Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 09. Chatterbox [Lounge]
Rate the Avatar Above You//____ ALG Edition! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New Poll
  09/09/09
View Results

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:56 am
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:57 am
So, I'm sure you all know what to do here, right? Basically, you rate the avatar of the person who posted before you. Very simple! Just rate them on a 0-10 scale, and possibly give some tips or a tasteful critique. That simple!

There are a few rules however:

1. When you are judging someone's avatar, be polite! If you give someone a low rating, give an explanation for your thoughts, and possibly give some tips. Giving a low score with no explanation comes off as very rude. If you are rude or insult anyone, you may be pooplisted, asked to leave, or asked to take a break.

2. Follow the ALG Rules.

3. If you disagree with someone's critique of your avatar and decide to argue or fight with them over it, you will be asked to leave. Remember, everyone has different taste, and not everyone has to like yours. You may give an explanation for why you dress your avatar a certain way in response to a rating. But please do not start an argument. Doing so will result in a warning and you may be asked to leave or take a break. Remember, you MUST include a rating for the person above you EVERY time you post!

4. If you are posting here, you are asking for your avatar to be judged. And like I have said before, because you are asking for this opinion, do not be offended if you do not hear what you wanted to hear. Be fair, and do not be biased. Just because someone gave you a poor score does not mean you have to do the same to them. It's not fair. If you are going to give someone a bad rating just because he or she gave you a low score, I suggest you don't. Everyone deserves a fair rating. Wait until someone else judges him or her and just critique the next person instead. If you are found to be doing this, you may be asked to leave or pooplisted.

5. Read the tips section below!

6. Please rate the person above you if you post here. It is not fair for someone if they post and do not receive a rating because the person below them did not give one.

Having a bad attitude in general may result in you being asked to leave. If you have nothing nice to say, do not post anything.

The format for this thread was created by Ezra-tan and Siberia, for use in the GGBBG, GGG, TMG, and ALG.  

Ezra-tan

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:58 am
Tips on Judging and Creating an Avatar

The main idea of making a nice avatar is to have a sense of style and to know your colors as well as how to match correctly. An avatar can aslo be judged on having a good or creative theme.

Here is a GREAT guide on making an amazing avatar; If you are interested, take the time to read it:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/avatar-making-guide/t.28682173/

- If you don't know; voting should be done on a 0-10 scale. Lowest being the worst, highest the best.

- Look for a pattern in the outfit. For instance, a "gold, blue, and black outfit" it will go "Gold, black, blue, gold, black, blue." With accents here and there. To know how to match colors nicely will be key to creating an eye catching avatar.

- Some people have different senses of style, you don't have to match to look good but to look good it's not a good idea to have random things all over you. Don't get butt hurt if someone gives you a "3/10"

- No one is here to judge you on how horrible your taste is so don't sweat it. Come here for suggestions as well as a rate. There are people who know what would go perfect with your avi when you don't.

- Lol, sorry for writing so much crap. It's helpful... really. xD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 am
Pooplist

This is where rude people and people who do not follow the rules go. You will be put on this list so everyone can see your shameful behavior. ~slaps wrist~ Naughty!

~
If you are on this list, it is because your behavior was disgustingly rude or out of hand. You are not allowed to post in this topic. You will be reported if you do.
~

Ezra-tan

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 am
User Image

OPEN! heart

>> ♥ << Visit my art gallery! >> ♥ <<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:17 am

I always love your outfits
9/10

Miss Gaytastic

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 am
9/10
Lurveeeeee.

I just wish those eyes didn't look so pixely because otherwise they'd be fantastic. Lazy Gaia.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:42 am
scary,but really good

especially with those eyes and that hair combo  

reddelsaber

Sexy Vampire

18,025 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Ezra-tan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:31 pm
User Image

Make sure you give a rating on a scale of 0-10.

I give you an 8/10. The top seems a little unbalanced from the rest of the avatar, color wise.

>> ♥ << Visit my art gallery! >> ♥ <<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 pm
-9/10-

Love your avatar, the outfit just pops out at me and how the gold matches, but I'm not too sure with the blue tattoos with the off-white/pale blue items.

accountclosedbyebye

ArsenicAttitude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 pm
9/10

I like the color scheme of blue and black, but the only thing I don't like is the white gloves.
Other than that it's really good.
:3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 pm
6.5/10...interesting but nothing special...  

Princess Moonbutt

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

jax is in love

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:56 pm
7/10  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm
3/10
There's nothing cohesive on the avatar, but I like the dragon. :3  

psychoslaphead

Toothsome Wyvern

8,565 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200

ArsenicAttitude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:12 pm
9/10

I like how you have a theme with your avi.
The thing on your head doesn't really match with the rest of the outfit.

09. Chatterbox [Lounge]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff