Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Who lives in your house? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 pm
I know htis sounds weird, but a lot of countries, like my Costa Rican family, it's okay for a lot of people to share a house.

Here in America, its just me, my mom, my dad, my siblings when they lived here, and my grandmother when she was alive.

In Costa Rica, it's my uncle, his son, his new wife, her 3 kids, and my uncles mother in law ^^

So a full house is okay :]
But with my boyfriend, his grandmother has always lived independently.

* Who lives in your house?

* Is this acceptable in your culture?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 pm
In my house there is me, my mom, my dad, my brother, my sister, and the family dog.  

lil_miss_aquarius

3,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:26 pm
lil_miss_aquarius
In my house there is me, my mom, my dad, my brother, my sister, and the family dog.

I have a cat :]
But dogs are nice too  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 pm
Step-Father, Mother, Sister, Grandmother, Two Dogs, A Cat and Myself for the usual house.

Step-Mother, Father, Step-Brother, Sister, Two Dogs and Myself for when we go off to Dads.

Annndd....There are some others that are less common.

I suppose we have a pretty normal household.
American families like to have Nuclear Family units. Personally, I enjoy it.

Tzar Snow Wolf VII

-Saphi- Yours Truly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Haha that's awesome! And hun...over here, ten people could live in the same house if the house is big enough and they cooperate with maintaining the house (i.e. buying food, cleaning etc. )

So far in my house only my mom, dad, sis and I reside in it but my cousin lives with her grandma, on the backyard there is a smaller house where her mom lives with my cousins brother and on the second floor of her gradma's house lives her aunt...It's awesome going there and having the whole family out and sharing an afternoon together 8D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:27 pm
I have 10 people living in my house currently.
My 2 Parents, 2 Grandparents, 3 Brothers plus me, My Auntie and Uncle.
My house is not big!! I'm pretty sure you could have as many as you want if you have enough room in your house. We're all family.  

MistressHaruhi

Barton Citizen

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:06 am
In my house lives, my 3 sisters and my parrents!

And there is also some jinn's(ghosts that are invisible to humans, but they live in everyones house!) U can do blackmagik(witchcraft) and then communicate i think, but u get high chance for getting in hell then!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:55 am
I live with my parents, my younger brother and 2 guinea pigs.
My grandma (mother's mother) lived with us earlier, but she passed away two years ago.

Olania

Dapper Conversationalist

delite delirium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 pm
My husband and I. My son lives in Hallstatt, Austria, and my daughter lives in London. They are all here right now for my ex husbands funeral- this family reunion will be a interesting one.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:16 pm
I have a big family. I'm the only kid still technically living here, but at certain times of the year, we have all six kids (plus one brother-in-law) back in the house. My Grandma lives with us, and my sister's boyfriend is staying with us temporarily Add my parents and you have a full house.  

GreenEyedDryad

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 am
GreenEyedDryad
I have a big family. I'm the only kid still technically living here, but at certain times of the year, we have all six kids (plus one brother-in-law) back in the house. My Grandma lives with us, and my sister's boyfriend is staying with us temporarily Add my parents and you have a full house.

Later in 2009 my boyfriend will be living with us until we can save up for first and last months rent on an apartment x3

Its going to feel awkward.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:37 am
delite delirium
My husband and I. My son lives in Hallstatt, Austria, and my daughter lives in London. They are all here right now for my ex husbands funeral- this family reunion will be a interesting one.
Boarding school?

What is your profile song? it's marvellous.  

In Medias Res II

GreenEyedDryad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:02 pm
PiercedPixie2
GreenEyedDryad

Later in 2009 my boyfriend will be living with us until we can save up for first and last months rent on an apartment x3

Its going to feel awkward.

It's actually not that awkward for us. They've been dating for years--since I was in elementary school and I'm about to graduate high school now. He's already like a big brother to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:29 am
Just currently me, little sister, mother, grandmother/father  

The_HugePh3nom

LeBookworm

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:16 am
In America: My parents, my little bro, and me.

In Vietnam: My grandparents, all their children, their children's spouses, their grandchildren, and several dogs.

Yea...lol.

The World Mosaic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces