Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]
Paranormal Help and Chat Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Got a question about the paranormal? Need help getting rid of a bothersome spirit? Then you've come to the right place!

(The only rule for this thread: Do NOT ask/tell how to summon demons or other such entities).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:01 pm
Are spirits with um, not nice intent more active during the summer? Or do people just notice them better?  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 pm
BASH has something to say!

Is there a specific way to banish shadow people?

That will be all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:17 pm
Beautiful Propaganda
Are spirits with um, not nice intent more active during the summer? Or do people just notice them better?

I've never heard that one before. That's a very interesting question...I think I'll do a little research on it. smile  

dark_angel_32189

Mika Lockheart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:42 am
Beautiful Propaganda

I don't think they're necessarily more active. I think perhaps we might notice them better but, this is a very interesting question. I think they're as active as they always are but maybe the bustle of summer makes them more prone to emit their energies so we happen to notice them easier.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 pm
KillerQueen Bash

That will be all.

What exactly is a shadow person? sweatdrop  

dark_angel_32189

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:03 am
dark_angel_32189
KillerQueen Bash

That will be all.

What exactly is a shadow person? sweatdrop

A Shadow Person is a kind of ghost(or 'demon', depending on who you ask) that... well... looks like a shadow. Living nearby Waverly Hills Sanatorium , I hear about shadow people all the time.
As for Bash's question, I'm not really sure if there is a specific way to banish shadow people. I would suggest making your own spell clearly stating what you want(or rather, don't want) and match it with some purifying herbs like Sage and Lavender.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 pm
Actually, I have a friend who is having s situation kind of like a movie lol.

I don't know all the details, but from what I know, there have been at least four paranormal instances within the start of the summer. It started when she was sitting on her bed, reading a book with her lap dog laying with her. All of a sudden the dog started freaking out and jumped down under the bed. My friend goes down and picks her up and asks her what's wrong and in her dog's eyes, she sees the reflection of a dark shadow reaching out to her. When she turned around no one was there.

The next thing came around while she was home alone and watchign T.V. Her family has a roomate who locks her room when she's not around. Well My friend was watching T.V. and she hears a door creek. All of the other doors are blocked open so that air can circulate because their AC doesn't work and her's is the only one that creeks because it's closed so much. So she goes to look and it's slightly ajar, but she kind of shrugs it off as her roomate forgetting to lock her door. So a while later the roomate gets home and my friend tells her that she forgot to lock her room, and she replys that she definitely locked it, she goes to look and the door was closed and locked.

The third incident was when she was getting off of the computer. She was shutting things down when on her speakers she heard a rythmic, deep chanting, it was majorly indiscriminent, but she could make out the name Beelzebub in there. She assumed it was some ad online, so she shut down the internet, and it was still playing, then she thoguht of itunes, and shut that down, still played. She shut down everythign even turned off the speakers and it was still playing. It got louder and more beast like and it got to the point where her family all came into the computer room and told her to shut it off. Only then did it actually stop.

The fourth time was actually while I was talking with her on MSN. We somehow got onto the topic of Demons and She was asking the names of the demons of the Seven Deadly Sins, we got to greed and I said Mammon and was talkign about him. And I made a joke abotu how he's a lonely old man hoarding his stash. Then all of a sudden she hears a noise on her patio, no one there. Then her T.V. screen turns off, but there's still sound and everything, it just went unresponsive. Then After she tells me what's going on I say a quick prayer telling the thing to leave them alone, then a few mintes later she tells me that the T.V. came back on.

That's all for now, I told her a little mantal spell to ward off negativity, and I keep offering her sage, but she has rosaries and other holy items and it's not really threatening, just trying to assert itself as powerful.

Hibou et loup

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:51 pm
KillerQueen Bash

That will be all.

Well with my expeierances,

Shadow people are ususaly one of these things.

1. A Thought-Form created by repression, like something of yourself.
( I used to have a shadow thing like that that would come out of my closet and make darkshows on my walls. Creepy as hell. A simple affirmnation of thier leaving can work, but ultimately one must acccept the repressed item.)

2. An etheric entity that is a person( term used lightly). Yeah. Put up a shield, or in my taste, something enchanted to make me ad my area unpleasant to it.

3. Halucenations. ( because it's best to have a little skeptisism.)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am
Hibou et loup
Actually, I have a friend who is having s situation kind of like a movie lol.

I don't know all the details, but from what I know, there have been at least four paranormal instances within the start of the summer. It started when she was sitting on her bed, reading a book with her lap dog laying with her. All of a sudden the dog started freaking out and jumped down under the bed. My friend goes down and picks her up and asks her what's wrong and in her dog's eyes, she sees the reflection of a dark shadow reaching out to her. When she turned around no one was there.

The next thing came around while she was home alone and watchign T.V. Her family has a roomate who locks her room when she's not around. Well My friend was watching T.V. and she hears a door creek. All of the other doors are blocked open so that air can circulate because their AC doesn't work and her's is the only one that creeks because it's closed so much. So she goes to look and it's slightly ajar, but she kind of shrugs it off as her roomate forgetting to lock her door. So a while later the roomate gets home and my friend tells her that she forgot to lock her room, and she replys that she definitely locked it, she goes to look and the door was closed and locked.

The third incident was when she was getting off of the computer. She was shutting things down when on her speakers she heard a rythmic, deep chanting, it was majorly indiscriminent, but she could make out the name Beelzebub in there. She assumed it was some ad online, so she shut down the internet, and it was still playing, then she thoguht of itunes, and shut that down, still played. She shut down everythign even turned off the speakers and it was still playing. It got louder and more beast like and it got to the point where her family all came into the computer room and told her to shut it off. Only then did it actually stop.

The fourth time was actually while I was talking with her on MSN. We somehow got onto the topic of Demons and She was asking the names of the demons of the Seven Deadly Sins, we got to greed and I said Mammon and was talkign about him. And I made a joke abotu how he's a lonely old man hoarding his stash. Then all of a sudden she hears a noise on her patio, no one there. Then her T.V. screen turns off, but there's still sound and everything, it just went unresponsive. Then After she tells me what's going on I say a quick prayer telling the thing to leave them alone, then a few mintes later she tells me that the T.V. came back on.

That's all for now, I told her a little mantal spell to ward off negativity, and I keep offering her sage, but she has rosaries and other holy items and it's not really threatening, just trying to assert itself as powerful.

It sounds (quite obviously) that your friend has a demon in her house. It may not be threatening now, but after it finishes asserting it's presence, it's gonna become scary fast. If she refuses a house sageing, then my next piece of advice would be to tell her to get a house blessing from her local clergyman (or other religious authority, I assumed she was christian from your post)

And to Bash, unless they are unusually persistent shadow people a simple house cleansing should work. Just sage the house and consicrate it with some blessed salt water and you should be fine. If they persist after the cleansing it could be one of two things:
1) They are caused by negative energy being brought into the house and you need to find were that's coming in and stem the flow (stopping a bad habit, kicking an addiction, avoiding fights with other household members, etc.)
2) They are a demon or some other entity that is discising it self as a shadow person. In this case you need to banish it.

@ Beautiful Propaganda
The spirit activity isn't caused by summer itself. I can see it as two possible things.
1) Ghosts like night time and in the summer you stay up later, thus witnessing more activity.
2) A lot of people are lazy in the summer, and the energy that they usually give off with their positive actions begins to stagnate, which is perfect energy for negative entities to feed off of.  

UN NEZ

Fashionable Exhibitionist

Blood Saga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:41 pm
Um...has anyone ever had a Spirit steal some of their food? Because today at dinner a Spirit took my pizza crust...

We knew we had a Spirit in our house but normally it doesn't do much so we figured it was just having trouble manifesting itself (which we didn't mind). Today we lit some incense before dinner and my pizza crust just disappeared. I can't explain it, I looked everywhere. There is no way anything could have happened to it, it just vanished. I don't know what to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:13 pm
Ummmm, I'm not sure if it's that much of a problem but... If your worried about your food you could always give thanks for it and consicrate it to nurish your body before every meal. That should stop any thing from stealing it, and it's just a nice thing to do anyway. And if it starts doing more than eating your pizza's, post for more help? Once you figure out the spirits intentions I recommend you post back and get more advice as neccisary.  

UN NEZ

Fashionable Exhibitionist

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:22 am
Blood Saga
Um...has anyone ever had a Spirit steal some of their food? Because today at dinner a Spirit took my pizza crust...

We knew we had a Spirit in our house but normally it doesn't do much so we figured it was just having trouble manifesting itself (which we didn't mind). Today we lit some incense before dinner and my pizza crust just disappeared. I can't explain it, I looked everywhere. There is no way anything could have happened to it, it just vanished. I don't know what to do.

ROFLCOPTER rofl
A Pizza Crust?!
That is WIN!
Anyway, My best freind has noted a shadow person being in her house.
She first took notice to it when her boyfriend's little sister saw it, flat out. (it had glowing red/pink eyes, was as tall as the ceiling and wore a big hat.)
Then she noticed that there was random scratches appearing on her legs overniht, she brished it off, as bug bites and scratching them in her sleep.
When I was over there I could catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye.
It didn't seem to want to harm us.
We used my pendulum to communicate with it and it seems like it's trapped there, for whatever reason, and it wants to leave.
The lights flicker a lot at that house too, randomly, and it also mainly lurks in my friend's room.
My hypothesis is mabye the shadow person was a human, and he was electrocuted, and is bound to that house because he died.
I would personally suggest a purifying spell, and I think flat-out banishing might be fairly rude, as to the spirit seems trapped there, it can't really leave at will. I want to find the cause of it's being traped there to help it free itself.
Only problem is her mom is a VERY obsessive christian and won't "allow" any of that sort of "stuff" in her house.
*twitches* Mabye I should try the ribbon divination I saw in the guild newsletter for (last month, i think). Mabye that could help.

Any other ideas?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:53 pm
Melancholy of an Angel
Ummmm, I'm not sure if it's that much of a problem but... If your worried about your food you could always give thanks for it and consicrate it to nurish your body before every meal. That should stop any thing from stealing it, and it's just a nice thing to do anyway. And if it starts doing more than eating your pizza's, post for more help? Once you figure out the spirits intentions I recommend you post back and get more advice as neccisary.

I think its intention is that it's hungry. But I'll post again when I know more.  

Blood Saga

Ich bin Q

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:26 am
don't get any big ideas, they're not going to happen...
Shadow people just get a bad rap, IMHO. They don't need to be banished... they will generally just leave after a while (that night... a month or so... whatevs). They're just curious about their "inferiors", and will leave once they're sufficiently bored.

They do bring a creepy as hell feeling with them whenever they're around, but that's about as bad as it ever gets. I've never known a shadow to attack. So all one really needs to do when faced with a shadow is to steady themselves, shield themselves from the shadow's ambient energy, and ignore it. Just do it as casually as possible...
...you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking.

The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games