 pm
Well, alright. So...let's figure out how to find this girl a home. Poor dear that she is.

Tell me a story, of your own creativity, of how the Jinglepocket Goblins managed to mess this up, and how you've now acquired a prized mount that should rightfully belong to Smokywood Pastures.

We don't need a book. So please, quality over quantity. But if you feel you need to write a mini-novel, we won't hold it against you.

The best story will win the reindeer, an early gift from Greatfather Winter himself. I know...I moonlight as one of his jolly goblins when not being a master engineer trainer.

Just simply fill out the following form when you post. Have fun!

[b]Name of owner:[/b]
[b]Name of soquili:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b]

Soquili-Activities
Crew

Soquili-Activities
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm
RULES!

Open: NOW
Closes: May 30 @ 4pm cst

1. No complaining!!!!!

2. Use your own work!

3. Be respectful to others!

4. Don't post anything other than your story.

5. Have fun! (It's Christmas after all...)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:20 am
Name of owner: Kiara Lime
Name of soquili: Joy
Story:

Summer was right around the corner and the heatwave was coming early and strong. Sprocket, one of the new Jinglepocket Goblins was feeling it bad. His ears drooped as anyone you see the sweat coming off his brow.

Greatfather Winter gave him a task to try and get the winter festival planning and preparations all on paper a bit early this time of year and it didn't help that his higher Jinglepocket Goblin Bosses were on him like stink to a skunk. His stress and jobs just got harder and harder as the days and hours prolonged.

Just as he finished finished up most of his work that day he walked back to his little room where he could stamp and sort the papers. By accident he mixed up a few of the papers, stamping approvals while not reading them through quite well. Little did he know, one of them was to start the winter festivals early and gifting off a real reindeer instead or a toy deer. Once done he made sure to sign them and send them off.

It wouldn't be till May that he found out the mistake he made and that they were a reindeer short. Nervous he tried to patch things up, but it was too late.

Next thing I know, I get a knock at the door and to my surprise a reindeer right on my doorstep with a bow tied around her. I was dumbfounded but overjoyed. Though I doubt i'll be getting any presents this year after this mistake.

Kira Lime

6,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:56 am
Name of owner: Mameha Otome
Name of soquili: Metzen
Story: Summer was already there for most parts of Azeroth. At least the parts that weren't permanently frozen. With summer came the Midsummer Fire Festival. A time that many looked forward to every year. Granted it was nothing close to the harvest festivals, Hallow's Eve and Winter's Veil, but it gave the folks of Azeroth something to do in the warmer months. One Night Elf druid was one of those few that went out of their way to visit all the bonfires each summer. She enjoyed each stop, willingly enjoyed all the food (including the spicier things) and helped tend to the flames each time to ensure they kept burning.

It was reaching the flames closest to the goblin cities that she began to hear rumors of a grand prize for the one bravest soul who was willing to proceed into the deepest places and come out alive with proof. Ino took a deep breath and listened in silence to the discussion among a strange few goblins. Ones she typically didn't see this time of year. In fact...they looked like they should be helpers of Greatfather Winter instead.

"Well we screwed up."

"Who cares. We can make a pretty copper off these fools who are willing to pay the fee and try to get to the prize." Ino shook her head at the goblins. Of course there was an entry fee. Greedy bastards that they were...she sighed and yet willingly paid the fee before proceeding off into the hell that awaited her.

---

Within the two weeks of the Fire festival taking place, the druid finally returned. She was torn up, haggard, hungry and considerbly pissed off that she paid for the goblins to essentially take her out. No wonder there were rumors of them joining the Horde. She stomped up to the table as they were packing up and slammed a scroll down on the table. "There. There's your GREAT prize. I nearly got killed because of you foul little green beasts!" She yelled, half tempted to turn into a bear and rip them to shreds.

Both goblins glanced between each other, not believing that anyone would really return with the scroll and they would avoid getting into trouble with Greatfather Winter later in the year. The older of the two looked back at the irate druid and managed a grin at her. "That's not the prize. This is." He said, ripping a heavy canvas off a nearby cage containing a poor reindeer who simply stared back at Ino with sad eyes. The druid calmed instantly and rushed over to release the creature. She couldn't help but smile at how gentle it was and how willing it was to go with her and away from the horrible little goblins.

"Metzen. ...that's what I'm going to call you, whether you stay with me or not." Ino said, placing a hand on the neck of the beast.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:33 am
Name of owner: EchoLimaFoxtrot
Name of soquili: Holly
Story: It was a warm May evening, and everyone was feeling the effects of the warm front that went through the area. The Jinglepocket Goblins were sprawled out into from of makeshift fans, being run by robots that were donated to them from the Alliance gnomes. This was the time of year they hated most, for they liked the snow and ice, the games and joy, and especially the food and drinks. Even now, they sipped frozen drinks and chilled eggnog - just so they could have a taste of the Feast of Winter Veil.

They went hunting and found large chunks of ice, and shaved it down so they could have a snowball fight. The even made little gifts and gave them to each other. And as the night wound down, they snuck to Smokywood Pastures and, while giggling insanely, released one of the reindeers. They took her to one of the engineers who helped them out at that time of year and convinced her (with eggnog on their breath, and their gifts dangling from their necks) that it was the Feast of Winter Veil and she needed to be given to someone with enough holly.

The engineer, cooled as she was in her lab and over-worked from all the activities, took the reindeer (who felt she was the only one who knew it really wasn't the Feast of Winter Veil) and went out to the populace... only to realize that it was not winter. Exasperated and slightly hurt that the drunk goblins pulled such a prank, the engineer went running after the chuckling group - which scattered and made it allt he more difficult to catch them!

But the reindeer was left to her own devices, so she went wandering. Finally, she came upon a small shop that had an unprotected tub of "juice" outside. It was red, so she thought it looked festive - and safe. Much to the annoyance to the shop owner, that was her prized concoction, and not safe for reindeers to be drinking.

It didn't take long before the reindeer was inebriated and swaying in place. The small owner took pity on her and helped the poor creature inside and nursed her back to sobriety. It was difficult, for - who had holly this time of year? But with lots of begging and favors being promised, she finally got enough.

In the end, Greatfather Winter - after a trial - ruled that the shop owner could keep the reindeer due to her service and sacrifice to keep her safe. The shop owner was pleased, though there were changes made - for the reindeer (later named Holly) had a taste for her special brew and now tried to sneak it at any moment she got.

EchoLimaFoxtrot

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:58 pm
Won a freebie, sadly. xDD
<33333

Name of owner: Kuro-Mizuki.
Name of soquili: Chants de Noël (French for Christmas Carol).
Story:

"Well this is..." said the first goblin.

"This is..." said the second goblin.

"Totally..." added the third goblin.

"Sucky." finished the first.

"What do we do now?" asked the first. "She wasn't supposed to be brought out until the Winter's Veil Festival."

"Don't look at me." The second one said, holding his hands up in a gesture of innocence. "I wasn't the one who dared Ziggy to switch Greatfather Winter's reading glasses with a pair of those plastic X-Ray specs!"

"I didn't know he was so blind!" The third one - Ziggy - protested. "Besides, little kids love those things."

"Forget who's fault it is." the first goblin said. "We need to figure out what to do with her."

They all stared at the reindeer. She whinnied happily, tossing her head.

"We could send her back." The second one said, sounding rather hopeful.

"Of course we can't!" snapped the first, reaching up to pat her soft neck. "She's already here! Do you know how much paperwork that is?"

"Send her to the zoo?" suggested the second.

"No."

"Send her out into the wild?"

"What?! No! She's a reindeer mount, not a stray cat, you lunkhead!"

Ziggy sighed. "Well, we could always give her to someone."

Silence. Then -

"To who?"

A few moments later, with the help a few more goblins, there was a rather large present on the door of a certain secretary of Greatfather Winter's.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Name of owner: Pollack.
Name of soquili: Noella.
Story:
It was quite warm out for it only being late may. The upcoming summer was here early, that was clear on all of Azeroth well cept the few parts that still were high enough to have snow on them. The summer festivals in full swing it was a lively place, full of contests and good food. So it wasn't shocking when yet another contest came up, but this one seemed strange indeed. The two drunken goblins that were running around it were dressed up in red and green, going around screaming merry christmas to everyone. Christmas...but..it..Ah well. At least there was a prize at the end right! Right.

The blue harpy was greeted with a cheerful hic and a shout of "MERRY CHRISTMAS NEKKIE LADY~" from one of the drunken goblins and she sighed. She could only hope this prize was truly something epic, and not just a wild goose run. "I'm here for the quest, lessor. You will let me try it out yes?" With another hic the goblin nodded before handing her a list that was folded twice so you couldn't read what was inside. "Yooo-You get theses ma'ams and yooou win the...the p-prize! D-Do nots ope..n it tills you...in the dead scar." Eh, seemed simple. The harpy left to go to the dead scar with a bad taste in her mouth from the two. What could two drunks have that was so great anyways?

Soon after taking off into the skies she was over the dead scar. Well... she was here, now what was this quest? With a frown on her blue lips she unfolded the paper.

'1 Cold glass of milk made from a golden cow.

2 Scales from a warlock's succubus.

1 Lock of a female blood elf's hair.

MORE BEER! '

What the...IT WAS A SHOPPING LIST!? Ohhhh! She wanted to ring their necks so badly! And she would...hmm once she got that grand prize. After all these things should be fairly easy to get with the right twisting of words... the harpy smirked evilly at herself as she took off for the nearest field of cow's she knew of.

The golden cow milk was easy to get! You simple got gold paint and painted the cow before milking it. Not like the drunks could tell if it came from a golden cow or not. She also got the beer at the same time since it seemed the farmer liked to leave his door unlocked, and was himself a heavy drinker. Eh he wouldn't miss a few bottles being token, was bad for his health anyways!
Next it was the succubus's scales she got next, again really simple since she just summoned her own succubus and toke a few scales from her. Ha ha! Thank you warlock classes!
The blood elf's hair was the hardest to get. She had to sneak into the Silvermoon City city limits and stalk the locals before she had found her target, a fairly older blood elf with long flowing pure white hair. Perfect! Sneaking up to the old woman who was making her rounds around murder's row. Finally it was time to strike! Moving quickly in the shadows like a ninja she simply swung her long claws down using them like scissors as she cut off a lock then jumped back into the shadows.

She flew out of the grand city quickly. She really didn't want to get caught with so many stolen goods! Frankly this harpy didn't want to become someone's bird dinner, which she would if she was caught in that uptight town. The harpy flew on swift winds back to the festival with the stuff in claws. When she landed she did so right in front of the drunken goblins. "Hey! I got your quest done!" She shouted, anger laced in her words as she spoke. With that she dropped everything on the ground in front of the goblins, who scrabbled to pick to up as fast as they could. "Yesss. Yer do..neee goods! Y-You win the prize!" The taller of the two goblins said as a crooked tooth smile appeared on it's ugly face. "I...I go get the...prize!" It said as it shoved the milk and the scales that it'd picked up into the other drunken goblin's arms which made goblin number two fall over on it's butt. The blue harpy crossed her arms over her chest as she watched the two idiots run around like chicken's with their heads cut off. How'd they get anything done!?

After a few minutes of a run around the ugly little goblin's had set everything down finally, and was pushing a covered cage over to her. My god it was bigger then her! What was the prize!? A baby dragon!? The harpy could hear a fit of cries as whatever was in the cage ran about most likely scared to death. Poor thing. "You..You can set it down you know? I can see it from here." She said, just trying to get the bubbling idiots to stop scaring the poor animal inside the cage. "A..A'right miss. Kay wells...sh-hes all yours!" Goblin number one said as it ripped off the large piece of cloth that was covering the cage.

Oh gods! What was under it was just...darling to the harpy. It was the cutest reindeer ever, it had holly around it's neck and a saddle that was all shiny and new. The poor thing looked scared out of her wits being in that dark cage. The harpy coo'd as she slowly stuck her claw through the bars and into the cage. Letting the slender reindeer come up and sniff her hand, after getting use to her scent the harpy was even able to pet the top of the reindeer's nose. Oh what a darling little thing! With a smile the harpy toke her claw back and unlocked the cage with the tip of one of her long fingers. The reindeer came right out and went right to her. The harpy giggle as she petted the reindeer lightly. "You'll be called Noella, and you little darling will be spoiled rotten."

Sure... both the harpy and the goblin's got into big trouble with father winter and the smokywood pastures, and after some fighting and showing them that indeed she could take care of the reindeer just fine. It came to an agreement that the reindeer should stay with the harpy, since she indeed won her fair and square. And both Noella and the harpy couldn't be happier.

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 pm
Name of owner: Mahogany Sunset
Name of soquili: Eirlys
Story:

May in the Smokywood Pastures was just like any other month - grey, chilly, and usually snowing. But this May was unlike any other one. It was evening, and the Jinglepocket Goblins were wandering through the fields, thinking about the nearing cold season and the Feast of Winter Veil.

The reindeer were growing up extremely quickly this year; the soil was incredibly rich, and the grass was growing so well that the reindeer were growing with it. One of the reindeer, a filly, was no longer a filly. She was a full-grown adult, thanks to the quality of the grazing pastures.

They'd named her Eirlys when she was born - she had a special place in their hearts. "Snowdrop", they called her. She'd always been enthusiastic when new spring snow and frost had covered the ground. She'd pranced through it like a new snowflake floating from the clouds, they used to say. And so the Goblins named her Eirlys, they're word for snowdrop - the falling of new snow.

As they watched Eirlys stand neck-and-neck with her mother, they pondered their choices. By the time Winter Veil came around, they'd be too attached to give her to a deserving child. They could keep her for their flight teams and hope that she had some of old Rudolph's or Vixen's magical blood, or they could give her away right now. In May. They wouldn't be attached, then.

It was time for them to let her go. They waved their hats as the train whistled and pulled out of the station for a one-time, special run.

They shipped Eirlys south as fast as they could in a padded crate. She cried for her friends that she'd never see again - those funny little men that always laughed at her gallivanting about in the snow and the water it left behind; her mother and father, whom she had not gotten to say good-bye to.

Oh, how she'd miss them.

Eirlys was still a filly at heart, but not in body. She was a young adult now, and ready for a rider. She grew silent, and waited for the train to stop on the tracks so she could get out and stretch her long legs.  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:55 am
won a freebie

Name of owner: Jynk
Name of soquili: Winterveil
Story:

I looked across the table, staring the goblins down. It had been a long night and things were becoming tense. I gave my best blank look and took a long swallow of ale, trying to seem at ease. The goblin sitting directly across from me just smirked.

"So, what will it be?" he asked, his companion giving me a sly grin as if she'd just stolen my money pouch. I checked. She hadn't. Yet.

"I think I'll add this into the pile," I replied, setting down [Snub-Nose Blastershot Launcher] on the large accumulation of stuff, the gun's purple aura giving off a strange light in the dark tavern.

I grinned at the two goblins, trying my best to give the same "I just stole your grandma's lunch money" smug expression the female had given earlier. I knew I had these two on the run. "So, what're you gonna do with that?"

The goblins whispered to each other, the bells sewn on their ridiculous red and green outfits jingling softly. I wasn't too sure why they were out here in Booty Bay when they should've been--I don't know--making toys or [Winter Veil Disguise Kits] or whatever Jinglewhatsit Goblins did between Winter Veils. Maybe they just got drunk and silly on [Egg Nog] and [Gingerbread Cookies].

Finally the pair looked at me. "I think we have just the thing to beat that bet," the male said, placing a sprig of [Preserved Holly] on the pile.

I just looked at it. "You have got to be kidding me. That's barely event an Uncommon. I bring you Epics and you're giving me--I don't even know what."

"Relax, man, this might be an Uncommon, but it's a decent Uncommon. We don't give these out to just anyone, you know," the goblin assured me. "Anyone with a guild can go get that Epic gun from Onyxia's Lair, but not many can get this." He tapped the sprig. "It's pretty epic in it's own right."

"It's a twig is what it is," I replied, totally not buying it, but my curiosity was piqued. "Fine, whatever, you little cheapskate. I'll see your damn stick and call. Show your cards, greenie."

And right then and there I learned the hard and fast rule of Never Play Poker With A Goblin (second only to Never Go Against A Sicilian When Death Is On The Line--whatever that means). I had no choice but to watch as the goblins scraped together all my hard-earned, but not-yet-auctioned loot. Stupid goblins with their stupid jingly bells.

"No hard feelings, though," the female said, picking up the [Preserved Holly] and tossing it back on the table before me. "Here. For your trouble."

"Oh, gee, thanks," I huffed, snatching up the stick. I had the urge to hurl it at them as they left, but instead tucked it into my armor. Sure, it was out of season, but festive nonetheless.

Heading out of Booty Bay to try and farm some Epics back up to replace what I'd lost (I'd never hear the end of it from my guild), I heard a noise. Oh, please do not let it be some rogue looking to camp lowbies, for I had not the patience for corpse runs today. Instead, it was . . . err, a reindeer?

Yes, that's what it was. A doe... a deer.. a female deer. I figured she came with the Jinglebutt Goblins and perhaps made a break for it while they were giggling over the loot they'd suckered out of me. She came closer and nosed at the twig in my armor. That was it, eh? She wanted that stupid [Preserved Holly]. I nudged her away and she headbutted me.

A few moments later, I woke up and discovered my armor and inventory had been looted and there were tiny goblin prints everywhere... and jingle bells. Those little green jerks! Sitting up and rubbing my head, I heard a noise. They had come back? Oh, it was so very on. Time to skill up the old unarmed combat.

A wet something nudged at me and then something somewhat antler-like clonked into my head. Ow. They were throwing antlers at me? I hoped that was the case, because otherwise there was possibly a very kinky night elf druid about, and that would just be . . . ew. Cringing slightly, I looked over and was instantly awash with ease seeing it was just the stupid reindeer.

"Why are you still here? They go off and leave you?' I asked and was answered by way of headbutt. Yeah, they probably had a good reason for leaving her. However, seeing as how the goblins had looted everything from me, including soulbound items--how did they do that?!--I was left unarmed, without armor, and without mount. I guess this is where Greatfather Winter got his loot to give out during Winter Veil.

Slowly the plan came to me. I could ride the reindeer back to Stormwind to pick up my spare gear, and then I would hunt those jingly green bastards down and . . . well, probably do something unpleasant to them. Steal my stuff back, too. Yes, that seemed like a good plan. Only one hitch in it. A very ornery reindeer.

As I moved to climb up on her back, she sidestepped and looked at me. I tried again and she reared up. The third time she hoofed me right off the road. She headbutted me the fourth time and I'm pretty sure she stopped on me, too, if the little reindeer prints on my forehead mean anything. Eventually I gave up and decided to just walk back, hoping a raptor or murloc would just eat me and put me out of my humiliated misery.

And, lo, the reindeer began to follow me. She might not have wanted me to ride her, but she didn't want to be left in the jungle, either. I didn't blame her in that. I, too, had had enough of goblins. Seeing as how I couldn't get rid of her--any attempt to chase her off was met with a good hoofing or a headbutt--I decided simply to let her be my companion. She may not have liked me much, but she sure took offense to anyone that wasn't her abusing me.

So, with my guard do--err, reindeer at my side, I began my long walk back to Stormwind, deciding to use the time wisely to come up with an explanation for all of this. Eventually I did get my back-up gear and mount, and I did find and thoroughly beat those two goblins to get my belongings back . . . and steal the poker game winnings, too. All through this, the reindeer stayed at my side, hoofing any thing that tried to attack me. Sometimes she hoofed me, too, but that was just for funsies.

If anyone asks, though, I won her in a bet, you hear?

...and don't play poker with goblins. Especially those with bells on.

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:23 am
Name of owner:lysia_nyteblade
Name of soquili:Celyn
Story:
The middle of May, Christmas was long over and here the jinglepocket goblins were gathered in the center of Orgrimar. Yelling tidings of good cheer to all around. Being that she was a rather curious troll, Hebishii walked forward looking at them puzzled. "What ya bein here for? Winter vale not being for many months off yet..." She bent down to look the goblins in the eyes.

"W-w-we're not? many months off still yet!" The goblin sputtered and whirled around as the other goblyns who'd accompanied him here started to howl with laughter. "B-beggin you're pardon miss troll.. but what month IS it?"

Hebishii eyes the young goblin carefully. it seemed to her that perhaps this one was a new recruit who'd had a crude joke played on him. With a wide smile, she patted the poor now distraught goblin on the back causing him to nearly fall over. "Why It bein May.. Childrens week just passed!." She said with a chuckle.

"Oh, my my my my... This won't do at all.." Turning he rounded on the still snickering companions of his. "What are you all laughing for? I sent out the winter mount already!" He cried in anguish. The other goblins seemed to all choke on their laughter and look at one another. Great father winter would be most un-pleased with them indeed for this mix up. "You weren't supposed to set the mount out!" Said one. "We're all Doomed, Doomed I tell you." Said another. "Wait.. I know.. send the troll after it.." They all peered at the one who'd gotten the idea and grinned wide.

"Yall be wantin me to go after your mount and save yer skins? heh... figures.. send the troll..." Hebishii shook her head and laughed. "Fine.. I'll do it but ah be makin no promises." Without another word, she set off to look for the now missing mount.

She'd traveled long and hard looking for any sign, finding none for many days. As she slid off the side of her mount, she was about to start to call it a night and start fresh in the morning, it was only mid after noon as it was but her mount was favoring one of it's legs. As she toughed the ground, she noticed something. cloven hoof tracks. Her stomach was rumbling and the leather was always a bonus so with an inward shrug, she began following the tracks. She'd followed the beast's tracks till it led to a rather secluded nitch in the hills. the box canyon the animal was now in didn't appear to have any other ways out which meant the beast was still in the area having seen no tracks leading out. As she rounded a canyon wall, she saw the mount she'd been searching fore. The female looked to be rather banged up and in a skittish state. Slowly, she walked towards her, cooing in a calming voice. "Shhh... easy now.. We bein friends you an me.. I only be wantin to help ya there missy." Closer she stepped to the doe. Taking her time, she was finally able to get close enough to rest her hand on the young doe's nose. "See.. not gonna hurt you. No, not a pretty thing like you." She'd have to work swiftly though the young thing looked at first to have been pretty banged up, at this close range she noticed it wasn't much to worry too terribly about. Pulling from her pack a few rolls of Frost weave bandages, she set to work on the worse wounds. It looked like the poor thing had had a horrible run in with a predator. "You bein able to travel?" She asked the doe knowing that surely it couldn't actually speak. Still she seemed to give a nod and walked around some though slowly at first.

The bandages weren't as good as having a full out healer, but they were better than letting the wounds get infected. Taking the doe's reigns in her hand, she led her back to where her own mount was. "We be needing something to call you if we be travelin wit each other.." She thought for a moment. "Jingle? Chime? Harp? Felice? no, no, no, and udderly ridiculous... hmmm... hows about I be callin ya Celyn?" The doe threw her head about wildly nodding in agreement, it seemed she liked the name. "Den Ah be callin ya that missy." Looking over her own mount's favored leg, and sighed heavily. "Looks like we be walkin back then..." Grinning wide, she set back to return the missing winter festival mount.

By the time she made it back to Orgrimar, Great father winter was standing next to the goblins, scolding them on the loss of the mount. "Wasn't us.. promise." Said one. "Troll took her!." Said another. All the while, the rookie who'd started this mess stayed silent.

Having heard that she was being blamed for this mess, she marched over, thrusting the reigns into great father winter's hand. "Ah bein no thief! They sent meh out ta find mount.. Ah be jus bringin her back so yous and those dullard Goblins can go back.. Trolls may not be da smartest.. but least we have honor!" She started to stalk off grumbling about being accused by the very goblins who'd screwed up to begin with.

Neva pulled at her reigns in an attempt to follow the troll she'd become attached to. Calling she pulled harder still, snorting and nipping at the goblins all the while. Great father winter wasn't a fool. He knew they'd be naughty little goblins and seeing the Celyn's reaction to the young troll, he had an idea. "Hebishii!" He called out. Yes great father winter knew everyone's names after all he knew when they deserved to get presents.

Hearing her name, she stopped and turned. "Ya mon!... Ah be warnin ya.. Ah be no thief..." She said as she started back. Still Great father winter shook his head and raised a hand, releasing the reigns of the doe who swiftly rushed over to nuzzle the troll. "Your words are true troll, You only went after the mount seeking nothing more than to help out the person who'd been set up by his own supervisors." He cast a glare at the goblins who seemed to sulk. "Take her as a gift for being honest and true, if a bit hot headed. Many would have simply taken the mount and run off but you attempted to return her to her rightful place. I say she belongs with you, besides she's quite fornd of you, Hebishii."

Bewildered she bowed, thanking the jolly man for being so generous and kind. "Peace be witcha mon." She said as she patted her newly acquired mount on the neck and waved a fairwell to Great father winter before she set off on another adventure, her new friend behind her.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:35 am
Won a freebie

Name of owner: elvyralani
Name of soquili: Metzen (woo wow lore!)
Story:
Elvy walked through the busy Darkmoon Faire. Currently it was outside of Shattrath City which is so large the faire too was packed full of people.

The Faire was home to many a kind of folk, trolls, elves, and of course goblins. If you didn't know, the Faire and the Feast of Winter Veil take place near one another. So some of the goblins get to work both, not all of course but a few of the adventurous ones do year round.

Elvy was excited, she finally had enough tickets to get an extra giant bag. It had taken her the last year to finally earn up enough for it. She made it through the crowd and found Gelvas Grimegate, the ticket master.

Gelvas was also one of Greatfather Winter's goblins. He was in charge of experiments for future gifts for all of the good people in the realm. Lately he had been experimenting with the Preserved Holly. That was what temporarily made ones mount into one of their reindeers. He was trying to get it to last longer, so someone's mount could stay as one longer.

Well, now, he wasn't doing this under the orders of Greatfather Winter at all. It was more of a personal experiment. The thing was, the goblin had no mount of his own. So he had to find some victim, err, customer that would try.

A Night Elf came up to him, introducing herself as Elvy. She had a healthy amount of tickets to redeem. Maybe.... Gelvas smiled, "You wish to redeem your tickets. Okay. Well, I would also like to tell you of this special ... offer we are running, for today only. When you redeem your tickets, you also get this special Preserved Holly. It's a new model, lasts longer you know?"

Elvy thought nothing of it at all and took her new bag and holly. It took her a bit but she finally made her way out of the large faire. She summoned her flying mount and decided to try that new holly. It couldn't hurt, it would dissipate when she landed anyway. Elvy took the holly and cast the spell. It ... didn't work like it normally did. It should have surrounded her mount in a green mist and turn it into the mount. What happened was the holly left her hand and the mist surrounded it instead. Standing next to her mount was a reindeer! It summoned a real one, not disguising her own one.

That holly created one instead from itself! Gelvas watched in glee from the faire at what had happened. His hopes were surpassed, it wasn't what he wanted though that would work just fine. He'd let the elf named Elvy keep her new mount, for being a good experiment (that didn't go awry).

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

Azael_Rose

Crew

Festive Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 am
Name of owner: Azael_Rose
Name of soquili: Yule Tide
Story:

It took some time but Azael finally managed to stumble upon the snowy terrain. She had no particular quest to complete and was just enjoying her fair share of exploring that day. She ventured further into the landscape. She had never been there and so she felt a bit lost and on edge. There was some color in the distance, more brown and red than the grey and green of stones and trees. As Azael moved closer she could easily tell it was a large animal...a reindeer.

She was taken aback. What was a reindeer doing here in the middle of Summer? Though the land was quite winter-like, the reindeer would not be here until the holidays. Azael wasn't sure where they kept them until then but she had an inkling. She walked over quietly and slowly as not to spook her. It was indeed female.

She was close enough to touch now, and she gently placed her hand on the reindeer's back. She had a docile temperament and didn't so much as flinch. "What are you doing here?" she asked the mount.

Distant voices drifted down with the wind. Azael only managed to catch a few snippets of the conversation. 'Mistake...' 'I know!...do we do now?' 'Smokywood...he will be upset...'
"Hello?" Azael called out looking towards the rock face where someone could hide.

'Shh!' 'What...that?' What the human could not see was that two goblins were crouched behind a boulder heavily whispering to each other. The taller one peered over the edge. He caught a glimpse of Azael and the reindeer. He turned to his companion and pointed down. "There is our solution. She stole it." The two nodded with broad grins.

They stayed silent, waiting for the human to give up her search. Finally she did. "Well...I guess that's it then, you're mine now." She patted the mare and led her back the way she had originally come.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:35 pm
Name of owner: Urimian
Name of soquili: Vixena
Story:
An eternity has passed since Christmas was finished. And the room where all the presents were wrapped up/made was starting to get dusty. Xueron, an elf that just got hired last Christmas was sweeping all the dust of the machines.The room was big as 3 football fields. So you would imagine the work he had to do. He hated the job. But, 3 days later, the place was shiny like a newly polished trophy. There was just one more thing he had to do, clean up the wishlist. The wishlist was the place where all the wishlists of all the children got piled in and seen. He knew the place very well. In fat, he was the one who had to see all the lists last year. Little did he know that he didn't see one. After he cleaned the place up, he finnaly saw the wishlist of Urimian. The poor kid didn't got his Toy reeindeer. After he saw it, he immediatley showed the list of one thing to Santa. He was suprised. St. Nick immediately sent Xueron to see the Goblin responsible of the reeindeer's, so that he could make a sculpture of one of the reeindeer's to send it to Urimian. When Xueron got there, he told the goblin about the incident and ran off. But the Goblin in charge of the reeindeer was hard at hearing. So instead of hearing ''We need a sculpture of one of Vixen's daughters ASAP'', he heard ''We need one of Vixen's Daughter ASAP''. So he wrapped it up and stuck a note on her saying : ''Sorry for the delay. Santa'', and sent her off. You could have imagined Uri's face when he got the Mare. He was over-joyed!
Note : I will only be on Gaia on weekends. So don't blame me if i don't send the PM Stating Temper. So i will say it right now. Confused.  

Urimian

4,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:40 pm
Name of owner: Syaoran-Puu
Name of soquili: Rayne
Story:

"My Granddad told me the story of how we got those reindeer once." Sya beamed towards her good friend Dixie. Dixie eyes went wide with anticipation. Petting the belly of a Reindeer she had come to know as Rayne Sya recited a short poem for her friend.

"May Merry Christmas"

Oh joy and holly,
Its that time again,
Only five months passed.

Where holly and bells and all things that smell,
Are brought out to play again.

For here before us we have a big mess,
All because the filers can't spell.

They saw the word "Merry",
And filed it away,
When it should have been "Christmas" instead.

So as May came along,
And the file was opened,
'Merry' was also unfolded.

Straight away they did work,
To make 'Merry' the best.

With Reindeers and presents,
And turkey and pheasant,
And all style of jolly good things.

Only then did they notice,
Their mess was uncovered,
For 'Merry' was 'Christmas' instead.

But rather than say it,