Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Family.... The Strange Bonds [Marjani x Risasi'kugiza] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:20 pm
User Image

The day had begun peacefully enough for the hybrid. She was woken up by her siblings to play and learn a few things from the pride members; nothing unusual had happened at all. Marjani was getting pretty tired of it always being so peaceful around here. Tail flicking carefully, the female looked out over the lands next to the river and frowned. Just out there were demons she was being trained to fight.

Training wasn't hard, at least.... she didn't think so. But she wasn't exactly being forced to do it right now, anyway. Sitting on her haunches, a frown formed upon her white muzzle as she thought about that. "I want to go out there," she said out loud, growling a little bit. Mar wanted to show everyone that she was strong despite how little she looked.

She heard a rumor that there had been a wandering lion near the prides, and she wanted to go meet him, but couldn't convince any of her siblings to go with her; which.... just made her that much more irritable when she was left to play by herself so her siblings could all get to bed early. Not quite night, but not daylight either. The sky was painted with dark colors that she so envied. She was so bright; she'd stand out in a heart-beat against any kind of night drop.

Turning away from the river, the little female padded to what she dubbed as her hill. She fought anyone that was on the biggest hill.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:18 pm
User Image

It was rare that Risasi wasn't hovering around his mother. He was usually right under her feet, humming little tunes and dancing around when he can. It was all to keep his mother happy, or so he hoped. Wandering around the lands a bit, he wasn't surprised he didn't see his siblings. They were either too darkly colored to want to stay out in the heat before dark, or they just didn't want to play. Out of his whole family, he was the one that stuck out the most, and it kind of bothered him. Even though he didn't plan on being the one to fight the demons, he still wanted to be able to sneak up on them without them noticing.

He trotted around in circles for awhile, finally deciding to go out towards the edge of the lands. It was then that he spotted something familiar....it looked just like the leopard that he knew his mother had taken in forever ago, but it was.....smaller? And more white, that was for sure. Intrigued, he ran up behind it, following it to its destination.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm
Marjani huffed as she flopped over on her back on the hill, looking to the clear sky with a frown. It wouldn't even rain to make things interesting for her, how boring! With a whine, she pawed at the sky, as if trying to summon the heavy, dark clouds that she longed for so bad. Her orange tipped tail flicked with her mood as a corner of her mouth tugged downwards into a frown. Why was it so boring around here?

Nothing was happening. Which made her restless. She needed a fight, she needed a fried, something to keep her interested and entertained! Right? Right. Shuffling of paws on grass made her flip around and look toward the noise. It was... .....a pink... thing headed towards her. As it neared, she saw it was a pink lion with weird markings. .... "Odd...." She said out loud, not thinking he could hear her.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Ignoring her statement, Risa bounded towards the orange and white female, taking her words more of a "come play" than a remark about his pelt. A wide grin spread across his face, and he was happy to have found someone to play with. "You're orange." Eyes wide, Risa's mouth hung open as he exclaimed. He was primarily staring at her ears and tail, ignoring the fact that the bulk of the cub was white. It was just kind of strange to see such a light pelt for Risa; his whole family had dark colors except for him.

"My name is Risa." His mouth formed a sheepish grin, and he plopped himself down right in front of the other cub.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm
She wasn't orange. "I'm orange and white," she remarked, watching the strange lion cub, her head tilted to the side. It was so weird, his coloration and markings. Her whole family was white and orange. So to see this color on anything was fascinating to her. Grinning, she moved closer to examine him, tilting her head this way and that.

"You're... quite... pink. It's weird!" It wasn't meant to be an insult or anything. Just a simple fact. It was very, very weird. Sniffing at him, she crinkled her nose. He smelled like a lot of others. Unlike Marjani herself, who didn't smell like her family. She tended to be by herself, even in sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:52 pm

"Huh?" It took a moment for Risa to think about her remark of his pelt. Being around such dark siblings all of the time, he had almost forgotten what color his own fur was. "Oh! I suppose I am!" He grinned broadly, proudly displaying the neon pink pelt that had come from an unknown father. "I like being wierd." The only thing he didn't like was the fact that he'd stand out to a disgusting demon. That was something that scared him to pieces.

"My name's Risa." He had come to adore his nickname; his full name was a moutful, but the meaning behind it meant a lot to Risa. The fact that his mother named him as a guiding light against demons made him proud to be both her son and a member of the pride. He only hoped that he could be useful when he grew older.

"Who're you?" He almost bounced as he said it. The colors of her pelt reminded him of someone he had seen speaking with his mother, but he couldn't quite remember. The faces of adults seemed to all blur together for this young cub.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:43 am
Well, if you liked something, it should be your flaws, or so thought Marjani. Grinning at the male, she tilted he head to the side and arched a brow, listening. "Marjani's the name, sniffing out demons is my game. I can't fight yet, but I know I can sniff them out and let the others have their way at them." She grinned at that, feeling like she was the most important one.

"So, why aren't you with your family? Surly you've got them. I think I seen a few others with your pattern, or part of it, anyway." Thinking back, she might have, but she couldn't be to sure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm

"I wanted to play out in the sun today." Risa smiled as he responded to her question, not even realizing that playing outside in the sun was completely normal. His other siblings, being dark in color, never wanted to stay out in the sun for extended periods of time.

"Besides, making new friends is fun!" His eyes lit up, the red one glowing more so than the green today. "So what's yoooouuuur name?" All this time, he felt strange not knowing the other creature's name. He had learned from his mother to always know someone else's name, if only for manners.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:49 pm
"My name? Marjani! I told you that, silly!" She didn't find his answer odd at all. Her little cub mind didn't need to question such a simple answer that the pink male was providing. Her thick, orange tipped tail swayed from side to side as she waited for an answer before blinking.

A cricket had came across her view! Gray eyes followed it and smirked as it landed on a big rock. If he answered or not, she probably wouldn't hear. Her whole attention was brought on the cricket. Crouching down on her belly, the hybrid inched up in the tall grass, trying not to make a sound so the bug wouldn't hop away. Licking her lips, tail up in the air, she wiggled her bum, readying herself.

With a mighty squeaky roar, the hybrid female launched herself at the bug and caught it between her paws. Or so she thought. Opening them, she blinked and whined. "Where'd it go?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 am

"Oh, of course!" Risa blushed a little, but it just faded into his neon pink fur. His mind tended to stumble when he was talking to someone he didn't know really well. He was lucky he'd stumbled over something so small an unimportant, and not made a bigger mistake further down the road.

"Marjani..." He said it to himself, staring down at the ground for a few moments, not realizing that the creature he'd been conversing with had refocused on something else. His bi-colored eyes flicked up, and he was surprised to not see her right in front of him anymore. "Marjani!" He tried to figure out what had drawn her away from him, but whatever it was, had disappeared. "What are you doing over here like that?" He laughed, wondering why she was in that position on the ground.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 am
"There was a bug! I can't find it anymore," she said, desperately looking around for it. Her gray eyes were still ever searching and a frown appeared on her muzzle. "Risa... Did you see it? Like... a cricket or somethin'...?" The hybrid female frowned again and whined softly to herself before turning her attention back to the pink male and then jumped on him.

"Play with me instead!" She Marjani seemed very demanding.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 pm

"A bug? Why would you go chasing after a bug?" Stopping, Risa had a mix between a confused and disgusted expression on his face. He didn't see the appeal of bugs like other cubs did. He preferred to chase after hares or snakes, but not bugs.

"Play with you? What game would we play?" Feeling a little excited by the mention of a game, Risa flicked his tail back and forth, bounding up close to Marjani.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm
She frowned. Why didn't he understand the concept of practice hunting? Didn't he do it? Either way, she sighed and snorted. "For practice hunting. I wanna be a good demon hunter, you know! One of the best ever!" There was a firm nod after her words before he brightened up at the games.

"Like...Tag, or chase, hide and seek, a race, wrestling..." The list could go on and on, but that's what she felt like doing right now. Maybe the pink boy would give her a good race!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:17 pm

"Oh..." Risa had done some practice hunting, but it was never something he focused on. It just didn't seem so important to the cub, especially when food was provided to him. He knew that he'd have to do more of it, but...he'd rather spend his time doing other cub things.

"Those all sound like fun!" Grinning, he never really had a preference when it came to games. As long as he was playing with someone else, he was happy. "We could pretend that one of us is a demon and chase each other?" Offering a suggestion, Risa tried to think of games he played. They usually consisted of chasing imaginary demons, or play fighting.

Polette
Crew

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 am
Marjani had never tried that game before! It sounded fun. Well, she'd seen a few cubs playing it, but she usually stayed to her own family, or played by herself... "That sounds really fun! I've never played. So, does the demon chase the hunter or the hunter chase the demon?" Gray eyes lite up in interest and she was practically prancing she was so excited. Could you blame a cub? She was going to learn a brand new game!  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff