Suggestions (READ) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InsanePoisson
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 am
Ok, well I'm redoing the guild over and those of you who pay an bit of attention to the guild should read this. I'm allowing any and all current members to put what they should think included in the guild here. You may discuss and think out ideas with one another here but try to stay on topic. The OOC is still open if you just want to chat but try not to in this thread. I'll keep you guys ported on anything i change....those of you that bother reading this that is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:12 pm
Aerokinesis - Control over the air
Atmokinesis - Control over weather (Rain, storms, lightning, ect.)
Biokinesis - Control over your body and living organisms (Deals with manipulation of it, quicker healing, changing the body structure, mutate plants, ect.)
Cryokinesis - Manipulation and creation of ice, the freezing of water at command
Electrokinesis - Control over electricity and electrical devices
Hydrokinesis - Control over water
Magnetokinesis - Conrol over magnetic fields
Photokinesis - Control over light
Telekinesis - Ability to move objects with the mind
Pyrokinesis - Control over fire
Terrakinesis - Control over earth
Thermokinesis - Control over heat
Umbrakinesis - Control over shadows.
Vitakinesis - Ability to heal yourself and others

Any suggested changes or additions people?  

InsanePoisson
Captain

Darkness Diablo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:54 am
"Raises hand" Can i suggest some new abilities?If you wish to add a few new ones <.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 am
Yes, go right ahead.  

InsanePoisson
Captain

Darkness Diablo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 am
Well I was thinking at a few abilities,like controlling someone's else thoughts,mind or even actions just like puppeteers.Necromancy can be an ability too,raising undead armies to deal for you. And what about creating Illusions and controlling spaces and time? I can think for more suggestions if you guys want
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:03 am
Those aren't bad ideas but I kinda want them to be based around psychic powers...not to mention I want them to be relatively equal in power to avoid overpowering some people. Lets face it being able to control others minds or space and time is a bit over powered. Now I wouldn't have an issue with controlling others if I put limitations on it.  

InsanePoisson
Captain

Darkness Diablo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:14 am
Well of course,but i was just suggesting and about the space and time,i was reffering at traveling or something like that maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 pm
What about being able to manipulate one's own body? o.o? Like, being able to make your adrenaline rush temporarily, or slowing your heart rate? Being able to decrease the time between your heart beats, or increase to control blood flow in different temperatures? Sorry if it's lame, just trying to think of possible mind related abilities.
I also think Diablo's idea with time manipulation is a good idea... Maybe being able to control certain things like that for however long at a time could directly relate to how much control you have over your own gas-given ability or abilities? Like, say, take the highest ranking leader in one group. They'd have to have close to the highest level of control over themselves, and with practice, they could train themselves to open up new possibilities? o.o?  

Vercheil

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

nicomon the archmage
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm
How's this for an idea: Omnikinesis. My idea for it is like Jean Gray's from X-men, but nowhere near as powerful, and taxing on your mental and physical health, such as making you tired much faster than using other types of abilities, and if you use it too much in a small amount of time you would start to feel sick, and start to go a little bit crazy. I added the side-effects as an attempt to even it out with the rest of the abilities. Also, going a bit with what Darkness Diablo said, how about an ability that lets you do things like slowing down other people's reactions, or speeding up your own?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:58 pm
Darkmistress19
What about being able to manipulate one's own body? o.o? Like, being able to make your adrenaline rush temporarily, or slowing your heart rate? Being able to decrease the time between your heart beats, or increase to control blood flow in different temperatures? Sorry if it's lame, just trying to think of possible mind related abilities.
I also think Diablo's idea with time manipulation is a good idea... Maybe being able to control certain things like that for however long at a time could directly relate to how much control you have over your own gas-given ability or abilities? Like, say, take the highest ranking leader in one group. They'd have to have close to the highest level of control over themselves, and with practice, they could train themselves to open up new possibilities? o.o?

Biokinesis will allow you to manipulate not only your body but living things too. Use your imagination ^^

I'll talk over the other suggestions in a bit, busy with homework.

InsanePoisson
Captain

InsanePoisson
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 pm
Ok, now to elaborate on the suggestions, since I have time. They all sound like good ideas and all will be discussed, if not here then in the mod forum, if you can make a GOOD and SOLID case for things I say no to then I will more likely then not say yes.

Now as for Omnikinesis, I'd like for you to elaborate on what you view these powers being for them to have such severe reactions. Now I am familiar with x-men and Jean but what do you view them as?

As I stated earlier biokinesis will allow you to manipulate your own body and the genetics of other living things. In theory if your character was powerful enough your character could change from some weird mutated jaguar to human and back but would tax heavily on your body and energy. It is no easy feat to manipulate your body to such extremes so it would cause strain but nothing permanent. Which is why most in the RP that gained such abilities made permanent changes to avoid such strains. Now use your imagination a bit here. Biokinesis allows you to manipulate living things, why shouldn't you be able to manipulate your own body or the body of others. In the former version of this RP in the Amazon tribes fused plant to animal and changed animals to be protectors for them. Why not apply that concept to yourself or others? Severe tendons from a prolonged grapple with a persons shoulder, fry nerves, boil their skin away, ect. Use a bit of creativity ^^ If you can explain it relatively logically I'll allow it but do keep in mind not god-modding or auto-hits still.

Now let me address this space time thing. I'm not to found of it because of the time part. I can see people freezing time, reversing it, and things such as that to gain by far an unfair advantage over another person in the RP. Going back in time to allow their character to hear things they shouldn't, avoid attacks by freezing time and moving, killing someone easily while they are affected by the time stop. The space part I have less of an issue with, it's actually kinda nice. Being able to easily teleport and open holes in space to create attacks from behind someone to surprise them. Or make quick escapes or move around quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 pm
How's this:

Omnikinesis - The ability to control almost everything except the "intangibles" and a small amount of other things. "Intangibles" include time(I agree that there should be no time control), thoughts(to avoid mind control), life and death(to stop people from resurrecting dead people, or killing them with just a thought), etc. Using this type of ability is more taxing on the body than other types of abilities, causing the user to tire faster while using it.

I removed the craziness and sickness, because it seemed a bit too much after I read over it, although tiring much faster than other abilities makes sense to me, to help even out it with other abilities. I go ahead and add more things to the "intangibles" list, or include something in the small amount of other things.  

nicomon the archmage
Crew

Vercheil

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:23 pm
InsanePoisson
Darkmistress19

Biokinesis will allow you to manipulate not only your body but living things too. Use your imagination ^^

I'll talk over the other suggestions in a bit, busy with homework.

Oh, I'm sorry, I missed that on the list. XD; ^_^; I just kinna went with some random thought I had. Nevermind!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 pm
nicomon the archmage
How's this:

Omnikinesis - The ability to control almost everything except the "intangibles" and a small amount of other things. "Intangibles" include time(I agree that there should be no time control), thoughts(to avoid mind control), life and death(to stop people from resurrecting dead people, or killing them with just a thought), etc. Using this type of ability is more taxing on the body than other types of abilities, causing the user to tire faster while using it.

I removed the craziness and sickness, because it seemed a bit too much after I read over it, although tiring much faster than other abilities makes sense to me, to help even out it with other abilities. I go ahead and add more things to the "intangibles" list, or include something in the small amount of other things.

Sounds workable into the current abilities. I'll think about it a bit further as the guild develops as the reopening nears closer.

InsanePoisson
Captain

InsanePoisson
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 pm
Now people we need the leader spots filled for the guild. Also, I would like to hear what all the members would like as RP areas within the guild. Some of the old ones redone or new ones you thought up? They have to be real places on the Earth. Granted you could make one up on the Earth but you'd need to provide a full, detailed description and general location.

Awakened

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff