[PRP] Spitting Image (Inali, Ambroise, and Vidia) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:57 am
This is a private roleplay for Teh_Sil's Inali Paramekia Darkheart's Ambroise, and Lady Evelyn Nyht's Vidia.
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

In the plains.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:08 am
User Image She was several meters away Ambroise as they took the midday to graze under the hot sun. She was getting accustom to it now, but she still missed her home that was at the base of the mountains in the forest. Her mind was miles away, between here and those tall peaks. The last mare they'd run into, Bonfire, seemed like ages. Of course, everything seemed longer when your only company is yourself and the brooder.

With her thoughts of him she stole a quick glance. She didn't understand him one bit. He could leave her in the dust at any time he wished but didn't. She just didn't understand him! Stallions! She snorted loudly, blowing up a cloud of dust as she searched for the greener roots.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Teh_Sil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:06 am
The day had come; it was time for Inali to leave the forest that she had made her home for so many long months. She had finally run out of things to do, and the repetitive nature of her daily existence seemed determined to drive her mad. A sharp mind could wither, and did, under those conditions. So it was with obvious reluctance that Inali left, though her whole body conveyed an underlying eagerness that belied any looking back.

After crossing the river in a suitable place, Inali had found herself on the broad plains. The open sky and lack of any tall greenery made her on edge, constantly glancing upwards for the sign of anything dangerous. So set was Inali on glancing up at the sky, that she almost ran into a young mare and her wind companion, both grazing peacefully.

Any apologies Inali was about to make died on her lips, as her eyes opened incredulously. "Ever?" The mare looked just like her... No, the color was wrong. Shaking her head to dispel a phantom from the past, Inali took another critical look, and found her heart tightening painfully. No, the mare was not Ever, for all she resembled her. No, she was the offspring of Ever and Tawali, a pairing Inali had long tried to deny to herself. If she could pretend it didn't exist, pretend that she could win Tawali over again... The evidence of that impossibility stood before her, and Inali found herself at a loss for words. What could she say? What could she do? Instead, she gawked, trying to retain control over her trembling body and not flee.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:46 pm
She lifted her head when she'd heard her mother's name and instinctively took a step closer to Ambroise unaware. The mare before her looked so much like her mother at first glance, but as she looked closer, she saw the startling differences that should have been evident. "No, my name's Vidia. How do you know mother?"

She was secretly worried this mare had been sent to ask her to return home. It would be like her mother to see her friends that wandered and asked them to keep an eye out for the wayward daughter. She took another step closer to Ambroise, as if he'd shield her and protect her from being carted back to her mother's home.

Keara Iseman

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:16 am
It would have been something he deemed foolish. For the mare to assume that he would stand in the way of her family's desires would have been wrong. If he were to be honest, if it had been his duty to relocate his sister and return her home then he would have done so regardless of the problems he may have encountered. In the given circumstances, if one of the herd had vanished from home without good reason and their presence was desired...then it was their duty to adhere to that. Alas, there were only some who had such a mentality.

Nevertheless, as the mare began to creep towards him he did allow his gaze to drift lazily towards the mare. Over the course of a number of weeks she had grown considerably more confident. She never spoke to him (thank goodness), but there was a strength to her gait now and she seemed much more competant. At first he had found his companion somewhat irritating but as time had progressed he had grown accustomed to his shadow - provided she didn't interrupt his reveries he would remain at her side until he recalled the outcome of his trial.

Eh - she was following him for some reason. Apparently that was an apology which he would never provide her with but he would humour her. Eventually she would grow up and aware of this fact, he had little qualms in educating the mare through these rather unconventional means. Not exactly something his mother would have approved of given she was a mare who thrived on conversation but heh...he did have the 'personality of a plank' as she often told him.

Fondly, of course.

Ah but there was a part of him that remained territorial and over protective regardless of who was in his company. Vidia had become his shadow and consequently, her agitated state was enough to interrupt his own reverie. Again, it was for selfish reasons alone that he released a sigh and lifted his head. His pale gaze shifted towards Inali as the irridescent tresses of hair tumbled across his face. Expression ever stoic and stance ever 'inviting', he wasn't the most pleasant of individuals to greet on a sunny day.

That being said, his blunt nature always had the ability to shatter the ice with great accuracy. A few simple words from him ticked the other off and they started ranting, chattering irritably. Hmph - but if it would stop her gawking rudely then really he had no choice. Apparently everything in this region had no manners.

"If you are going to stare, at the very least shut your mouth," he pointed out smoothly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:50 pm
So the mare /was/ Ever's daughter. Inali had thought for a moment (just a moment!) that she had made a mistake, and would need to retreat to the scene with whatever was left of her dignity attached. But no, Vidia, as she called herself, was clearly the daughter of Ever and Tawali. And how could Inali explain that relationship to the product of the two?

Admittedly, she took the easy way out. "I am friends with your mother. We used to live in a teepee together, for a brief time. And I was friends with your father." If you could call it that. Grinning ruefully, Inali arched her neck in some form of graceful apology. "I am Inali. I am sure you have not heard of me before- I have not seen your mother in so long! Do you have many siblings?" It would pull at Inali's heartstrings more, but she wished no ill upon Ever. Her fellow red mare had found happiness, and had made a family for herself.

Seeing that Vidia was nervous about some aspect, Inali stepped backward, trying to give the mare her space. She also took the opportunity to step away from the winged stallion who was the mare's companion. He didn't seem pleasant at all, and while Inali was an intruder, she didn't deserve his rather brusque words. "I didn't think what I was saying to the mare was any of your business." Arching a silver eyebrow, Inali inwardly bridled, her hot blood starting to cloud her judgement. It really wasn't any of his business though, what transgressed between Vidia and Inali. Inali clearly wasn't a threat- she just wanted to know the news of an old friend. Was that so wrong?

Flicking her ears back, Inali dropped all pretense of not being annoyed, and instead regarded Ambroise with her present frame of mind. "I assume you two are together then, since you take such interest in her life." They had to be a couple, didn't they? For all intents and purposes, they seemed to be.

Teh_Sil

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:26 pm
She hadn't noticed that she was standing so close to Ambroise until he spoke. The only time she ever heard him talk was muttering under his breath, so it was a shock even to hear his voice after their silent traveling. She gave a faulty smile to him briefly as she stepped away, a small apology of sorts.

Inali. That did sound familiar from her parents' stories when she was a child and then it made even more sense as the red mare explained.
"Oh! You're Inali! Mother spoke fondly of you when she talked of her first months in these lands." She didn't know anything about the troubled past that was shared between the older Soquilis.

And then the question of siblings brought a frown. It was right after her sister had returned and her mother was pregnant that she'd left her mother's teepee.
"I indeed have a sister, Uwoduhi'Suli, who is back with mother. I'm certain you can find her and my other siblings just at the roots of the mountains near the river. The last I knew was my mother was expecting more. They should be foals now."

She looked back at the winged stallion beside her then. He only knew of her troubles with his brother and nothing else. Even she didn't know much about him. She wondered what he was thinking about this information. And then she choked on air at the assumption. Her face was plain with shock. "Uh--n-no. We're not together per say, just traveling companions." She knew better than to drag personally matters out into the open now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:36 pm
"That would be a very ridiculous assumption to make," Ambroise replied darkly, raising a brow at the red mares rather impolite personality. He found it somewhat hypocritical of her to question his motives, when she was prying even more than he was. On the contrary, the stallion only chose to speak up given that his personal space was being invaded. He would sooner shut the damn mare up by slicing her tongue out than have Vidia cuddling into him. Granted, the mare was completely unaware of the close proximity but Ambroise was not one to send out the wrong message.

Thus, it was only after a few seconds of silence that he released a somewhat dark chuckle and shook his head. With a seemingly dismissive ruffle of his wings he brought further distance between himself and Vidia. "Given that you pry even more and thrust a mare into my personal space..." he released a small sigh, shaking his head again as he seemed to dismiss whatever words he was about to make. No, he had his manners and while he loathed the company of yet another stupid mare he would endure it.

Lord knew, she would get bored and bug off eventually.

Granted...he had thought Vidia would be the same but she had stuck to his side like the mosquitoes did. The only difference was that she didn't suck his blood, instead she drained slowly but surely at his mental barriers and his patience was wearing thin. He was beyond irritated by her company on occasions but bit by bit he was adapting, so long as he kept his back turned he was never there.

"I would not call her a companion, so much as a stalker," he added with such finality that he seemed to have lost all interest in the conversation. Turning his back, he lowered his head to the grass again and flicked his ears forward. Ever alert but more interested in the threats and dangers that lurked elsewhere. Idle chit chat bored him and any revelation that may have been made about Vidia's family was lost on him. It had no significance to him, so why should he care?

Really he was a lost cause!

Epine de Rose

Teh_Sil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:47 am
So Ever had truly started a family with a gusto. She would have at least four children, perhaps five. Inali tried to imagine herself in that position, Tawali at her side, and found she no longer could. The reality of Ever and Tawali finally hit home then, and though she sighed in remorse, there was nothing she could do to change the past. Her own family was yet unstarted, but perhaps one day Inali would have one to rival Ever. Not that she particularly wanted to be pregnant, but still.

"It sounds like you have quite the family, Vidia." Inali smiled ruefully, envying the mare for having that background to return to. It must be nice, to have that network of support.

As Vidia glanced at Ambroise, Inali snorted mentally. The way the mare had gone close to him... There had to be something there, hadn't there? Just traveling companions my rump, the red mare thought to herself. One of them must have had something for the other, right? Then again, Inali was never an expert at reading the hearts of others. She could barely read her own heart.

Of course, then Ambroise had to go and run the whole thing. How could he say that right in front of Vidia? He said it so casually, so coldly. "Don't let him get away with that... That verbal abuse, or he'll always do it. I have a hard time believing that you're a stalker, Vidia." Still shocked Inali narrowed her silver eyes in regard to the winged stallion. Really, how rude! Did he care nothing for the pretty mare at his side? Did he not care what she heard?

"You would be better off following any other stallion, I think. One that could appreciate the gift he's been given." Inali knew nothing of the past the two soquili shared, so her outrage spluttered out without much reason. It was just anger that a stallion could treat a mare so callously, and that nothing would happen from the mare.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:31 pm
Well then. She had been trying to keep their personal tiff private, but with such a bland statement from the stallion, she just stared at him as she spoke. "Oh he's mostly right. He insulted me twice and I have vowed to follow him until the sun burns up the earth." Tawali's eyes seemed to blaze with the fire of Ever as she glared at him.

She walked a few steps away from Ambroise then, leading Inali away so they could talk together and not disturb the grumpy sunrise Wind, not even bothering to acknowledge him after her revelation to the mare.
"Don't concern yourself overly much on my personal matters though. It's," she paused, "a learning process. And mother always said, sometimes you have to fall first before you learn anything." She had a very detached smile at the memory.

Vidia glanced at the red mare hesitantly. It seemed she hadn't been sent to fetch the wayward daughter home, so the tension eased more from her withers. But Inali could tell her things she hadn't heard from her parents, about them.
"So my mother was a teepee mate with you for a time? What was she like then?"

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:54 am
In a somewhat strange way Ambroise did take note of Vidia and did ensure that she remained safe. However this protective nature stemmed from duty and upbringing as opposed to any form of emotion. In a manner of speaking he had felt obligated to keep an eye on her until she finally went home. Thus, it had been for that reason alone that he had stated that Inali move away. With the exception of rescuing his own personal space it would have ensured he could continue with his musings undisturbed.

However as the red mare began to bitterly insult him and refer to Vidia as a 'gift' he had been given he became just a little more tetchy. It would just be his luck that the stereotypes of the Kawani lands shone through. Ever creatures to jump to conclusions, low land soquili were completely content to stick their noses into business that didn't concern them. It was obvious that she would side with the other mare but still... Talk about a lack of respect.

Ruffling his wings the stallion at last turned his gaze towards Inali in absolute disgust. Turning his body round to face her, his once stoic expression had transformed into something more sinister. Ah yes, honorable as he might be it did NOT have to extent to territory that was not his. Nor was he obligated to endure the constant company of his stalker either.

"Take note mare," he spoke up at last, his soft voice unusually sharp. "That mare is no gift to me, she thrust herself upon me and is no better than a leech," ever brutal he raised a brow and placed his most critical eyes upon Inali before shaking his head slowly. "You would do well to shut your mouth unless you know the full extent of the situation - lest I cut your tongue out for you." He snapped darkly.

"If she dislikes how I treat her, she knows what to do."

It was with this in mind that he released a cold chuckle and swung his form round again, his back to the mares as he began to distance himself. Perhaps if Vidia remained distracted long enough he could escape and be free of her. Stupid as the red mare might be, she could provide a service to him. That being said he would remember that face - an unwelcome one if he did say so himself. Any attempts to enter his territory would prove an uncomfortable experience for her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Finally annoyed with Ambroise beyond all further reply, Inali turned one dark red shoulder to him, shutting him out of the conversation. Never mind that he had already turned away. In a battle of wills... This was a stalemate, wasn't it? Inali had never met a stallion so foolish! If only she knew what similarities her attitude shared with Ambroise's. Ah well. The hard headed never learn.

"Your mother is a wise mare." Inali smiled softly, more than happy to fulfill Vidia's requests. The white mare was correct- you had to make mistakes in order to learn. Inali had made plenty, and would make plenty more. Vidia had room to make them, the red mare was sure.

At Vidia's question, Inali laughed, eyes flashing merrily. Ah yes. How to explain to the young the antics of their parents? "Your mother and I lived with another mare, Daisy. We were all quite similar in coloration- it just got progressively lighter and lighter. I think that Ever was always the most rational, and the wisest of us."

What else? Inali had closed her mind to much of her past, but she still managed to drudge up much of it. "She didn't live with us for too long, and I moved out not too long after she did. I haven't seen Daisy since. Or your mother, for that matter. We had... Well, I don't suppose she truly knew, but something happened that I would rather not discuss." Shifting uneasily, Inali stared down for a moment, before raising her head in some form of defiance again.

"But your mother has always been bright and full of life. We were good friends. I felt like she was my sister at times- we did look so very similar! It was a nice time. I hope I find companionship like that again. Your mother is a good mare, Vidia."

Teh_Sil

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am
She was disappointed to hear that her mother had always been the same. There was no recklessness in her past from Inali's words, nothing but what she already knew of her mother. But perhaps some day she would find this Daisy and see what that mare thought of her mother. Anything to mar the perfection of her family and their love so she wouldn't feel like such a screw up.

Vidia still had a feeling that Inali knew more than she was letting on. Her inbred manners screamed for her to leave it well enough alone, but...
"The first step to recovery is to talk openly about it," she said quietly. Okay, so she was more than curious about what might have caused such a strained friendship between Inali and her mother. Even her mother didn't know. "Or should I keep my hooves clean of it and pretend you didn't say anything? It's not like I'm going to go running to my mother's side and tell on you," she said with a cheeky grin that was completely her father's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 am
Startled, Inali turned her light colored eyes keenly onto Vidia, trying to scan the mare for any signs of deception. No, she probably didn't know. Why would she? Ever probably didn't even know herself. Only Tawali and Inali knew, and neither one of them was particularly likely to spread the secret. But why should she tell Vidia? Would it clear her of her doubt? Her guilt? All her pent up emotions? No, it would not do that, but it could help. Anything that could help...

"It is a long story, and over dramatic. I hope you don't mind if I make it concise." Taking a deep breath, the red mare gathered herself, trying to find any good way to let loose her tale of woe. It just seemed so hard, to let someone who was basically a stranger know the most intimate secrets of your heart.

"Your father... I think I met your father before your mother did. I suppose it is hard to see with the eyes of a daughter, but your father is handsome, and charming. We got along swimmingly, which was not my usual experience with stallions. It makes sense, then, that I fell completely in love with him. But I couldn't gather the courage to tell him. I was so afraid of rejection, so afraid that he would leave me, or scoff at my love. By the time I told him, it was too late. Your father had met your mother, and I was a second thought in his mind. I told him... But nothing could change it."

It was difficult for Inali not to shed tears, but she managed, instead looking stoney and angry at the injustices life had thrown at her. "I think it is a good lesson to have. If you love someone, tell them as soon as possible, or you'll loose the chance entirely."

Teh_Sil

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:03 am
At first, she wasn't sure just what to say. What could you say in the face of someone's anger, someone's pain? She wasn't even sure who Inali blamed more. And her tale sounded similar to her own that she couldn't help but steal a glance back to Ambroise, touching her eyes to the parts he shared with his younger brother physically.

She gave her mane a solid shake, sending the length over the other side of her body.
"But what if they never had those feelings to begin with? What if they would only see you as a friend no matter where your heart flew off to? If you continue to kick your hindquarters for the failing of one love, you'll miss seeing a new one appear." She tilted her head to the side. "But the question remains, who are you upset with the most? My father for never seeing you as a lover, my mother for appearing to steal him away from you, or yourself for being a coward?"

She offered a warm smile to the older mare, one that was very much Ever's filled with comfort and goodwill. She wasn't sure how Inali would react to such blunt questions, even if they had been circling in the other mare's head for a year or more. But she knew from her own experience, it was best to make peace to quiet the discord of her past. But to take action one needed a strong enough backbone.

"I don't think you'll be able to handle my parents together." She made a face, remembering just how lovey-clingy the two of them could be in close proximity. "They act like yearling foals in love whenever they get to see each other. It's like watching them fall in love all over again and I will warn you that will be the hardest thing to see. But seek out my mother if you truly have no qualms with her and the past."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff