This is a private RP for

Rivener (Aphismet)
and
Melisande d'Pasha (Aki Ana)

Time: Middle afternoon
Place: Music Tower record store, in Gambino Mall
Weather: Sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:23 pm
Rivener had come here on his own, for once. Aphismet was becoming more and more lenient with his ward, letting the Scorpion take the bus and go wherever he pleased. Given an allowance, Rivener had been eager to spend it in the Camera store, which was best-stocked at this location. Rivener's quest for a zoom-lens had been successful, and he now carried the bag under an arm, ignoring the few stares he got as he floated along.

Suddenly, the dark Frei paused. A beautiful song was spilling out of the Music Towers record store, faintly at first, then gaining in strength the closer the Raevan had approached. Now in front of the doors, Riv was staring inside intently, wondering what this song was. A thought occurred to him: he still had some money left. Maybe he could buy this lovely song. Smiling, curious, Rivener entered the store.

The Scorpion immediately went for the counter, asking the clerk what music this was. The clerk blinked a little at the strange creature, but answered the question nonetheless. The group's disc was upstairs, the man said, pointing at the elevator and supplying Rivener with the name he should seek out.

Happily, Rivener turned and floated to the elevator in a hurry, ducking in quickly and pressing the button to go up.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:38 pm
Two things dawned on Melisande as the doors slid closed. The first was rather startling. Wasn't that...Rivener? The muse's wings closed slightly, cupping lightly against her back. The second thing...was a button. That was what she'd been missing. A kiss of blush settled over her cheeks, and Melisande drifted just close enough to stretch out one bare, slender arm...giving the glowing '2' a poke as well.

Though it suddenly seemed a bit darker inside, it was a lovely day outside. Pasha had dressed for it...leaving her sleeves and her purple corset at home. Instead, she wore the just simple white top that was usually underneath, cotton clinging loosely at her waist. A long white peasant skirt did a decent job of helping her blend in...the thin pale fabric was just flowy enough to help hide her spiraling ribbon.

"Excuse me." Her voice was small, the words offered in polite deference rather than as a lead for a question. She hadn't been dreading seeing Rivener again, not really, but only one thought echoed as she drifted back. Oh, why today?!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm
Rivener startled as a hand slowly poked past him, pushing the already-glowing "2". Riv had been in such a hurry he hadn't even noticed someone else in the elevator. When he turned to glance back, he saw why: the girl's pale coloring had blended in with the pale backdrop of the elevator. Blonde hair, white blouse, pale skin...

Only now did recognition dawn on Rivener. He turned fully to look at her, mouth agape, frowning. "You," he said, with perhaps a little more animosity than he'd intended. His own cheeks flushed slightly as the thoughts of disdain suddenly mixed with something else, something new; She's so PRETTY.

Just turn back around, Riv told himself, fists clutching nervously at his sides. He frowned, more as a defense against these strange thoughts, turning his back to the girl. Soon the elevator doors would open, and they'd not have to be around each other at all. Rivener would go on his way and pretend this never happened. Pasha would... Well, who cared what she did. She'd be away, that's all that mattered.

A strange, heavy lurch shook the elevator all of a sudden. Rivener wobbled in place as his ribbon twirled under him, regaining his balance. "What the-"

*ding* Sorry for the trouble, people, the elevator is blocked. We're fixing it as we speak. Sorry for any inconvenience! *ding*

s**t. He was stuck here with her, of all people. ...Something like the fluttering of wings began flapping against Rivener's non-existant stomach. Strange feeling.

"...Well," he said flatly.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:12 pm
Melisande had kept even her gaze to herself, ignoring his seething observation and examining the fluted hem of her white shirt absently, to keep herself busy. As the elevator lurched, though, she jumped...one hand settling on the wall in surprise. "Oh!" Eyes wide, she looked upward as the polite voice tried to reassure them, pink lips parted. Slowly, she looked back down...first at Rivener, then at the glowing button. "Oh, no."

If only she hadn't pressed it again!

A few pale petals curled into the air, drifting in the space between them. As much as she dreaded awkward silence, Melisande tried to think of a way to avoid conversation. Their conversations had always ended with one of them leaving, but now...there was no where to go!

"Well?" Pasha's tone was just the slightest bit curious, despite herself. She held one wrist gently in her other hand, backed about as far into her corner as she could gracefully go. Still wide eyed, she watched him bristle, and wished distantly she were somewhere, anywhere, else.

The moment stretched, and she relaxed the slightest bit...the tips of her delicate wings spreading low as she exhaled. "Is that...it?" Pasha sounded a bit relieved.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 pm
Rivener turned his head to glare at the girl, catching himself half-way through looking her up and down once again. He snapped his head back to the front, coughing to hide the breath that had hitched in his throat. He-he'd just swallowed wrong is all.

"Is what it? What are you expecting, exactly?"

The Scorpion was incredibly uncomfortable, and the only way he knew to deal with it (with anything, really) was to lash out. Still, he kept his wings carefully tucked, fearful of another near-fatal mistake. He wouldn't strike anyone. But his voice hadn't yet learned that lesson, and his words held an edge even though he didn't mean them to.

...why didn't he mean them to, though? Didn't he HATE this girl? Wasn't she the embodiment of everything that had scared him, bothered him, annoyed him when he was freshly born? Was anything different now?

Yes, something WAS different. Rivener couldn't understand what. Pasha was... grown up, now. But that wasn't really the different thing. Something inside Rivener was different. He actually, honestly didn't hate her anymore, did he? The realization was startling, making the Scorpion flustered. H-how should he act? There was already so much bad blood between them, Riv had no idea how to change any of that. He glanced over his shoulder at the girl once more, waiting for the answer.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:01 pm
Pasha opened her mouth, lips parted as though she were about to speak, before shutting it again. What was she expecting? Sliding her hand upward, now holding her other arm lightly at the elbow, she raised her bare shoulders in a shrug.

"I suppose...angry words. You're still cross with me." Her voice was delicate, but she wasn't whispering. The words were just carefully spoken, and surprisingly, free of accusation or apology.

Lifting her eyes, Melisande glanced up at him...eyes flashing blue like a break in the clouds. Just for a moment, and then she glanced downward again...gaze unconsciously drawn to the shopping bag he carried. It was easier than seeing the irritation on his face. "I understand. You can't like everybody." When she lifted her eyes again, it was with a smile. Not a sad smile, nor an innocent smile...something different, that crinkled the corners of her eyes.

"You taught me that!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:18 pm
Rivener sighed, although it was only half in annoyance. The other half of it was regret. Of course she would think he hated her. He really had hated her. But he shouldn't have been so mean about it. Wouldn't it have been better to keep that from her, spare her feelings?

Her voice, soft and firm at the same time, as delicate as her features, startled Rivener. He'd taught her something? About... Recollection came quickly of the Karaoke party, when Rivener had yelled at her for trying to get the whole world to love her, or something like that. He'd been jealous, because he knew that this girl, with her beautiful face and soft hair and bright-yet-sad smile, she COULD bring the whole world to love her. And if she did, Riv wouldn't have had a choice.

Another sigh, this time completely regretful. Riv was still too uncomfortable to glance over his shoulder at her, fearing another blush as he stared at her striking features, but he did speak, his voice trying to be a little more tolerant. "I'm... I'm not cross with you. It's just-..." He drifted off, unable to finish that sentence, not even sure what belonged there. Was he just clinging to his old emotion because he didn't know what might take its place?  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm
She let the silence stretch. Just what? Melisande didn't want to push the question. After it was clear that he couldn't spare the words to finish, Pasha tilted her head. Her curls shifted slightly, held in a loose, low summer ponytail behind her slight shoulders.

"...just me?" A simple question, and this time, Pasha's smile was a touch sad. "Okay then. Once the doors open..." She trailed off, looking upwards, before dropping her eyes back to his silhouette. It made her feel a bit ill to think that he couldn't stand even the sight of her, but Melisande's small smile endured.

"...I hope you go back to having a good day, Rivener."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:13 pm
Rivener brought a hand up to his face. This sucked. He was always so suave, had the perfect thing to say, was so confident... Was that all just an act?! He couldn't even manage to speak one full sentence to this person, here? That was ridiculous. C'mon Rivener, the Scorpion told himself angrily, Stop being a tool. Be yourself! Tell the truth! You're alone with her here, no one is going to go tell on you for being a pansy or a softy or whatever the hell you're scared of. And who exactly are you trying to keep it hidden from?

"Urgh, that's not it either," Rivener made himself say with a groan, finally daring to turn around and face Melisande, although he could only look at her for a few moments before his face felt a little hot and he directed his red-eyed gaze elsewhere. "Look, I-... I'm sorry I was so mean to you. It was uncalled for, and I don't know why I did it. You didn't do anything wrong. So... So it's okay."

He wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, but it didn't sound so bad. Now if only he could manage to wipe the last vestiges of this confused frown off his face...  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:39 pm
Melisande's smile faltered, and faded slowly. It was obvious his words made her uncomfortable, and she crossed her arms low across her stomach as she looked away. After he trailed to a stop, she took a deep breath, chest swelling under thin cotton. Curls shaded her eyes, but her voice was still light.

"I'm sorry..." For the first time, she apologized...words stretching out in explanation. "...they made you say that. Aki, or whoever it was. That isn't right."

Slowly, she lifted her face, and gazed full on towards Rivener as a genuine, ghostly smile returned. "You're a jerk, Rivener. But...you're just you, and..." Her tone softened the truth of the words, and she paused, catching his gaze despite his reticence. "I'm just me. That's okay."

Offering him one hand, palm down, Pasha's lips parted in expectation. She didn't know if he'd take it, or spit...but either way, she'd made her peace.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:22 am
Rivener frowned, his chest swelling up into a painful inhale of breath. That... That stung! Someone made him say this? He was a jerk? She was holding out a hand anyway? What the hell was going on?!

Growling, angry once again (to hide the pain that flashed across his face for a second), Rivener batted that hand away, floating upwards a bit to loom over the other girl. "No one made me say this! What, you think someone PLANNED for me to be stuck in here with you?! I'm trying to apologize, dammit! Well, you can just forget it, then! YOU'RE the jerk!"

Rivener turned back around to face the elevator doors, crossing his arms, sending his camera store bag swinging into his ribbon. Okay, that last one had been a little childish, but his mouth had gotten away from him for a moment there. His cheeks flushed and his lips were pressed into a tight, disapproving line. He'd burned that bridge forever, then, it seemed. Not with poison this time, though. Words did all the damage, and it was almost as destructive as any poison. Riv sighed.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:03 am
As Rivener's hand met hers with a slap, Melisande withdrew it...holding her hand lightly against her chest. Her eyes widened for a moment as he loomed upwards, but she didn't look particularly afraid. The muse seemed to be listening, watching his face change as he spat the angry words.

"Maybe...I am." Rubbing at the pink mark upon the back of her hand, Pasha watched him continue to seethe. She didn't feel any loss at his mood swing. This was the Rivener she knew.

"And I don't mind being your jerk. Everybody needs one." Distant voices echoed from beyond the doors, muffled and unhurried. Pasha listened for a moment before glancing again to Rivener's back, his vivid contrast against the silver elevator doors.

Floating just a bit closer, Melisande settled the tips of her fingers on his arm in a gentle tap, the pink already fading from the back of her hand. "But I am sorry I ruined your apology. It was a rather nice one..." She trailed off, remembering what he said, and withdrew her hand before he could bat it away again. "...and I'm glad no one made you do it. Is it too late to accept?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:19 am
Rivener glanced over his shoulder with a frown when he felt fingers on his arm, resisting the urge to flinch away. She was so... incomprehensible, this girl. Everything she did was strange and not quite natural and that must be why Rivener doesn't like her. She's beautiful and perfect, and so very beautiful, and, and...

Riv sighed and turned his head back to the doors, hiding the blush. Why was he acting so differently around females lately, dammit? And she was trying to accept his apology now? After saying that she was okay with him hating her, and okay with her being a jerk to him? "Everyone needs one?"

He sighed. "Fine. Accept it if you want, it's yours to do with what you please. But just so you know, even though I was "your jerk", things don't always have to stay the same all the time. Things change." He couldn't look over his shoulder again, instead crossing his arms and waiting for the people beyond the door to figure out how to open it. Okay, so she would dislike him for good. He figured he deserved it, but still. At least he tried.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:41 pm
Two simple words, and Pasha finally relaxed. Things change. Her shoulders softened, chin lifting as she took an easy breath. The very tone of her voice rounded, a kind note that unfolded slowly...one she'd never used in Rivener's direction. "You're right. I'm thankful they do."

"Would you..." Melisande paused, not reconsidering, but stalling for just one more moment as her courage gathered. She felt, somehow, paper-thin against Rivener's looming silhouette. "...like to come with us? With Lucia and I, to visit Zavier?"

The curls that were too short to fit back into Meli's low pony tail curled just under her chin, brushing her neck as she spoke. With bright blue eyes, she watched the scorpion Frei...sincerely wondering what his answer would be.

Ten minutes ago, she never would have doubted.  
--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff