Too hot for long hair. :<
View Results

Neccasaurus Rex

6,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 pm

but I have curly hair, and it wouldn't look good. I wouldn't be able to straighten it all really each day.
I want to get perma-straightening, and a style that'll make me hair thinner/less volume

I also feel as though I'm not fashionable to carry a shorter hairstyle. :{

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:35 am
I have curly hair, too, and always hated it short, but last summer I got it cut about chin length and actually liked it. I had slight layers put in, and I learned that using wax or hair cream then twisting random chunks of my hair around my finger I could make Shirley Temple-esque curls. biggrin  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

Xiporah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:57 am
Short hair looked like s**t on me. Ask Brandon. I chopped mine in like 2001 well above the ear.

It was an expirience, but all in all I disliked it. It required styling (I am used to doing NOTHING to my hair) especially when it was growing back out because as it was growing out it looked liek I was tryign to grow a ******** mullet if I didn't curl and add a bunch of mousse and s**t to it. So embarassing crying

So I will never have short hair again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 am
Define short. That means different things to different people. >w<  

Evaporation

Quaint Ethos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:08 pm
When I have short hair it only looks good when it's styled...
Which I don't have the time or patience to do everyday, so I keep my hair long. xP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 pm
a) short hair makes faces look chunkier, usually. i remember you freaking out when you got glasses about that.
b) perma-straight isn't actually permanent.
c) curly hair doesn't really matter for short hair, from what i've experienced.
d) cutting it shorter usually creates more volume in curly hair.

lol :<  

breedney

O.G. Smoker

Tanyarbles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm
I have curly hair too! :D
I don't know if it helps, but this is what I do/did ...
Although this was a good few months ago, my hair consistency hasn't changed, so it's still applicable. XD
I went from this to this.
That's as short as I've gone since my age was just one digit.
The first picture describes my hair right after a shower; frizzy, curly, gross, annoying.
The second picture is styled, but it honestly does not take long at all.
My process~

- After a shower, I use Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist while my hair is still wet. Though any cream for hair would be good, for it sort of calms down frizz but keeps your curls soft. I just use one pump and distribute it in my hair.
- I start to dry my hair with the hot setting; I dry my bangs first, holding them slightly taught so they're not as curly. After my hair is slightly dry, but still quite damp, I apply Chi Silk Infusion. This is a bit pricey for a hair product, but you don't need much and it lasts a good while. If you're iffy about it, they sell it in a small size. And I'm sure you can find somewhere that has it for cheaper!
- After that is applied, I continue to dry my hair, but on the coolest setting; the heat damages your hair (as hypocritical as it may be later on; I'll explain why. XD) If I like how it's looking so far, I just leave it slightly damp and let the rest dry naturally.

If your hair looks better after some sleep -- which it does for me; less frizzy and more curly -- then how you dry your hair really doesn't matter, though I still do recommend using some curl defining product. If your hair dries with no frizz and amazingly defined curls, then ******** any products dude, you lucky b***h. XD

As you see in the second picture, my hair isn't as curly, but not stick straight. Just nice and wavy. Well, this is where the 'hypocritical' part comes in. Invest in a really good hair iron; I use the Chi Ceramic Hairstyling Iron. Although it's not that great for your hair, other things prevent your ends from splitting (like avoiding drying with heat or ironing your hair too much, and using heat protective oils or sprays). We got it from Costco for around $60 or so, which is a pretty good price for an excellent iron. You're probably like '********, I don't feel like ironing my hair. -_-' Don't trip, it doesn't take more then like, 5 min. XD; All I do is straighten out my bangs, so they don't look retarded, then I run it quickly over the rest of my hair. It smooths out the curls and the frizz. This did take a while to master, as easy as it sounds. After a while you understand your own hair and where you should run the iron. Your goal is not to straighten your hair, but to just smooth out the curls a bit. Shouldn't be that difficult! :3

As for your cut, it really depends on your face shape, so I can't really help you with that. :C All I can say is, try to get layers so you can avoid the 'triangle' shape (no volume at the top, a shitload of volume at the bottom). Make it so you have more volume at the top, and less volume at the bottom; that'll save you thinning it. I would know, I had a thickload of hair, before even the first picture.

So yes, this is how I treat my hair. XD You people are probably like 'UGH WHAT A GIRL JUST DRY IT AND GET IT OVER WITH' or 'EW IT'S PROBABLY ALL DAMAGED'. But yeah, I can't. :3 It doesn't get damaged as much either; just trim accordingly. In all honesty, it doesn't take that long. :C

I hope this helped, if you even read it. XD; Just learn to love your hair, and it'll look great. Don't be afraid of risks, because they can always be fixed. 0: (I also left this font dark, 'cause it looked like hell to read in light gray.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm
P.S.: DON'T PERMA-STRAIGHT. ;-; I got perma-straight in 8th grade, and it was heaven for a while (all you do is wash and that's it), but~ now the way I see it is that you're born with curly hair for a reason. Don't kill it, flaunt it. <3 Coloring your hair kills the quality too (it made my ends feel like hay >: ), but if you know how to handle colored hair, by all means go for it!  

Tanyarbles

Vitamin Crack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 pm
I have a friend who had curly hair. She cut it short and had it permed (for extra curliness!) and it looks great. Really it depends on what would suit you.

I'd say go for it. Worst thing that could happen is it doesn't look fantastic, but hair grows out so it doesn't matter!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Don't perma-straighten unless you're completely sure you can care for and handle it.
It's not as easy as it seems, and a lot of care needs to be put into it so it doesn't end up like hay, super damaged, or falling out.  

Alexaandraa

Athigail

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 pm
I have curly hair and I once had it just below the chin.
It doesn't matter if you have curly hair, it matters if your stylist knows wtfxup.
If you layer and angle your hair, it should fall nicely.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:08 pm
By short I mean to my shoulders.
luxfag
a) short hair makes faces look chunkier, usually. i remember you freaking out when you got glasses about that.

wat.

I know perma-straight isn't perma. I want to at least get layers enough so that it'll contain the volume.
Tsuki: I usually sleep-dry it! I was told to find Aveda though for my hair. Have you tried it? I looked for it at Walmart and couldn't find it. I do the same with my flat iron too! I think mines a Conair? I just know it's black with red hot plates. It works pretty good when I don't need my hair completely flat.

I really like my hair I'm just tired of having so much and it going everywhereeee and being a hot mess.

Neccasaurus Rex

6,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tanyarbles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:38 pm
Well then you're coo. 8D And as for Aveda, try and order it online. If not, a lot of places in Los Angeles sell them! Try your nearby mall? Most malls near Glendale (where I live in CA) have an Aveda. I use Aveda, btw! :3 Their Shampure line; just the shampoo and conditioner. It's so awesome, and it smells like baby powder. It really makes your hair feel so much healthier! You can't find it in drug stores and stuff, though, unfortunately. :C And as for Conair ... I hate that brand. XD; Everything kills my hair. But honestly dude, if it works for you, that's all that matters man. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:03 pm
when you got classes you were like
FFF MY GOD MY FACE LOOKS FAT and i was like no it doesn't wtf you are crazy.  

breedney

O.G. Smoker

Neccasaurus Rex

6,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm

I don't remember that, except that I looked like an OGRE. /shrug

Ladies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items