Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] WITTY TITLE PENDING (Memory, Flower, and Connell) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 pm
The balmy summer weather had receded into the cool, crispness of autumn. Trees had all ready began to change their colours in a display of receding chlorophyll could accomplish. Old man winter was on his way, slowly but surely.

It was overcast today, and the lack of sun sent a chill through everyone's bones.

Flower stood under an apple tree, looking for newly fallen fruit. Some were laden with worm holes, others were rotted, and some smelled strongly of fermentation.

After a bit of rooting around she found one, and took a bite. It was delicious! Crisp yet sweet. Juicy but not too wet.

The mare was in heaven!

The old black and white pony trotted over the hill a soft smile on his face. His green eyes roamed the steadily browning terrain when he noticed an apple tree. He hadn't eaten for quite some time so started toward the tree at a trot.

Flower looked up at the sound of approaching hooves and her jaw went slack. "Oh, s**t." She breathed, at the sight of her father.

Connell beamed at the sight of his daughter and bridged the gap between them. "Ello, Poppit." He said with a dip of his head. "Nice, cool, afternoon shapin' up, eh?" He asked.

The mare scowled and took a few steps back. "I'm leaving." She said stiffly before turning to leave.

The stallion scowled. "Yeh can't just leave! Yeh're not gonna even say 'hello' t'yer own Da?" A scowl set on his face as he started running after her.

Flower didn't think twice before she broke into a lope, and made a break for the tree-line. She only hoped she could get away from him somehow.

"Come back 'ere yeh spoilt brat! I'll teach yeh some fetchin' up, Misseh! After all Ah've done fer yeh, yeh've got some nerve!" He shouted, anger spilling over his usually calm exterior. When it came to being given the 'cold shoulder' by his daughter, it set him off.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 pm
Memory wsa new to these lands, and it was easy for him to get lost. Right now the only directions he knew was up and down, and even that was getting fuzzy as he lay on his back. He sighed deeply, wishing he'd gotten better directions from that stupid hawk. He kicked the air idly a few times before he turned his head to n** at the grass next to him. He was beginning to wonder if this herd even existed. It seemed too good to be true, really. Such a tight knit family that wasn't even blood related. No one was that good. So he was on a wild goose chase then? Nothing made him angrier than having his time wasted like it had been over the past week. So, did that mean it was time to head back home?
He grunted irritatedly after a few moments of thinking. Where else was there to go? Home was his only option, really. How depressing, he thought. He'd been so excited to finally being an integral part of a family, and now he came to terms that it was all a lie. He'd have to hurt Jessica back home. She was the one who told him about this family. Stupid bird. There was a reason Bird Brain was an insult.
Hoofbeats caught his attention. His ears swivled around towards the sound before his head did and it wasn't long before he saw a mare his size comig up over the horizon. He debated for a while about asked for directions before he decided it couldn't hurt. He took a deep breath and set out towards her at a steady pace. It wasn't until he was closer that he noticed the look on her face. A glance over her shoulder told her why she was so upset. His jaw set into a scowl at the stallion persuing the mare, nothing was more despicable in his mind.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 pm
Flower sped up and started weaving around obstacles as she broke through the tree-line. She had been in his forest more than once, so she had a very slight advantage. There was a ravine somewhere, that was fairly hidden.

Her plan was simple: She was going to try to loose him, hide in it, and pray.

Connell followed her. He may have been twenty but the stocky pony had worked nearly every day of his life and had yet to loose his muscle tone and stamina. "Runnin's only gonna make it worse, Flow'a!" He bellowed, breathing deeply as he ran. Second guessing her ducking and turning slowed him down a bit but he was keeping up with her for the most part.

"Yeh can' run forev'a!"

The more cross he got, the deeper his brogue became.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 pm
Memory lifted his head higher at the stallion's voice. So Flower was her name. Make what worse? He didn't really feel like asking questions. Flower looked terrified, and it was clearly the stallion's fault. That was all Memory needed to know. Without a second thought on the subject, he dug his back hooved into the earth and coiled tightly before springing into a gallop, as fast as his legs would carry him. He breathing soon began to sting in his chest as it appeared as puff in the chilly fall air. The stallion was stocky, but he was small and the only weight was muscle. At the very least he wanted to distract the stallion to give Flower some sort of advantage.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 pm
Connell saw and heard only one thing: his daughter. "Spare t'rod an' spoil t'child! Ah'm done doin' tha'! Yer old enough t'know bett'a! COME. BACK. 'ERE!" His muscles were starting to cramp. It'd take a miracle, or dumb luck for him to keep going much longer. His adrenaline was surging but he wasn't afraid, which helped his daughter.

Flower kept going as if the hounds of hell were snapping at her heels. Some leaves had all ready started to fall, which obscured a small rabbit warren. She stepped right into it and fought to stay on her hooves. Needless, to say Connell gained more ground.

After what seemed an eternity of falling she caught herself and kept going. The mare ducked behind a small bush and ran flat out toward the ravine, going across a small brook in the process, attempting to mask her scent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:34 pm
Conell's cramping was the advantage Memory needed. He dug his back hooves into the ground again and coiled up even tighter. Without a sound he launched into the air aiming for the side of the stallion. All he needed was to allow Flower to gain a few feet, that would be enough. She could make it to her hideout and be safe while he took the heat from the stallion. His hooves connected with side, and he knew Flower had escaped. He centered himself between the stallion and Flower and lowered his head. "Very good sir, you can terrorize a young mare. Now, can you fair with a stalion, I wonder? Or are you really as weak as you make yourself out to be," he goaded with a smirk.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:41 pm
Connell grunted as the air was knocked from him and fell to the ground. The stallion started gasping as sputtering, belying his age, as he fought to get to his feet. "This...ain't...none'a yer....con...cern!" He spat, chest heaving. His green eyes narrowed dangerously and he was half-aware of the sound of his daughter's running as she made her escape.

"An' Ah ain't...terrorizin'....her. Mah own chil' ain't...about ter...treat me like tha'....after all Ah've...done fer...'er." He said darkly. He slowly seemed to be getting his wits about him again.

"An' Ah ain' WEAK, yeh miserable snot! Ah, may be old but Ah can still kick yer arse...all ov'a God's green earth..." Right now, it didn't seem as if he could harm a baby bird. But the anger was rolling off of him in waves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 pm
"And yet you tell her that running will only make it worse. You're don't sparing the rod. the look on her face, the pace at which she was running. That only adds up to one thing. And when a parent lays hooves on thier child, I can't allow myself to stand by and allow that to happen." He smirked and raised his head, letting his stance weaken. He laughed slightly at the other stallion's gasping. Memory barely had a hitch in his breathing after his burst of running. "I find others don't generally run that hard from someone unless precedent has told them that they are dangerous." He looked behind him to assure that Flower was gone before he continued to goad the old man.
"Oh really old man? It seems to me that you can barely take another step. Be careful, you're heart won't forgive you if you over exert yourself, never mind your joints. Ruematoid arthritis is a nasty thing, you know." He laughed again and lipped at some grass. "I actually don't fight the elderly. Really, my main concern was helping that poor mare. Honestly, if you're going to threaten her, I see no reason for you to call her you're child."  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:05 pm
The stallion scoffed as he still fought to get his breath. "Ah've given 'er everythin' an' that was how she repaid me." He said, spiting for emphasis. Yeh cocky lill' s**t." Connell added with a scowl.

"Yeh can' be everywhere." He snapped, knowing deep down he'd get his arse handed to him if he continued, before he turned and walked away making a rude gesture as he went.

Flower had made it to the ravine, and no matter how much she tried to hide her trail, it was still obvious the way she had come. There was only so much one could do with the fallen leaves. The mare leaned against the side and tried to catch her breath as quietly as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:22 pm
Memory ignored the gesture, knowing himelf to be bigger than that. It was only when the stallion was good and out of sight that he turned towards the tree line and smiled softly. He'd let the mare know that her father was gone, and then let her alone. He didn't want to scare her any more than she already was. He easily followed the trail towards the ravine, careful to cover his own trail and hers along with it. He's take another route back to where he began and cover his trail there as well. Flower would come out in her own good time, and until she did he'd stand watch from the fields he'd first seen her in, making sure the stallion didn't return to claim his own.
The ravine presented itself with foliage and darkness not yet touched by autumn's murderous chill. the leaves were still green with life, and the grass still moist beneath his hooves, themoisture no doubt held in by the shades defence from the sun. He stood for a moment at the edge before he called out quietly to her. "Flower? Flower, I assume your name is, unless that was just a pet name from your father. In which case, then forgive me for my inpropriety. I just found that it was my duty to inform you that your father was driven off. Take your time before coming out, I'll be keeping watch until you do. Your trail has been covered, so he can't find you." He stay still for a moment before he trotted off again, still hiding his tracks.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:49 pm
Flower's eyes widened at the sound of a stallion's voice. It took her a moment to realise that it wasn't her father's. She exhaled deeply and allowed her rubbery legs to give way, folding them under herself. The mare couldn't bring herself to speak. She owed this stallion a thank-you, and knew it.

Nearly a half hour's time had passed before Flower climbed out of the ravine, her legs still slightly shaky. She looked around tentatively before cautiously making her way back toward the open meadow.

She really hadn't even caught sight of this good Samaritan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:34 pm
Memory lifted his head as shadows shifted before him. The mare was darker than he'd thought she would be, of course, he only caught a fleeting glance before he zeroed in on her father. He stood, letting the blood run through his legs before he took a step west. She was safe and that was that. There was no need to stick around any longer. To make himself knows would only tempt the fates who would smile on him later for his prideless act. He smiled gently and turned his face towards the way back to his old land. There was no more reason for him to stick around any longer. After all, Flower was a grown mare, she could care for herself, and no doubt her mate would do so as well.  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:43 pm
She caught his smile and began to offer a polite one in return, but it faded quickly when he began to walk away. The mare quickened her pace as she followed him. "Sir! Sir, please, wait!" She felt she owed him quite a lot. More than she could really offer. But a 'thank-you' would be a start.

When the stallion stopped Flower gave a very formal equine version of a curtsey. "I can't even begin to thank you for what you did." She said, before rising, her dark blue eyes lighting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:30 pm
Memory turned breifly and smiled gently. "No need. Any decent Soquili would have done the same, really." He bowed briefly before resting his head to the side, giving him an aloof air. "I'm glad you are alright, though, Miss Flower, if I may adress you as such." He bowed his head breifly, just in case it was not her proper deem. "Really, it was only luck I am here. I was looking for a certain herd, one I'm beginning to doubt the existence of, really. However, perhaps you've heard of it. It's lead by a mare named Scarlet, if I'm correct. Do you know where thier home is located?"  

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:37 pm
The mare nodded. "Yes, Flower's my name. Might I learn yours?" She asked before looking a little puzzled by his question. "Scarlet?" It clicked in her mind. "Oh, yes! She's like a sister to me. Why do you ask, Sir?" She had no idea there was anything like 'lore' surrounding her friend's close-knit herd. In fact, she had no idea any real outsiders knew they existed.

Normally, she would have been suspicious but he seemed genuine.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff