midnight_medea
User Image

Dusk, the woman stood at the edge of the graveyard watching the colours fade in the murky sky. From the corner of her eye she watched the festivities, shops, acrobats … music. This festival was not at all how she had imagined. There was so much colour, music, happiness. She smiled as the lights flickered to life and flexed her wings. At leas she seemed to have dressed appropriately in the one dress she had left aside from Echo’s one that she had been wearing on her Quest.

It was the one that she had, had made in Baadris, a long skirt of deep purple colours and glass beading and a choli to match, intricate designs patterning the edges. It seemed to fit with the theme of light and colours. She shifted on her feet a little and turned fully to watch the festivities. She felt a little silly sending that message, though, if it was the only way she was going to be able to find people then it wasn’t silly. She really did need to talk to him … tell him about the things she and Mal had discussed. She sighed and took to watching the jugglers as they performed across the way.

Zero Dream
User ImageIt was almost time, now. They'd gathered as much as they could, and managed to at least work out something that could resemble a festival. The sound of the bell he'd managed to make ring with Echo's boys earlier had already led the curious closer and closer, some even starting to mingle already.

Now he could only hope the electricity would be enough to make the lights work...

He tilted his head toward his brother to say something, but was interrupted by something black passing in the side of his vision. A crow, he noticed. To others, crows where all alike, but not for him. He knew exactly who that crow was.

"Fin ?" He breathed out, raising his arm to let the bird perch as she let the note she was carrying drop down in his awaiting palm.

Quote:
Ankou,

I hope this finds you well and that your quest did not put you in danger. I write to tell you that we have returned from Baadris safely. We have followers and Lotuses. I searched for you when we returned but could not find any who knew you or your whereabouts. Nor Echo and Nergal though I see they have returned safe. I am glad and will look again.

I wish to thank you for your kindness and your help. I have a gift and I would rather give it to you in person. I see there will be a festival for the dead, a good event in desperate times. Would you like to meet there? I will not keep you long if you have duties to attend to.

You may reply by Infinity … or … I will wait on the edge of the graveyard for a while.

I hope to see you,

Cosine.

The note found its way in his pockets and his now free hand went to ruffle Infinity's feathers gently before he looked up once more, mostly ignoring the curious look Nergal was giving him. "Ill be right back."

With only this for explaination, he turned and left just as the colorful lights flickered to life. The graveyard was, thankfully, only a few minutes of a walk, and he stopped at the edge, a few meters away from her. She was there... she was really there. She had waited.

...And he also couldn't help but notice how breathtaking she looked. He only finally moved when he noticed he was staring.

"Cosine." The god spoke softly, hoping not to startle her.

midnight_medea
User Image

The flap of wings above drew Cosine's attention from the festival. Infinity was back, and now she was nervous. As the soft voice drifted to her ears she took a breath and turned with a small smile. She felt her stomach flip as she saw him and she was not entirely sure why.

Stupid feelings.

"Ankou." She said in return, suddenly feeling rather tongue tied, she could have gotten Infinity to give him the gift.

Coward ... a familiar voice poked in from somewhere.

"It's good to see you in one piece." I was scared I would not see you at all.

Zero Dream
User Image"Trust me, it is likewise. I..."

Why was it so hard to speak, all of sudden ? What was... this strange feeling ?

"I am glad to see you well." After a moment he managed to let something out, but it hadn't exactly been what he had meant, through the look in his eyes was unmistakable.

The night hell had felt, the night he had given everything he had to keep both links whole, all he had ultimately thought about was her.

"I... am sorry to have kept you waiting." A small smile came to his face. "I did not really get much respite since I came back. That brother of mine has dragged me in quite a few directions already, this being the one that held my attention for the last few weeks. I think he forgets that some of us actually sleep, with how much work this wound up to be." He was complaining, yes, but the smile was not leaving his face.

Ultimately, he was glad. However, when the matters switched, he found himself hesitating once more, the words no longer coming as easy when the matter went back to her. "I am glad that you came. I was.... hoping that you would." If simply because it would mean that she was allright... which she was. The god seemed to become increasingly aware of how stupid he must be sounding at the moment.

midnight_medea
User ImageCosine, who was also having an attack of stupid, bit her lip in the silence that seemed to be bursting with unspoken thoughts and smiled as he finally spoke. Telling her of his distractions since he had returned.
"Nergal. I have been looking for him, Echo too. Though I too have been busy. We managed to save many from Baadris. Thanks to you and the door." She nodded and fell into another awkward silence, she wanted to say something, but was not sure how. They barely knew each other ... though it did not seem that way.

"I ... I got you something. In return for this." A pale hand reached up to touch the charm that she had not taken off since he placed it in her hair. She reached into a bag she carried and pulled out something wrapped in cloth.

User Image

She had brought it on that first day in the market. Tribal jewelry made by Isra's people.
"They, those who made it. They said it would protect the wearer."

Zero Dream
User Image"You didn't have to..." He did honestly look surprised that, in despite of everything, she still took the time to think about him. The mention of protection made him smile. "I guess we all need a bit of that, especially right now."

He ran one finger on the smooth glass pieces, as words seemed to escape him once more. "Thank you." He took the time to slip it on his neck before continuing. "They're here, tonight. It was a very... last second kind of thing so we're a bit out of the loop. The kids arn't really helping." He grinned. "Sometimes I wish there was an "off" setting on them, especially the oldest, so we could stop running after him..."

midnight_medea
User Image"I know, I wanted to." She said, a light blush colouring her cheeks as she glanced away for a moment. She wanted to say something more again but it stuck in her throat.

This was pathetic, she decided. She had travelled to another world, been held hostage by a sultan, converted masses and fought demons ... now she was unable to talk to a friend. A morph, like herself. She breathed in and smiled as he spoke of Echo and Nergal, and children.

"They are born? I missed so much." She said softly, turning her eyes back to his. "Where are they staying? I went to the house but ... it was nothing but a ruin."

Zero Dream
User Image"Yes... things got pretty bad. A lot of buildings have collapsed." Ankou sighed. "What the aoidei could get out was relocated to my rooms... it is the safest place right now, expecially keeping the children in mind." With the change of subject, the awkwardness thankfully receded a bit. It was all rather confusing to the Spirit Guide, this feeling he could not quite identify, no matter how hard he tried.

"You've... found some place to stay, right ? Somewhere safe ?" And there he went again.

midnight_medea
User Image"Yes, um though it is not quite ideal." She smiled a little and looked down at her hands for a moment. She felt like she was intruding on the family she stayed with and she wanted to be with her own very much.
"I think I would much prefer it if I could sleep with you." She blinked as she realised what she had said and raised her hands, bright, tomato red climbing from her feet up. "Sorry, no, I didn't mean that. Stay, stay with you and Nergal and Echo and ... " She trailed off and placed her hand over her face as if that might make her invisible. Smoooth, she thought, so smooth. "The end of the world might be nice, right about now." She mumbled.

Zero Dream
User ImageAnkou was dence in certain matters, perhaps, but he was quite certainly not THAT dence, and therefore his reaction was pretty similar, with his face taking a hue much brighter than most of his hairs. "Ah, hm, yes, yes, of course... I do warn you, it is pretty crowded... But ill make space if it won't make itself. Ill make it work."

"And you..." He glared up at a bare, dead tree to their left.. "Will stop laughing right this second. I did hear that, Fin."

midnight_medea
User Image

Only when she felt the redness start to subside and she knew he wasn't angry did she remove her hands from her face, looking down at the ashen floor for a moment and then, after his chiding of Fin did she look up.
"Sorry." She murmered. "That, would be nice, though. Thank you." The goddess breathed deeply and tried to think of a way to salvage things. "So, will you show me around this event that you and your brother have put on. I am intrigued."

Zero Dream
User ImageThat was probably just a slip. The god gave a somewhat confused glance back to the goddess. That, or it was a joke and he'd totally missed it, but why would she be so embarrassed then ?

Really, this was making his head hurt.

"It's allright." He did manage to smile, through, and then, after a few seconds of awkward hesitation, held out his hand for her to take.

It was dark, after all. Of course. Yes.

Couldn't have her trip on tombstones or anything of the sort.

"Ill show you around. It isn't much, but considering the situation we're in, we did manage quite alot in a short laps of time and resources." There was no shortage of pride in his voice. "I still don't know how Ishum found those jugglers..."

midnight_medea
Cosine smiled as it seemed he was going to forgive her the slip. Probably pretending she had not said such a thing to him. She looked to the floor again for a moment and then to his hand as he offered it.
"I think it looks wonderful." she said as she slipped her hand into his and started to walk with him. "After all that has happened it makes things feel lighter, as if it is not so bad after all." His words about Ishum made her laugh. "I think, with Ishum it is best not to ask."

Zero Dream
User ImageHis blush did return slightly as she actually took his hand, but as darkness was starting to take over, it was a bit harder to notice.

"That is what we tried to do... I guess. Well, I don't think this was especially what Nergal had in mind... But I think it's worked out nicely. Everyone got pretty involved and got really into it. And... You've got a point there." He laughed at her last comment.

midnight_medea
User Image

She laughed as he spoke of Nergal and nodded.
"I can imagine, though I think he should be proud, we all need a break, some fun, laughter. I learned that in Baadris." A small smile crossed her lips in the darkness as they walked through the dimly lit graveyard. "Your journey, was it difficult? I am glad I did not know you had gone. I would have worried."

Zero Dream
User Image"It... could have been worse, I figure. I had others with me, thankfully." He did not mention that he probably would not have been able to go through it if he had gone alone. There was no use worrying her...

"There is no need to worry about me. Really. I have dealt with demons before..." Had anyone ever worried about him before ? So openly ? He had no idea. It felt rather... odd.

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine, nodded, she knew how that felt. She would have had no idea what to do when they were carted off by the sultan's guards if Lisana had not been there.
"I delt with demons too, it was ... exhillerating." She grinned up at him and moved a little closer so she could slip her hand from his and instead link arms. That felt better, safer, especially with all the spirits floating around them. She could see the numbers, there were more than there should be.
"Oh, and speaking of assignments. I have news for you, and Nergal if we run into him this evening. If not would you pass it on to him?"

Zero Dream
User ImageHe felt her come closer, and he blushed again - thankfully the darkness hid that quite well. It was a bit unexpected, but...

For some reason, he didn't mind. It felt... right. Most of the time having people too close irked him, but not her.

"We will probably run into him, but I will let he know if we don't, for some reason."

midnight_medea
User Image

"I hope so. I have not seen him in so long. Since he returned to us." She smiled and took in the different stalls as they drew closer to them. There seemed to be games and interesting things for sale.
"There will be a ritual. Something that was predicted by the fate stones. He is needed. We are all needed, you too. So um, tell everyone you see. A week from today in the throne room."

Zero Dream
User Image"A ritual ?" He tilted his head to look at her, his curiosity definitively having been piqued now. "What kind of ritual ? Does it have anything to do with those lotuses I keep hearing about ?"

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine shook her head and looked away for a moment. She didn't actually ask what they would be doing.
"Um, I do not think so. The lotuses have been laid before the throne. This is something written in fate. A ritual which will open the pod and hopefully revive our lord."

She unconsciously hugged his arm a little tighter at those words.
"It could bring an end to this. Though I am not sure what it entails. Maybe we will learn next week?"

Zero Dream
User Image"Oh, you meant the one fortold by the fatestones ?" He had gotten a bit confused there, for a moment. "I had read about that... Was hoping some specifics would pop up. I have wanted to ask Tian Yue about it... but I have seen neither hair or scale of him lately." His expression creased into a frown. What if...

...No, of course not. A dragon king, of all of them, would be alright. It would take much more than demons to stop the worldsheild. "We may have to figure it out on our owns..."

His eyes softened a bit when she felt her cling tighter. "We'll figure it out. We have to." That sounded hardly reassuring to him, but he at least had to try.

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine laughed and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.
"That is what I said ... was it not?" her eyes found the booths that offered different games and objects, she urged him towards them so that she could take a closer look. It was all a little like the market at Baadris.
"Yes, this is true. I shall have to think on how I might contribute. One thing I think I know now ... I have some power to cause ... happiness?" A smirk appeared on her red lips as she reached for a wooden doll to inspect it a little closer. "Strange don't you think. I am not Laughter."

Zero Dream
User Image"Then, you must forgive me - I've never been the brightest crayon in the box, expecially when matched with someone such as you.." He winked, then turned his attention to the small wooden dolls himself.

"Well... You do make me happy, at the very least. Why would you need to be an influence like Laughter to be able to make people smile ?" There was a bit of silence, as if it had occurred to him that he was probably sounding like an idiot once more, before he finally spoke once more. "Any of them strike your fancy ?"

midnight_medea
User Image
"You sell yourself short. IQ is not everything." She grinned back, placing the doll down and reaching for a brightly coloured skull. How macabre. As he said she made him happy she turned to look at him in the dim light and smiled. No one had ever said that to her before. in fact she would not have thought herself capable of it.
"Really? Well, you make me happy too. I am glad you came, I was thinking, when I was in Baadris how easy I found your company and wanted to get to know you better." She placed the skull down and moved back to the doll. "I like these, they're rather sweet. Do they have meaning?"

Zero Dream
User Image"Really ? Then, I am glad." He smiled at her before returning his attention to the dolls. "These are Kokeshi dolls, I believe... You see, they've explained almost all of this to me and I've already forgotten most of it." Ankou let out a nervous look - he really wasn't looking very bright right now, was he ? "I think they where originally Japanese customs."

midnight_medea
User Image

"Kokeshi." She let the word play on her lips for a few moments as she picked up one of a different colour. At his admission she squeezed his arm lightly and smiled. In recent times such things were not the most important to have on one's mind.
"Lien might have known these. i believe she lived there for a time."

She placed it down and reached for a bag. There must be something she could use to barter with in there.
"I am torn though, the urns are rather interesting too, if a little creepy."

Zero Dream
User Image"It is very likely that spirits might have taken residence in them." Ankou peered a little closer. "It is not uncommon, and right now, the only defense mechanism that they really do have against the demons that are running wild... Some may feel haunted, but I doubt that they are truly dangerous."

Especially not with him around, if they knew what was good for them.

midnight_medea
User Image

"Oh." She said softly, suddenly feeling sorry for the spirits that had to hide. They were so helpless especially with no Underworld to shelter them. Something inside her wanted to buy themall so that she could find some way to keep them safe but she knew that was not possible.
"Then maybe I will get both. Helping two is better than none at all." She turned her eyes back up to his. "Would you like one? I will barter with enough to cover another I think."

Zero Dream
User ImageThe subjection seemed to catch him by surprise a little, but eventually he nodded. "If you do not mind..." There where already many hiding off in his and Nergal's presence, as the Numbers goddess would probably soon realize, but... a few more wouldn't hurt, right ?

And, after all, not only was it mostly Nergal that brought (or rather, drew) them here, he was also the one to mostly have to deal with them, beside the odd few non-dead spirit beings that joined the fray. He could do so, as well, but he did not constantly see them.

The thought just made him smile a bit. The more where safe, the better the two of them would feel as a result.

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine smirked and handed over a rather sparkly bracelet as payment for two dolls and an urn. She quite enjoyed bartering, it was a mental game of numbers as opposed to a verbal one deciding what one item was worth against the next.

She smiled as the woman running the stall placed the three items into a cloth bag and took it.
"Pot luck." She said, reaching into the bag and pulling out the first item that her fingers touched. It was one of the dolls, she smirked and handed it to him. "Here, unless you think a doll would insult your masculinity." She shrug and gave him a teasing look.

Zero Dream
User ImageHe stared at the doll for a moment, then smirked in return. "I do believe I am confident enough in my masculinity to handle the affront with grace and elegance." His expression then shifted into a fake-pout. "Or, wait, are those feminine traits ? Oh, drat. I hope you realize this doll's now gonna haunt me for all eternity, in more ways than one." It was hard to keep a straight face as he went on, but somehow he mostly managed to do so.

He took the offered item and ran a finger along the smooth, varnished hair. "That is, It will do so if my niece does not find it first..."

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine laughed and stepped back from the stall so that some of the other people could get a look.
"Hmm, i think they might be feminine qualities, though I'm sure you could own them." She smirked a little, glancing out to the dark graveyard, actually looking at the crowds, the living ... and those who seemed to be but she could sense that they were not.

"I'm sorry, I must be keeping you from your duties here. I'm sure Nergal will not appreciate me hoarding you."

Zero Dream
User Image"Oh, please." He shrugged. "I am sure I can absent myself a few minutes without everything blowing up. At least in theory." He winked. "We can go check, however, if you want to make sure."

Some part of him wanted this to last a little longer, to be as alone as one could be in such a crowd with her just a bit longer, but she would decide it.

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine smiled and looked through the crowds of people. She wanted to stay alone with him a little longer too. Maybe more than a little. She was having fun and she liked to talk to him, though she did not want to bore him to death with her ramblings. She was not the most facinating of goddesses she was very sure of that.
"We could. I'd like to say hello and congratulations. It seems like an age since I last saw Nergal, or anyone from the house."

Zero Dream
User Image"Well then... let us go ?" He held out his hand for her to take once more, secretly hoping that she would again - he had... rather enjoyed it, and some of his eagerness showed through. "They should all be somewhere in the center, unless they decided to go off somewhere else... It is not too far away."

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine smiled and took his hand without a thought about it. She liked the feeling of comfort and security. Touch was such a human emotion.
"Okay." She followed after him relying on him to lead her as she was still trying to take everything in as the night progressed.
"Do you feel something?" She asked, "The air ... the atmosphere, it feels like it is getting lighter as we move on."

Zero Dream
User Image"Hm.. ?" He stopped when he heard her inquiry, tilting his head to look at her, a small knowing smile taking form on his lips. "Oh, you are starting to notice ?" That was a good sign, really - at least for what Nergal had in mind. The feeling as so familiar to him, really, that he had not really taken notice.

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine looked back at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Notice?" she asked softly, glancing around once more, to the people and their surroundings. "notice what?"

Zero Dream
User ImageThe rather enigmatic smile never left his face - clearly, he knew something most did not. "You'll see. Can't let all the surprises slip out early, after all." The smile turned into a grin. He couldn't help but how long it would take for her to truly notice, after all, if one would notice that the numbers would not quite add up as time went by... it would be her.

midnight_medea
User ImageCosine smirked and watched him a moment before looking back out over the crowds of people.
"You're a tease, I hope you know that." She said, breathing the crisp night air in with a smile. "Though, this night ... the people here who do not seem to be here. They are the dead. Is this correct?"

Zero Dream
User Image"Well, at any rate, I am now aware." He grinned, stopping in his walk to turn and face her, looking very much like the cat that ate the canary. "Maybe. Maybe not."

He took that moment to simply watch her. Did she know how beautiful she was when she smiled just like that ? "All of my stupidity aside, yes. At least, that was the plan. Seems like it's starting to make an effect... Only the strongest are visible now, but perhaps later on..." Unless, of course, that brother of his over-exerted himself first.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was easy to locate them now, his brother at the very least, with his essence all spread out like this. The strange sensation of duality, of being in two places at once was still dizzying and disconcerting. For a moment he paused, fingers trailing lightly across the hairless white skin of his lower arm. He could feel his steps there, everyone's steps, like insects crawling.. 'A Place and a Person.' He felt as if on the verge of something, but something seemed still missing. The strength of this night, the flames of belief that flared up as more and more people encountered those they had believed lost forever, it was only a temporary thing. Borrowed power, for this one night. He still needed to grow more.

The low fog swirled around his bare feet, treading as silently as ever as he approached the odd .. pair. Not a couple, at least, not yet. The Lord of the Dead had never been particularly good at reading people, his own social awkwardness preventing him from ever schooling such skills, but the way his brother looked at Numbers, took her hand.. One would have to be blind not to see.

"Ankou. Lady Cosine," he spoke softly as he made his presence known, raising his voice just enough to be audible. "Good evening." He inclined his head in a polite greeting.

midnight_medea
User Image

Cosine laughed at his joking, keeping her eyes on the people that milled around the graveyard. So, they had come and there would be so many of them. She was rather sad to think about that.

She had been so engrossed in their conversation and the thoughts of the dead that she did not notice they had company. Nergal moved silently of course which did not help matters.
His voice made her jump a little. She turned to face the lord of the Underworld. Still not used to his new appearance and dominance, especially on this evening.
"Speak of the devil." She said, giving Ankou a half smirk and turning her eyes back to Nergal. "Good evening Lord Nergal. We were on our way to find you."

Zero Dream
It seemed like a little troupe had followed, using the two's conversation to cover themselves instead of truly silent approaches. Echo stood a few steps behind her lover, obviously trying hard not to giggle while holding a little girl who looked rather oddly reminiscent of what the lord of the underworld once looked like, clad in a red kimono that matched rather closely with her mother's - it was rather obvious, given how fondly she ran her fingers through the girl's long black hair to calm her.

A blind man couldn't have missed that one. On both sides, really. Oh oh oh oh, how interesting indeed.... !!!

"Hello, Cosine." Oh, it was impossible to wipe that amused grin from her face. Perhaps she should take her aside later...

And because that apparently was not quite enough, a small figure popped from behind Nergal, glancing to the side while clinging to one leg rather shyly. "Whosdat ?" The little one blinked. Unlike his sister, he seemed to pull a whole lot more from his mother. He blinked once more, then tugged on his father's sleeve. "Why's uncle Kou red ?"

He hadn't heard a thing, not one damn thing, and as such Ankou also jumped, then instantaneously reddened like a child caught with the hand in the cookie jar. Kios's mention of that very fact seemed to only make it worse. It only resulted in a somewhat failed attempt to hide it with his scarf.

Urgh, why was he acting like that ?! How embarrassing. Added to what he had actually thought about doing, it only made it all the more embarrassing.

Thabara
"The devil, am I now?" he inquired, quirking a pale white brow, which was soon followed up by another and a slightly startled expression as he became aware of his lover's and childrens' presence. He had known them close, but hadn't quite been aware just how close.

The devil.. Yes, his brother might truly view him as such right now, even though he was certainly not to blame for the rest of his family having crept up on the not-quite-yet-but-perhaps-to-be-in-the-future couple, and particularly of his son's innocent question. Had he been caught like that, way back, hand in hand with Echo, on Laughter's carnival.. He would have been mortified, probably tried to sink into the ground on the spot out of sheer embarassment. He glanced back over his shoulder at Echo, wondering if she remembered..

"I wouldn't know," he said lightly in response to his son's question, though his tone indicated otherwise. That was mostly aimed at Ankou, however, as children rarely 'got' irony. "Have we perhaps interrupted something? But no, of course not, you mentioned you were about to go looking for me." He kept his expression carefully neutral, except for his usual polite smile, but he did radiate a certain smugness. To those who knew him it was quite obvious that Underworld apparently was in good spirits - enough to be up to tease his younger brother.

"However," he added, his tone growing more serious again as he turned towards Cosine, "it is good to see you have returned safe and sound, Lady. Allow me introduce you: The little one at my side would be Akakios, our youngest. The young lady in the arms of my betrothed would be
Lacrymosa, our only daughter. I am sure our firstborn is around as well, but.. he is rather hard to get a hold of." There seemed to be a tiny bit of despair and frustration within Underworld's voice. "Crys, Kios, the lady at your uncle's side would be Cosine." He hesitated, but then decided to omit her title, as it would only cause confusion to the children. Hopefully Numbers wouldn't feel offensed. "She is.. a good friend. Be polite and greet her properly."

"Hello~!" Crys promptly chimed obediently, turning her head vaguely in Kou's and Cosine's direction. She wasn't quite sure where either of them were right now. So many unusual sounds and smells all around her, so many, many people.. It was confusing, and a little scary, and definitely disorienting. She'd never strewn far from her mother during this evening for that very reason, even though there had been times when she had felt like someone.. was calling for her. If Echo had paid attention, she certainly would have noticed her little daughter to grow quite restless whenever they passed by an actual mourning person...

"You pretty?" the young goddess added innocently. Pretty, and She-Persons seemed to go hand in hand, so much she had grasped by now. She still didnt' quite understand the concept of 'pretty', but if it was something which applied to herself, and her mommy, it definitely had to be something good.

midnight_medea
When Echo appeared Cosine was far to excited to be embarrassed. A massive grin spread over her lips and she dropped Ankou's hand so that she could move forward and hug ... yes, hug Echo and the little girl she carried.
"Echo! I missed you." She cried, looking to the little girl and the boy and then looking back at Kou with a grin. "Are these ... ?" She looked to Nergal. "Your children?" She asked, the grin still on her face. They were both too cute. "Kou told me all about them." She did not notice that she had used some form of pet name, formalities forgotten in her excitement.

The girl spoke and Cosine instantly found herself turning a little red. Well that was one hell of a question. Though, she had no idea if -she- was, her host had been and she had her face.
"Um," she said, looking at the girl's empty sockets. Most definitely Nergal's child. "Possibly. You certainly are though." She smiled warmly and stepped a little closer.
"Echo, I'm so happy you are all safe and well."

Zero Dream
"Hiii~ !" The little boy chirped, visibely a rather cheerful one, yet not quite outgoing enough to let go of his father. Curiosity would probably overcome his shyness soon, as it usually did, but not quite so yet. The mass of people was quite scary indeed, through he was getting used to it as he was going on with Ankou's "super-secret-plan", and found most of them easily wooed by smiles.

The irony went right above him, of course... But it did not mean Ankou's reactions where not amusing, and he couldn't help but giggle.

"I missed you, too." The goddess smiled, returning the hug the best she could with one arm being occupied by her lovely daughter. "I am glad that you are well... Though I had gathered such by the amount of petals tangling in my hairs each time I ventured downstairs." This was not a complain, not at all - simply something that amused her.

When Nergal looked at her rather inquisitively, she simply winked. At least Ankou wasn't running in the opposite direction... something she couldn't help but think might have crossed her lover's mind back then.

"The devil indeed." Ankou grumped a bit, but after the initial embarrassment, he seemed to handle himself rather well. "One of these days I swear... I will have to attach bells on you like I did on Echo's cats." A grin drew itself on his face, mischievous and teasing. Oh, he had started this. "And most actually wait for others to come to them. Such a bad example for the children, honestly." It was plainly evident that, beyond the initial embarrassment of being caught as he had been (and with what he had thought of doing, for a few seconds), he did not really mind. Though the pet name... did not really help, but he did nothing to correct the fact.

"Of course she is pretty." He answered Crys' question before he could even think about what he was about to say, and he looked just the slightest bit like a deer in the headlights when he realized he had said that rather than think it. Oh, well, too late. "Very pretty, in fact."

Thabara
"Had the Bones not gone missing when the house was lost, you might have had a chance." Their sound had been quiet and muted, quite different from the clear chime which had accompanied his host's each and every step, but still quite distinctive. "However.. I am under the impression that, even had my coming been hailed by horns and trumpets, you would not have noticed."

"Mh." Crys pondered this quietly for a while, stuffing a strand of her mother's hair into the mouth to chew on it absently before she decided. "Arm," she demanded, stretching her arms out towards where Cosine-lady's voice had last come from. She did sound nice, and she also smelled nice, so now she was eager to touch.

midnight_medea
Cosine smiled at Echo's mention of flower petals. Yes, they had been more than successful with the Lotus plan. The pantheon was literally flooded with the scent and the pretty flowers.

The teasing continued and she turned to Ankou with a smirk. Yes, it would have been nice to have a least a few more moments with each other. Though, there would be other times. She was sure and hopeful of this.
His words made her pale cheeks colour a deep red. She felt warm and rather uncomfortable. It was not her. She wanted to say, though that would confuse the children. They were pure gods after all.

Recovering a little she laughed and smiled at him.
"Flattery will get you everywhere." She joked, giving a small grin before her attention drawn back by the little girl in Echo's arms.

Her request made her laugh and she held out a slender arm to the young girl so that she could touch it.
"You have a very pretty name." She said as she stepped a little closer.

Zero Dream
"Now, now, no revealing your inner fantasies please." However, his lack of any other comment on the matter was about as good as an admission as anything, in that case.

He glanced at Cosine, and was about to argue that it was not flattery, but... no, not an argument, not here, not now, when thinks finally started to feel right. So, he just smiled as the Number goddess' attention focused on his niece.

"Well... Seems like we where abandoned." The spirit guide grew slightly more serious. "So... How is everything going ?" Oddly enough, that question seemed to be addressed to both Nergal and Akakios.

Oddly enough for a young boy his age, the little godling did not seem to mind that his sister was gathering most of the pretty lady's attention, at least not for now - he still felt rather shy and skittish, mostly due to location and all the people that where gathered there - though the fact that some where dead did not seem to bother him. He could tell - they felt different, just like his invisible friends, but visible.

He perked up at Ankou's question. Oh, yes, that, but.... Daddy was right there, but daddy wasn't supposed to know yet, wasn't he ? Ohhh, this was difficult... "S'going good !" Coming from a child, the vagueness of such a statement could easily be overlooked.

Echo apparently did not mind her new found status of edible mommy too much, it seemed, as she shifted her position and took a step closer to allow her daughter better access. "She likes to touch everything. Don't you, my lovely Crys ? What does auntie Cos feels like ?" She chirped. While most mothers would have probably been rather distraught upon realizing that their daughter was blind (or did not have eyes, on that matter), Echo had taken it rather well, though she could not help but be more protective of Crys than she was with the boys.

Thabara
"It is going.. well, I suppose," Nergal said, his gaze dropping for a moment towards the faint wisps of fog swirling close to the ground, assuming his brother was referring to the festival and its other visitors, who had begun mingling with the living. "It is draining, yet at the same time rewarding. 'A miracle,' is what I have heard whispered in passing a few times. They are beginning to realize this night truly is special. I.. can draw new strength from that." His pale fingers ruffled absently through Kios' lavender hair.

Hard name is hard," the miniature goddess pouted. Really, why had their parents to pick such long and complicated names for them? "Crys better." Eagerly she reached out, cooing with delight when she touched the chiming glass bangles at Cosine's wrist. She played with them for a little while, before running up the rest of the arm with her little fingers."Feels nice!" she announced after a little while. "Like Mommy. Daddy is cold. Cookie dough was nice to touch too. Squishy!" She paused for a little while, before she stretched out her arms towards Cosine once more. "Carry?" she inquired, her tone hopeful, adding after a moment's thought: "Please?"

"It means 'tearful'," Nergal explained softly. "She is Grief. The shy one at my side is Lament. This age called out for them to be born, I think. I am relieved though, that they do not seem to be affected much by their domain."

midnight_medea
Cosine laughed at the demanding young girl and held out her arms to take her, albeit a little nervously into her own. Whilst Lien had been content to play with children and carry them around, for the goddess it was a little strange.
"Do I feel squishy?" She laughed, hugging her on her hip and turning back to grin at Ankou.
"They're so adorable." At Nergal's words the number goddess crouched, slowly so that she could be level with Kios.
"Aren't you a handsome young man. Lament, grief, I am numbers." She smiled and looked between them both. "Are you enjoying yourselves."

Zero Dream
"'m Kios." The young boy corrected. He did not quite identify by being called by his domain just yet, and also did not understand much of it's significance just yet, or the responsibilities attached to it. He, however, gave an adorable little grin at her first comment, and an happy giggle when his father ruffled though his hairs. He turned pensive then. "S'fun."

The goddess surrendered her daughter without much fuss, and could not help but smile a bit at Cosine's nervousness. She would get used to it rather quickly, she could tell, and it also helped that Crys was rather calm. Trying to hold Soto was another challenge alltogether.

"Just be very careful, now." Ankou grinned, watching the scene and combing though Crys' hairs with one hand without really noticing that he was. "Or they'll have you wrapped around their little finger quicker than you can realize it." Oh, by now he unfortunately knew from experience.

Thabara
Well, would you look at that. Nergal turned slightly to bend down and whisper something into Echo's ear, his lips barely moving at all. He knew how keen her hearing was, and this was something he wanted neither Ankou nor Cosine to pick up. "They make quite a fine match, do they not?" The way they looked when they fussed about the little girl, one might be tempted to think she was their child.

Crys quite enjoyed the attention which was given to her, though she certainly did hope Kou playing with her hair might cause that annoying ribbon thing to fall out. It still made the back of her head itchy, even though her mother had said it would stop after a while, once she got used to it. Well, it didn't! Or she hadn't gotten used to it yet.

She ignored it for now, tiny hands further exploring that new aunt, taking delight in touching the elaborate embroidery and the beads and sequins stitched onto the silken fabric. Then she touched upon a strand of hair, warm, thick, and soft-soft, just like mom's, and it instantly vanished into her mouth. Opposed to the domain she embodied he looked rather happy now.

midnight_medea
"If the third is as adorable as these two I can quite imagine." She smiled at Ankou and shifted to hold Crys more comfortably. She was an inquisitive little thing it seemed, her tiny fingers playing with the bits and pieces on her elaborate dress then finally finding their way to her hair.

Cosine watched her shove a strand of hair into her mouth and laughed. Surely that could not taste good.
"Where were you headed?" She asked Nergal and Echo.

Zero Dream
It was quite hard not to laugh at the scene that was unfolding in front of her. Her lover's comment almost did her in, but she managed to remain quiet and only smile. The goddess had definitively heard, and then nodded in agreement. They where rather adorable indeed, and the urge to poke fun at it was rather hard to resist.

Seeing the look on her son's face, she slid down to pick him up, resting him against her side and her shoulder so he could see. "Not anywhere in particular, at least on my end. Just making sure everything was going well."

All the attention his elder sister proved to rise one at least one problem with the young god - he couldn't see anything anymore ! Being so small could be such a problem, really. Couldn't he be tall like daddy ? His small face formed into a pout, which was all the signs his mother needed to pick him up.

Ah, this was much better ! Akakios grinned, and giggled a little at seeing his sister with a mouthful of hair, again. He'd tried it, too, but hair weren't quite tasty, at least not for him. It was much funner to play with it !

"He's only adorable if you consider a whirlwind of mass destruction completely and utterly adorable, perhaps." Ankou did his best to look neutral, but to be honest, Soto's antics amused him greatly... as long as they where not aimed at him.

Thabara
„Adorable ...“ For the tiniest moment, Nergal grimaced, making a face as if he'd just bitten into a lemon. „He certainly can be, depending on who he is dealing with. We seem to be argueing more than anything,“ he admitted sullenly, his wings flicking slightly with irritation. He still kept being concerned that he might, maybe, be doing things wrong that the boy wouldn't listen to anything he would say …

„Nowhere in particular really,“ he nodded, confirming what his love had said. „Albeit, even though it may not look the case, there are quite a few things that require my attention right now.“ He made a vague motion with his hand to indicate the festival as a whole. It still felt … strange … strange and wonderful to have his powers stretched out this far, almost to their limit, to be aware of things which happened at the far end of the festival grounds, outside of this physical body of his.

„There will be a procession later, at midnight, but there is still plenty of time to pass until then.“

midnight_medea
Cosine raised an eyebrow as her hair disappeared into Cry's mouth and laughed as the little boy joined in too. Hair did not seem to be to his liking however. It was strange to think that Nergal and Echo, once so awkward and shy with each other were now parents to not one, but three little gods.

She looked from Kou to Nergal as they spoke of the third and smiled broadly.
"He sounds like quite the trouble maker. He must take after his father." She winked at Nergal and looked out to the crowds of people.
"Maybe we should find some food before the parade. There are some delicious smells about."

Zero Dream
Cosine talking about how Sotiris probably took after his father seemed to be too much for the proud uncle to take, as he just narrowly escaped laughing like a hyena and instead settled on a more dignified kind of laugh, as he shook his head. The goddess of Numbers probably had not meant it seriously, but oh, if only she knew...

"You... have no idea." The Spirit Guide finally clarified, fussing with his niece's dull hair some more, fingers twisting to each under the bow and poking at it just enough that it would probably come off when she would be let down and start darting about as children tended to do. It was not visible to the proud parents, with his side shielding the view, but the little girl would definitively feel it.

"Perhaps we should go toward the other booths, then ? The smells are indeed inviting." While she had an hand at helping some of the ongoings of the carnival along with the brotherly pair, she far from knew all of it's secrets, no matter how much she had pestered her future husband. Unfortunately for her, when he had his mind set on something, the judge of the dead was near unbribeable.

"Less they decide to adopt our daughter as their own." She whispered, in turn, as she got closer to Nergal, definitively still amused.

Akakios on his part, seemed content with remaining in his mother's arms and watching everything unfold around him, mostly silent, though he seemed to peek about, almost as if he was looking for something... or someone.

He could have sworn he'd saw someone standing here, but now the person was gone...

Thabara
Nergal frowned as he noticed his brother's obvious amusement, but chose to say nothing of it. He knew all too well by now that it would only result in further bickering and teasing, and while he certainly enjoyed it at other times, he couldn't quite afford to let himself be distracted too much.

„Hmhm,“ he agreed vaguely, not seeming overly enthusiastic. At some time down the path to his rebirth and growing back into his powers, nourishment had lost much of its attraction to him when he'd cast off last of what was mortal still. He … did enjoy the taste and texture of a variety of foods and beverages, certain enough – he simply hadn't felt hunger for a long time now, just as he barely ever required sleep.

„She even looks like she could be theirs ...“ He whispered back at his lover, placing a kiss upon her brows. „Let us explore a little, then. Even I do not know all the mortals have come up with for this … But I would certainly like to find out, so that I may show due appreciation to their commitment.“

„Fooooooooooood,“ Crys echoed Cosine's words, letting go of the elder goddess hair for now. „There's lot of food. Over ...“ She squirmed a little to be able to point into the correct direction. „Over there. And cookies. I can find it. With my nose,“ she proudly explained.

She'd noticed her uncle fiddling with that annoying bow, and she'd been about to complain … But then the crimson colored ribbon came lose and slipped down just a little, and she realized that he was actually helping her to get rid of it! She said nothing, well aware that this had to be a secret, or else her father would attempt to 'fix' her bow.

midnight_medea
Cosine gave Kou a half smirk at his laughter and looked back at Nergal, playing Mr Serious as always. Surely he would not break into pieces if he loosened up and laughed a little. She turned her smirk to Echo and nodded at her suggestion, especially as little Crys seemed enthusiastic.
Cosine gave the little goddess a squeeze and started to move towards the food booths.
"I love cookies" She confessed in a theatrical whisper, as if she were talking to Crys in secret. "Let's follow your nose"