Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 am
STARTS: Now!
ENDS: Friday, Jan 9th @ 11am PST/2pm EST

There are many terrible creatures that lurk beyond the safety of grazing grounds.
Things with sharp teeth, and sharp tongues, cloven hooves and cleaving horns, webbed wings and reptilian tails.
They bring with them the evils of the world - pain and suffering, fighting, disease, nightmares, and death.

But not every villainous creature is born that way...

The best villains in literature are ones with motivation - a reason for doing the things they do, a justification they use to make their evil deeds into justified ones or even good ones from their perspective.

Two veritable storybook villains have come to terrorize the unsuspecting horses of Soquili.
But my question to you is... why?

*SYNOPSIS*
Your goal is to tell me the story of the Big Bad Wolf and/or the Masque of the Red Death, in 1,500 words or less each, showing why or how they became a villain. You may enter for only one, or for both, but you can only win one. I would also prefer that you go outside the bounds of the stories they are cosplays from (Little Red Riding Hood and Masque of the Red Death), and make this story unique. By entering this contest, you are agreeing to hold to what you have written as backstory should you win (in other words, the story you enter with will be the background you will use ICly for the soq you win). If I have a difficult time deciding on a winner, more prizes (in the form of SS semicustoms) may be added.

*SPREAD THE LOVE!*
If you have already won a free event, or if a person who won one of those events gave their prize soq to you, then you may not participate. Please check the list on the front page of the event thread if you're unsure. This rule does not apply to people who won prizes from Sirenz's masks or CYOs.

*HINTS & TIPS*
Always keep MOTIVATION in mind - everyone has a reason they do the things they do, and no one wakes up with the thought "HEY I'M GOING TO GO KICK SOME PUPPIES BECAUSE I AM SOOOO EVIL." In fact, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose if the motivation you write about is "evil for the sake of evil". Even spiteful, malicious acts can be a product of a skewed sense of justice, or a form of revenge based on previous history. Did they get on the wrong side of a sorcerer? Did they lose someone they cared about? THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, and try to think from the villain's perspective.

*ONLY POST YOUR FINAL ENTRY*
I will be reading this thread over time so I can come to a decision faster at the end. I may forget to reread something if I only saw it as a work-in-progress. So please, for your sake and mine, only post when you're 100% finished with your story.
If you're entering for both, just edit your post to include the second form when you've finished writing.

BIG BAD WOLF FORM

[color=#776A5B][align=center][b]My, what big teeth you have![/b][/align]

[b]Soq Name:[/b]
[b]Soq Temper:[/b]
[b]Wolf's Name:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b] (max 1,500 words)
[/color]

MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH FORM

[color=#AA0101][align=center][b]And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.[/b][/align]

[b]Soq Name:[/b]
[b]Soq Temper:[/b]
[b]Rat's Name:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b] (max 1,500 words)
[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 am
PRIZES:
Big Bad Wolf (+ Little Bad Wolf)
Masque of the Red Death (+ Plague Rat)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

fatcat17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:52 pm
My, what big teeth you have!

Soq Name: Kier
Soq Temper: black hearted
Wolf's Name: Dugan
Story:
Once upon a deep dark wood, there lived a handsome wolf. This beautiful creature of the woods was slowly decaying, there was no food, no prey for him to hunt, and he was starving. Worst of all, his family was starving as well. His mate and their three cubs were thin as rails and depended on him to keep them alive.

That is where our hero slips to the dark side, depending on your point of view. He was out hunting the woods for any sign of life when he chanced across a young girl. The girl had a basket of food. Of course, the wolf didn’t care anything for the girl or why she had a basket of food, he just wanted the food for his family. He tried his best to get the basket from the girl so his family could be fed, but everything he tried ended in failure.

At the end of the day, throughout the small village around his wood, the wolf had gained a horrible reputation for trying to eat the girl. Knowing there was nothing left for him to try; the wolf went back to his mate and children. He quietly raced through the half dead trees, tasting the air in his mouth and feeling his fur move with his steps. He turned sharply into the den they called their home and stopped dead in his tracks.

They were gone. His mate. His cubs. Gone.

In the days that followed, the wolf searched everywhere he knew for his family. He systematically searched the entire wood, he searched the village in the nights, he didn’t sleep or eat, just endlessly looked for them. Finally one day he chanced onto a part of the wood e didn’t know. Just through the trees there was an entire pack of wolves, they were howling and rough housing. Peeking through the branches, our wolf saw his old family in the middle of it all; his mate pleasantly nuzzling the alpha male, his cubs being taught how to hunt.

He couldn’t take it. With the pain ripping through his body, he let out a mangled, anguished howl. With a final yelp of his heart breaking, he galloped off, aimlessly seeking anywhere to take his pain away.

Now years later, the pain still haunts him. He has taken to a new world, the Soquili world. With such a change, he had to gain a name, and is now called Kier. He roamed aimlessly through the soquili world for a time, and was quite dissatisfied with what he saw. There were mothers and fathers of helpless foals that took the joy of their offspring for granted. They had no idea how lucky they were.

A plan began to form itself in Kier’s mind. He would make them see how precious their children were. They would feel as he had felt when his heart had been ripped out and torched. It didn’t take long for Kier to find a perfect candidate for his new “day care”.

He found a mother and foal, who had very different opinions of each other. The mother wanted almost nothing to do with her foal, thinking it just got in her way of finding a perfect mate. The foal on the other hand, admired its mother and wanted to show her the depth of her love.

Kier stumbled past one evening when the mare was flirting with some stallion, and stole the foal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Soq Name: Makkapitew
(An Algonquian name meaning "He has large teeth.")
Soq Temper: Vengeful
Wolf's Name: Ohanko
(A Native American name of unknown origin meaning "Reckless.")
Story:

True evil is not born. It is made.

There are those who enter this world in silence, in despair. They feed to quell the burning hatred that smolders in their blackened souls. They rip, tear, and claw their way through the world, leaving naught but ruins in their path.

He is not one of these.

He was once a kind soul, benevolent even. He had a mother, a father.

They were taken from him.

Not by the savage Skinwalkers. Not by the brutal Kalona. Not by those who killed for pleasure.

By the Unicorns.

The hunting party, a troop of thirteen valiant steeds whose hearts were pure as new snow, slaughtered his parents mercilessly. They came upon his mother while she slumbered peacefully beneath a weeping willow. They butchered her before she could even get up.

His father, scenting blood, came onto the scene. He saw his lifemate sprawled in a pool of her own blood. He went blind with rage, his heart shattered by the sight of his beloved’s mangled corpse. He killed two before the others swarmed him.

He was no match for the combined efforts of those oh so noble steeds.

So intent were they on skewering the heart-broken stallion with their razor-sharp horns that they failed to notice the quivering foal cowering beneath a bush.

They were treated like heroes upon their return. They were greeted with cries of joy, tears of thanks.

“The monsters are gone! Praise, heroes! Our saviors!”

Makkapitew stomped those bitter memories down, suppressing the ringing echo of his own anguished cries and the roar of the grateful crowd.

He stared down at the ivory mare prostrated on the ground before him. His eyes were molten lava; savage, unyielding, merciless. She begged pitifully for her life, her musical voice wracked by tremors as pure terror rushed through her veins. Ohanko gnawed on her foreleg, a queer giggle rising from his bloodied maw as he dodged her flailing hooves. She convulsed uncontrollably, her life force seeping from multiple wounds- a crimson tide, boiling, rushing, free!

They all begged in the end. Every one of them. But had their kin heard his parents’ cries? Did they look beyond the monstrous framework to see the good hearts that lay within? Did those Unicorns, any Unicorns, any of those god-forsaken angelical beings, creatures of the Light who feared the dark so much it twisted their souls, ever think that those “monsters” had feelings, too? That they, too, lived, breathed, and loved just like the rest of them?

No.

They were all the same. Twisted. Perverted. Their vision skewed by stereotypical pre-conceptions.

Ignoring her cries, he sank his fangs into her skull, and ripped away that trademark spiraled horn.

Her sobbing scream provided a grim counterpoint to his mocking laughter.

They would all pay. Every one.

-Nessus-Euenos-

Sin Sterling

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:59 pm
And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

Soq Name: Ikar
Soq Temper: Spiteful
Rat's Name: Veil
Story: Not too long ago, nor very far away a simple mare made her living as any other in the plain around her did. Simple existence, acceptance for the way things just were and taking each day as the next beginning that it was she had no enemies to her name, and yet no friends. She wasn’t homely in looks, but she was anything but the fairest of coats. A dull brown tail, though taken well care of and shining in the sun’s rays was just that, plain, the color of mud against her creamy coat. She felt no ill to any stallions that passed her by for her looks before taking the chance to know her for her kindness and took to the solitary life well.

As the Spring withered into Summer one year, and crops started to fail all around them, a new companion made himself known to her. A simple creature, perfect for simple existence. A rat had followed her home to her bed of soft grasses and easily climbed upon her back and snagged her attention. Calling itself Veil, he spoke to her of the wonders it saw of the world, and of many dark things. Slowly, its words and sweet, sweet company began to mar her peaceful life and she began to hold distaste for the others who had tossed her simple request for companionship aside for more beautiful things.

She removed her former name and began calling herself Ikar, a play on a word Veil had told her once had meant ruler in one of the lands it had visited. As Summer faded into Fall and darkness spread over the plains, her coat became less pure and dulled, her once shining tail matted, and new colors slowly wove their way into her hide. All the while Veil’s soothing company was with her, and she accepted this. The change she saw to be fitting, for now she was beautiful in her eyes, now she was ugly to those who had turned her aside, those who would soon run from her.

Listening to Veil’s tales of other lands again and again, Ikar decided to leave her little plain and journey herself. She did not notice that each new place she visited started to wither and decay around her presence whenever Veil would leave her side to find them a new place to sleep each night. She only saw them retreat as if from her form on sight, and it slowly blackened her heart.

The longer this went on, the more she wished to hide her face from those she saw now unfit to look upon it and who ran from her in their homes, and asked Veil to bring her trinkets to fashion a mask fitting her. She never questioned the rat’s choice in bone-white items, or the blood-red fabric, seeing instead a pure mask with elegant draping and the rat praised her when she placed it on her head.

She brought Veil into the next populated valley and spread their cultivated darkness. They would call it a plague, carried by rats, but never would they have imagined that the leading force bringing this plague to them would ride on hoofbeats and hide behind a new red mask.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Soq Name: Talutah: Sioux name meaning "blood-red."
Soq Temper: Angry
Rat's Name: Hok'ee: Navajo name meaning "abandoned."
Story:
Talutah stood in the middle of the battleground. Her once glorious white coat was now gleaming with the blood of the many fallen. She snorted glaring around her. How could they do this? Why did they do this? She stamped her hooves angerly. She started tramping through those who had fallen. She felt something grab her suddenly. She whipped her head around to stare at a two legger. He was slowly dying. She could sence it. She snorted then bucked sending him back to the ground.

"Please help me." He cried out.

Talutah ignored the man and continued on. All she could see around her was death. How was it they so readily killed those of their own kind? She stumbled over a stallion. She cried for the stallion she had known him. He was once young and playful as she had once been. But being rode into war had changed them both. She looked into his dead eyes then shivered before heading on. She became more angry. The two leggers had killed her kind also. What was all this death for? Her hatred welled up in her thinking about the two leggers. She hated them all. She wanted them all to die now. For the wrongs they had caused her kind.

Talutah finaully made it out of the battleground. She turned back to look down at the scene on last time. She shook her head vowing to avenge her kind against the two leggers. This had not been their battle yet they were dragged into it. A small squeek brought her from her thoughts. She peered down at a small rat that was looking up at her. She leaned down to sniff at it. It too was covered in the blood of the dead. She nudged at the rat getting it to climb up on her head. She trotted off into the dark woods only to be seen by those two leggers that would become lost. Unfortantly, she would be the last thing they would ever see.

Soq Name: Gomda: Kiowa meaning Wind
Soq Temper: Energetic
Wolf's Name: Spirit
Story:
Once there were three little pigs. They each lived in a their own little house. One made of straw, one made of sticks and the last was made of stone. They were selfish mean little pigs who terrorized the forest and those who lived around it. One day they headed into the forest for a small picinic besides a pond. They started pigging out on their lunch while throwing rocks at the fish in the pond.

An old wolf appeared at the edge of the clearing where the pond was. He saw the pigs and he saw the food. He was an wise old wolf and wanted some of the food. "Little pigs I beg of you please share some of your food with me. In return I shall protect you from any harm that may come against you."

The first pig snorted out a laugh. "Stupid creature. We shall not share. We don't need protection from you there."

The second pig picked up a large rock. "It's old let us bash its head in." He started towards the wolf.

The third pig picked up a rope. "Shall we bind it so it can't run?" Then leaped at the wolf and tied him up.

The wolf let out a cry as the pigs started rushing at him. "Please stop. I shall not harm you I shall go along my way." But the pigs did not listen and attacked the poor wolf and left him for dead. Some time later the old wolf lay in a puddle of his blood and with his dying breath he asked the heavens above. "Please great spirits grant me the power to seek my revenge against these nasty little pigs." He suddenly turned into a fierce howling wind. He blew across the forest to the first pigs house. He howled and growled and blew the first one down.

The pig ran to his brothers house screaming. "Theres something in the wind. And its after me!!" He pounded on the door of the second pigs house until he was allowed in.

The wolf raced towards the second house and howled and growled once again and blew down the second house. Both pigs ran to the last pigs house screaming and crying that the wind was after them. So the wolf raced after to the last house. He howled and growled but the house would not come down. So he turned into a fierce tornado and distoryed the house and the pigs inside.

Gomda woke up with a start. He looked around him in the morning light. "Spirit?" He nudged the wolf next to him with his nose. "I just had the strangest dream." He started rambling on about what he had dreamed. He ended looking at her in confusion. "Do you know what it means?"

Spirit stretched out yawning. "No sweet Gomda I do not. Shall we go find some breakfast?" But deep down inside she knew the truth about her compainion. He was the wolf in his dream that was so vengeful. But the heavens had granted him another turn at life, in a new form all together, and appointed her to be his gaurdian.

SillyAngelKitty

Beloved Fairy

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Flatterer 200

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Soq Name: Atropos
Soq Temper: Inflexible
Rat's Name: Malvolio
Story:
It was no one’s fault, really, but that didn’t help the situation. Of course her long-dead brother had never wanted to bring that rat Malvolio back from that war the prince had sent him to. Of course no one realized the enemy country had a rat infestation and a plague. But that didn’t stop Atropos from blaming the prince for sending her brother to war. She’d gotten sick almost right away, and when she hadn’t died, the brother who’d doomed her had died instead. Her brother was beyond blame.

Atropos had long since ceased to gaze into the mirrors she’d once delighted in finding and hoarding; what was the point when the illness had left her irreparably scarred and she’d had to wrap her beautiful self in a mask and bandages to hide the infection?

That prince, so safe and secure in his castle. He didn’t know hardship, no, he was safe and warm and happy inside his precious ivory tower, a place that would not keep him safe if any threat breached those golden gates to his castle. The prince had sent his people to their doom from plague, and he dared to hide and call himself a good prince.

Atropos smiled as she drew a bloodied shroud about her body. The prince would know what he’d done, for Atropos would bring Malvolio with her to that masked ball. After all, Malvolio still carried the plague, and none of the guests had had the plague yet, so could not be immune, those arrogant nobles who didn’t care whether they ruled a land of the dead or in the land of the dead. When they realized their error, those who'd died of the dreadful plague would be avenged. If it took the rest of her existence, she'd bring down those who had so callously thrown away the lives of their loving and innocent subjects.

Government. Who honestly needed it? It was just an excuse to kill the ones beneath oneself for personal gain. A world without government...where Soquili would be free to live their own lives without fear of war or the spread of plagues...that was the world she'd create tonight.

A masked ball. She had to find a suitable mask, for her own was known well enough that she would be recognized and seized before she could eliminate the guests who chose their own lives over those of the ordinary Soquili who begged for protection from the plague. Looking around, she spotted the skull of a long-dead raven on the ground. Perfect.

As the sun began to die on the horizon, an elegant pale figure stepped from a lonely copse of yew trees, wrapped in bloodstained shroud and bandages, the face of a skeletal raven gazing out at the world from the shroud, and a tiny rat riding on the head just beneath the edge of the sanguine shroud. Some of the bandages fluttered from her back like the tattered wings of some great beast long gone. The tune she hummed under her breath was an ancient funeral dirge speaking as much of honor as of sorrow….

Soq Name: Faolan
Soq Temper: Unforgetful
Wolf's Name: Sandalio
Story:
Faolan galloped through the woods easily, looking for his big brother. Their mother would be frantic with worry by now. The least he could do was bring his almost identical big brother home. Their little sister was also missing, but she was probably with their brother. Deirdre practically worshiped Connor.

The autumn leaves swirled around him and he skidded to a halt when he saw Sandalio before him. The wolf looked anxious. “I found him, Faolan, but Deirdre isn’t with him.”

“Deirdre isn’t with Connor? Good grief, go find her, Sandalio! Where is Connor?”

“Connor…oh, you’re not going to believe this, but Connor is by the river. He got in a fight with a bad-tempered half-unicorn who decided to cause a bit of trouble, and the unicorn’s dead.”

Faolan stared. “Why did Connor do something so stupid? Oh, nevermind, I’ll go end this fight. Go find Deirdre and take her home to mother right now, Sandalio.” Without waiting for a response, Faolan took off for the river, where Connor stood over the body of…oh, this was sooo not good…a dead unikalona, and there was the scent of a lot of unicorns all coming this way. Connor turned when he heard Faolan and grinned, his wolfish features from their errant father’s skinwalker blood looking slightly crazed.

“Faolan! You missed the greatest fight ever!”

“Connor, you idiot! There are unicorns on their way to investigate, and they’ll start hunting the killer, even if it was a unikalona who died! Let’s go home before they find us!”

Connor stared in surprise. “But that unikalona was threatening Deirdre. I was in the right to defend her, right?”

“Deirdre was here? Where is she now?”

“You didn’t see her?” A scream echoed from downstream: Deirdre’s terrified scream. Without a word, the two brothers bolted toward where their innocent little sister’s scream had come from, to find a pair of unikalonas, probably the friends of the one Connor had killed, attacking poor Deirdre. “DEIRDRE!!!” Connor screamed, charging on the unikalonas without a thought. Faolan dashed in, taking advantage of the distraction of the unikalonas to send Deirdre home to where their mother was waiting for them.

“Deirdre, go home! Connor and I will follow as soon as we can!” Suddenly, one of the unikalonas dashed past Faolan to stab the unprotected Deirdre through the heart. Faolan stared in shock. “Deirdre….” He let loose a wild scream and attacked that unikalona with his whole heart. The unikalona was more than a match for Faolan, and he nearly cried out with relief when Connor came to his aid, killing the unikalona.

Hoofbeats came from the site of Connor’s other battle, and a group of unicorns came into sight. A tall male stepped forward. “Wolf-brothers, which one of you killed the unikalonas?” There was a mask of cold sternness on his face, and Faolan almost cringed.

“I did,” Connor said proudly.

“Then your life is forfeit, for these unikalonas were our distant kin,” the lead stallion said icily. “Take him, and prevent the other from interfering.” Unicorns surrounded Faolan at horn-point and others charged Faolan, horns aimed to kill.

Faolan screamed. “Connor! No!” All too soon, it was over, and the unicorns left a frightened Faolan alone with the bodies of his two beloved siblings who’d died unjustly. He cried for the last time. “Why? WHY?!” he screamed to the uncaring skies beyond the leaves and needles of the trees.

Hours later, a wolflike Soquili yearling colt stumbled from the trees, his golden eyes half-shut, almost as if to shut out some terrible vision from his mind. When he saw the remains of a long-dead unicorn, he angrily kicked it to pieces. Unicorns had killed his brother and sister, and they would pay for their injustices.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Soq Name: Megaera
Soq Temper: Vindictive
Rat's Name: Diomed
Story:

Megaera sipped from a river, her mask of death staining the water around her red with the blood of her enemies. She stared at it, eyes dim behind her mask, and slowly, realization brightened her dull eyes. "What have I done," she breathed, sinking down to the ground. "What have I done?" She threw her head back and screamed as the guilt weighed itself down unto her.

When there was nothing left in her to scream, and all the hurt had emptied itself through her tears, Megaera heard a skittering beside her. She turned her head, eyes blurred with tears. "How could you let me..." She whispered to the rat by her side. "I didn't want this." She sounded was weak and sick. On top of her guilt, she was aware of another feeling, horrible and disgusting in her gut: Satisfaction. She was satisfied with her vengeance, remorseful but pleased. They had deserve to die, all of them. She lowered her head, staring at the reflection in front of her. Though her face was streaked beneath the mask with tears, the cold and calculating mask hid her guilt and shame. "Are they all..." She trailed off. Megaera couldn't bring herself to say it.

"They are," chirped the little rat by her side. "All dead. 'Cept Roman, but he'll be dead soon 'nuff." Diomed reached up, rubbing his nose with both paws. "Wolves. I heard 'em howlin', they's hungry." He looked over, and snorted at the way she winced. "Oh come off it, Meggie. Y'knew what you were goin' to do when you put on that mask." Paws tugged at the hood around her neck. Megaera turned, snapping at his paws. Diomed snickered. "Don't feel guilty. They hated you, yes they did. They called you a witch and plotted against you, even your sisters," Diomed said, his beady eyes solemn. "Only I care for you, Meg. No one understands you like I do." It was the whole reason he'd agreed to help Megaera. He loved his mare, regardless of how she looked and acted. Ever since she was a foal, he followed her and licked her wounds when she fell. And now he would do it again, because they really were alone now. Diomed and his Megaera. He climbed up, gripping the fabric between his paws as he climbed, and sat down on top of her head. "It'll be okay, Meggie." Diomed stroked her ear.

Megaera shook her head, dislodging Diomed. "Leave me, Diomed," she murmured, closing her eyes. "Go find something to eat. I want to be alone." Diomed took off with a small sigh, understanding his mare's need to be alone. When Megaera could no longer hear the scurrying rat, she let herself relax. Somehow, she fell asleep soon after.

Her subconscious threw Megaera back in time, to when she was a foal. It was a peaceful time, before the looks and the suspicious words began. Megaera had two sisters, both older then she was and both exceptionally pretty. Megaera wasn't pretty like her sisters and her mother, though. She was like her father, with his pure white coat. She had been born a quiet foal, not speaking until she was a few years old while her sisters had been chatterboxes practically out of their baskets. As a foal, her sisters romped with other young Soquili, but Megaera stayed by her father, learning what she could from him and her mother. She had a few friends, a rat and another odd foal with too-long legs and a gangly look about him.

As they got older, Megaera and the odd foal, who was pure black in contrast with her pure white, became closer and more intimate. The foal's name was Roman, a handsome Soquili in their herd and the son of the herd's leaders. Megaera didn't care for him for his title, but her sisters did. Iolyces and Diameter were spoilt Soquili long before they reached adulthood. The sisters cast their greedy gaze upon Megaera's Prince.

Roman wasn't the smartest horse in their herd, but he was loyal to Meg and her rat friend, Diomed. The two didn't get along particularly well, but for Megaera, he was willing to put up with it. He loved Megaera with all his heart, and had eyes for no one else. Iolyces and Diameter didn't care what he wanted. Iolyces and Diameter agreed in secret that it would be better to get rid of Megaera, then let Roman choose for himself who he wanted. This began the dreadful rumors.

Soon, everyone in the herd had heard word of Megaera and her witchcraft. She had placed a spell on Roman, and the poor Prince was not in his own mind. Why would he choose someone so plain otherwise, when there were real beauties in the herd who would love him? Megaera was an adult now, and she couldn't ignore the rumors, growing more exaggerated as time went on. She began to isolate herself from the herd, deeper and deeper into the forest and away from them. Unfortunately, this only sparked more rumors.

After Megaera left the herd, Roman declared that he would not choose a mare because the one who loved him had been forced out. With this new revelation, Roman stepped down from his title as Prince. There could be no King without a queen in their herd, so the elderly Queen tried to have another son with her King. In her haste to rear a new son, she moved up the seasonal breeding for their herd.

Because of the rushed breeding, pregnant mares began to fall ill. What mares didn't die during the pregnancy fell ill or lost their foals. The sisters used this to their advantage, claiming that it was Megaera who took their young and killed their women. "She must be put down!" Diameter swore, but Iolyces knew better.

In a gentler tone, she advised the ill Queen and her worrisome King. "Lure the Witch here. She will come for Roman," Iolyces promised. "We will kill her."

A messenger was sent to Megaera. However, the messenger was a rat, out of loyalty to Diomed, he told him what was really planned. Diomed delivered the message himself, spinning an elaborate tale that Roman had betrayed her and they would kill her if she did not kill them first. He told of all the evils that had been committed in her absence and how she had been blamed. And then he fed her a poisonous lie.

"Roman does not love you, Megaera," Diomed hissed. "He has moved on with both of your sisters." He climbed up to Megaera's ear, grabbing it and whispering. "They are both swollen with foal," he swore. "He will take them both as mates, and forget about you."

Megaera bid the rat leave her, hurt and scorned. Doubt had been sown in the girl's heart, and from that doubt, hatred blossomed. What could she expect, when he remained with the herd that forced her out? He chose them over her, and her sisters were to blame. The herd would die on their own, but Iolyces, Diameter and Roman... They would die by her hoof.

When the night came, Diomed came to Megaera with a robe of white, symbolic of a virgin bride. He helped his mare put the robe on, and got something else for her. A red hood, with a mask. "If they wish you are a witch, Megaera, become one," he advised, helping the horse into her mask and hood. Megaera said nothing, only snorted derisively.

Megaera walked back to the herd's resting place, where the herd was gathered, awaiting her. She wandered through the opening, ignoring the herd as it closed off behind her, and strode to Roman. "My Prince," she said scornfully, lowering to her front knees in a bow. Roman, who had been told nothing of the deceit, strode forward with a wide smile.

"I missed you," he said gently, pressing his nose against hers. "Why do you hide from me?"

"Because," Megaera hissed, stepping back. "I do not come as your bride. I come as your reaper." She bared her teeth and leapt forward, jumping at the Prince. He hadn't expected it, and try as he may to fight back, he loved Megaera. Nothing in him could bring her harm. He fell quickly, sputtering blood as it filled his lungs. She turned on her sisters, who indeed did look swollen. They were killed quickly, though Iolyces fought much harder then Diameter.

Megaera fled immediately after, covered in her sisters' blood and tripping on the torn robe as she ran, fleeing from the herd's pursuit. When she stopped, Megaera was by a river. She listened, but no one was to be heard. She was safe. She lowered her mouth and sipped.

The sense of deja vu stirred Megaera from her sleep. She listened sharply when a wolf howling, and rose, bolting again. Not from her herd this time, but from the Big Bad Wolf.

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Soq Name: Conri (king of wolves/hounds)
Soq Temper: Bitter
Wolf's Name: Felan (little wolf)
Story:

I once had a name you know: Conri, Prince Conri. Feh, who knew I would live up to my name- wolf or King of wolves. I can recall a bit of my past. It was a semi-normal life, your typical fairytale. There was a Princess by the name of Rosaline, whom I was going to marry, one who was pure of heart- or so I thought. But I made a stupid mistake, one that made everything go horribly wrong in the end.

It all started on a cold, misty morning. I was making my way home after destroying the latest cause of distress in my kingdom: a dragon-stallion. Little did I know that my fate was to be sealed by a decrepit, pock-marked little old stallion who bid me taste his wares. Now, I know what you are thinking. Why eat something from a nag who looks like shite on the side of the dirt road? All I can say in my own defense is that at the time I was starving. It had taken four days to destroy that foul beast of scaly hide, and all I had eaten was bits of leaf and berries. I learned a life lesson that day.

I can still recall the words that forever doomed my world: "Hello, young Master. Begging your pardon, but I sees you must be starving. Such a hardship you must have been through with that dragon, Highness."

At the time, it never occurred to me that he could not have known of the dragon. That should have cautioned me, but, at the time, I wasn’t listening, and it was too late, as I had already eaten his food.

The old nag had transformed before my eyes into a much younger, much handsomer stallion, and with a wicked laugh told me how easy I had been to trick by a wizard, and who had helped with the deception.

I turned disbelieving eyes towards my beloved Rosaline, who had appeared from behind a tree not far off from where the old shite of a curser and I stood. Bitterness filled me, along with something that started off as a sting, but then grew into unimaginable pain.

Once again, the wizard opened his mouth.

"Feel the pain of splitting skin,
The rage that bursts from deep within
Friends and family, they all mean naught -
This life is new, with danger fraught.
Welcome now the rage within,
No longer hidden beneath your skin
."

Bent over in torment on the dirt path from the cursed words, I watched as my once-beloved and her new love nuzzled passionately while murmuring lovingly to each other. Rosaline paused before heading back to me to whisper in my ear, "I could never love you the way I love Joseph," before they both walked away.

It seemed like days had passed - sweat-filled, stomach-cramping, hair-growing days - but it was merely hours of agony. It finally came to an end near dawn, and I lay there, panting heavily. I couldn’t move. Every muscle hurt - Hell, even my hair hurt. I finally had the strength to move, and my eyes were now focused instead of blurry. In shock, I looked down at myself. Two dark furry legs that had once been golden filled my vision. In a panic, I ambled forward, looking for a pond to see what had become of me. Rage filled me once I came to look upon myself: my once-handsome face had been transformed into a creature of horror, a wolf. I bellowed a howl of sorrow and fury - what had I done to deserve this? How could I go back to my kingdom looking like this and rule? I would make them pay, my former lover and her Joseph.

I wanted to damn those who had damned me to a life of fear and darkness.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Soq Name: Vengeance
Soq Temper: Paranoid
Wolf's Name: Bloodmaw
Story:

It was an early morning in May. Golden fields of flowers adorned the sun swept plains and the deep grey lump of fur wandered alongside his white furred bride. They were a friendly folk, kind to all companions of their small home and eagerly welcoming in the occasional visitor for tea. As the months passed his white furred bride began to swell with pregnancy. All was well for the young pair.
As spring came his brides’ fur had darkened from dirt and soot similar to his own. She was nearing her expected date. “I will return my love” he kissed her softly before leaving the den to hunt. He had not been gone long when a young girl in a red cotton cape came wandering around picking berries. Cautiously he called to her “Little girl.” The young maiden turned to face him, bright blue eyes like the summer sky and curly brown hair like dried weeds. “Yes Mr?” She replied, unsure why a wolf-like steed would want her attention. “You’re very deep in the woods my child. You should beware of monsters in the darkness.” The young girl smiled with his wisdom and she happily skipped off. “Children” he muttered as he gathered berries from bushes and looked around for small rodents to feast on.
The sun had already begun to set and he knew his wife must be worried. “Best be heading home” he said, picking up a simple weave basket full of little treats he had found. On the way he passed a hunched body of red. Dropping the basket he rushed over to the corpse of the young girl. Her eyes had already rolled back in their sockets and blood spilled along her limbs and gut. “Oh no! Poor thing” he cried using his muzzle to close her eyelids. “I’ll have to find your parents...” Depressed he trotted towards the main path, where he and his bride rarely walked upon.
“You damn wolf!” a voice yelled in the distance, instantly Vengeance knew it was the wood cutter, a friend of the red caped girl. “Mr Wood cutter!” He cried cantering towards the sound. “I’ll rip your stomach open!” What was this? Why was he yelling? Running faster and faster Vengeance saw his bride torn through the middle, foal spilled out amongst the pebbles, blood splattered on the man’s arms. “What is this?” The man wondered, turning to see Vengeance behind him. A twinkle in his eyes, a deep glow beside a growl, Vengeance bared his teeth in disgust. “Forgiveness will not be passed down to murderers!” He barked, his teeth sinking into the man’s flesh, rearing his head back he tore the neck before finally satisfying his revenge.
“My dear bride... My dear son.” He whimpered “No one shall harm you. No one shall... No one.”
From this day on, the wolf had vowed to protect the memory and corpse of his family. Madness had consumed his mind, and still now you hear the screams of foals and mares, for all stallions shall endure his pain. All shall know what he had suffered and suffer alongside his insanity.

Suffer, as I have suffered.

Vanity Gardens Events

Walkinthevoid

Invisible Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Soq Name: Sullivan
Soq Temper: Vengeful
Wolf's Name: Saxon
Story: (693 words)

The Circus.
The bright lights, the sounds of happy people, the smells of grease and paint and food, the glamour, the sparkles, the joy and the laughter.
It was all he had known, he had grown here, he had matured here.
It was his home, and for good or ill he liked it.

It was home. Food, a roof over his head, the chance to make people happy, that was all he needed.
He was a freak show.

“See the wolf! Marvel at his beauty! See the size of his fangs!”
Roll up, roll up.
He pleased the crowd, he snarled for the adults and did tricks for the children, he had food thrown at him, and he had his ears and tail pulled.
He was only little, and he wanted to please.

One day, the circus was shut down. His master, a kind hearted man, believed that he would be better off alone rather than with other humans, so he left him.
On the side of the road.
In the cold, and the dark, and the rain.

It was then that it found him.
A shadow in the darkness, a thing of fear, of malice.
It took him under his wing, and he grew.

He stole to survive, he hurt and he maimed, he grew to hate the creatures that had abandoned him.
His hurt festered, he cultivated his hate, and he grew stronger.

One day, he was alone in the forest.
There she was, prancing around in her red cape, not a care in the world.

Her innocence sickened him, but he was drawn to her for some reason, so he followed her.
She skipped through meadows, gathering flowers and placing them in a basket.
He watched silently, admiring her and hating her, until she stopped.

“Alright, I know you’re there. Come out.”
He jumped, suddenly awkward and shy in the presence of a beauty such as hers.

“Why are you standing there, hating so much?”
She was remarkably astute, for such a young one.
She did not gasp at his rough appearance, she only smiled.

He felt like growling, like throwing her against a tree and drinking her blood, but something stopped him.
“I-I don’t know.” He rasped, eventually.
She giggled, stepping to one side and back again, her red skirt swishing.

“How can you not know? You’re you; you know your own mind.” She smiled. “If that makes sense.”
This ever-smiling girl had a point. How could one not know their own mind?

“I guess I was curious.”
“Well them, curious, why don’t you come with me? I’m going to my Granny’s house.”

They walked and she talked. She was so strange, she made him feel like he had never felt before. She made him feel peaceful, happy.
He no longer wanted revenge on those that had abandoned him.

They reached the house, in the centre of the wood.
It was white and red, a cheerful looking thing with a flowery garden. It was at odds with the surrounding, and the red girl marched straight up to it, and knocked on the door.
No answer.

The girl frowned, and so he scrutinized the door.
“Just pull on the bobbin and the latch will go up.” He said, after a time.
She smiled at him, and she let them in.

The house was eerily quiet as red placed the basket on the table, and began to climb the stairs.
“Shhh!” She said, motioning for him to follow.
“She must be sleeping.”

At the top of the stairs, she turned left. The door to her Grandmother’s room was open, and a red liquid slowly seeped through the floorboards just inside the room.

“GRAMMY!” She cried, running forward to where her Grandmother was sprawled, her head a few metres away from her body.

A shadow blocked the light, a swish and a thud.
Red’s head lolled at his feet.

~*~

He left the house that day covered in blood, with more hatred in his veins than ever before.
He vowed that he would never trust another again, and that all would pay for the wrongs done to him, and his Red.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Soq Name: Gonou
Soq Temper: Empty
Wolf's Name: Kuryu
Story:
How long has it been since then, Gonou could not remember. Some time ago he had a sister, she had been a wonderful sister who raised him since the disappearance of their parents. They were happy then.

One day his sister had fallen ill, she could barely get up. Gonou knew of some plants that could possibly help her. He trotted off that day early to find them. She had taken care of him his entire life and it was time he repaid her. It was not until the night that he came upon the plant that could help her. Gonou knew he would not get back for some hours and hoped should could hang on.

Gonou galloped back as fast as he could and as he got back he became worried for he heard much strange rustling and snarling. He had left her near a stream, that distance she was able to manage. His eyes widened as his sister came into site. Small furry bodies were surrounding her and she was not moving. He recognized it to be wolves attacking her. The appearance of another startled the wolves and they ran off, but it was to late for his sister.

His front legs knelt as he looked upon his sister, she was not breathing and she was covered in blood. The plants in his mouth dropped on to her, there was nothing he could do for her, she was gone.

In a fit of rage, Gonou galloped off after the wolves. It was now near dawn when he came upon them. Those monsters deserved the same treatment that they showed to his sister.

Gonou did not know what came over him as he charged at the pack of wolves. His hooves struck at them all. He stopped when he realized no more were coming at him. They were gone, just like his sister. His eyes scanned the area. The wolves had all been killed by him and it wasn't just a handful either for it seemed to be a number around a hundred. He let out a howl before looking up to the morning sun and collapsed.

He did not wake until near dark. Gonou scanned the damage he had done again, feeling now indifferent to it. Slowly he trotted back to where his sister was. As he came upon her his eyes feel over her. Gonou felt nothing, he now felt empty.

Over to the steam he now went and looked into it. His features had changed. Bathed in the blood of those hundred some wolves, he himself became one. "So I become a monster now is that it? I can live with that." Feeling nothing Gonou smirked. "I shall embrace the monster, never to feel again."

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Soq Name: Matchitehew
Soq Temper: Relentless
Wolf's Name: Whelp
Story: His story began many seasons ago. To a lone mare, all but an outcast in her own herd, was born a soquili. There were two, but the younger died young, from an errant branch that mysteriously fell on her newborn body. That left the young male with his mother, a mother who was not fit to raise one such as him.

His mother was young, far too young to be having foals. She was also not quite right in the head after a fall when she was little that also left her with a gimp leg. Even Matchitehew did not know her name, for he had called her Mum as everyone else had. But when the others said her name, it was with a note of scorn and mockery his own young mind could not comprehend.

No one knew his father; yet his thick ruff, sharp teeth, and furred tail, only supplied the stories with more exaggerated versions every season he grew into his odd fur.

Growing up had not been easy for a freak of a soquili in his herd. The adults kept their distance, treating him as a disease. When he was within hearing range they would say mean things about him, and about his mother who had never been quite right and must have mated with a demon to create such a son. But even their actions, while cruel, were preferable to those he got from those his own age. The other foals kicked dirt-and-rock clods at him. They would gang up on him, pushing and nipping. His many bruises and cuts were hidden under his thick fur.

Matchitehew had no where to go, no one to console him. He was alone, except for his mother. At least Mum didn't say cruel things, nor did she beat or call him names. Even though she did not appear to understand all that was happening to him, at least she tried to comfort him in her own broken way when she saw his tears one night. She was all he had in this world.

The true horror began and ended in one listless night. It had been a full moon, and Matchitehew would never forget what happened. For that was when he grew to his true nature – that which the adults had spoken about so often. He was not born a monster, they made him.

They came, all of them, and circled around the patch of grass mother and son had claimed for themselves. Mum and Matchitehew were permitted to stay near the herd, but not to be a part of it. They had always lived on the outskirts. This night, the herd came to them.

Mum had woken first and blinked in the moonlight at the shining eyes of the other soquili. She grinned dumbly, believing they were there to greet them or join the two with their company. Matchitehew woke up shortly after, and just in time to see the first hoof fly, and connect with the this skull of his mother. But that wasn't the first abuse to occur that night.

In her numb shock, Mum did the unthinkable. No one knew in her simple mind that there might have been anything of true mother instincts. She threw her body over her son, and took all of the blows that each soquili gave to them both. Matchitehew cried out with every pounding, every connection of hoof to skin and bone, but his cries fell on deaf ears. The adults spoke while they beat his mother senseless. They told how they wanted them gone, away from their perfect little herd. But they would not chase them out, only to have their death in the wilderness on their guilty conscience. Instead, they would take care of the problem within the herd, just as they had Mum's little girl. The foals of the herd listened as well, and cheered on their older counterparts.

Their words froze in Matchitehew's ears alone, for his mother was long past consciousness. Finally, when they felt the deed was done, the heard left. They just left, moved on to greener, less polluted fields.

Mum was still alive, though with little breathe left in her. It took awhile before he understood that she wasn't just breathing, but talking. "Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I'm so sorry, Matchitehew," she whispered, over and over again. And while her son still lay protected beneath, Mum breathed her last, and her limp body breathed no longer.

The mother's son stayed where he was as long as he could, crying silently to himself. Every once and awhile, he would try to wake his mother. She couldn't leave him, he needed her. It wasn't until his stomach, his oh-so-treacherous stomach, insisted he eat something that Matchitehew did anything else but cry.

Finally, he crept and crawled, rolled and pulled. He had to fight to get his body beneath his mother's, for she had not had the strength to release him from her protective embrace. When he was free, with the light from the setting sun shadowing her beaten form, the son saw what was left of his mother. His heart froze as he had when the herd spoke their crimes. It hardened and glazed over, never to allow another living soul to enter in. No one was worth it, there was no such thing as a heart. The herd he had grown up with had shown him that.

They had done this. They killed his mother and sister! His mother had never hurt another living creature, and yet they had given her a violent death. And what had his sister done? He did not know her, so did not mourn her as he did Mum, but surely a newborn had done nothing evil enough to warrant death at such a tender age.

If it was evil the herd thought they were, if that was why they killed the two females in his life (perhaps the only ones that did and would have shown him any kindness); then he would show them! He would show his herd what true evil was. And the foals, the young ones… he would repay their actions with a cruelty all his own. And they thought dirt-and-rock clods were bad.

But first, he would have to grow. Matchitehew would need to be large and strong before he could exact his revenge, and it would not be only on the herd he grew up on. No, it would be to all – for if there had been any kindness in this world, then they would not have stood by while his herd did such things to himself and his mother.

There was no good, and Matchitehew would prove it.

Soq Name: Aimati Mianein
Soq Temper: Tainted
Rat's Name: Stain
Story: The breeze caught at her hood, tugging and pulling, as if to unmask the corrupted creature watching over the valley below her. Aimati Mianein ground her teeth; what a beautiful night, with the moon shining and the stars sparkling. How she hated it, for it reminded her that everything she has is gone, gone gone. Why should such things as beauty and love and kindness still be able to exist when her family, her herd, had been taken from her? Life wasn't fair, and she would spread the message.

They came from the East. Didn't the stories say that goodness comes from that direction? Evil always came from the North, where the bitter winds and the frigid ice killed all without discrimination. But not this time; no, this time, they came from the direction of the rising sun.

Her name had been Aimee, and she was a freshly-blossomed mare. Her herd lived with a tribe of dark-haired humans, working together to maintain the balance of nature and survival. They had done so for countless seasons. Two young fillies were underfoot back then, and her mate was always within a few strides. They were in love, and their offspring were the apples in their eyes. Even Aimee's parents were nearby, and there was a special human which she considered a great friend.

All visitors were greeted with generosity and care. They were no exception. Aimee was just as intrigued as everyone else of these pale-skinned men and their roped soquili. When they came, there was a great feast, and both parties contributed. Even the tribal soquili brought local fruits and plants to add. Song and dance finished the celebration, ending with the first rays of sun rising from the East – the direction their visitors came from.

The next night Aimee became sick. Her body wasted and her mind was plagued with horrible dreams. The pale-skinned men were gone, but in their wake had left death and despair. She saw her family and friends dying. Her children were first, and she was only able to watch helplessly. They were the first to die, though many followed close on their heels. Humans and soquili alike, the wasting disease was like nothing they had seen before. They could not fight it, for the young and old, weak and strong, all succumbed to the death it brought. Aimee wept tears of blood as the love of her life, her mate, finally met his end after a such a battle. She continued to wilt away and rave from the fever. Aimee was sure she would die any moment, and then she could join the blissful end of her family.

When the fever broke and her strength began to return, the mare lived on instinct. She dreamed, and was unaware of her body as it ate, slept, and went about its daily activities. For the mare she was had passed with all the others.

Finally, when the mare emerged from her dreams she was hale and healthy. The only memory left on her body was the pathetic mat of hair strands which was all that was left of her once luxurious mane. She had looked around, at the bloated bodies, the flies and maggots, and the untouched bodies. There had been no one to bury the others, the killing disease had hit so fast. No predators or scavengers would touch the bodies, so they simply wasted away from the elements and insects.

She searched the remains, and found the faces of all she knew – transformed by the horrific death of such a devastating encounter. But yet, she remained. She had lived….

"So, you are alive?" a voice squeaked by her feet.

The mare looked down, to see a skin-tailed chipmunk. What a strange creature. "Am I really?" she asked, and looked back at the carnage. Her tone was flat, and her heart crumpled. No, she was not alive. Surely, she was dead, as dead as those around her. Something -someone- else stood in her skin.

"You move, breathe, and blink," the rodent grinned, "so you must be alive. I have followed the path. It seems those men bring death on their shoulders." It grinned and chuckled at the little joke only it understood before looking back to the mare. "What will you do now?" It really did seem interested, for what would this herd-less and family-less mare do now?

The mare thought about everything that happened. Only days ago, she had been with her family, thinking and believing in a fresh and beautiful future. But all of that was taken away from her, snatched away by a disease none of them knew existed. She was all alone now, and what did she have to live for? She could kill herself, jump from a cliff – but what would that accomplish? If she did that, then no one would know what happened here. Her children, mate, parents, and friends, would all be forgotten. Well, they would not be forgotten, not if she could help it. Their memory would live on with her and she would spread the reality of their deaths.

"Why," she smiled cruelly, "I will spread the news."

"News?" The little nose twitched. "Why would you spread the news of the men? Warn others?" It sounded as if such an idea disappointed its small mind.

"Oh no…" the mare chuckled. "I will spread my own news: for why should I have to go through all this pain, this misery? Everyone will know my pain when I am done with them." She paused.

"My name is Aimati Mianein, and I will let all know that life is not fair." And with that, she was reborn.

The rodent smiled back, "Well met, Aimati Mianein. I am Stain, and it would be an honor to further your cause."

The mare, pale as Death, turned from the scene of cruel beauty. It had been three seasons since that fateful day. Aimati Mianein never looked back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Soq Name: Ulrick [[A variant spelling of the English 'Ulric', meaning "wolf power." It was derived from the Anglo-Saxon word 'Wulfric', also meaning "wolf power."]]
Soq Temper: Anguished
Wolf's Name: Drog [[The Anglo-Saxon word meaning "Ghost" or "Phantom."
Story: [[Words - 1,376.]]

Once..

Once the ‘Big Bad Wolf’ had it all.

There had been the two loving parents who had cared for him their entire lives, though they were now long gone from passing because of natural causes. Food had been plentiful in the woodlands that he had called home for many a moon, taking place as the land’s protector when his lone Alpha father, only with mother at his side all that time, had died and left the land to his only child. Speaking of a child, there had also been one earlier in Ulrick‘s life, during the happier times.

Yes, a child. But this was no ordinary youngster, for it was a human. A human.

Wandering through his lands one day, the hoofed beast had caught the sound of whining in his furred ears. This was no ordinary sound he had ever heard, not the squealing of a hare caught in a two-legger’s trap, nor the bawling of a fawn being tackled to the ground fiercely by a predator, or even the familiar sound of ivory bone cracking and splitting between sharpened teeth, the attacker in search of the marrow deep within. His long, lupine tail flicked curiosity at this odd thing, Ulrick let out a deep, rumbling growl from within himself, his yellow eyes slitting into a territorial glare as he started off in the direction this annoying noise was coming from.

“Hush, hush, do not fret~”

“Follow me, Drog.” The wolf-like Soquili softly asked out loud as he moved through the forest stealthily, his ears perking at the faint rustle of another coming out from the brush, knowing quite well that it was his smaller companion, a wolf who stated he was a spirit of the woods, going by the name ‘Drog‘. Looking to the smaller wolf, Ulrick noted the tense and uncertain behavior of his ‘pack mate’, seeing the canine’s stiff tail and lowered position towards the ground. The whining noise began to grow louder as the two woodland beasts neared, the true wolf suddenly giving a snarl as he leapt into the thick brush, Ulrick following after him with little cautiousness. The grown beast Soquili could face anyone that dared step foot on his territory unwelcome by he. He was sure of it.

Bursting through the bushes and other flora, the male came upon an odd sight. Drog was above a small two-legger, pinning her down sternly with rumbles coming from deep within. Moving closer to the wolf and human, Ulrich perked his ears up as he gave an inquisitive sniff at the unfurred child. “A pup.“ It appearing to be a very young little girl, barely fit to be out on her own in the woods. And without teeth! How could this thing eat?..

“For I will protect you -”

At this time, the Big Bad Wolf still had the kind side any Soquili would have, flashing a small, toothed smile as he stood in front of the crying female. “Do not worry, little one. I will watch over you until we find your mother and father, hm?” He consoled, lowering his furred head to nose at the babe gently, brushing his muzzle against her fleshed skin lightly. Giving a last nuzzle as he brought his head back up, Ulrick gave a motion of his head towards the still tense Drog, ushering him away with a reassuring nod. "She poses no harm, friend. Just a young babe is she.. Without anyone to care for her." The beast of a Soquili then brought himself beside the girl, lying down onto his stomach and folding his legs below himself. “Hush, hush, do not fret~ For I will protect you, my little pet~” Singing the small verse softly, remember it from his foal hood, he smiled blissfully, lying his head down with his chin against his chest as he brought the girl in front of him to watch over.

Forcing himself awake to watch over the two-legger’s child, Ulrick continued to murmur the lullaby quietly. Finally seeing to it that the babe had fallen asleep soundly, the wolf let out a content sigh, closing his eyes and letting himself fall asleep along with her, though keeping his ears perked to catch any alarming noises.

“- my little pet~”

A shrill cry woke the Soquili, his eyes snapping open suddenly as he was startled awake. At once, Ulrick looked for the small child he had laid near him before, his ears flicking back against his head and his slender tail going straight in suspicion. She couldn’t have run off, just being a small pup! “Where is s-”

A click caught his attention, ears perking up once more at the metallic noise, this sound being very much out of place in his woodland home. Slitting his lunar yellow eyes and craning his head around, he was met in the face with the barrel of a gun, pointed right at him by a pale skinned two-legger in defense. Letting a dog-like whine escape him, he politely smiled at the adult male, not wanting to pose as a threat to him. His eyes suddenly flickered to look at the tiny form tucked under the man’s other arm, a sigh of relief coming out from the forest’s owner. “Ah, good, you had the pup the whole time. I guess you are her father?” Ulrick questioned with a tilt of his head, giving a gentle smile at the babe, resting in the adult’s grip.

Bang went the gun.

A yelp escaped the wolf Soquili’s maw, eyes shutting at the sudden rush of pain he felt in his shoulder, the shot misplaced by the human and it’s aim at Ulrick’s head being shifted as he had spoken to the human by the fearful quaking of the adult. “I mean no harm! I was only protecting the pu-”

Another shot, this time a little more accurate, hitting the furred beast of a horse in the side, chipping one of his flesh hidden ribs.

Before he could continue to speak again in an attempt to gain the human male‘s trust, a blob of burnt umber flashed into his view, a deep and ferocious snarl escaping the unknown beast’s lips as it lashed out at the humans. Quickly growing faint by the bullet wounds in his shoulder and side, Ulrick gave one last try, muttering a jumbled “I was only trying to help..” The woodland’s protector, owner, and king at last fell to the ground on his side, passed out.

Both man and babe fell dead by Drog’s fangs.

“Hush, hush, do.. do not fret~ For I.. will protect… you.. You! You, my little pet~” A deep, coarse voice sang out, the once softly sung melody now rough and broken. This was the king of the woods, Ulrick, the wolf Soquili. He had been broken and roughed up, physically and emotionally, just like his lullaby. At his side was Drog, his wolf companion, contently giving a submissive lick at one of his Alpha’s front legs, a soft whine emitting from his throat.

His Alpha was singing this tune for him! A hushed and almost crazed laugh coming from Ulrick made the wild, smaller canine flash a black-lipped grin. The ‘phantom’ of the forest had made it’s king unbalance, but he appeared happy! And this made Drog happy. “And I’ll protect you, my lord.” The larger wolf was thought of as a true king to the smaller lupine.

All the while, the lupine Soquili only found two things that sedated him: When he had his canine pack mate at his side and when there weren‘t any others setting foot and hoof on his territory.

The king was insane now, driven by the fear and hate shown by the two-legger with the gun that day, taking the young little girl away from Ulrick. A broken record was he, repeatedly muttering his family's lullaby to himself and his one-wolf audience occasionally in his insanity, rarely speaking anything important to Drog besides the straightforward directions and orders.

Insane with a lust for human trespassers. Be it a male, female, or even a babe. No harm would come to any other of his own kind, though, unless they were clothed with the two-legger's clothing.

He would have their blood.

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

Kiara Lime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Soq Name: Demissie ( meaning - 'One who Destroys' )
Soq Temper: Destructive
Wolf's Name: Little Demi
Story: The wind was chilly as it was a sign for the cold winter coming, Demissie knew that he was quite alright for he was already prepared.

He closed his eyes enjoying the cold breeze for a bit before he walked back into his cave.

Looking down at his little wolf, Demi he gave her a smile letting her know she need not to watch over their prey anymore, that he was there.

In the far back corner were two things. a bloody corpse of a half eaten body and a Little girl terrified and injured. She was mortified being stuck so close to the dead corpse of her grandma, but even more terrified at what the big bad wolf was planning on doing to her.

He chuckled deeply as a sick and twisted grin crossed his lips. He remembered how he got this plump tasty meal. How he coaxed her into telling him where her grandmother lived and how delicious the grandmother was. The crisp brittle bones, the soft mouth watering meat.
Looking over towards Demi he nodded his head letting her know she can go ahead and continue to eat off the grandmother.

He wasn't always the cunning and devious wolf as other saw. He use to be sweet, he had a family.

His mother was the Alpha female and he was to be the next in line of the successors. That was until the hunts man killed most of the pack when they were at meats end in the winter years ago. They were just trying to get food, It being from livestock or the wild. and the livestock seemed easiest at that hard winter.

He had this harsh hatred for the Grandmother and her family. The huntsman was her illegitimate son and red was her grandmother. He knew after seeing the death of his family he'd make sure to torment the young red by letting her watch her grandmother get eaten. Then make sure to eat red later so that the history didn't repeat itself.

Walking over to his resting area, he laid down and watched intently making sure Demi didn't have trouble eating the meat. He found Demi when she was just a puppy, abandoned and starving half to death so he took her in as if she was his own Daughter. She's never left his side since either, so he's always made sure to give her the best he could hunt.

As for getting his grasp on red, he made sure to cover the blood up just right after eating half of her grandma, and copying the grandmothers voice the best he could until she was close enough to nab down by his own fangs.

He knew though to make sure to kill the hunts man before he dared to step foot into the small cottage. That way when they screamed out for help, no one would come running to their aid.

Quite a clever ploy if he thought so himself. He made sure to eat the hunts man before touching the grandmother but only to eat half of her so Little Demi could have something easy to eat when she was hungry. As for little red, she was perfect for the coming winter.

Flicking his tail he thought for a moment wondering what he could hunt next, just in case the winter was a lot harsher this year, then he perked his ears up as another grin crossed his lips. He remembered over hearing about a trio of brothers living not so far away. With that in mind he let Demi know to stay guard again as he started to head out hunting some pork for the winter.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff