in Hell????
  NO!!! OFCOARSE NOT!!!!!
View Results

arianna05

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:38 pm
Yes, I beleive so. I just want to know your guys opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:42 pm
Sorry about the poll, I really had 2 options, yes and no, but my computer is evil and only entered the no...
If you think yes just say so.  

arianna05

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gendou
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:10 pm
Are you asking if an omnipresent God exists in hell as well as other locations?

That's an interesting question, and one that depends largely on both your definition of hell and on whether or not you believe God is actually omnipresent.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:13 pm
In order for something to exist, God must be present. God is like duct tape, He holds the universe together. Therefore, if hell exists, God must be there. That is not to say that those in Hell aren;t deprived of His presence.

It's kinda weird.  

ioioouiouiouio

arianna05

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:16 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
In order for something to exist, God must be present. God is like duct tape, He holds the universe together. Therefore, if hell exists, God must be there. That is not to say that those in Hell aren;t deprived of His presence.

It's kinda weird.
Yes it is...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:56 pm
Omgoodness, why would you think such a thing! God made Heaven, and he is in heaven. I guess I just don't see how you could think that God is truly in Hell. God places people in Hell because they do not believe in Jesus Christ or Him, and if he created Jesus Christ obviously he knows him. My goodness, of course God isn't in Hell! What do you think, the Bible is lying?  

Noctis_Crucis

ShakouMari-na

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:15 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor

It's kinda weird.

I AM NOW QUOTING YOU! " God is like duct tape, He holds the universe together." xDD That's perfect.

And really, I've never thought that through before... I was always under the impression that God WASN'T there, that's why it was such a horrible place.
But God created everything......so he's gotta be in everything too, right? Very interesting, never thought about that before.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:24 pm
Noctis_Crucis
Omgoodness, why would you think such a thing! God made Heaven, and he is in heaven. I guess I just don't see how you could think that God is truly in Hell. God places people in Hell because they do not believe in Jesus Christ or Him, and if he created Jesus Christ obviously he knows him. My goodness, of course God isn't in Hell! What do you think, the Bible is lying?

Well, I'm not sure that we can actually be quite so emphatic about it. To be sure whether or not God is in hell, we'd first have to know whether or not God is omnipresent (and, if he is omnipresent, what, exactly, the nature of that omnipresence is), and then we'd have to figure out what exactly we're referring to when we say 'hell', since we could be talking about three different places (Tartarus, Gehenna, and Hades/Sheol) when we say 'hell'. I'd say that there's certainly a good possibility that God is, in one way or another, in hell. Of course, there's also a possibility that he's not. Regardless, it's an issue worth exploring, not just settling arbitrarily.  

Tarrou

akuma6969

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:52 pm
darkness means without light. but god exists everywhere, does that mean hell exists? yes hell exists, but knowing that hell exists (because darkness and light exist), maybe people there don't know god or reject god and that is why god doesn't exist in hell?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:41 am
You know... I never thought about it... I... Hm... Good question...  

MokieMorty

Theopneustos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:52 am
Well, let's see what the Bible has to say.

Psalm 139:8 "If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths*, you are there."

2 Thessalonians 1:9 "They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power."

Contradiction? I'll let you decide.

*KJV, if I make my bed in hell, behold thou art there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:22 am
Yes, God is in hell. People in hell are deprived of experiencing the presence of God.
Here's an example of what I mean:
Some infants are born with a heart defect that causes their blood to flow from one side of the heart to another, instead of to the lungs. Because of this, they are deprived of oxygen. The oxygen is there, they just aren't getting it.
Does that make sense?  

Dabogrl

Distrustful Lunatic

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:36 pm
Dabogrl
Yes, God is in hell. People in hell are deprived of experiencing the presence of God.
Here's an example of what I mean:
Some infants are born with a heart defect that causes their blood to flow from one side of the heart to another, instead of to the lungs. Because of this, they are deprived of oxygen. The oxygen is there, they just aren't getting it.
Does that make sense?

This is a good analogy. God is there, people just can't experiance Him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:48 pm
I will attempt to post here one more time, but come twenty thousand gold, I may not be around anymore.

No, God cannot be in Hell, and here's my backup. God cannot be in the presence of sin. Notice how he turned away from Jesus when he bore the sins of the world. Don't argue me saying he can be because he bore the sin. Also don't ask me how God could have bore the sins and then not be in Hell. I don't undersand that, but what I do understand is that Hell will be deprived of God. People there will be longing for his presence, and they will never get it because he will not be there.

There I've made my darn point, but no matter what, I know Cometh and Sinner would try to make me wrong, but I've said what I've said. I've clearly highlighted that I have backup to my statement. That means nobody can say I didn't provide any. Even then, I've made my point, and so still, why would this be a concern to us Christians? We know God is in Heaven, and since Christians have accepted Jesus as their Saviour, we'll spend eternity with him, so there.

I wouldn't mind seeing more debate on issues that matter, such as the tongues one we have going on; but these on elements that would never concern us Christians, such as atheism and this, are not very constructive debate.

There, I've said what I've said, and I just might not open this thread again.

Theopneustos
2 Thessalonians 1:9 "They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power."

There you go. What more do you need to say that God is not in Hell.

Dabogrl
Does that make sense?

In relation to God being in Hell, no.  

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out