Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

City Folk's grass?
  Bullshit! >=[
  Eh, pretty bad I guess.
  Not to bad.
  I like it!
  I don't have the game, but hey, I'm a poll whore.
View Results

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:37 am
Ugh, the grass in Animal Crossing Let's Go to the City/City Folk is a pain in the a**, am I right? As you know if you play the game a lot as I do, if you walk or run somewhere often, the grass pimply dies down and disappears. And after a few weeks of playing it; you have almost NO GRASS! Trust me, your town looks really ugly, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, if you hate this as much as I do, check out this video and petition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Kdme59HSI
http://www.petitiononline.com/accf1357/petition.html

Discuss. Also, does anyone know if running actually makes the grass wear down more than walking does?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:41 am
Yeah cause petitions will help  

Allegro

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am
Allegro
Eh, it's worth a try though, right? ... RIGHT?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am
I think that may be the stupidest petition in the entire world. And no, this isn't Reg.

The point of the grass dying is to allow you to make paths for your town. You're supposed to go the same way a lot to make a path appear so it's your own fault if your town looks like it has AIDs.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 am
Meta_Fish
I think that may be the stupidest petition in the entire world. And no, this isn't Reg.

The point of the grass dying is to allow you to make paths for your town. You're supposed to go the same way a lot to make a path appear so it's your own fault if your town looks like it has AIDs.
The problem is though, you want to go everywhere in your town. Not just a set path. You want to explore! I don't go off a certain path much, but I have next to no grass.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 am
Allegro

I hate to break it to you, but Al's got a point. A petition holds not weight with virtual signatures.

Also, let me break this down for you:
-Problem: Grass dies when you run.
-Running happens when you play
-Grass dies when you play
-So what should you stop doing?
-Give it as rest for a while. Go do something else, like read a book. Or make a flash animation, whatever floats your boat.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Wantcookie
Allegro

I hate to break it to you, but Al's got a point. A petition holds not weight with virtual signatures.

-Give it as rest for a while. Go do something else, like read a book. Or make a flash animation, whatever floats your boat.
Do you have any good books to recommend? I've finished reading Brisingr now...

But back on topic: It's a game that wants you to play it every day... But then the grass shouts 'NO!' ...AHA! I've got it! The grass is Nintendo's way of saying 'Don't get too addicted to our game!'  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 pm
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/11/14/iwata-asks-development-folk-about-animal-crossing/

Talks about how the grass grows back a little at the end of each day. And will grow faster if it has trees and flowers around it. So you might wanna cut back on constantly going through areas with little to no grass. And start planting a s**t load of flowers.  

Black Ice Anti-Hero

Versatile Lunatic

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

But back on topic: It's a game that wants you to play it every day... But then the grass shouts 'NO!' ...AHA! I've got it! The grass is Nintendo's way of saying 'Don't get too addicted to our game!'

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...Anyways, you should go read American Gods. It's absolutely amazing if you know as much mythology as I do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 pm
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish

The problem is though, you want to go everywhere in your town. Not just a set path. You want to explore! I don't go off a certain path much, but I have next to no grass.
You can go anywhere in your town. By simply running over here to go look around or something, you're not going to track acid onto the ground and murder the grass. It takes constant walking over. When going from place to place, try to go down the same path so a real path forms, which will help visitors to your town and stuff.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 pm
Black Ice (Anti-Hero)
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/11/14/iwata-asks-development-folk-about-animal-crossing/

Talks about how the grass grows back a little at the end of each day. And will grow faster if it has trees and flowers around it. So you might wanna cut back on constantly going through areas with little to no grass. And start planting a s**t load of flowers.
I know, but have you seen how little it makes the grass grow? It only makes a tiny patch of grass on which the tree is on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 pm
Super Cheesio
Black Ice (Anti-Hero)

I know, but have you seen how little it makes the grass grow? It only makes a tiny patch of grass on which the tree is on.

I'm just saying. Thats the best youre gonna get.  

Black Ice Anti-Hero

Versatile Lunatic

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 pm
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

...Anyways, you should go read American Gods. It's absolutely amazing if you know as much mythology as I do.
I'm not into America OR mythology. I want a cool fantasy action adventure novel with battles and magic. Like The Inheritance Cycle (Those books with the dragons on the fronts) and Harry Potter.

@Black Ice: And that's the problem.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:12 pm
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

I reccomend "The Bar Code Tattoo" and "The Bar Code Rebellion". It's a good dystopian novel series and not at all a hard read.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Black Ice Anti-Hero

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:14 pm
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

I'm not into America OR mythology. I want a cool fantasy action adventure novel with battles and magic. Like The Inheritance Cycle (Those books with the dragons on the fronts) and Harry Potter.

@Black Ice: And that's the problem.

I understand where your coming. My town looked looked horrible, up until my friend thought it would be a good idea to rebuild it.
But pretty much all we can do is avoid patchy areas and plant flowers where grass is lacking.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff