Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Art (Get your Artistic a** in here)
Here's my art. Plz critique! Am I any good? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In art, I'm best at...
  sketching
  painting
  using clay
  using paper-mache
  (other)
  I'm good at everything in art (those who vote this, I envy you)
  I suck at all thing in art (those who vote this, I pity you)
View Results

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:38 am
Mk... I heart art, and I think I'm pretty good at it... well at least that's what the people in my art class think... stare Anyway, I found this forum and decided to show a few of mine off. whee Plz tell me what you think, but plz, no putdowns... I'm ok with constructive critisism, but don't be mean. Also... don't use any of the pictures here without my permission.

I will post more and more as I draw/paint/sketch/mold/etc. more art. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:40 am
User Image
Gaara Cuddling his Gourd

I drew this one day cuz I wuz bored and Gaara is one of my top three favorite characters on the show Naruto. (Yes, even artists can be Narutards...)

It's a simple sketch using just notebook paper and a #2 pencil...  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:41 am
User Image
My Self-Portrait

This was an assignment for art class, and I think mine turned out pretty life-like.

This picture is oil-pastel on paper.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:43 am
User Image
Rainbow Sun in Dark Clouds (Creative Color Wheel)

This is another assignment we had for art class. We were supposed to incorporate a color wheel into a picture of something (E.G. a basketball, the sun, a ladybug, etc.)

Again, oil pastel on paper.  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 am
User Image
Mask of Peace and Nightmare

Yet again, an assignment from art class. We were supposed to create a unique mask, give it a special power and put a legend behind it. I gave my mask the power over people's dreams.

Created with clay, acrylic paints, pipe cleaners and cardboard.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:48 am
User Image
Frog Prince Whistle

This was actually an assignment from last year. We had to make a whistle or rattle that worked and give it the shape of an animal.

Frog Prince is made of clay and is coated with glaze.  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:52 am
User Image
Paper-Mache Bust Self Portrait

Our class was the first one ever to actually do this as an assignment. My sculpture ended up being the only one that looked somewhat realistic and whose eyes pointed in a direction other than forward.

I used cardboard, paper, a balloon, paste, acrylic paint, yarn and one of my own shirts to create this bust.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:56 am
User Image
Abstract Hearts

*Groan* Another art assignment. Here we had to use 4 different kinds of abstract art and paint hearts. I used surrealism (top left), expressionism (top right), sybolism (bottom left) and dada (bottom right).

Acrylic paint on canvas.  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:13 am
User Image
Smile!

Yet ANOTHER art assignment... We had to think of a word and then turn it into the item that word represented. This says "Smile!" and it's in the shape of a smiling mouth.

Construction paper and glue.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 am
User Image
Cat Nap

Actually, this was an assignment, but it wasn't in Art. It was in GEOMETRY! We were talking about tesselations and we had to make one with a report... stare Anyway, some people just randomly cut and taped their design paper and tried to think of something that the shape looked like. I purposely tried to make mine into a sleeping cat. I think it turned out EXTREMELY well.

Colored pencil on paper.  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:18 am
User Image
Shoreline

This was my final project for the year in art. My classmates and I had to find a photograph of a landscape and paint it. This is the result of my photograph.

Acrylic paint on canvas.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:33 pm
User Image
Rock Lee Grid Drawing

After doing grid sketches in art, I fell in love with it for a few weeks. This is one of Rock Lee I did during this phase. Personally, it's my favorite of all my grid drawings.

#2 pencil on paper  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:36 pm
User Image
Chibi Raccoon Gaara

Back when I was first experimenting with my own "chibi" techniques, I often drew Gaara as a raccoon. (I also drew Naruto as a fox and Lee as a squirrel, but they didn't turn out all that good.) This is the only one I have actually colored in my stack of sketches of Gaara.

#2 pencil and colored pencil on paper  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 pm
User Image
Rock Lee Plushie

Something weird happened when I took its picture and made it all shiny. Anyway, I had this phase where I drew everything as a toy. Here is one of those drawings.

#2 pencil and colored pencil on paper  

1Rock_Lee_Fanatic

Art (Get your Artistic a** in here)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas