Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mock Turtle's Rock (RPG)
Welcome to Madness OOC Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

>___>
  Curiouser and Curiouser
  We're All Mad Here
  Off With Her Head
  Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat
View Results

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm
"What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?"

Welcome to the OOC thread for the roleplay "Welcome to Madness." This thread is for posting your character profiles, presenting questions or comments about the RP itself or any aspects thereof, and, of course, reading the rules. Which I may as well lay out right now.

R U L E S

No spamming, flaming, or trolling in either this thread or the RP.
Within the RP, all OOC discussion must be enclosed by (( )), [[ ]], or {{ }}. In the OOC thread (you are here) you may speak out of character without use of brackets or parentheses.
Please write in past tense, third person-- full sentences!!! Meaning we want this: "He shook his head and whispered, 'I can't.' His voice shook with pain." Not: "*shakes head* I can't."
Please, please, please be literate! N0n3 0f th!5!!!!
No god-modding or power playing. Nobody likes a cheater.
You must post your character's profile here, and I will add it to the Character Profiles post in the main RP thread. Please don't post your profiles in the main thread!
I reserve the right to add or change rules at any time.

Okay. Now that's out of the way.... Feel free to post your characters here, and I'll present more information once I get some responders.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 pm
"Sentence first -- verdict afterwards."

Q & A

Q: Can I post more than one character profile?
A: Certainly. However, I'd prefer no more than two, especially if they are characters from the original books.

Q: Can I play a character from Wonderland/the Looking Glass world?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to play any character from the books, other than Alice and the Queen of Hearts. Original characters are loved too!

Q: Does my character have to be human/humanoid?
A: Nope. Remember, this is all taking place inside Alice's mind, so there might be people who can't talk and animals who never stop talking.... (Almost) anything is possible.

Q: Who is Alice's doctor?
A: The doctor (whose notes will appear periodically throughout the course of the RP) is not based on anyone specific in history; nor does he have a name in this RP, or a character beyond what he writes of himself in the notes. He is the only one other than Alice (and the occasionally mentioned medical staff) who makes a contribution to the real life aspect of the storyline, and this contribution is typically small and not altogether necessary.

Q: What happens if a character gets killed off?
A: If someone's character gets killed off (which would require the consent of everyone involved in that particular course of action) then that personality disappears from Alice's available alternate identities... for example, if the Queen gets what she wants and manages to kill everybody in Alice's world, then she will completely take over Alice's body and turn her into a mass-murdering maniac.

Q: Can I pull my character out from the storyline?
A: Of course-- there's no obligation to keep going, but keep in mind that once a personality (i.e. your character) is out of the picture, it's out for good. And, of course, the other RPers would appreciate it if, should you choose to drop out, you'd write one last post for the RP giving your character an excuse to disappear. (This, unfortunately, would most likely be death-- but you can make it beautiful!)

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:12 pm
Okay I've got quite far with my profile, but I'm stuck on appearance, because I'm really unsure whether to make the caterpillar more humanoid or not...I'd like to know what other people are doing with animal-like characters first.

Any suggestions anyone? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:15 am
An update...

Hmmm, I'm in the middle of actually drawing a character design. (On MS Paint...nooooo! Don't worry I'll try make it look pretty in photoshop). I've decided to go for a humanoid-ish design... a bit like my avi but male... that makes sense, yes? XD

It won't be great, I'm not awesome at drawing completely on the computer (oh why won't my scanner work on this computer?), but it will at least give you an idea.

Of course you'll have to settle for a description if I decide I don't want to upload it. <_< >_>

Have no idea when it'll be finished though.  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:01 pm
That's quite all right. If you'd like, you can finish your profile with a description or without, and just say that a picture is coming. Once you get it uploaded I can edit the Character Profiles post accordingly... ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 am
Username: Azure Caterpillar
Character Name: Caterpillar
Appearance: Caterpillar
Bio: Caterpillar is rather mysterious, not much is known about him. He is an advisor, some even say a oracle, but actually getting him to give you such advice can be quite difficult. Even the transformation of the landscape doesn't seem to worry him much, but then, who knows what he's thinking.
Personality: He is usually quite calm, but rather strict. He likes to talk in short sentences and ask difficult questions. He is also a lover of poetry, and of course smoking his hookah. Just don't mention his height.
Anything Else? It is somewhat debated that he can read minds, but if this were true, why would he have to ask questions? Then again maybe he just likes asking questions...

That's what I've got so far, tell me if I need to add anything. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm
Sounds great to me!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm
Okay. ^_^ Now we just need more people. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 pm
Yep. ^-^ Although you're certainly more than welcome to start posting. Alice is getting out of that little fenced-in field sooner or later. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 am
Okay, just posted, yays. Hope I did it okay, wasn't too sure how to start but I'm always like that with RP's at first. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm
Of course! Fine, quite fine. I know what you mean, 'cause I'm like that too. Just one question-- may his mushroom patch be found in the area inside the fence? 'Cause then Alice can start talking to him...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 pm
Yep, that's fine. XD Would make things easier. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:03 pm
Most excellent! I am so on this....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:17 pm
Okay. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

De-Throned Queen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 am
User Image
Oh me oh my! New roleplay indeed! whee This little Hatter would not mind being the newest Hatter. wink  
The Mock Turtle's Rock (RPG)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff