Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Art (Get your Artistic a** in here)
The Official FG-4-PG Art Tutorial Thread: Now Open!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People counter

View Results

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:12 am
User Image

What is this?
Well, I think it's pretty self explanatory, but just in case it isn't, here you are... This was created for all artistic folks to post tips on how to make incredible art. It can be links, full tutorials, quick tips, critiques, suggestions or anything that is helpful to a novice or professional. You can never know it all. wink

But I am not very good... gonk
No problem! That's why this was created! You don't have to teach at all if you're not comfortable. Still want to contribute? Maybe you know a link that you found in your internet travels that you would like to share here. Maybe you know this guy, that knows this guy, that knows this guy who gave a cool quick tip that you think would benefit others. Anything goes as long as it is artistic. 3nodding

How are you going to keep track of everything and make sure it's right at our fingertips? I'm too lazy to search through every single post. gonk
That's cool too. Lots of artists are lazy. I know I am. We like to spend more time creating than searching. For that matter, who isn't lazy that way? eek What I propose to do is read this every day. I'll go through the posts for you and paste the links I find in their appropriate places. What? You wrote a huge rant? Cool! I'll just paste the page number for the thread (and brief description) so you can all find it easier.

Does it get any easier than that? Ummm... I don't think so, but hey...Make a suggestion! xd Most of all, have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:13 am
User Image

How to Draw Manga
How to Draw Anime Style Art
BakaNeko
Drawing Tips for Beginners
Various Tutorials
Drawing a Cartoon Cat
Study Guide for Budding Artists
Drawing in Perspective
Proportioning the Human Body
How to Draw Hands
How to Draw Hands and Feet
Basic Hands
Free Instructional Sites
Other items
Lineart with Mouse Tutorial  

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:14 am
User Image

Neon Dragonart She rocks! xd
The Computer Graphics Society
Epilogue
The Complete Guide to Pixel Art
GraphicsGale - Free Pixel Program!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:15 am
User Image

Ok...I'm going to show you how to do this personally. This is what I do for a living...well...the bulk of what I do. I will add the link to the wire armature that I use to make my mini sculptures. Resize this picture to 50%.
*Note: I'll come back to this later. I want to get things up and running first for everyone so they aren't staring at blank pages while they wait for this. wink *

Wire Armature Pattern

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:16 am
User Image

I really love these dolls. If nothing else, check them out for their art value. blaugh
How to Make Noahs Doll
Dreams in Plastic
Eyedia Artists Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:17 am
User Image

Shiver 7 Making Vector Art using Flash 5
Vector Kids
Angie's Art Tutorials
Art World Illustrator Tutorials
Photoshop Lover
Illustrator 10 Tutorials
Vector Factory
Vector Kitty  

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 am
User Image

Web Reference
Web Monkey
Pinoy 7
PSP Tutorial Links
Flash Animation Tutorials
Animation Tutorials using Photoshop, etc.
Cartoon Smart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 am
User Image

Mystical Muse  

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:19 am
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:39 am
User Image

Please sign your name to your work (where possible) so we can show off your samples here... Links only to your work will go here to prevent page stretching. Thanks!
Frankenbling
Mini sculpture made by Wendy (aka IMWanderling/Mystical Muse in Oct. 2005) Frank is only 3" tall! He's from a series I created called Halloween N da Hood.

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:22 am
User Image

Chya! Books! Don't worry... These are art books... with lots of pretty pictures!!!! blaugh

Jack Hamm's "Drawing the Head and Figure"
Jessica "Neon Dragon" Peffer's "Dragonart: How to Draw Fantastic Dragons and Fantasy Creatures"
Martin McKenna's "Digital Fantasy Painting Workshop"
Don Seegmiller's "Digital Character Design and Painting: The Photoshop CS Edition"
Barrington Barber's "The Complete Book of Drawing: Essential skills for every artist."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:47 am
Ok, whatever you'd like to add, we can start doing it now. 3nodding I left some reserved spots in case there are some tutorials you'd like to see but aren't listed. Any and all suggestions welcome. This is for all guild members. 3nodding

Let the games begin! heart heart 3nodding

Oh...if you want to have your name as a contributing artist or student, please let me know and I'll add your name. Thanks!
blaugh  

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:22 pm
Ok...No one wants to post??? eek Why aren't you posting? scream I'm sorry...I didn't mean that... ninja Please post! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:28 pm
pirate I just posted a tutorial in the old thread.

Edit: Hmm, I'll have to find more tutorials but I did find a line-art one.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/23961957/ ~ Lineart With Mouse Tutorial  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:51 pm
eek Heh Heh... Cool! You're first poster! I added your link. Thanks! 3nodding  
Art (Get your Artistic a** in here)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers