[PRP] Beginnings Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:10 pm
User Image

Isha wandered through the stalks of tall, wide-leaved plants and wet trunks supporting the massive canopy overhead. She brushed aside vines and watched her step along the treacherous forest floor. Many might call the landscape stifling, and it was true - at first she had occasionally longed for the wide open grasslands and a view of the sun on the horizon. Now, however... now it was her home, and she had come to love it through the eyes of her mate, Juu.

She smiled at the thought of him, and at the thought of what was to come.

Her own childhood had been difficult. And though she admitted that much of the difficulty had stemmed from her own actions, she had sworn to herself that her children would be...

Well, different, she hoped.

Different from me, anyways.She thought with a wry smile. Less self absorbed, for a start!

A nervousness at the thought of children, at the thought of motherhood, fluttered up inside her, but it was lost in a surge of excitement. She had a home, a mate... and now it was time to take the next step.

Hopefully Juu would feel the same way!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Roho had been quite... well, life had been interesting. He had finally sealed up the hole in his heart that his mother had left when she died. He knew that everything died eventually, but being as attached to his mother as he had always been, it was still a hard blow to recover from when she was gone.

Thankfully, his brother had been there for him. Amazingly, he had been given the leadership of the pride. Not that Roho disagreed, but he always figured it might be one of his younger siblings. So being the best brother he could be, he offered his assistance whenever he could. Which...wasn't often.

Wandering to a quieter part of the Swamp, his ears flicked towards as his eyes caught sight of something he would never grow tired of.

"Isha," he whispered, and headed toward her way.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 pm
Thoughts were dangerous, they had power... apparently the power to summon mates. Isha's ears pricked towards the one who was never far from her side or her thoughts, just as her nose caught his scent on the air.

She wondered if it was fair of her to ask him about family when he'd lost a great part of his (their!) family so recently... Isha's ears flickered back at the thought. She hadn't had nearly enough time to get to know Roho's mother, and she felt a bitter tang of loss at all the "could have been"s that flitted through her mind.

She shook her head, banishing the sorrow-laden thoughts. She had a mate, a family, a home, and a future. She would be thankful for that, and move forward... always forward. Today the sun was bright, the swamp filled with life. She watched a bird settle on its nest, carefully sheltering its eggs, and her thoughts returned full circle.

She trotted forward and nuzzled her mate, unable to repress the grin that stretched from ear to ear.

"You seem well today?" She made it into a question, eyeing him inquisitively. She knew how hard his mother's death had been on him, and she only hoped her presence could grant him some comfort.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 am
"Heh." He couldn't help but brighten at her smile. She always knew how to flash it best, and right now was the perfect moment for it., It made him remember bits of their past, as strange and wildly fun as it had been. Every once in a while he still couldn't believe just how lucky he was.

"I'm doing fairly well," he said, and that was the truth. He in his heart knew that his mother couldn't live forever; no one did. It was just something that happened, and as much as he hated it he was doing his best to grow forward. She would always be there watching over him somehow, and he'd like to believe returned to the spirits that lingered around the swamp.

"I'm even better now that I'm here with you," he grinned, feeling a little charmed. Might as well play along with his joyful emotions right now. "I hope I didn't bother you in your solitude, I just figured it would be nice to spend some time together, even a bit away from the heart of the pride." He couldn't believe how swollen the pride had gotten, partially when he returned, but moreso in the golden time of his mother's rule, nearly before her death, the pride had swelled to numbers he had never imagined, yet wondered if they rivaled the old pride, before the swamp had claimed her children.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 am
"Always the charmer, hmm?"

Her grin never faltered as she leaned up against his warm flanks. "If I have the choice, I'd choose your company over solitude every time! Even if things have gotten a little crowded lately."

She didn't mind the growth in the pride... not really. With so many new faces around, she didn't feel like the newcomer anymore. Now other lions were coming up to HER for directions and advice. She had to admit (if only to herself) that being able to do that really made the swamplands her home. It was hard sometimes growing up with lions who knew every leaf and branch by heart! But now, while she might not know it that well, she could at least recognize the paths!

"So... what are you doing out here?" She sat back on her haunches and curled her tail around her feet and raised an eyebrow. "Looking for me, or just out for a walk?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:43 pm
"Hmhm," he chuckled, his tail flicking behind him in amusement. "Perhaps I was looking for you." Of course, he always wondered where she went when he didn't see her, but as both of them had their duties (and it was a little weird being brother to the king, he had to admit) he never worried about it too much. He was just content with how well everything had meshed together.

"I just wanted to see how you were," he said, feeling a bit overbearing. She had always been quite hardy, and him...well, not to the same degree. "I wouldn't say the swamp is cramped, no, but it's gotten so busy that I sometimes wonder how you feel about that.."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 pm
Checking on her? Sometimes she couldn't get over how lucky she was. His mother had just died, and he was making sure she was handling things okay?

Her heart felt like it would burst with happiness. She wondered if he would ever know he made her feel. She couldn't help it - she darted forward and pressed her cheek against the hollow between his shoulder and neck.

It seemed silly that such a little comment could make her feel so... strange. Isha closed her eyes for a moment, then sat back again, feeling heat rise to her cheeks.

He'd asked her a question. Right.

Answer the question, idiot! She forced herself to focus.

"I have to admit, it was a little overwhelming at first." Isha admitted. All those new faces, and when she'd just started feeling at home! Her tail twitched and curled in remembered anxiety. "But it's a good thing, I think. Besides, it's nice to have someone else asking me about the pridelands. And it's even nicer to be able to answer!" She said with smile, sharing her earlier thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:28 pm
Roho chuckled. Sometimes he wondered how he got so lucky! It almost felt like a fluke that he had come across her again after only meeting her at the beginning of his pilgrimage.

"I bet it felt a bit like how my pilgrimage started, with no idea where to go or what to do. I gotta say, meeting you out there that one time made it not so....scary." He sighed, but it was a content, happy one. "I'm just glad that you've been settling in so well. Maybe at one point you'll be moving around here without even thinking about it." Er, that was worded awkwardly. Oh well. He laughed, trying to cover that up. "I mean that in a good way, like you've really connected with the land!"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 pm
That first meeting, when they were just children out in the world for the first time... it felt like fate. If anyone had told her what the future held, she would have laughed in their face. What a strange place this world was! But she wouldn't have had it any other way, not in a million years.

"I had you." She said. "I wasn't alone, like you were on your pilgrimage. And all the strangers, well, at least I knew they were all family!"

Speaking of family... Isha's eyes found that tiny bird nest in the trees and her thoughts returned to the possibility of their family getting just a little bigger.

Isha smiled and curled her tail around her feet. She twitched the tip of it unconsciously, suddenly nervous. Which was silly, really. Why should she be nervous? She wasn't really nervous about what Roho would say, she didn't think. More just... nervous about the future. But the dark lioness could feel a bubbling happiness, an excitement that pushed her past her nervous tendencies.

"Roho...I know the pride is getting bigger." She said softly. "A lot bigger. But I was thinking that maybe..." Isha flashed her mate a hopeful smile. "Maybe it could grow just a little more?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:13 pm
Roho shook his head, but he still had a good smile on his face. "Different situations, I bet they were both stressful for each of us." This was his family, his kin, his homelands. It was where he always felt comfortable. So while he did his best to understand why Isha may have been nervous here and there in the adjustment period, it was still hard to really empathize exactly how it felt.

But...then she tossed out a subtle hint that he wasn't quite sure he heard.

"Wait...did I. Hear your right? You're usually a little more up front than this!" he laughed, leaping forward to give his mate a nuzzle.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm
Isha's blush would have been more than obvious if it hadn't been for her dark fur. This was a sensitive subject! It wasn't like asking if he wanted to go hunting, or swimming, or... or... something. Getting ahold of herself, Isha returned Roho's nuzzle primly and gave him a firm look.

Fine. She would spell it out for him.

"I want to start our own family!" She growled playfully, swatting at him in mock irritation. "I want cubs! Is that blunt enough for you?" She grinned to soften her words and this time she rubbed against him with something more than mere affection.

"I can't think of anyone who would make a better father." Isha continued more seriously, her voice muffled by Roho's thick mane. She could hear his heart beating strong and steady in his chest. It was only the truth - Roho would be perfect. Was perfect already. She pulled away so she could see his face.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm
Roho laughed, doing his best to dodge Isha's hit. "Hey!" he laughed, though she quickly turned back over to being the sweet lioness she was now. Well, sweeter than she normally was. Roho was certain that this proved how much Isha believed in what she had just said.

"Hmm?" He couldn't quite hear her, but still...he felt like he just knew that her words were nothing but good. Unless she was teasing him and didn't quite want him to hear her, heh.

"They'll have a very mischievous mother, that's for certain. We're doomed, aren't we?" Between his laid back attitude and Isha's more adventurous one, the cubs would probably get into everything.

He took a deep breath, her inescapable scent filling him. "I love you," he finally added on, savoring each word in his mouth.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:09 pm
"Mischievous!" Isha snorted. "If they're anything like I was, they'll be downright terrors. Of course, we're in real trouble if they take after their father..." She grinned and bumped him playfully with her shoulder.

Honestly, I hope they do take after him. The world could use more like him.

She thought of her own adventures in the world, of her travels with Rune and the mess she'd made of her own family. Of Roho's pilgrimage and their journey home together. Her heart skipped a beat, fear tingling through her body at the thought of her babies facing the world alone. Isha knew how dark a place that world could be. How dangerous.

How utterly alone you could be.

But as she stood there, Roho's words in her ears and their meaning filling her heart, Isha knew that for all that was dangerous and dark in the world... for all that was bad, there were a million small, bright things that glittered in the darkness. A million ways to find happiness. A million ways to love, and be loved.

It was those small things that she yearned to share with their children. All those little lessons she'd learned through her years. The stars at night and the way the pridelands looked just before dawn, the sound of Roho's laughter and the way her own heart sang when she opened her eyes to a fresh new day. To a new beginning.

"I love you too, Roho." She said.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am
"If they take after me, they'll be pushovers!" he laughed, leaning over to give her quite the nuzzle. He had always been a bit of a follower, a mama's boy. Isha's younger self, her determination and grit to face the world had shocked him. T he idea of hardship had never crossed his mind, beyond his pilgrimage to find his true name. She had fought her demons, and he had cried about walking out of an area that hadn't been constantly damp. She had opened his eyes to the fact that the world was no perfect, and he had done his best to be there for her once they decided to try out a relationship.

It had worked better than he had thought, and though it took her time to adjust, Roho was proud of her. Proud of the risk that they had both taken, and also anxious, nervous, excited....just an outpouring of emotions for this next step that they might take.

"Well, you know we'll never be truly ready, but...we can do this."

Tristan Thorne

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Tristan Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 pm
"Pushovers!" Isha pulled away and flashed him a grin. "That's exactly what we girls want! Someone that always does what we say."

Which was true. Although, being completely honest, it was probably a better idea for her to do what he said, not the other way around. The gods knew she'd done enough damage in her own life, following her own advice. Ah, well... she had learned. She hoped. She drew in the dirt with one dark paw, and could feel her old scars pulling.

"It's always there, isn't it?" Isha asked softly, her smile fading. "I can't forget."

She knew she shouldn't forget, either. But sometimes she really wished she could. Isha... that was her new name. Her new identity. She only wished she could have a fresh set of memories too.

She would just have to make them, step by painful, beautiful step.

Thank the gods you found me, Roho. Isha thought.

"I think we'll be ready, when it happens." She said softly. "I hope."

Safaia

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas