Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES
Write me a Greek Myth! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 am
Okay, here's what I want you all to do. Write me a new Greek Myth (based on the old characters) or a fresh new retelling of an old myth. Entertain me! And here are the rules:

1.) You may write up to three stories. They must have titles.
2.) They must be three pages or less.
3.) Do not use old-fashioned language unless absolutely necessary. It irks me when people use old language to convey the message that the gods are old.
4.) First person narratives are allowed.
5.) Keep Greek-Roman consistencies.

Have fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
erm... i wrote a greek myth... its my own story though...not one of the originals. i think you said you were interested though.  

raeflower

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:43 am
raeflower
erm... i wrote a greek myth... its my own story though...not one of the originals. i think you said you were interested though.

Yes, I did. I haven't read it yet, though. Does this mean you want to submit it?Because if you do, it has to meet all the requirements...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:51 pm
White Queen Amata
raeflower

Yes, I did. I haven't read it yet, though. Does this mean you want to submit it?Because if you do, it has to meet all the requirements...

no, not that one. but i'm thinking of submitting another one. *reads requiremends. Yes...Maybe.... I'll let you know.  

raeflower

raeflower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:53 pm
aurg!!! too long. sorry. i like long stories....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 pm
Hey Amata maybe you should lengthen how long the story can be. Speaking of that. DO you want me to send you the side story I wrote to number 1 on our list?  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 am
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Hey Amata maybe you should lengthen how long the story can be. Speaking of that. DO you want me to send you the side story I wrote to number 1 on our list?

Okay...lengthened. And yes, send me it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:06 pm
Ok now I actually have a reason to get up off my lazy backside and finish typing the story onto the computer. At the moment it's only got the 1st page typed. I need to pull it out of my truck and finish writing it so I can send it to you.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

NekoMimi916

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:30 pm
yayerz!!!!!!!
I'm writing the myth of Hades and Persephone as it happened in my manga, Godz Today. Everyone believes Demeter while hating poor Hades guts. That's all I'm sayin. But!!!! It's looooong!!!!!! I'll need to shorten it....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:41 am
NekoMimi916
yayerz!!!!!!!
I'm writing the myth of Hades and Persephone as it happened in my manga, Godz Today. Everyone believes Demeter while hating poor Hades guts. That's all I'm sayin. But!!!! It's looooong!!!!!! I'll need to shorten it....

You know what? It's okay now. Make the story as long as you want, but just not ridiculously long.  

White Queen Amata

NekoMimi916

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:11 am
ah! thankies!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:55 pm
Awesome!

A few questions: is this a contest? When is the deadline? What are the prizes, if any?

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:13 pm
GreenInkling
Awesome!

A few questions: is this a contest? When is the deadline? What are the prizes, if any?

This is not a contest, it's just because I want to read some new myths and/or new versions of myths. There was originally no deadline, but now that you mention it...by the end of this year, 2009. That's not as long as you think. And I wasn't planning on prizes, but if you really want them, then...no higher than 1000 gold please.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 am
White Queen Amata
GreenInkling
Awesome!

This is not a contest, it's just because I want to read some new myths and/or new versions of myths. There was originally no deadline, but now that you mention it...by the end of this year, 2009. That's not as long as you think. And I wasn't planning on prizes, but if you really want them, then...no higher than 1000 gold please.

Oh, I was just wondering! I see all these things I want to do but try to get the deadlines from the outset so I'll know if I can do them.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas