Poll Whore! 8D
View Results

The Ice Maker

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 am
Have you ever had this happen to you? Have you waited so long for a game, pre-ordered it and everything, and then, you go in the store the day it's supposed to come out, and they say: "Um...We don't have it in yet... Says here that it's shipping today. We'll probably have it in tomorrow! Call in and check before you come!" Then you're either pissed that the game's not there, or really depressed that it's not there 'cause you had plans to play it-
All. Day. Long.
Sorry, this just happened to me today when I went to pick up Darkside Chronicles. I've been looking forward to this game for months, being the Resident Evil fan that I am, and I just had one of the biggest let-downs of my life. ;_; Okay, so I suppose I really shouldn't be complaining, I mean, what's one more day, right? I suppose I just got my hopes up to high and now I'm really dissapointed. >n<' But, this also got me wondering, has it happened to anyone else? Or is my little GameStop here in Minnesota just a special case?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 am
Wow, that sucks. At least they said "We'll probably have it in tomorrow" instead of "We will have it in tomorrow".
I've never actually pre-ordered a game, so I can't tell you whether or not that's a common thing elsewhere.  

Thanatoast Crunch

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 pm
I've never preordered a game, but that would suck.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm
last time I preordered a game they actually had the game in before the date they gave me, they just released it on the given date.  

Destheren

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 pm
yeah, unless the game has a ton of hype like say brawl or some other hit game, it will almost never be there the day its out. if its got a midnight release, go to it.

@thread title: THATS WHAT HE SAID!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:04 pm
It happened to me with Galaxy. I was so pissed. I actually almost skipped school so I could get it as soon as possible. I called all of the stores in my city five times each, asking if they had it yet and Walmart got it at like, ten.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:06 pm
i hope they don't d this with red steel 2. that one i want the day its out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:08 pm
Hasnt happened to me, but now its going to someday. The last game I ordered was COD MW2, and I got that the day it came out. But then again, it was so promoted, they would have flipped s**t if they didnt get it.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:09 pm
That has happened to me once and it really doesn't make any sense at all because if you preorder it you should be one of the first ones to get it!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm
GO MINNESOTA WOO  

Orphie

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 pm
Orphie
GO MINNESOTA WOO

i wish i could get games late

On topic though, Gamestop likes to say that the release date is the shipping date whenever they get games late. Your store is no exception. Sometimes I go to the Wal-Mart next door when I KNOW the game is out; it really pisses them off, but it's honestly not my problem.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:13 am
What you need to do is stop giving Gamestop your business and find a Microplay. They know their s**t and they will treat you at least 100 times better.

On topic, I've never pre-ordered a game. I usually don't even get them till at least two months after they're released.  

Cabron the Swan

The Ice Maker

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:55 pm
Thank you all for the responses! 8D I've been playing Darkside for the past few days and haven't come on Gaia (sorry I didn't give responses sooner.) It's interesting to hear what you all have to say. =u=

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:32 pm
When you can preorder a game from Amazon and Gamestop and get the Amazon copy first, there's a problem.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Clydsdale_Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:13 pm
wanted platinum, was so excited, then some fat woman says
"oh we dont have it yet, didnt you know?"
well on the window there was a display sign poster thingy that siad platinum coming... and it had todays date, god i was heart broken burning_eyes  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff