Promoting Jesus Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imitation Stradivarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am
Tired? Depressed? Angry? Guilty?
Are you in a struggle with your emotions? Can you find the strength daily to cope with whatever it is that is troubling you? Do you feel dead inside? Are you constantly sick? Do you feel like there's no hope?

Here's the answer that you have been waiting for!

JESUS CHRIST

Yes, folks! Men, women and children of all ages, step right up and receive for yourselves a little piece of the ultimate peace! Get joy for your sad little self from the duct tape of the universe! JESUS CHRIST will cure you of your sickness, refill your hope, give you your strength back, and He will resurrect you from your dead life!
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I kid you not! [size24]JESUS CHRIST is the end all of cure alls!

What is the price on this product, you ask? It is completely free! Yes, folks! FREE!!!

What do you have to do to acquire said product, you ask? Ask for His healing grace!

"But announcer person, I have no idea where to find JESUS CHRIST!"

No problem! Just go to your local church and pray with a member! They will know exactly what to do! If you're not comfortable with that, you can pray in the comfort and privacy of your own home!

Warning! JESUS CHRIST is for everyone. If you are nursing, pregnant, thinking about thinking about becoming pregnant, suicidal, thinking about becoming suicidal, then this product can keep you safe. Not for barnyard animals, household pets, rocks, trees, plants of any nature. Side effects can include, but are not limited to: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and goodness.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:24 pm
Jesus Advertisement FTW!!! biggrin  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:59 pm
Tired? Depressed? Angry? Guilty?
Are you in a struggle with your emotions? Can you find the strength daily to cope with whatever it is that is troubling you? Do you feel dead inside? Are you constantly sick? Do you feel like there's no hope?

Here's the answer that you have been waiting for!

Vishnu

Yes, folks! Men, women and children of all ages, step right up and receive for yourselves a little piece of the ultimate peace! Get joy for your sad little self from the duct tape of the universe! Vishnu will cure you of your sickness, refill your hope, give you your strength back, and He will resurrect you from your dead life!
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I kid you not! [size24]Vishnu is the end all of cure alls!

What is the price on this product, you ask? It is completely free! Yes, folks! FREE!!!

What do you have to do to acquire said product, you ask? Ask for His healing grace!

"But announcer person, I have no idea where to find Vishnu!"

No problem! Just go to your local church and pray with a member! They will know exactly what to do! If you're not comfortable with that, you can pray in the comfort and privacy of your own home!

Warning! Vishnu is for everyone. If you are nursing, pregnant, thinking about thinking about becoming pregnant, suicidal, thinking about becoming suicidal, then this product can keep you safe. Now for barnyard animals, household pets, rocks, trees, plants of any nature. Side effects can include, but are not limited to: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and goodness.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:30 am
Jesus and Vishnu don't even have the same amount of arms, so that's not even fair. And second of all, people who worship Vishnu don't even like meat. I think. rofl  

ferret658

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 am
ferret658
Jesus and Vishnu don't even have the same amount of arms, so that's not even fair. And second of all, people who worship Vishnu don't even like meat. I think. rofl

But is what they claim to do different?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 am
ferret658
So Jews don't eat meat unless it's been blessed by a Rabbi. neutral Your point?  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
ferret658
So Jews don't eat meat unless it's been blessed by a Rabbi. neutral Your point?

Gimme a few minutes. It's after midnight here. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:58 am
divineseraph
ferret658

Well, not that ferret's post made mention of it, but mainly what Jesus does for us is he died for our sins. Vishnu never sacrificed himself out of love for his people, nor would he ever be willing to. Christ redeems his people from bondage to sin, at his own expense. Vishnu claims to be a god, but would he ever give up divine glory to come and dwell among his people? To have all of our weaknesses and experience all our suffering? Christ actually considers us brothers, sisters, and friends; and he's experienced all the humanity that we have. I don't know all that Vishnu supposedly promises his people, but Christ not only promises salvation and love; he actually carried out the actions himself and performed the greatest display of love anyone possibly could: sacrificing himself, though he was God, and suffering the condemnation that we deserved, even though we hated him. What wondrous love is this.

Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- Philippians 2  

Crimson Raccoon

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:17 am
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

Well, not that ferret's post made mention of it, but mainly what Jesus does for us is he died for our sins. Vishnu never sacrificed himself out of love for his people, nor would he ever be willing to. Christ redeems his people from bondage to sin, at his own expense. Vishnu claims to be a god, but would he ever give up divine glory to come and dwell among his people? To have all of our weaknesses and experience all our suffering? Christ actually considers us brothers, sisters, and friends; and he's experienced all the humanity that we have. I don't know all that Vishnu supposedly promises his people, but Christ not only promises salvation and love; he actually carried out the actions himself and performed the greatest display of love anyone possibly could: sacrificing himself, though he was God, and suffering the condemnation that we deserved, even though we hated him. What wondrous love is this.

Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- Philippians 2
Actually Vishnu is called the "Preserver" in Hinduism. And he came down to Earth in 9 avatars or incarnations. Two of them are called Rama and Krishna. Krishna amazingly shares the same qualities as Christ. Vishnu is also featured in a trinity of sorts along with Brahma and Shiva.

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/vishnu.html
http://www.sanatansociety.org/hindu_gods_and_goddesses/krishna.htm  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:57 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

- Philippians 2
Actually Vishnu is called the "Preserver" in Hinduism. And he came down to Earth in 9 avatars or incarnations. Two of them are called Rama and Krishna. Krishna amazingly shares the same qualities as Christ. Vishnu is also featured in a trinity of sorts along with Brahma and Shiva.

In the article you provided, I saw no similarity between Krishna and Christ. It says Krishna is a "trickster" and that he likes to "seduce the village girls." No Hindu god actually carried out any act of love for their people like Christ did. Self-sacrifice is the greatest form of love, and the God of Christianity is the only one willing to do such a thing. And historically we know that he did.

Vishnu may promise some kind of salvation, but Christ actually carried it out for us. As the first article you posted says, in Hinduism "Men attain salvation by faithfully following predetermined paths of duty." In Christianity, Christ gives us salvation freely: he did the work for it, and he paid the penality for the punishment we deserve. God humbled himself to become a man, lived a full life of sharing in our human suffering, and sacrificed his very life so that we could be reconciled to him. So we know that he loves us; there's nothing he could possibly do to show it more than that. The question was what does Christ claim to do that's different than Vishnu; and the answer is that Christ loves us so much he was willing to die for us.  

Crimson Raccoon

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:05 am
Crimson Raccoon
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

- Philippians 2

In the article you provided, I saw no similarity between Krishna and Christ. It says Krishna is a "trickster" and that he likes to "seduce the village girls." No Hindu god actually carried out any act of love for their people like Christ did. Self-sacrifice is the greatest form of love, and the God of Christianity is the only one willing to do such a thing. And historically we know that he did.

Vishnu may promise some kind of salvation, but Christ actually carried it out for us. As the first article you posted says, in Hinduism "Men attain salvation by faithfully following predetermined paths of duty." In Christianity, Christ gives us salvation freely: he did the work for it, and he paid the penality for the punishment we deserve. God humbled himself to become a man, lived a full life of sharing in our human suffering, and sacrificed his very life so that we could be reconciled to him. So we know that he loves us; there's nothing he could possibly do to show it more than that. The question was what does Christ claim to do that's different than Vishnu; and the answer is that Christ loves us so much he was willing to die for us.
Have you forgotten, that in Jesus' youth that he was also a trickster? Or did that little fact, not matter to you?

Do you have proof that God became a human?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:07 pm
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

- Philippians 2

He didn't need to sacrifice himself, he is simpy the All Preserver, ruler of life and death and creator of all things. Go to him, he does it without dying on a cross first.

And the post wasn't advertising his awesome abilities at self sacrifice, it was focused on the "salvation" aspect.

My point is, I'm making a satire out of the foolish claim of " Jesus is the one and only way ever because someone said so once, so you should all go to him forever because I said so." Frankly, it's insulting the the whole point of Christ to dumb him down to "If you believe it, you're in".  

divineseraph

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:49 pm
divineseraph
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

- Philippians 2

He didn't need to sacrifice himself, he is simpy the All Preserver, ruler of life and death and creator of all things. Go to him, he does it without dying on a cross first.

And the post wasn't advertising his awesome abilities at self sacrifice, it was focused on the "salvation" aspect.

My point is, I'm making a satire out of the foolish claim of " Jesus is the one and only way ever because someone said so once, so you should all go to him forever because I said so." Frankly, it's insulting the the whole point of Christ to dumb him down to "If you believe it, you're in".
I have to agree with divine, he's got a point.

Holy crap, Hell froze over. o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:08 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
divineseraph
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

- Philippians 2

I have to agree with divine, he's got a point.

Holy crap, Hell froze over. o.o

Well that's what it says in the Bible. God made it simple because He knew that we're all idiots who like to show off our works. If you believe it, you are in. And you're in for good.  

ferret658

ferret658

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Crimson Raccoon
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Crimson Raccoon
divineseraph
ferret658

- Philippians 2

Have you forgotten, that in Jesus' youth that he was also a trickster? Or did that little fact, not matter to you?

Do you have proof that God became a human?

And how exactly was Christ a trickster when He was a youth?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff