Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Suicide Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suicide?
  Going to Hell
  He wouldn't do that to his people
  He embraces you
  Gold OM NOM NOM
View Results

ToxicPlay

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 pm
What are your feelings on suicide? On the people that commit? What happens to those people? Do we really believe that God would send his "children" to purgatory or Hell for no longer wanting to walk this earth?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm
What purpose does Purgatory have since Christ paid the debt? None. Not to mention the extreme lack of scriptural evidence. So, don't worry about that.

I believe they could go to Hell. That depends entirely on their state of salvation. If they have been truly, Biblically saved.. If the last act I ever committed was to lie to my wife, would I go to Hell? You'll find that the answers to the suicide question and mine are the same. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that if you commit suicide, you will go to Hell. The Blood of Christ covers all sins, past, present, and future.  

rosadria

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm
VK Fox
What purpose does Purgatory have since Christ paid the debt? None. Not to mention the extreme lack of scriptural evidence. So, don't worry about that.

I believe they could go to Hell. That depends entirely on their state of salvation. If they have been truly, Biblically saved.. If the last act I ever committed was to lie to my wife, would I go to Hell? You'll find that the answers to the suicide question and mine are the same. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that if you commit suicide, you will go to Hell. The Blood of Christ covers all sins, past, present, and future.

Life is like a Rainbow,
Wouldn't of said it any other way.

There's a pot of gold at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:20 pm
VK Fox

I applaud you dear sir. That was brillant.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Ravenous Kitkat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:17 am

User Image

Suicide is killing yourself. Killing is a sin. "Thou shalt not kill", from the common 10 commandments. Wages of sin is death. I'm looking for another scripture for reference, but meanwhile, this is my opinion.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 pm
VK Fox

I agree with your Purgatory Comment, but your comment about Suicide could not be further from the truth, YOU GO TO HELL, God states in Genesis (Roughly said i don't have my bible right now) "He who spills the blood of my creation has no place in my kingdom" could that not be any clearer YOU ARE GODS CREATION, no acception, SUICIDE IS A SIN  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

rosadria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
VK Fox

I agree with your Purgatory Comment, but your comment about Suicide could not be further from the truth, YOU GO TO HELL, God states in Genesis (Roughly said i don't have my bible right now) "He who spills the blood of my creation has no place in my kingdom" could that not be any clearer YOU ARE GODS CREATION, no acception, SUICIDE IS A SIN

By that logic we go to Hell for eating pork. Do you like pork? How about shellfish? Prove it under the New Testament, which is what is binding for Christians.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:55 pm
suicide is murder. you are murdering yourself. I believe you would go to hell.  

WoodSorrelWitch

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm
I don't think you would go to hell, if you asked Jesus in your heart and you believe in him. Once you do that all your sins are forgiven even if you commit suicide you will be forgiven. Before Jesus came to Earth and died for us there was no way to be forgiven because once you committed suicide you couldn't sacrifice an animal. But Jesus died for all our sins and since he did we are forgiven for everything we do. That doesn't give us the right to sin more but we are forgiven.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:47 pm
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV
[19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV
[16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

WoodSorrelWitch

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm
what about john 3:16
for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not parish but have everlasting life.

in that verse it clearly says if you believe in him you will not parish but live forever. Even if you commit suicide if you believe in him you live eternally.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm
PawzPrint
[19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

[16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

i have a question about this one
so if we don't respect our bodies by doing drugs and we don't ask for forgiveness before we die we go to hell too?  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:27 pm
VK Fox
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
VK Fox

By that logic we go to Hell for eating pork. Do you like pork? How about shellfish? Prove it under the New Testament, which is what is binding for Christians.

What the heck for one the pork thing is wrong God abolished that in Genesis. If you disobey one of his laws you are guilty of breaking all laws, if you steal a cookie that's just as bad as killing someone, there are punishments for actions such as murder or suicide God condemns you because if you say you love him and you will live your life for him (Baptism) and then go break his laws you go to hell, why do you ask? because if you love God you will obey his laws, and of course everyone slips up but if you are truly sorry you can be forgiven, though I hate it when I run into ignorance in this field its why I quit other guilds. And yes because you are a living human if you kill yourself its murder, God said in Genesis "He who spills the blood of man shall be condemned" that is Gods domain not mans to dwell in, we do our best to stay alive not to stop it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:28 pm
Secret_lillies
PawzPrint

i have a question about this one
so if we don't respect our bodies by doing drugs and we don't ask for forgiveness before we die we go to hell too?

Yes that's what happens, flat out yes, your body is Gods temple and by desecrating your body you are desecrating his Temple.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

rosadria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
VK Fox
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
VK Fox

What the heck for one the pork thing is wrong God abolished that in Genesis. If you disobey one of his laws you are guilty of breaking all laws, if you steal a cookie that's just as bad as killing someone, there are punishments for actions such as murder or suicide God condemns you because if you say you love him and you will live your life for him (Baptism) and then go break his laws you go to hell, why do you ask? because if you love God you will obey his laws, and of course everyone slips up but if you are truly sorry you can be forgiven, though I hate it when I run into ignorance in this field its why I quit other guilds. And yes because you are a living human if you kill yourself its murder, God said in Genesis "He who spills the blood of man shall be condemned" that is Gods domain not mans to dwell in, we do our best to stay alive not to stop it.

All of the Law is not binding. If you want to accept that quote that you have as authoritative, then you have to accept pork and shellfish as well. That promise / punishment is not applicable if you cannot find a NT verse that brings it back up again.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff