Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 am
Hey! It's finally time for one of Extrasensory's giant RP events that we all know and love (and if you don't hopefully you will learn to soon!) This event is loaded with opportunities to get pokemon AND introduce your character to both the world of Zatao and other trainers. In RP events, tons of pokemon are given out usually (at minimum like 20) so if you join in and are active, you most likely will get one.

YOU CAN JOIN THIS EVENT EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO POKEMON. THIS EVENT IS FREE FOR EVERYONE TO JOIN

So, here are the times for when the metaplot will be going on during the event:
June 4th: 7 PM EST-10 PM EST
June 5th: 12 AM EST - 3 AM EST
June 6th: 12 AM EST - 3 AM EST
June 7th: 9 PM EST - 10 PM EST
June 8th: 9 PM EST - 11 PM EST
June 9th: 9 PM EST -10 PM EST
RP will be going on ALL DAY so you can drop by whenever although it is preferred that you guys are around near the metaplot times. There will usually be swarms or important plot points

You are NOT required to post every day, but the more you are here, the more likely it is that you will be rewarded with something at the end of the event!

The main method of acquiring pokemon during the event is through SWARMS which will be like a free raffle.
Basically, either FireFoxNinetails, Mythee, Duelist of Pokemon, or MicroOndas will give a hint that something is happening before posting "SWARM TIME" (or something like that) in big bold size 24 font. Then we will post a pokemon that appears and anyone who wants a shot at it will post this:

User Image
SAFARIBALL GO!

Everyone who posts will get one ticket to a free raffle for the pokemon and I will roll for the winner in about 5 minutes after the pokemon is first posted. Then the winner will send a trade of 4k and cert info to the colorist of the pokemon (It will be posted next to the pokemon image) and can RP with it for the rest of the event.
You have an UNLIMITED AMOUNT of safari balls but you can only catch ONE pokemon during the whole event. So you can try repeatedly in these swarms as long as you have never won one. Also, there will be some rare pokemon on the last day of the event and you will be able to try for those pokemon (and only on the last day!) even if you have already caught a pokemon during the previous 4 days.

Okay now let's get to the actual plot of the RP event...
Intro Post

You may or may not frequently watch the news, but you happen to notice an interesting news report from the big television screen in the waiting room of the pokemon center. An enthusiastic news reporter appears on screen with an Eevee in her arms.

"I can't believe this! There seems to be a whole swarm of the illusive pokemon Eevee around Motterossa! Well, it seems that this will certainly make Motterossa a new hotspot in Zatao although who knows how long these Eevees will stick arou-"

The Eevee in the lady's arm managed to wiggle free and the camera followed the Eevee's path to a larger field where even more of the pokemon were seen playing with each other.

"A rare event indeed. Scientists have not been able to figure out why there has been such a large Eevee migration but they're here and they seem to have no qualms about staying for now. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event to see, and perhaps catch, one of these Eevee. Your best, and safest, chance of meeting one may be to take one of Katarina's transport services..."

You zone out after a while but the Eevee swarm has definitely caught your interest. Perhaps you are a trainer who wants a new addition to your team or maybe you are a researcher who wants to study this odd event. Perhaps you are just an adventurer who wants to see something interesting. For whatever purpose, you find yourself planning a trip to Motterossa

Okay, now as mentioned in the post, non trainers may take the a pokemon express from Katarina to Motterossa. Motterossa is still developing so there is no better way to get to the town unless you have some pokemon that can fly the long distance. There has been a reported increase in the aggressiveness of wild pokemon around Motterossa though so only the strongest individuals are suggested to go alone. And if you don't have your own pokemon, you better go rush to the express service!

Pokemon Express Service

People using the express service will and MUST go in a group. You do not get to decide who is in this group (although you can tell me preferences). However many groups there are and how many people in each group will depend on the number of people participating but there will be at minimum 6 people per group.
The pokemon express services offers rental pokemon and will allow you to use them for a week as long as you go with an assigned group. You are not allowed to steal these pokemon; they have tracker chips in them so the police can and will track you down if you do.
Most groups will get a mixed pack of Ponyta or Tauros. Maybe Onix if all the Ponyta/Tauros are unavailable. You will be told your groups June 3rd and during the first 2-3 days of the event you will primarily talk to your group to keep the event semi organized. Other groups will be nearby so if you want to talk to others you CAN but it is preferable to stick to your group and get to know them. During the RP event your group will be assigned a color and you will be required to post in that color for the rest of the event
You may RP the rental pokemon for the duration of the event.

Those WITH pokemon may choose to be transported by their pokemon. IF AND ONLY IF THE POKEMON IS A REASONABLE TRANSPORT POKEMON. Murkrow will most likely not be able to carry a trainer 5 times its weight several miles across wild terrain (and possibly dangerous skies) to Motterossa. However, something like a rampardos/stantler/pidgeot/altaria/etc probably would. Remember, you need to get there within 2-3 days or else you will be too late! So your pokemon must be reasonably durable and fast. Trekking on foot beside them will take too long so you need to be able to ride them.
If you are not sure if your pokemon is able to or not, please post here and ask first

OKAY SIGN UP FORM. PM THESE FORMS TO Pogeys (the shop mule) OKAY? DO NOT POST THEM. DO NOT POST THEM. PM THEM. PM THEM.DO NOT POST THEM. DO NOT POST THEM. PM THEM. PM THEM. DO NOT POST THEM. DO NOT POST THEM. PM THEM. PM THEM. ARE WE CLEAR? scream I have a reason for this really.
Also, you may only have ONE character in this RP. PS: rocket characters are encouraged to join (although we still want normal trainers/healers/police/etc too, variety is great)

Username:
Are you using the Express Service?:
If yes, what pokemon would you prefer?: Ponyta/Tauros/Onix
If no, what pokemon are you using?: (cert image plz)
Trainer Profession?:
When will you most likely be on during the first two days of the event?: (You can say you probably won't be on at all or perhaps give a certain time range. Please don't say you will be on all day because most likely you may not. Choose a time and commit to it so I can put together groups that will most likely be together around the same time)
Username of people you prefer to be in your group:

NOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE POST THEM
I may revise parts of this post later, I started typing this late at night

scream  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:18 pm
Oh, the RP event will take place here in the guild. The link to the RP event thread will be posted on the front page of the main thread when the day comes :3

ADVERTISING CONTEST

Put this banner in your sig:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2aj6s34][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/2vbr3uo.png[/img][/url]

For every day that you have the banner in your sig (for a full 24 hours) you can post
[size=24]I WENT FOR A STROLL TODAY WITH MAI EEVEE[/size]

to get ONE berry

For every person that posts (in this thread) that you referred them here (they must report that you referred them in their sign-up) you get ONE berry
If that person signs up for the event, you get an extra berry!

Now what are these berries used for?
You can use them to get a greater chance of capturing pokemon in the swarms during the RP event. In the RP event, swarms work as flaffles so basically you get extra raffle tickets you can use (or give away if you really want)

Thank you Crimson Jazz for help with the banner <3

StarrySeas - 1 Berry
Lady Mist - 6 Berries
-Deadre
Mewrose - 7 Berries
Neko_no_Yami - 8 Berries
-R.K.Steller
Griffin Fire - 7 Berries
Ruhane Chiisai - LRW - 4 Berries
-Poppy Yukai
BlackFireKitsune - 2 Berries

Pogeys

Pogeys

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:12 pm
Okay wow I think I confused some people by saying pokemon express

Um. It's NOT a train, Zatao has not developed a train system yet. Basically it's like a wagon caravan - you get to rent a pokemon and go together with a pack of other people on rental pokemon because there is safety in numbers. The pokemon have learned the route to Motterossa so they will lead you there >w<;;  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:16 pm
Soo... would an Arcanine count as a reliable mode of transportation? If not, Raina has her ponyta but... Branimir with his ExtremeSpeed move would prove much quicker I think XD  

Rian-chan

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:20 pm
Would a Miltank be a reliable mode of transportation? (Said Miltank is already used to carrying her healer/trainer around almost everywhere.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 pm
Das Tor
Would a Miltank be a reliable mode of transportation? (Said Miltank is already used to carrying her healer/trainer around almost everywhere.)

Yes :3  

Pogeys

GriffinFire

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:58 pm
Couple of questions, here.

If we own Pokemon, but a character that we want to use doesn't, can they take a rental?

For trainer profession, should we stick to the ones we use on the certs?

And for RP purposes:

Does the Express cost anything?

Should characters be bringing their own Pokeballs?  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:14 pm
Are trainers allowed to bring more than one Pokemon if they have more than one?  

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

Pogeys

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:17 pm
GriffinFire
Couple of questions, here.

If we own Pokemon, but a character that we want to use doesn't, can they take a rental?

For trainer profession, should we stick to the ones we use on the certs?

And for RP purposes:

Does the Express cost anything?

Should characters be bringing their own Pokeballs?

Yes, they can :3

No, not if you don't want to

And the express does have a price - idk I would say around 20 dollars in the US (so a little over 2000 yen). HOwever if your trainer is poor or something we could say the express owner was nice and gave a discount or someone helped you or something  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:37 pm
Great, thanks for the answers!

What about the Pokeballs? I think the characters were given them before, but this doesn't seem to be as much of an organized expedition.  

GriffinFire

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250

Pogeys

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 pm
Compliments of the express system probably xD  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:54 pm
Okay, thanks again. smile  

GriffinFire

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250

Renekai

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:43 pm
Bouncy_Pineapple

I would like to know this as well. 3nodding
Edit: Or was the answer to that 'yes, they can'? @__@ *not sure if Fayah was answering Bo or Griffin with that one*  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:01 pm
Renekai
Bouncy_Pineapple

I would like to know this as well. 3nodding
Edit: Or was the answer to that 'yes, they can'? @__@ *not sure if Fayah was answering Bo or Griffin with that one*

Yes you can bring a max of 6 pokemon with you :3  

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:12 am
I got a couple of questions.
Do the pokemon have to be ones from this shop, or can I use they minipogey from the img RP?
I can just create a Trainer/character, right?

Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff