Reply 'Tendo Cult~
THE GAME(Btw, you just lost it) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DUMBEEZY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 am
What game, if you had only one to choose from, would you consider to be the best overall game?

For me, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with Sony on this one, it's MGS4:Guns of the Patriots. Such an in-depth story-line and the acting was pretty well put together too for being an imported game from our friends from across the pond. Coupled with highly detailed graphics, which look wonderous and vivid on a Sony LCD 1080P. The soundtrack is a very well done one also! It captures the intensity of each fluid motion of each character's presence. There are also some pretty well hidden easter-eggs in this game.

Make sure to state why you chose your favorite game.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:54 am
Conquerer Galvatron
What game, if you had only one to choose from, would you consider to be the best overall game?

For me, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to side with Sony on this one, it's MGS4:Guns of the Patriots. Such an in-depth story-line and the acting was pretty well put together too for being an imported game from our friends from across the pond. Coupled with highly detailed graphics, which look wonderous and vivid on a Sony LCD 1080P. The soundtrack is a very well done one also! It captures the intensity of each fluid motion of each character's presence. There are also some pretty well hidden easter-eggs in this game.

I can't post after this. I refuse to believe that the best game out there is one of two decent games on the hunk of utter fail that is the PS3.  

Mecca_Fish

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 am
I can believe it. LPB, Valkyria Chronicles, Deadspace, Assassin's Creed PS3, etc etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 am
Allegro
I can believe it. LPB, Valkyria Chronicles, Deadspace, Assassin's Creed PS3, etc etc.

LBP is a great game. But Deadspace and Assassin's Creed aren't exclusives. God, this argument is a broken record. Every single time people counter with multi-platform games. It's pointless.  

Mecca_Fish

DUMBEEZY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 am
Conquerer Galvatron
Mecca_Fish
Conquerer Galvatron

I can't post after this. I refuse to believe that the best game out there is one of two decent games on the hunk of utter fail that is the PS3.

Then you obviously have never personally owned a PS3. PS3 gets a bad rep because of its current price. Everything about the PS3 is great, IMHO, its got an internal processor that can perform multiple tasks at the same time, which the Wii and 360 have failed to do so, it currently has the least defective consoles to date, it has six-axis, free online gameplay, free internet browser, wireless(no batteries required) controllers, Blu-ray, backwards compatability with most games, can run JavaScript and Flash Player, and in fact, the only thing that it doesn't have that the 360 has is the ability to listen to music during a game(as of yet). Online play is also a lot more less "chunky" than its microsoft and Nintendo competitors.
And as for having "only two good games" there are quite a few great games for the PS3 that never get any attention due to the media being heavily influenced by those old people and their Wii's.

and I never stated that the PS3 is superior to the Wii and 360, all I said was my opinion, and opinions, as we know, are like buttholes: we all have em' and every one of them stink.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:26 am
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The game is infinetly replayable, I'm a huge fan of Character creation, the graphics are spectacular (Depending your computer) and mixing first-person and swords was an awesome idea. Also there are the mods for the game (even though I don't know how to install them) and a rather large online comunity. In my opinion it is the best game ever (excluding Chrono Trigger, of course)  

Parkent

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:32 am
Either Brawl or Animal Crossing Let's Go to the City... Not sure which one...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:35 am
Parkent
The game is infinetly replayable, I'm a huge fan of Character creation, the graphics are spectacular (Depending your computer) and mixing first-person and swords was an awesome idea. Also there are the mods for the game (even though I don't know how to install them) and a rather large online comunity. In my opinion it is the best game ever (excluding Chrono Trigger, of course)

Here we go, someone finally talking sense.

@Galvatron: God forbid I'd need a bluray player. Do you use your bluray player? Do you pay 50 bucks for a single movie and watch it on it? I bet it's a real valuable asset. And backwards compatibility is only on one of the several types of PS3. As for your games debate, how about some facts instead of persuasion? The internal processor debate about how powerful a system is, that's dead. How can you really convince me that it's more powerful than a 360 or Wii? Is it really about power? If I wanted the system that has the games with the best graphics, I'd go for PS3. Unfortunately, I'm not shallow enough to make that choice. Compare the PS3's line up of games to the PS2 and the explosion of disappointment that will hit you should remind you why the PS3 is a failure to what Sony's done to video games.  

Mecca_Fish

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:01 am
SMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMB3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 am
Hey quit dissing the PS3.

Do I need to get Chad baby in here?  

Waynebrizzle

Mecca_Fish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 am
Waynebrizzle
Hey quit dissing the PS3.

Do I need to get Chad baby in here?

NIGGUH. NIGGUH THE PS1 HAS FINAL FANTASY SEVUN!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 am
World of Warcraft. >_>

As for consoles, there's no way I could settle with one. It would be various titles from the Mario, Zelda and Metroid series.  

Al Torrenz

DUMBEEZY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:13 am
Mecca_Fish
Parkent

Here we go, someone finally talking sense.

@Galvatron: God forbid I'd need a bluray player. Do you use your bluray player? Do you pay 50 bucks for a single movie and watch it on it? I bet it's a real valuable asset. And backwards compatibility is only on one of the several types of PS3. As for your games debate, how about some facts instead of persuasion? The internal processor debate about how powerful a system is, that's dead. How can you really convince me that it's more powerful than a 360 or Wii? Is it really about power? If I wanted the system that has the games with the best graphics, I'd go for PS3. Unfortunately, I'm not shallow enough to make that choice. Compare the PS3's line up of games to the PS2 and the explosion of disappointment that will hit you should remind you why the PS3 is a failure to what Sony's done to video games.

Wait, I'm not saying this to convince people, I'm just saying this because I was on the topic of PS3, I never meant for this topic to become a console war, thanks to yourself.

On another note, Yes, I do indeed use my Blu-Ray DVD player, quite a bit actually. And yes, I do shell out $29 bones in order to get a movie in its highest quality, it may seem like a waste of money but to me its worth it. It also improves the quality of regualar DVD's, only slightly though.
As for the PS2-PS3 transition, I'll have to agree, PS2 did feature a bigger variety of gaming than the PS3 has given us. However, I value quality and dependability over just a "one-night-stand", lol, like some of the 360's have given us.
I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate Nintendo, I'm just saying that my personal favorite out of the 3 next gen consoles is most definately the PS3.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 am
I find it really hard to choose nowadays, between all the best games I've played.

I can say the best downloadable game I've played to date is World of Goo though.

JELLYJELLYJELLY

Best Wii game I could give a shot too. Definitely a tie between Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. Mario Galaxy's more creative and magical, but MP3 takes better advantage of the Wii's features.  

Waynebrizzle

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces