tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 am
User Image

Pain. It was something that the mare felt with every step of her weary mind. It was not the pain that one would associate with injury but that of another kind just as debilitating. Heartache - pain of the heart. Call it what you would and Echo's Song could tell you all about it. The dark-coat of the mare sparkled briefly in the sudden flash of luminescence as the wind and rain buffeted her form. The answering crash of thunder did nothing to deter the mare from her wandering course.

She was alone. Her son had finally gained enough knowledge to seek out a life of his own and her daughter - well Echo didn't want to think about that. Delphina had left with her father, Tyzaeph. Perhaps it was the shock of the sudden separation but Echo grieved for the daughter she barely got to know. And now she was gone from her life.

Finally ceasing her forward motion Echo glanced about her surroundings before her body sank to the ground to wait out the storm. Her eyes closed as she let her consciousness sink into darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:49 pm
User Image The dark stallion shook out his wild mane, the feathers fluttering and falling back down. A part of him, the part that his father had suppressed, worried for his sister and his niece. He was sure that his sister was dead by now; Duskai had always been a little too quiet for his liking. And Kaidus... well, nothing could be said for her. She hated him, and he knew that part of his mind his father had suppressed, she was very valid in her hatred.

That part, however, was not ruling Dradneos this stormy night. He was out looking for a pretty little girl to woo, a wench persay. The dark stallion almost blended in with the darkness, except for the white marks covering him. He stepped lively, but not gingerly; there was almost a predatory aspect to his movements.

He smelled the mare before he properly saw her. She was on the ground, probably to wait out the storm, with almost ivory white hair. White hair... like Duskai... like his mother. His father's voice came into his ears, saying that white manes were not a good things, but he ignored them. This mare reminded him of his sister.

She would do nicely.

Dradneos stood over the mare some what, to block some of the rain. "Lost, are we, Little Mouse?" he said smoothly, his grey eyes sparking in the lightning.

a-disgruntled-dragon

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 am
At first Echo was not sure what had disrupted her slumber. Maybe the storm was abating and she would be free to go on her way once again. Although where she would go was another question. As the mare thought this over she noted that the storm still raged on. How was it then that she seemed to be experiencing a bit of calmness?

It was then that the voice sounded from behind her and Echo's Song rose to all four hooves in a flurry. Her heart raced as she turned to face the speaker. A dark-coated stallion stood there and Echo shook her mane to flip some of the wet hair away from her line of vision. Who was this stallion and where had he come from?

"Little Mouse? Lost?"

Oh yes. Such eloquence. One couldn't fault Echo though. Sleep still had a tenuous grip on her mind. Her heartbeat continued to race at a slightly elevated beat as the mare watched the strange stallion. There was nothing familiar in his appearance and so she could not help but wonder why she had been singled out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:12 pm
Ah fear.

It was one of those little changes in scent and change and stance that turned Dradneos into a more predatory stallion. There were two possibilities for what could happen: 1. the mare could run and Dradneos would have the thrill of the hunt, or 2. she could freeze in place, like she was, and he could get to her much easier.

He hoped for the second possilibility. It was raining and he really didn't want to have to get her all muddy running.

The stallion chuckled softly and slowly started to circle her. "Yes, Little Mouse. I wouldn't think one such as you would be sleeping in the rain... You might get cornered by a Kalona, or one of those vicious pelted horses, or someone like us, but just as nasty," he said, his voice loud enough for her to hear, but with a touch of something else and smooth. He chuckled to himself; he most definately was not the one she was going to want to meet in a dark forest again. He wouldn't hurt her, just play with his 'Little Mouse' a bit.

The mare was a fine specimen, by his eye. Not a lot of markings to get in the way of his own, and just enough variation in the coat for some rather interesting young, so long as they looked like him, of course.

He smiled at her. Get the wench comfortable with you then claim her. They usually didn't like it if it went the other way. He paused, grey eyes sparking, and inclinding his head in greeting.

"I apologize, I was terribly rude. I haven't even introduced myself yet. I am Dradneos," he said with true eloquency, but no real respect behind it. This mare was going to be his for a long as she would produce good heirs for him. After that... He believed the two legger frase was "S.O.L."?

a-disgruntled-dragon

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 am
Fully awake now, Echo's Song side-stepped nervously. The stallion had started circling her slowly like a wolf would circle a lost and doomed sheep. The urge to bolt and get the hell out of dodge was strong. Though spooked by this turn in fate Echo remained rooted in place. The stallion's voice filled the air and the mare mentally agreed that it hadn't been a smart move on her behalf to bed down where she had. Her only defense was that she believed no one else would be traveling in such conditions. Obviously she was wrong.

However fixated Echo was on his words she still continued to watch his movements. Inwardly the name he kept using to address her chafed. She was not a 'little mouse' nor would she ever be. His next action caught Echo off guard. All of a sudden the intensity of the moment seemed to dissipate as did the menacing aura of the stallion. Echo listened as Dradneos introduced himself and she inclined her head to the side in response.

"Greetings to you Dradneos. I thank you for your concern about my safety. I believe I must have been more tired than I though to not realize the possible outcome of my earlier decision."

The storm continued to rage around them as Echo briefly considered saying anything else. The silence grew before she cleared her mind and spoke again. Her voice barely rose above the storm but it would be loud enough for Dradneos.

"Since you gave me your name I guess it's only fair that you learn mine. I am Echo's Song."

Not 'little mouse,' she thought silently. With her name given Echo shook some of the moisture from her mane before considering what to do next. There was still an undercurrent of fear lacing her system that told her to just flee the area. No matter of thinking eased the sensation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:39 pm
Oh? So the little mare had a name did she? Well that was quite fine, but 'Little Mouse' she'd stay. He smiled at her, genuine and false all at the same time. He chuckled, and his teeth flashed white in the lightning.

"I am not quite sure you should be so thankful I am concerned, Little Mouse. After all... you are alone," he said to her. He still could smell her fear and stepped closer to her. He was taller than the mare. Even better.

Dradneos was enjoying himself. One, he wasn't having to run after her. Two, she obviously had never been around a stallion like him. Three, he was just having a right old time toying with her.

It was his entertainment for the evening after all.

a-disgruntled-dragon

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 pm
[[Oh oops. xD double posted. ]]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 pm

To say that Echo's heart was starting to race all over again was an understatement. Dradneos's smile just didn't sit right with her and maybe something in the way he moved suggested that there was more danger present than she'd realized earlier. Her hooves pawed restlessly against the ground as she watched with him with wary eyes.

As the dark stallion spoke and called her "Little Mouse" again Echo's survival instinct came to life. Naive as she was the realization that she was alone and vulnerable went ripping through her mind with a vengeance. This wasn't how normal stallions treated mares - was it? The step that Dradneos took to move closer to her translated in her taking two steps back. The sky lit up with a brilliant flash of lightning as she moved backwards. Fear definitely dictated her movements now. She had turned into prey. The thunder that followed reverberated in the ground and through her hooves as she swung her body around - away from Dradneos. She did not run though. Indecision wracked her mind. Would it be smarter to run or not?

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:07 pm
[[FINALLY I REPLY. Sorry tefla ;; ]]

The stallion grinned again and stepped towards the mare. He could smell she was going to bolt momentarily. He sighed softly; he really didn't want to have to chase her.

"Now now Little Mouse... You don't want to be running off in this weather, now do you? I don't think that wouldn't be wise," he said, grey eyes sparkling in the lightning. His white markings seemed to glow in the lightning and gave off an eerie atmosphere.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm
[[ It's alright ]]

Echo's Song froze as Dradneos's voice drifted over her. The aura that exuded from the stallion had turned threatening once again and even though her hooves longed to carry her away to some relative form of safety - she could not move. What was going on? Was it the thinly veiled threat in his words that kept her rooted in place?

Nickering softly in alarm Echo took in Dradneos's slow approach. What did he want from her? As the stallion neared Echo broke the mental paralysis that seemed to hold her immobile. The mare reared once and flailed out with her front hooves. Maybe if she was lucky she would strike him.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm
Ah, so she was going to try to hit him with her hooves. Well good luck with that hunny. He stepped back to miss her hooves and just smiled at her.

"Little Mouse, now its not a good idea to do that. You could hurt someone," he said from next to her. In the instant she had reared, the sky had darkened and he slipped up next to her. Her scent was strong now, full of fear and panic. He nipped at her mane lightly, as if tasting her fear in her hair.

He let out a low nicker to himself, almost like a chuckle. She would do very nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 am
She had missed. Disbelief flashed through her mind before realization set in. Perhaps it was to be expected. The mare had never had to fight off anything so far in her life. Before Ty had left her she'd seen him as her protector. This was the first time that the mare had felt threatened over anything and had to rely on herself to fight of the threat. However, Dradneos merely stepped out of the range of her hooves and the mare felt gravity pull her back down.

As she returned to the ground Echo became aware of just how close Dradneos had managed to get to her. The feeling of the stallion's teeth nipping at her mane startled her and the sensation was unpleasant. An icy shiver traversed Echo's body as she lowered her gaze to stare at the ground in front of her. Right now she was outmatched. Her voice wavered slightly as she spoke.

"What do you want?"

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:30 am
What did he want? Oh what indeed. That stallion smiled down at her, sensing her giving in, his job done. He had, effectively, tamed the mare from running from him, and she was giving in. While not the most exciting way to go about the process, it was indeed the safest.

In a completely sincere voice, with no freaky stalker tones or anything, he said, "You are a fine specimen of a mare, Little Mouse. Your pelt is not too over cluttered with markings, and your hair, while it is white, is not overly colorful. You have spunk as well, something I like in a mare." He looked down at her, and caught her eyes with his, the sincerity showing through them.

"The truth is, I want you to be the mother of my foals. I must have my markings live on, you see, for my father bedded my mother for the same reason. If you produce me good heirs, which I highly suspect you will for you are a fine mare, I will stay with you," he said to her. Dradneos may be a twisted, crazy stallion, but he meant what he said. Any threatening presence was gone for the stallion, leaving on a desire old as time, and a question in the air.

"I will be good to you, Little Mouse, even if I give off the impression I won't. That is just... how I am."

A warning hung in the air however, silently unspoken: "If you do not produce me good heirs, wench, I will leave you."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Echo's Song stood silently as Dradneos spoke. The rain still came pelting down on her body and while she could see what he was talking about right now she didn't present a pretty picture. Her mane was plastered along her neck with the weight of the moisture accumulated from the storm. Her eyes took in Drad's similar dampened mane before letting her gaze settle to stare into the stallion's eyes. What was there unsettled Echo. There was nothing but sincerity seen there.

The second part of Dradneos's speech left Echo with a strange feeling in her heart. With Tyzaeph there had been a whirlwind romance that left her with two children and a broken heart. Perhaps what Dradneos proposed would be an answer. There was still the threat that she could end up the same way with Dradneos. Something inside Echo stirred at the thought of having someone else she could rely on - at least for a little while. There was still uncertainty in her mind at the last words that came from the stallion about how appearances might be deceiving about how he'd treat her. That left a little bit of fear in Echo as she side-stepped away from Dradneos. She wasn't running - just giving herself a little bit of breathing room. The mare's mind was now torn. Obviously Dradneos represented danger ... but his words had brought something else into the mix. The feeling of being desired and wanted. Her words came from her heart.

"Thank you. I'm not sure if I like that last bit but I am flattered that you desire me enough to bear your children."

Echo's Song let the words die as she stared at the dark vista around her before stepping up to Dradneos's side. Lightning arced throughout the sky as the storm continued to rage around them. However it seemed as though a new storm was about to begin.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:55 pm
Success.

He nuzzled her chin. "Let's get out of the rain, Little Mouse. We don't want you to get sick now do we..." He guided her through the trees and found a small alcove to stay in. Silently, he sat down, motioning for her to join him.

"We will stay here until the rain clears," he said.

[[And El Fin]]

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff