Tiny Thing Watcher [Log] -fin- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:21 am
Gienah trotted through the tall grasses of her newfound homeland as briskly as her stubbly legs would carry her, anxious to reach the rock markings on the border before her father noticed her missing. As had become her custom, she had slipped away while he fussed over her siblings, intent on carrying on with her explorations without the overly protective interference of the others in the Coalition. It was becoming harder lately to do so without detection, but that only improved her skill at stealth.

Soon she had reached the edge of the territory, and she rested for a moment to catch her breath. Safe. Outside the boundary was unpatrolled land, where she could examine all the fascinations of nature to her satisfaction. Pretty soon a small insect caught her attention, and she set about trying to sneak up on it so she could get a close look at its wings.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:22 am
Travelling lightly the male lion waited for the wind to blow once more, towards the direction of what he believed to be another’s territory. Why did it always take him so close to possible danger? He eyed the sky for a second before following after it. Nothing good would come out of him ignoring it, after all, it seemed to pull him in the direction of a creature that either needed him, or that he needed to meet. Every pull bringing him closer to realizing his true self.

Paws rushed forward with his eyes half closed, he knew where to go just by the scent in the air. It told him where to move and when to stop. Closing his eyelids for a brief second he pictured his family and felt the sting of tears before pushing them away from him. Something was here that he needed to see.

Opening his bright teal eyes the lion looked across the lands, noticing a little hyena very close by. Was that who the wind wanted him to meet? Chewing at his cheek he decided to slow himself down. He did not wish to scare the poor thing after all.

“Hello?” His voice was soft as he called out to her, confused as to why there was only a child wandering the lands.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 am
Creeping along behind the little insect that held her fascination, Gienah suddenly froze as she heard the voice. Oh no, she'd been discovered! Another scolding from papa was surely in store. She tried to hold very still, hoping that whoever it was might mistake her for a rock or stump. But the curiosity to see who it was led her to try and peek out from the corner of her eye, until trying to do both at once confused her senses and made her eyes hurt.

She shook her head and looked towards the newcomer with a penitent pout, hoping it might stall off any lectures. But the shape of the person kept going up, and up, and up, until she was staring at a massive maned head peering down at her.

The utter shock of meeting someone so strange left her awestruck, and she felt her ever inquisitive feet carrying her forward to get a better look. He was just so huge to her that she couldn't take him all in at once, so she focused on his feet, and scurried in for a better look, sniffing at a paw bigger than her head. Such a large creature must weigh as much as the largest tree, she pondered. "Do you sink into the ground when you walk?" she asked without thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 am
As she froze Tandu held in a chuckle, so she wasn’t really supposed to be there at all was she. He could tell by the way she moved, like a child caught with its mouth in the zebra’s gut. Almost happy he was there at the moment, the lion watched her shake her head and turn around.

He knew almost immediately that the little hyena pup had not been in any contact with a lion before as she stared up, up, and up at him, unsure as to what she was looking at. It make him smile however, watching her curiously rush up to him and eye him up and down before deciding to investigate his foot.

What was she thinking, he thought, eyeing the little one up with a soft gaze. It had reminded him of his first time meeting a wild dog that was for sure. The sheer shock of seeing a creature without a mane for the first time baffling him.

A laugh suddenly sounded as she questioned him. He normally didn’t, though that wouldn’t be all that much fun to say. “Sometimes, depends on the rain.” Winking at her he hoped she would understand what he meant, though explaining what he meant wasn’t such a bad thing for him either. Mud certainly did allow his body to sink into the ground some after all.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 am
Gienah mused over this new revelation as she tested one of his toes with her tongue, in her fixation on studying things with all five senses. Yes, his words made sense. She certainly felt heavier when soaked in rain. His fur was much thicker, and must soak in an immense amount of water, enough to tip his weight into the range where he'd be heavier than the ground. Or so her young brain reasoned.

Remembering her bedtime stories, she backed up and tried to make herself look well behaved, and peered up at the great lion. "Where do you come from, big God creature?!" she hollered. Again this was a product of her tangential thinking skills. I have difficulty hearing small creatures sometimes, she thought, so he probably would have trouble hearing me. "And what are you doing heeeeere?!" She gestured with great exaggeration at her surroundings to make sure she was understood.

"-And do you eat puuuups?!" she tacked on quickly, when it occurred to her that he might. He certainly looked like a meat eater. No hooves or anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am
Wiggling the toe that the pup decided to lick Tandu looked down at her. She seemed to be musing over the idea in her head. Adorable it was. In his travels he had always really enjoyed the younger creatures. Their curiosity being absolutely amusing and reminding him on his own journey as a child. Mind filled with strange ideas about the world.

Confusion struck as the lion watched the little pup move away from him to stare up. She seemed to want to make herself look prim and proper as she wiggled her shoulders into position. Then, then the shouting started. Ears quickly flattened to the back of his head as he winced. She was cute, but good lord was she shrill, and what was this business about God creature? A chuckle slowly started and then, a full out laugh. Had she really gotten the idea that he was one of the Gods? Bright white teeth flashed as his gut giggled with laughter. How adorable, how very adorable!

“My child,” His teal eyes stared at into hers as she questioned him twice more. Once about why he was here and again to ask if he ate pups. Of course he didn’t eat pups, and though the idea crossed his mind to tease her he decided against it. It was dark already, and to top it off there was absolutely no one around her.

“I do not eat pups and I just decided to walk this way. I should ask the same of you. Where is your family? This place can be dangerous even for a pup like you.”

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:45 am
Gienah's eyes widened at the display of laughing teeth, and it was only her father's lessons on manners that kept her from dashing off for safety instinctively. It wouldn't do to offend a God, and besides, she wanted to learn more about him. So it was a relief when he denied pup-eating tendencies.

But of course, he immediately launched into the same topics she heard from other adults in the pack. It's too dangerous, and so on. She sighed and dutifully nodded her head, though she didn't agree. The concept of danger was still one she was a little vague on. She had little experience with hazards in her short life, partially from overparenting and partially from luck. And the way adults explained it never made sense. Papa said thunderstorms were dangerous, but they were also pretty, and they brought out all sorts of creeping critters to enjoy.

"My fam'ly's in the 'Ko-aaah-lih-shun,'" she explained, stumbling over the word that had only recently been added to her vocabulary. "Except for Mama. It's over that way." She nodded at the nearby boundary stone.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 am
He narrowed his eyes some before lowering himself to stare directly into her face. “My dear, what happened if you were alone out here and I did eat pups? How would your family feel with them knowing they couldn’t protect you?” His smile was light and his eyes sincere. He didn’t want the poor thing to be trapped by some evil that seemed to lurk where ever he went. “No one wants a child like you to be hurt. “

He only had a little trouble understanding what she had said. Collation. Though the thought of her mother not being part of her life struck a chord on his heart, to not live with a mothers touch, it must be awful. “Ah. “

He moved his paw towards her, allowing the soft pad to be shown for her to look at. He felt the need to teach and help the child. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Teal eyes twinkled at her, his features soft so to not scare her. He wouldn’t to learn more about his little friend, and hopefully help her with whatever she needed. Whatever the wind wanted him to help her with.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 am
Despite his admonishment for her being out alone, as he lowered his head to her, Gienah felt a great surge of fondness for the lion. He was being awfully nice to her. And not eating her and everything! The brightness of eyes fascinated her, and she crept closer and put her paws on his muzzle to hoist herself up to peer into them. "How'd you get the sky to go in there?" she wondered. "Is it a God thing?" She'd heard Gods could do things like that. Cause floods and fly and stuff. This God probably couldn't fly, though. He didn't have any feathers.

His questions baffled her, both in concept and semantics. "Grow up?" For a moment she imagined herself sprouting roots and leaves like a plant growing. But the part about being something helped her understand. "I'll be a hyena," she explained helpfully. "And I'll be brown like my papa and orange and white like my mama." Her tiny brow furled. "At least, I think so." She wasn't sure if hyenas stayed the same color as adults.

Talking about mama was getting to her. Papa had suffered through weeks of her siblings crying before he had told them they'd have to move on and accept that she didn't come with them to the Tearmann lands. No one spoke about her anymore, so telling this God about it was a secret disobedience that was making her feel hollow in her chest.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 am
A large grin lightly spread over his face as she questioned his eye colored. What story would he give her to explain how his eye color was gifted to him? Watching her lightly he began to think before an idea suddenly popped into his head. A story he would give her, one that his mother gave him. Hopefully she would enjoy it, though he somehow knew she would. “I was gifted with color as you were gifted yours. You see the Goddess of color gave you your eyes, your pelt, and even your paws colors. She carefully took into consideration what your mother and father look liked and painted the colors and patterns onto you. She is very kind after all. Wanting to make sure you look just right!” Pausing for a moment he smiled softly at her, waiting for her to question him or ask him to go on. She seemed like the type to question things after all.

Watching her question growing up he smirked. So she didn’t even know about growing up. How adorable. Though as she continued he couldn’t help but laugh lightly. “Of course you will be a Hyena, and you will stay the same color. I mean, do you want to be a hunter… or perhaps an explorer?” She seemed like the type that wanted to explore, why else would she be all the way out there.

Though the more he watched the worse her expression seemed to become. Something was troubling the poor child. Perhaps it was her mother? Nudging the little one with his nose he smiled lightly. “Is something troubling you child?” Was this why he was here, to help her sort through her head? Help her feel better after her mother disappeared? Oh how his heart ached at the thought.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:52 am
Pleased with his story, Gienah grinned puppishly. "Ohhhhh," she crooned. Yes, that made perfect sense. All her brothers and sisters were brown and white and orange too, after all. The poor Goddess must be awfully busy, with all the animals in the big world. But then the idea struck her of the Goddess being distracted one day, and forgetting to paint some poor creature. What would happen to them? What color would they be? Would they be invisible? Were there invisible creatures, walking around unpainted, only nobody knew because they couldn't see them? She pouted mentally. Knowing things only raised more questions. There must be a lot of things to know in life. She didn't know if she'd have enough days for them all.

She mulled over this new concept that she could be more than just a hyena. Yes, some members of the Coalition hunted. She saw now, it was the difference between what they were and what they were doing. She tried to remember what she did all the time. "I think... I wanna be a tiny thing watcher. They're pretty, and the closer you get to them, the more things you see." She peered around, then leaned in to whisper conspiratively. "I think there might be tiny worlds inside of them."

At his last question, she hesitated. "Oh, well..." She was being naughty telling him, she knew that. But surely the God wouldn't tell anyone. He was such a nice God, too. She chewed on her jaw timidly. "...Mama didn't come with us to the Ko-aaah-lih-shun. Papa says we're not supposed to talk about it, we're supposed to move on. But I miss her sometimes."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 am
Watching her process all the information was a rather amusing thing indeed. Whatever she was thinking, it had to be amazing as her facial expressions were priceless. He wanted to question what she was thinking but stopped himself. If she had a question she would ask, no need to pry.

He raised a brow as she spoke of tiny creatures. Did she mean insects maybe? “A tiny thing watcher? Will you show me some tiny things some time, teach me about them? They sure do sound interesting. A fun job indeed it would be to watch the tiny things.” As she leaned in to whisper to him, he leaned down, lending her his ear. Turning face her again his face looked shocked. “Really?” he whispered, interested in the idea.

Then she hesitated, looking unsure as to what to say to him. He had been right though, something was bugging the poor child. One could see it in her eyes and her mannerisms. “I am sorry to hear about that my child.” He pulled her a little closer, letting his mane engulf her a little. “I myself lost my mother. She had to go and do something very big and important. You mother is more than likely doing the same thing. No need to be sad. One day, when you are older, you might even be able to go see her. Just keep your memory of her in your heart.” His eyes were distant and he spoke of her. He knew she wasn’t coming back, and was coming to realize that he more than likely would never meet up with her. Still how he wished to see her again.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 am
Watching her process all the information was a rather amusing thing indeed. Whatever she was thinking, it had to be amazing as her facial expressions were priceless. He wanted to question what she was thinking but stopped himself. If she had a question she would ask, no need to pry.

He raised a brow as she spoke of tiny creatures. Did she mean insects maybe? “A tiny thing watcher? Will you show me some tiny things some time, teach me about them? They sure do sound interesting. A fun job indeed it would be to watch the tiny things.” As she leaned in to whisper to him, he leaned down, lending her his ear. Turning face her again his face looked shocked. “Really?” he whispered, interested in the idea.

Then she hesitated, looking unsure as to what to say to him. He had been right though, something was bugging the poor child. One could see it in her eyes and her mannerisms. “I am sorry to hear about that my child.” He pulled her a little closer, letting his mane engulf her a little. “I myself lost my mother. She had to go and do something very big and important. You mother is more than likely doing the same thing. No need to be sad. One day, when you are older, you might even be able to go see her. Just keep your memory of her in your heart.” His eyes were distant and he spoke of her. He knew she wasn’t coming back, and was coming to realize that he more than likely would never meet up with her. Still how he wished to see her again.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 am
So that is what she meant by tiny things. She was interested in the very detail of an object, wanting to know more and more about it. How that amazed him. Never before had be met a child interested in something so small and detailed in his life. The father had better have been proud of this daughter of his. She was going to be brilliant. “Yes I can. I do believe I know what you mean as well. The small details that can be seen on everything, such my fur, on your nose, a birds tongue or that little rock there.” A grin broke out as he looked at the pebble. He would have to bring this little pup something exceptionally interesting to look at.

He could feel his eyes well with water as she spoke. Such a sweet creature she was, helping him cheer up even though he was supposed to be helping her. “My mother was a storyteller, she used to wander like me but before that, she lived by the sea. She was loving and enjoyed her family…” He looked down at the pup. “She was very bright, like my teal markings on my brown, with little brown markings. Her eyes however... they were white. Like clouds. She was beautiful.” Watching her for a moment he decided to ask about her mother. “What about yours? Sometimes it helps… talking about it.” He snuggled into her lightly, enjoying the company she gave.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:58 am
Pondering his mother, Gienah tried to chase away the thoughts that kept popping up about birds' tongues. She hadn't even known that birds had tongues. The idea of a bird licking her nearly had her giggling, but no, there were more somber matters to concentrate on. But she filed that thought away for later, and reminded her to make sure to investigate a bird some time in the future
"Like clouds..." she repeated, trying to imagine it. "So, her eyes were painted as a cloudy day, and your day was clear!" She wondered if her own eyes had been painted like anything. But she hadn't seen them, and it hadn't occurred to her to ask anyone what they looked like. "My mama, she was all white too, like a cloud. And she had an orange tail, like a... um..." She tried hard to think of anything in nature that was orange. "...like a really angry sunset! Her eyes were orange too. I guess the Painting Goddess did her colors really late in the day."

She felt much better at the God's assurances. "Maybe I will see her someday. And I'll tell her all about how I met a God! And bugs. I like bugs. And, and maybe your mama will meet my mama, and I'll meet yours, and you mine, and, and... and we can look at tiny things together!" She wiggled in excitement.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff