Did you find what you were looking for?
  Yes. <3
  No. T_T
  Zomg~ tooo muuuch! @~@
  Meh. = - =
View Results

Elaice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 pm
This forum sure contains a lot of information, but I decided to list down some more for lolitas out there. I am a complete beginner on sewing (doesn't even have a sewing machine) and would like to share my experience with other beginners too. Advanced seamstresses are also welcomed, but I suggest they help out the beginners since they are the ones that need more help. Some of the links may have been already posted, but I'mma list them here anyway for your convienence.

EGL - Most popular lolita tutorial site out there. I think. Probably. Anyway the site is purely focused on lolita clothing which helps a bunch, and many of them even have pictures for visual learners.

Japanese Gothic Lolita Bibles - I can't believe no one has posted this site. This site is like the...sanctum of all sanctums. Anyway take a look at it if you don't believe me.

Full Lolita Dress - Though you'll have to make it to your measurements, but hey, it's in ENGLISH. :"D

Lolita Extras - There's a blouse and a few head accessories on here from GLB Extras. The quality is surprisingly high and the pictures are very vivid.

Victorian Skirt - You can make it lolita-esque however you want it. Very beautiful no?

Random Thread #1 - A lot of tutorials... Most of them are from EGL, but there are some you may be interested outside of EGL.

Blue-Period - Beautiful site with a lot of patterns from GLB, yet most of the links won't work for me. Also janchan is listed here, which you should know by now is pretty popular for its scans. I wonder what happened to janchan...the site is always down except for the gallery section.

Big Fat List - It's big. It's long. It's the big fat list of craft tutorials! Just a heads up not everything on here relates to lolita, but you can adjust them to be with some mad sewing skills. This site has many rare lolita tutorials you won't find on other sites like the lolita OP dress, which is quite handy for beginners to make a full dress step by step. They also got a lot of purses and tote bags that can be rendered to the lolita fashion as well as links to various sites similar to us.

Archives - There's over a THOUSAND threads posted in here, and they all relate to lolita. This place is in partnership with EGL and is massive. Lolitas here ask for help and post patterns as well you won't find anywhere else. I won't be browsing the whole thing, but it's worth the look to search for tutorials. A lot of advice are also on these threads as well. You probably will have a high chance of finding something to your use in this place.

Awesome Flickr - This place has a ton of sweet stuff for the gothic lolitas out there. And look! A mini lace hat! Probably would be useful in the future to some of you gals. wink

Youtube - Many tutorials have been posted on there and not everything is filed under 'lolita', yet is related to lolita.

Other Guilds - There are some tutorials on other lolita guilds that are not found here. Lurk around maybe?

DeviantArt - A great place for inspiration and learning to craft some nifty things. Check out the Artisan Crafts section or type in lolita in the search bar and you will find tutorials for lolita clothing.

That's it for now, but anybody is welcomed to thrown in another link. Please check if your link can be found on any of the sites listed above first before posting it. Good luck and hope you guys have fun crafting out your lolita wardrobe!

P.S. I would really like some help for my mini top hat on the other thread in this forum. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 am
Ni-----fty------ Thanks for this, I'll be sure to give the Fat List a careful combing over later! c:  

Crystal Orchid

caramel frappuccino

Sparkly Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm
Thank you!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 pm
You are most welcome! By the way, the tudor rose purse from the Big Fat List makes a lovely lolita accessory if anyone is interested in making it.  

Elaice

Elaice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 pm
Hello again everybody. I was getting a little frustrated earlier since I'm a beginner seamstress (and a very new one at that) and can't find any translations on practically any gosurori patterns or how to sew them. So I'm going to start translating them here and mind you I'm not Japanese, but my translations are pretty accurate from what I see and I'll be using lame terms so that even beginners understand. It would be helpful if anyone else would like to contribute because it's really helpful for the newbies.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:25 pm
Ah! You're a saint! thanks for posting!  

Le-DIZZ

Elaice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 pm
I heard that GLB 3 of the English Bibles has the mini hat pattern in it! DDDD: Wish I could get my hands on it though my parents won't buy it anymore because they think it is ridiculous. I could buy it with my own money, but they have control over my bank and blocked it. So I'm only allowed to use my money for college funds. Kukuku. ;-; Asian parents are so harsh. =_= I'll never get the hat. D: Or buy anything for that matter...until I'm old enough to move out, but that's such a long wait...probably I'll give up the fashion by then. >.>

Anyway the new site I put up has Japanese patterns for those of you experienced seamstresses that don't require word-for-word directions accompanied with pictures. Good luck on your closets.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 pm
Hope you guys like the new sites I have put up. Almost each one gets better and better. XD  

Elaice

How To Make Anything Lolita

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff