Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
is this guild still claiming civil and tolerant discussions? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 pm
because i see an awful lot of people spitting alot of hatred out like acid trhough their teeth at me for my beliefs. they ask me question sto explain my beliefs, and then shoot down my answers by appointing themseves experts on the topics discussed. and all with an incredible amount of hostility. if it keeps up i am not likely to be bothering to post here anymore, so i would like to know right now if this happens often.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 pm
Chieftain Twilight
because i see an awful lot of people spitting alot of hatred corrections to my misinformation out like acid trhough their teeth at me for my beliefs.

Fixed for ya 3nodding .
Quote:
they ask me question sto explain my beliefs, and then shoot down my answers by appointing themseves experts on the topics discussed.

I'm sorry, you'll have to point out where Sanguina, IMR, or myself proclaimed ourselves experts.
Go on, I'll wait right here for those quotes!
Quote:
and all with an incredible amount of hostility.

I am very, terribly sorry that you see correction of misinformation to be "hostility." School must have been terribly hard for you.
Quote:
if it keeps up i am not likely to be bothering to post here anymore, so i would like to know right now if this happens often.

Go BAWW somewhere else.

ETA: And, if you remember correctly, all we did was ask questions.
You were the one who called us "intolerant, self-righteous know-it-all bitches."  

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:58 pm
I'm not an expert but I really dislike it when people are misinformed.

You know, as an archaeologist, I'm used to questioning everything and wanting everything to be as accurate as possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 pm
In Medias Res IV

You know, as an archaeologist, I'm used to questioning everything and wanting everything to be as accurate as possible.

Shame on you, IMR. Don't you know that beliefs don't have to be accurate?? They just have to be meaningful. Accuracy is for chumps.  

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV

Shame on you, IMR. Don't you know that beliefs don't have to be accurate?? They just have to be meaningful. Accuracy is for chumps.

D:

but but but when it's organised religion...

You can't be a Christian without believing in Jesus, you can't be a Jew WITH believing in Jesus.

Some things just ain't kosha togetha!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 pm
In Medias Res IV
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV

D:

You can't be a Christian without believing in Jesus, you can't be a Jew WITH believing in Jesus.

Teehee, I was being sarcastic xd
*squish*  

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Sanguina Cruenta
Crew

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 pm
Chieftain Twilight
because i see an awful lot of people spitting alot of hatred out like acid trhough their teeth at me for my beliefs.

Correction =/= hatred.

Quote:
they ask me question sto explain my beliefs, and then shoot down my answers by appointing themseves experts on the topics discussed.

We're not experts. We do appear to know more about them than you, though - which should mean to you that you have study to do. We shouldn't be able to show you up about your own religion.

Quote:
and all with an incredible amount of hostility.

We weren't hostile. You're being defensive. At the end there, yes, I answered insult with insult, although admittedly mostly for the irony.

If you choose not to post anymore that's your own look-out. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:04 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV

D:

*squish*

D: I'm too serious! heart

force me to do my homework!  

In Medias Res IV

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm
In Medias Res IV
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV

D:

*squish*

LOL well, as you can see, the internet is SRS BSNS.

Go and do your homework now or.....no long sleeves for you! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm
I wasn't actually hating on you or showing intolerance.
I was correcting the mistakes in your position.
You claimed to worship a God, but didn't know that the word you were using to describe said God doesn't actually refer to any God at all.
That's like claiming to worship the God "God of Wisdom" from the pantheon of the Gael.

By showing that you didn't actually research the God you claim to worship, you must yield that you don't actually know what it is that you worship. This is a hard thing to do. But when you do it and look at what it is that you are worshipping, be it thoughtform or other deity, you'll find that you come out of it with a better relationship.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV

D:

*squish*

LOL well, as you can see, the internet is SRS BSNS.

Go and do your homework now or.....no long sleeves for you! scream

gonk!!! but but.. it's Latin...!

I HAVE to wear long sleeves, I made a mess of my arm after being upset one night.

Yes, everyone, guess what? IMR is an emo kid.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 pm
In Medias Res IV

I HAVE to wear long sleeves, I made a mess of my arm after being upset one night.

IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER.

I'm sorry *comfort*

I wore 3/4 length sleeves today out to the mall and I felt mildly risque xd I had to laugh at myself.  

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
In Medias Res IV

IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER.

I'm sorry *comfort*

I wore 3/4 length sleeves today out to the mall and I felt mildly risque xd I had to laugh at myself.

I'm just honest about it because I don't give a s**t anymore.

INORITE? I am wearing a t-shirt in my room and I feel sooo uncomfortable

I have to admit I am starting to look at other women and frown upon them for wearing such revealing clothes. I'm horrible D:  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 pm
As a commentary on the initial post.

Having ended your "discussion" with us by calling us "self-righteous, intolerant bitches", starting this thread is a little hypocritical don't you think?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Crew

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 pm
In Medias Res IV

Ecce, IMR! .... s**t, i can't remember how to say "do your homework" in Latin. You'd better go do it before your mad Latin skillz degrade to my level gonk  
Religious Debate

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff