Submit

ThisIsNotMyNameBruh

Magnetic Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm
hello,yes i would like to know what your position is on abortion,and the reasons for your being pro/against abortion

rules:
1.no unreasonable posts

2. dont change topic

3.dont be cussing out other peoples point of view,argue with respect towards eachother

optional:you can google up abortion and the christian's perspective(point of view)on the matter

thats about it♫♣♠♥☻☺  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:49 pm
I don't have any problem with it.
If a woman wants to expel something from her body, she's more than welcome too, and if God doesn't like than he/she can take it up with the the woman when she dies.
Within reason, if you hit a certain part of your pregnancy than I think there is no turning back (pretty much when the fetus starts looking like a human).

I don't believe that bullshit about life starting at conception because when a child dies during childbirth nobody says "Oh it lived for nine months, it had a life".  

Xahmen

tigerflute

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:07 pm
Abortion is a sin. One of the ten commandments says "You shall not murder"(Exodus 20:13). Abortion is the killing of a baby and is therefore murder. Some people like to argue that it is not murder because the baby has not yet been born, however, just because a baby has not been born does not mean that the baby is not alive. Because of todays medical technology babies that are born months too early are able to survive and live normal lives. If a baby that is born months before their due date survives and is killed soon after no one would hesitate to call this murder. However, many people still refuse to believe that abortion is murder. Many people argue that the mother should have a choice as to whether they want to have the baby and that they might not be able to take care of the baby. However they forget about the baby's choice. Would a baby want to be killed? No. As for not being able to take care of a child, there are plenty of people looking to adopt children, some of whom can't have children of their own.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:32 pm
tigerflute
Abortion is a sin. One of the ten commandments says "You shall not murder"(Exodus 20:13). Abortion is the killing of a baby and is therefore murder. Some people like to argue that it is not murder because the baby has not yet been born, however, just because a baby has not been born does not mean that the baby is not alive. Because of todays medical technology babies that are born months too early are able to survive and live normal lives. If a baby that is born months before their due date survives and is killed soon after no one would hesitate to call this murder. However, many people still refuse to believe that abortion is murder. Many people argue that the mother should have a choice as to whether they want to have the baby and that they might not be able to take care of the baby. However they forget about the baby's choice. Would a baby want to be killed? No. As for not being able to take care of a child, there are plenty of people looking to adopt children, some of whom can't have children of their own.
The baby doesn't /want/ anything, infants don't form cohesive thoughts until three to four months out of birth.
The baby (and it isn't even a baby, it's a fetus) looks a bit like a mashed up potato and has the mental prowess of a rock at the cut-off time for an abortion.
No baby is born four months early and lives, and that's roughly the cutoff, although most doctors won't go past three.
What about the cases where the fetus is literally killing the mother?
Abortion still murder then?
I'm surprised you're spelling is so good because honestly if I didn't know better I would say that you smashed your face into the keyboard multiple times to get this un-thought out response.  

Xahmen

Mystery Contendor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:41 pm
I do not believe that it is our right to decide the fate of anothers life.

There are times when I can turn a blind eye, such as when it is a severe endangerment to the mother, or in the extremely rare chances of rape (conception after rape is incredibly rare due to the body ussually going into shock).

I do not believe, in any circumstances that it should be used as a form of birth control.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:50 pm
A My Name Is Alix

There are times when I can turn a blind eye, such as when it is a severe endangerment to the mother, or in the extremely rare chances of rape (conception after rape is incredibly rare due to the body ussually going into shock).

I do not believe, in any circumstances that it should be used as a form of birth control.

See this I can agree with, or at least understand.
This is a well thought-out viewpoint that comes from the heart, and not a book.
I don't support abortions in the sense that I think everyone should get one, and if for some reason my girlfriend or fiance or wife get's pregnant and we can't take care of a child than I would much rather my girlfriend or fiance or wife put the baby up for adoption than (pardon the vulgarity) wet/fry vac'd it out of her.  

Xahmen

ThisIsNotMyNameBruh

Magnetic Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 am
Zahmen
A My Name Is Alix

I don't support abortions in the sense that I think everyone should get one, and if for some reason my girlfriend or fiance or wife get's pregnant and we can't take care of a child than I would much rather my girlfriend or fiance or wife put the baby up for adoption than (pardon the vulgarity) wet/fry vac'd it out of her.
yes ofcourse,there are some people/mothers to be that just cant handle this,but(and dont think i'm accusing)but do you think that gives the mother a certain right to kill a sinless(because that's what babies are)human and treat them with no more mercy than an animal(and even some people have mercy on animals),are you not concerned of the well being of all humans??(this is just a question,not an accusation)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:40 pm
krystalmetalera
Zahmen
A My Name Is Alix

yes ofcourse,there are some people/mothers to be that just cant handle this,but(and dont think i'm accusing)but do you think that gives the mother a certain right to kill a sinless(because that's what babies are)human and treat them with no more mercy than an animal(and even some people have mercy on animals),are you not concerned of the well being of all humans??(this is just a question,not an accusation)

Here's an interesting factoid for you.
Our bodies perform abortions without us knowing.
There have been multiple instances where a woman has been pregnant and the fetus just disappears, because the body re-absorbs it. Usually this happens and the woman just thinks she missed a period for some strange reason.
Is the mother committing murder?  

Xahmen

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 am
Feti are human beings. By biological definition they are of the human species, and due to the difference in DNA, they are a separate entity. As such, killing them is wrong.

It is no more an invasion of rights and privacy than laws against murder. Nobody has the right to kill, especially if the life in question was literally placed into existence by the one who would want it dead.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 pm
divineseraph
Feti are human beings. By biological definition they are of the human species, and due to the difference in DNA, they are a separate entity. As such, killing them is wrong.

It is no more an invasion of rights and privacy than laws against murder. Nobody has the right to kill, especially if the life in question was literally placed into existence by the one who would want it dead.

coughrapevictimscough  

Xahmen

Kazydi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:24 pm
coughtwowrongsdon'tmakearightcough

So being raped gives you the right to kill?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:28 pm
Kazydi

coughinstanceswherefetusiskillingmothercough

Would you seriously deny a woman an abortion to rid herself of a rape-baby?  

Xahmen

Kazydi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:32 pm
Zahwomen
Kazydi

coughinstanceswherefetusiskillingmothercough

Would you seriously deny a woman an abortion to rid herself of a rape-baby?

I don't know why people use this as an argument. The rate of babies being an endangerment to the mother are quite low.

And yes, yes I would deny her that, considering that there are so many other non-killing alternatives.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:41 pm
So "rate is low = shouldn't even be considered"?
My best friend's aunt was raped, and her rapist impregnated her.
When her doctor refused to preform an abortion she killed herself, in the note she said that the thing inside of her was a monster.

Do you have any idea of how traumatizing carry the child of your rapist would be?  

Xahmen

Kazydi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:10 pm
Zahwomen
So "rate is low = shouldn't even be considered"?
My best friend's aunt was raped, and her rapist impregnated her.
When her doctor refused to preform an abortion she killed herself, in the note she said that the thing inside of her was a monster.

Do you have any idea of how traumatizing carry the child of your rapist would be?

I wasn't talking about the rape part, I was talking about the baby killing the mother part.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff