Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:41 am
THREAD HERE
Introduction + Event Summary:

Hey guys, I know the SS grams have probably dragged some newbies in the thread so here's another mixer event to hopefully get people to blend. There will be an extra condition this time though! You must have a gram to participate! I'm sorry for this exclusive factor.

This is a really simple event. Kinda. You will sign up for this event, then you will be assigned to a group. These randomly-generated groups will be revealed a few hours after the signups close. A day at max. Please note that I get my butt kicked by schoolwork very often. I WILL GET IT OUT BEFORE THE EVENT THOUGH.

Then on Sunday, December 27th,, we will all meet at a special small event thread in the forums (The link will be posted in the main thread, here, and it WILL be very apparent. Don't worry)

Your groups will have an assigned COLOR. During the event you must always post in this color. This makes it easier for other people in your group to identify you. And don't worry, I won't have any group have any eye burning colors like yellow.

There will be as many groups as I see fit. It all depends on the signups.

You will primarily focus on talking to people in your group. At the start of the event I may put up some random icebreaker topic or something that groups can start a conversation on. The goal of this event is to GET TO KNOW YOUR FELLOW GROUP MEMBERS. Because making new friends can be fun, especially if you are a newbie that just wandered into this B/C thread.

Now I'm not forbidding you guys to talk to other groups. I'm just saying pay more attention to your own group and every member in it. Although if you are trying to talk to someone in another group, just to make sure they notice, maybe you should post their username in bold size 24 font or something. Don't be offended if people don't notice sometimes, the thread can and WILL move fast quite often. Usually it's more comfortable to cling to a group or a few people to have a conversation with.

It is totally fine to talk to people in other groups when there's no one in your group online at the time of the event. But please don't stick to your usual friends all the time, this is a MIXER event where you MUST mix with OTHER people.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respect everyone else and MAKE AN EFFORT to have good spelling and grammar. I'm not asking you to be perfect but it really burns my eyes wen ppl talk lik dis constantly. Again, all I'm asking for is effort.

Important dates

December 25th: Sign-ups close at 11:59 PM EST
December 27th: Event starts from 6-10 PM EST

The event starts at but you can feel free to come in anytime between 6-10 PM EST to chat. You can even stay afterward but posting won't count for tickets anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am

User Image
There's a lovely Lopunny this time to be won ;D

So yes. This Lopunny will be raffled between the participants of the event. How?

You get tickets through these methods:

1 ticket for just posting 5 times in the event thread after you have signed up to participate. If you have not signed up and post, you don't get a ticket even if you post 80 times, sorry ಠ_ಠ
Also can only be claimed one time, not once for every five posts.

1 ticket if someone in YOUR GROUP vouches that you have talked with them for more than 5 posts.

1 ticket if someone OUT OF YOUR GROUP vouches that you have talked with them for more than 10 posts

1 ticket if a random staff member (FireFoxNinetails, MicroOndas, Duelist of Pokemon) feels that you are being very nice/social/etc. So be on your best behavior ;D

But remember, it's not the Lopunny that's important, it is getting to know more people! The pokemon is just a bonus C:

Also note that a person can only vouch for you ONCE and you can only vouch for yourself/someone ONCE. You've talked to someone in the event for 50 posts? Does not matter, still only 1 ticket.

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Now I know you guys have all been waiting for this part. THE SIGNUP FORM. Lol.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?:[/b]
[b]Qualifying Pokegram:[/b] (Just post any pokegram-toy you have recieved)

If you have any questions/comments/concerns about the event, please PM FireFoxNinetails  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:21 pm
Recycling threads = awesome lol  

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

Rian-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:26 pm
Username: Rian-chan
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: Probably about 10 minutes early XD Cody is off on Saturdays so it depends what his plans are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Username: Sirene Naiads
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: On Time! First weekend I don't have to do anything!

Sirene Naiads

Romantic Senshi

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 pm
Username: NaomiNaomi
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: Most likely early. xD <3 I wouldn't want to miss an event where I get to meet new people. :'D  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 pm
Username: Dark_Musashi
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: Definitely early; but since it will be 2am when the event begins here and college starts two days later, I don't think I'll be able to stay more than one hour. That's still enough for me to socialize. whee  

Dark_Musashi

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:59 pm
Username: StarrySeas
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: Early, if not on time :3
The only thing I'm doing that day is a soccer game and that's at 2 or something.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:00 pm
Username:bunnyilove
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?:Hopefully on time. My Saturday are always so whack out @-@ I can be on from like all day to a mere 1hour .-.  

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

Taerar Licorne

Tipsy Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:30 pm
Username: Taerar Licorne
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: Hopefully on time, but I'll be at a walk-a-thon most of the day, so I'm not 100% sure about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Username: synth-13
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: Either early, or maybe 15 minutes late. o 3o

synth-13

mewrose
Crew

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Username: mewrose
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: probably on time. If I don't forget. I better write myself a note so I don't. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 pm
Username: moonlit-raven
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: I should be on time.  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

An Original Username

Omnipresent Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:17 pm
Username: An Original Username
When do you think you will arrive at the event? On time? Late? Early?: I do believe I'll be early/on time. Hopefully. I will write a reminder for myself! 8D  
Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff