Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonflight: An Alternative Pern (Old Guild)

Back to Guilds

A B/C Pern Roleplay 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Roleplay, Breedables 

Reply Malvren Weyr
[ORP]Welcome to the Weyr

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm
((stole the weyr's post virginity!))

Pazzult was sitting at breakfast, happily eating citrus fruit and warm bread, listening to the Candidate Master talk about what their tasks would be for the day. Just imagine, two days ago he was at his parents' house in Arcon Hold, working on a new pattern and now he was sitting here, next to some other boys, learning all about Weyrlife.

A blue dragon had decided, he Pazzult, was dragon material.

The thought stunned him and made him excited at the same time. His unruly black hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail as he tried not to cram food into his mouth at an alarming rate. He was a growing boy after all. Washing it down with redfruit juice, the Weaver boy noticed the quality of some of those near him and nodded in compliment. Really was nice work and he wondered if the boys did their own work or if they had a family member who was a Weaver.

He had spent three years at the Crafthall in Boll and knew quite a few names. In fact, one of the faces looked a little familiar to him but he couldn't place a name. Oh well. The food beckoned and he answered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm
Sitting not too far from the batch of Candidates, Kita could hear some of what they were being told. Though it never really changed from turn to turn, it was still an interesting discussion to hear. The possibilities the Candidates had for Impressing, and moving on to caring for a young dragon were really fascinating.

Of course they couldn't be anything compared to the jolt of inspiration for a new design. Which, he has to glumly admit to himself as he lightly stabs a piece of fruit, hasn't come to him in a few days. Not to say that his current patterns weren't perfectly fine and suiting him well, but he thrived on that feeling of being inspired. Perhaps with the next Clutch or the gold Queen's next rising, he'd get that inspiration back. Seeing the dragons in flight was never a let down, that was certain.

He returns his eyes to absently scanning over the Candidates at their table again, wondering if he could guess just from this distance what kind of backgrounds they could have come to the Weyr from, aside from those he had sort of grown up with in the Weyr itself. Now that was interesting, the younger Weyrbrats finally having their chance at being in the ranks. They must be excited about it, maybe as much as he'd been when he finally got to go to the Weaver Hall and learn.

His meal done with him, Kita stands to leave back for his shop and stare again at the blank fabrics in there for ideas. Maybe start on that vest from the Northern purple fabric he'd been meaning to do. If he had the right leather to back it with, it had to be sturdy.  

Malikztiah Ankhwave

Dangerous Nerd

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm
At nearly six feet tall, Pazzult towered over many of the other candidates and some of the weyr folk as well. Not to say he was a big man, or teen, but rather he was a solid one. Listening with one ear, he was almost positive he recognized a face in the crowds.

Hearing his name, he perked up when he was assigned mending clothing for the aunties and uncles of the weyr. Not an exciting job to most but it gave him a chance to do something he knew well. Maybe, once he met with the person in charge, he would only have to mend so many shirts or pants before he could be released for midday meal and then hopefully get assigned outside near the dragons. He had only been near one but one had been enough to change his life.

Grabbing a hunk of bread and soft cheese, Pazzult knew that his stomach would rumble later on before he was released and having a simple snack would keep him on task. He got up and began moving towards the exit, wondering who he would be working with today, when this time he was positive there was someone he knew here. If not by name, then by face. After all, how many came from the West to study at the Weaver Hall?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 am
Oh dear, she needed to go and be social! It was expected of her to be wanting to go and talk to others, what with Tiepet now having been a candidate of over two turns. According to common sense she should have known a lot more of her fellow candidates then she did (read: she knew none, that was okay)! The timid shepherd decided that perhaps today was be the best day to try and talk to someone, the weavers (or so she'd been told her by her cousin that they were weavers, yay for pointing from a distance) were out and as far as Tiepet knew weavers were friendly. They had to somewhat be since they worked with people all the time, right?

Of course it happened that the moment Tiepet started to move forward and open her mouth to say anything both of the weavercraft boys she had been looking at moved as well as if to leave. Her heart caught in her throat and she quickly backpedaled on her heels, nearly knocking into someone. She was indoors today and therefore had to wear shoes, her legs not used to the added weight just yet. Thankfully she didn't impact with anyone but a wall, but the sound she made as her face connected was loud and funny.

"Gerk!"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

-TS- Alex

Crumbly Snacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 am
Rhilira glumly made her way to breakfast, running a bit late, having trouble pulling herself from her bed this morning. She hadn't slept well that night, and knew that it was going to be a long day. Her bad mood was cured, though, as she entered the main hall and realized that there were new candidates here. It had been less than a turn since she arrived, so she was certainly not a well-known face among the weyrbrats, but she was glad to not be the new kid anymore.

Still, she sat down at the Candidates table not really near anyone, and took some bread and poured herself some klah. Food first. The klah would help wake her nerves and her mind, then she could go about making acquaintances. It never hurt to meet the new-comers, and she didn't really have an intention of being completely anti-social. She knew what it was like to arrive here. But she wanted to eat before dealing with all of that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:53 pm
Pazzult looked behind him and saw a smaller girl seemed to promptly walk into a wall. Or rather, maybe tripped backwards and then hit the wall? Either way, it did not look pleasant and he sighed. If it was his sister and a stranger was in his place, he hoped that the stranger would do what he was about to do. Walking over to the girl, he peeled-tugged at her and tried to make sure she was standing upright.

Poking her here and there to make sure nothing looked broken, he looked down at her. "Are you okay?"

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Mini Chaos Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:25 pm
Sevina sighed as she walked sedatly to a seat. She pulled some redfruit and bread twards her. She avoided Klah this morning as it seemed to make her jittery lately. At least she would blame her snappy comments on that. She avoided eye contact as she focused on her meal. She had had double kitchen duities last night again, for trying to convince another candidate to do one of her chores. She had wanted to get a tune written down so much she got too loud when negotiating with the boy. She had been caught, and punished. And to make matters worse, the tune vanished from her mind too. Sevina rested her head on one hand as she nibbled the food. Her long hair drifted out of the half hazard braid she had done today, and she tugged at the stray hairs absant mindedly. She wondered when she would be able to have a day off. Didnt this Weyr have gatherdays? It was strange here. In two Sevenday she still wasnt overly comfertable.

Suddenly she seemed to perk up. But her feline friend would arrive soon. And he would need things. She wondered if she could use the last of her marks from the harper hall to get some old hide to make a bed and collar for him. She only had about half a mark left, out of the three she had saved for almost five years, but it might be enough. "Oh bother, where was the tanner located again?" She mumbled to herself softly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 pm
As Rhilira ate her breakfast, sucking the juice from her first bite of a fruit, her brown flit Prah appeared above her and settled down on her right shoulder, wrapping his tail possessively around her neck. He chirped quietly, resting his head on his forelegs, seeming to doze again. "Lazy, aren't we," she muttered.

What caught her attention from her solitary breakfast was a girl tripping and hitting a wall, and then a boy going over to help her up. She had to work to stifle her laugh, and smothered it with a large bite of fruit that left juice running down her chin.

-TS- Alex

Crumbly Snacker

Malikztiah Ankhwave

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 am
Alright, that wasn't exactly something he'd seen everyday here. Walking into a wall? She must not be a fan of waking up then, a good mug of klah though should fix that, the Weyr's kitchens made the best, in Kita's own opinion, Boll's kitchens weren't half bad at it but the Weyr just had that special something about it.

Well, it seems that one of the Candidate boys was checking on the girl so she'd be fine. Satisfied at this knowledge, he continues on his way to be rid of the dishes, and see if he can't get himself a second mug of klah to take with him to the shop. Perhaps the drink would help wake up his inspiration. He could only hope. And hopefully not spill any on the fabrics, of course. That wouldn't do.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:55 pm
Naree
Pazzult looked behind him and saw a smaller girl seemed to promptly walk into a wall. Or rather, maybe tripped backwards and then hit the wall? Either way, it did not look pleasant and he sighed. If it was his sister and a stranger was in his place, he hoped that the stranger would do what he was about to do. Walking over to the girl, he peeled-tugged at her and tried to make sure she was standing upright.

Poking her here and there to make sure nothing looked broken, he looked down at her. "Are you okay?"
Tiepet quickly moved her hands to her face to feel it over, making sure that she wasn't bleeding from her mouth or nose. She'd smacked into the wall hard enough that she thought she might be but fortunately all she had was tender spots here and there, leading her to sigh. She would have been content to stay where she was were it not for someone moving her around, and with wide eyes she looked at one of the weavercrafters that she had been trying to speak with. Was he...showing concern? Dear Faranth, did that mean he'd seen her hit the wall!? Way to go Tiepet, now you need to respond!

"F-furg-fine. I'm fine, I'm sorry. Sorry, I'm fine."

She was pretty much just spewing out words now, her eyes darting back and forth. Tiepet was pretty much a nervous wreck when it came to talking to anyone, but there was just something about boys that made her almost crumble too. Well, boys that weren't the boys she grew up with, or her cousins anyway.

"I'm sorry."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:29 pm
Pazzult noticed that the boy he wanted to catch up with was moving on. He supposed they would have to catch up later because he was positive he knew that face. Either way, the little girl before him was sputtering and apologizing. Confused, he kinda brushed her off. "Eh, why are you apologizing to me? You ran into the wall. I am sure you could apologize to it but I doubt it would respond."

He chuckled at the joke he made or thought he made. He wasn't sure if the kid would find it funny or not. "Relax. I don't think they will get mad at you for trying to break a wall down. Now if you succeeded, that might be another story. What' your name or should I just call you Girlie when I take you over to Healer Hall?"

He sighed inwardly. Maybe he could get out of morning duty and then sneak down to the mending area later to check out the other boy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:08 pm
The girl actually was about to turn and apologize to the wall as well, figuring if someone suggested it that it probably couldn't hurt to do so, but his chuckle stopped her and she frowned a bit before moving into a shaky smile. Laughing was good, and he didn't seem to be laughing at her anyway.

"No name, uhm, my name - Tie. My name is Tiepet and I will be okay. Fine, I really should be, sorry for bothering you like that then."

She drummed her fingers against her thighs like she were counting out a rhythm. Her eyes darted to the side for a moment before moving back to Pazzult's face and she opened her mouth to speak again.

"I've had worse - walking into things. I have been kicked in the face by a herdbeast once, a very small one. I shouldn't have pulled his tail probably, I did apologize to him. Like I am to you, sorry for bothering you."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:35 pm
"Well, Tiepet. My name is Pazzult. And you are no bother. And if you can hold up to getting kicked in the face, then you must be made of stronger stuff than you look." Pazzult guided her back to the tables and waved a drudge over. Grabbing a pitcher of water, he poured a cup and held it out to her.

"Here, drink and make sure your brains aren't shook. Either way, maybe I can walk you to your morning duties so you don't go fainting or anything. I was heading down to the Weaver's storerooms as for once I get to do what I like most. What about you?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:04 am
Tiepet waved her hand quickly at the offer of water, not wanting to dally around any longer. She had things to do, that was okay for her to act rude and leave them right? Right? Plus, this person would want to talk to others, right? Right?!

"No...no...I need to get going!"

That was pretty much it, she didn't think to say anything else, and the little girl turned on her heels and darted out towards the hallways that would lead her up to where the herdbeasts were. Freedom!

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Malvren Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces