Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP]You're strong .. I like that!(Masquerade and Dyson) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:01 pm
User Image

Masquerade moved through the shadows gracefully her small body weaving between bushes and trees. She was looking for something, but she wasn't to sure what yet it was as if her mind hadn't made it's decision so it just kept pushing her on and on. Pupil-less white eyes stared out at the world around her picking the shadows apart for danger. She was alone, mother had not followed this time and should danger arise mother would not be there to help. Yet ... mother had grown weak it seemed, she associated with that Incubus ... and Fachtna had said he was weak.

The filly stopped and shook her had wildly her short mane flopping back and forth. It was easy to believe the big red stallion when he'd been standing right in front of her, now she was even more confused then she had been.

"Damnit!" the filly hissed and stamped a hoof, she didn't know yet what to think ... maybe just maybe if she found another kalona they could tell her something about their views and she could see whose view seemed the more right, Mother and Incubus's or Fachtna's. Masquerade cracked her tail like a whip and loped forward.

This must have been what her mind was searching for, an answer to the questions plaguing it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:59 pm
User Image

It was almost as if someone or some thing out there were listening to Masquerade's wish. For, as she slipped her way past another cluster of dense foliage, she emerged suddenly into a large clearing that seemed to be nearly filled by an absolutely massive Kalona stallion. His dark coat was subtly dappled, like the intermittant shadows that the leafy branches cast down on him. However, strange red runes almost seemed etched over his shoulders and forelegs, glowing dimly in the shadows. He was built like a bull - thick and powerful and absolutely eminating an almost palpable confidence.

As the brush rustled, he turned to see, his muscles rippling with even the simplest of actions. Shadowed yellow eyes gazed down at the diminutive foal and a bemused smile quirked at his mouth. He didn't seem outwardly surprised as he looked her over for a moment before speaking. "Lost..?" He inquired with an unwavering gaze. And while the tone wasn't overtly threatening, his voice was a dark rumble in his chest.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 am
Masquerade paused in her tracks and craned back her head slightly to look up at the huge stallion before her. She was an odd mixtures of brown hues and bright blues flaked lightly with sparkles. Her once prestine silver horns were already blood stained even though she was still young yet. Her pupiless white eyes gazed silently at him for a moment. Her wings stretched skyward the black transparent leather stretching wide. She tossed her blue mane and eyed him, he oozed raw powerfrom the steely muscles beneath the dappled coat to the build of his body and bone beneath. She enjoyed the air of power that surronded him, it was almost intoxicating in it's intensity. It almost made her feel like her mother felt when blood was spilled in one of her battles.

She giggled crazilly rustling her wings before folding them against her back once more.

She looked back up at him cocking her head only slightly "no, not exactly .. only wondering," even for such a young thing she had a beautiful voice, but it was an almost sickeningly sweet voice. She didn't seem to fear him, actually she was rather intruiged by him. Her tail lashed back and forth behind her as she stood still watching him with her eerie glowing eyes and a psychotic grin stretched across her muzzle. Masquerade knew already that he would likely be one she'd enjoy being around. "One could say my mind is a little lost though," she tossed her short mane again her tail whipping back and forth with more intensity now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 pm
Were the truth to be told, Dyson certainly was not expecting to be joined in the clearing, let alone by one of his kind. He had been reveling in the bounty of the mid summer season. Game was plentiful, and by comparison to the lands that he hailed from, they were easy marks. Most deer did not know how to deal with a predator that knew how to take wing and snatch them from above. Most rabbits did not burrow deeply enough to escape his three-pronged hooves driven with the power of his forelegs.

There was no question in his mind that Dyson had made the right decision in coming here.

As Dyson shifted his weight as he turned to fully face the small kalona filly, she was able to catch glimpses of the remains of a meal on the forest floor. Precisely what species it had been, however, was difficult to discern now. There was nearly no identifying features left.

His eyes continued to roam over the foal's form. She was young - but old enough to wander on her own. And yet, there was the unmistakable kalona carriage in her. And in this, Dyson smiled to himself, there was potential.

"Well." Dyson began with a thunderous meter to his voice, "Perhaps this wandering mind has led you to someone that might help you find the answers." Ah, how sweet this was. Dyson did savor the opportunities to influence others.

"Something at least, must have led you away from parents..?" He inclined his head, his long spirialing horns scraping against a low-hanging tree-branch.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 am
She eyed the bone scattered floor but didn't worry to much, he didn't seem like the type to attack his own kind .. though she could very well be wrong. In any case she was here and not about to turn tail and run. She could feel his eyes on her and it made her straighten up even more her tail flicking with the slightest of movements behind her. She eyed his horns for a moment, they were different from most kalonas she'd ever meet, then again she did have an extra horn herself that protruded from her forehead only to curve back in a vicious arch that hooked into her prey and pulled out vital organs. She did want a chain like her mother had that jingled so beautifully but sadly that hadn't seemed to come to pass but it didn't bother the filly to much.

She cackled for now apparent reason and shook her little head, there seemed to be an odd insanity about the little filly. It was almost like she wasn't all there, or even worse that she could give one the impression that she wasn't all there.

"I don't know both of my parents very well ... my father isn't much of a kalona at all so I rarely if ever see him, and mother doesn't mind my wondering off as long as I'm home by dark."

She flicked and ear in almost a bored manner "as to what lead me away this day ... that would have to be my ever curious mind. My mother's views on lessers and other kalona seems to be different then what other of our blood think ... my goal is to learn as much as I can about other views and decide whom is right."

She thought again of Fachtna, his words had rung true but was his a widespread view? That she had to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:29 pm
Masquerade's neurotic mannerisms did not escape the stallion. If anything, the scrutinizing gaze only intensified. The dim yellow glow of his eyes was striking in the shade and seemed to bore down on her. "I see." He rumbled. "These woods can be quite scary after dark." He finished with a smile that displayed his prominent fangs. It was difficult to discern if this was a sign of a sense of humor or a veiled threat until his dark chuckle followed a few moments later.

He nodded his head towards a direction where the undergrowth had been trampled. "Come. Follow me, we will talk." He turned again, starting down the trail. The trees themselves seemed to cower away from the kalona as his enormous form pushed through the forest. He made no effort to move quietly or weave his way through the branches. He just strode with purpose and without hesitance. His spike-tipped tail flicked back and forth in time with his steps.

His voice carried back to her clearly above the crunching of branches and the heavy plodding of his hoofsteps. "And what views might these be, little one? Perhaps... I can set this record straight."

They emerged into a much thinner section of the woods and Dyson smiled, spreading his wings in a long stretch before folding them deliberately at his side again. She could hear the joints popping. He did not seem to be in any great hurry, but almost as if he were savoring each passing moment.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:46 pm
She giggled crazily again at his words then the deep rumbling chuckle that seemed to drum against her little chest. She watched him for a moment as he turned away before dancing after him her movements fluid and light. She danced along beside him as he shoved the trees aside, some might have been worried going deep into the woods with such a huge unreadable stallion but Masquerade seemed to have no fear of a possible ill fate coming from this, besides he seemed willing to speak of his beliefs so he wouldn't kill her yet.

"Mother, and one of her close allies whom said he is my 'god father'" she snorted "feels that half-lings should be tolerated .. as long as they embrace their kalona blood ... while many of the kalonas I ave meet in travels completely reject the idea as pure blasphemy. I've also meet one horrendous stallion that treats lessers as if they are one of us. She rustled her wings and her face puckered up in a disgusted manner.

Her ears flicked towards the sound of his popping wings and she flared her own, she yearned for the day she could fly through the air and dive upon her prey .. but those days were still in the future, so for now she settled with flapping her wings lightly to build up the muscle strength in them.

"I don't know what I believe with the half-lings .. with lessers I have a game I just love. I act like an innocent harmless kalona, draw them in and bang"" she snapped her fangs closed decisively "they never know what hit them. But with half-lings it's different ... they irritate me so greatly but mother says they should be tolerated and mothers are supposed to be right aren't they?"

The filly frowned shaking her blue mane so it flopped back and forth across her sleek neck.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:08 pm
Dyson craned his neck, glad to be out in the thinner woods where he felt that he could move. This little filly was intriguing.

"These lands, young one, these lands are rich with possibility." THere was a gleam in his eyes. True dark delight. "Here, we are rare. Many soquili have not even heard of our kind we are in such a minority. It is because of that that these deceptions of yours are likely possible. They are naieve, trusting. They might even disbelieve the stories they have heard if they have heard of us. They can be fooled, they can be used." The smile seemed firmly seated on his maw.

"I... have never had much of a taste for politics." He stretched again, this time with a look of distaste. "What other soquili choose to do with their heritage is none of my concern. And if a Kalona soils his lines and creates lesser beings, then those are likely just to be more soquili that are able to be manipulated by us."

He eyed her closer. "However... your ideals are admirable. It is... refreshing to hear that you seek to keep your lines .... pure. So many Kalona here are tainted. It seems that through the generations, even many so-called pure Kalona have grown softer, used to such a bountiful land and easy marks. Many may even have lesser blood themselves and not even realize." Dyson had no idea of the hypocricy in his words. Where Dyson was from, it was widely believed that those of the original, Pure lines were so pure that they could not be mixed with any but another Kalona. Breeding was... a complicated matter - and so much was tied into politics. It was this belief that carried in him here - he enjoyed using lesser soquili, making bargains that were wholly to his benefit. He was reveling in his freedom.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:45 pm
She listened quietly to him as they wondered along through now denser forests. His beliefs were likely true on why her games worked but she also had her own idea son the subject "that is very well true as mother has said,, I think it might also be because of my extra horn .. they associate it with a unicorn's horn ... and there for think I'm one of these so called Unikalonas ... some which are as tame and stupid as unicorns themselves."

"Mother and my god father believe that we can use the darker unikalona and their apparent insanity to our advantage ... like decoys almost." She shrugged "I never did really pay attention to their talking all the time."

"Momma is a beautiful kalona and hails from a far away land where the lesers were smarter were wise to us ... she said that the kalona's had to adapt over the centuries or die and so down her lines. Her family grow two extra horn, and she has them one straight as an arrow, and another wickedly curved horn. We're both rather proud of our extra horns even if it makes others think we are tainted." She flicked her ears back, she would never emotion that her father himself was a half-ling. "She is a proud kalona, but I feel only her views on the half-lings are misguided."

Masquerade shook her head as he spoke about the un-pure kalona lines "it is true, mother has showed me some of these families." She rustled her won wings and snarled. She liked this stallion as much as she enjoyed Fachtna's company, he was powerful indeed and also very intelligent something that almost had become non-existent in the lands.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:52 pm
"I believe you." Dyson rumbled. "Where I come from, Kalona could be rather diverse. Their tails could be like yours - thin with a spade, or mine. Or perhaps a twisted, writhin mass of tentacles. Likewise, our proud racks could come in numerous shapes. All the better to device unique ways to use them." His smile said volumes. Granted, Dyson wasn't quite sure he believed her when she said that there was absolutely no unicorn in her lineage. After all, many soquili could not recount more than a few generations. Perhaps, ages ago, a unicorn had gotten mixed up with some Kalona. He was aware of the tendancy to madness when unicorn blood mixed with a Kalona - the purity and the darkness in their blood usually mixed badly leaving the individuals unable to deal with the dichotomy.

And in this one, there seemed to be something just a bit off about her - from her anxious twitichiness to her giggling. But, Dyson did say the truth in that he cared little for politics. However, on the scale of being one-on-one, THAT, Dyson savored. And in his opinion, in dealing with others, it was just as vital to know what they believed about themselves as it was to know whatever the ephermial Truths were.

"And it sounds as if you have already been using these unikalona to you advantage. Letting others believe that you are like them to get close to them." He eyed her. "And as a foal, perhaps it is good. It allows you to understand those lessers. Get in their heads to see what makes them tick. Their desires that you can tap into to lure them or lull them into a false sense of security. Ultimately, these lesser soquili have a purpose - and that is to give us what we want. Be that a thirst for blood - like you have expressed - or... other desires. Just be certain to never tip your hand - do not let yourself give anything that you do not wish to."

He momentarily lifted his head. "However, I do not think that this deception is a crutch that you will need to lean on forever. You do not need to pretend to be anything that you are not if you do not wish. You can let them fear you for the Kalona you are - demanding what you want from them. Or you can take what you want from them when they think that they are getting something back when what they receive will only bring them more pain in the long run- making that gain all the sweeter."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:38 pm
Masquerade had never cared whether her mother, or great ancestors had lied and there was unicorn blood cursing somewhere diluted to the point of almost invisibility somewhere in their veins, she enjoyed the inherited horns, they were different and much unlike what most kalona had. She listened to him describing kalonas of his lands and cocked her head "mother said the kalona of her land were proud but had become stupid and brutish .. even turning against their own kinds for stupid reasons and trying to kill each other off." She frowned suddenly thinking of a story her mother had also told her, Shade's hidden secret of the murder of her own family. She shook her head trying to chase away the memory her her mother talking about the incident

She flicked her ears back towards him and grins "maybe I am, but I think momma means in a more physical way ... like soldiers to be used as decoys whether it killed them or not." She nodded at his warning, never tip your hand, she would have to keep that special advice specifically in mind.

Masquerade started to hum in a brief moment of silence, she was a musical filly actually loving to sing and having a fine voice for it even at so young an age. Her tail flicked in time with the beat of the eerie tune that slipped daintily out from between her closed lips.

Her humming stopped and she looked up as he spoke again then grinned brightly "I don't normally think of it as a crutch ... it's more of a game to me. I get a rush out of stringing them along, drawing them in close then shattering the deception of what I am. I don't think I'm more the demanding type, I already know I'm going to be small in stature like my mother, and I can only hope I'm half as beautiful, but I like your idea of taking what I want which only leave them in pain." She giggled crazily again and her lips puled back over her fangs in a maniacle grin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:21 pm
A look of distaste momentarly crossed Dyson's face when she mentioned her homeland. To say Dyson had grown tired of his own homelands was an understatement. It was possible that they were describing the same place, the filly's description of it colored by what sounded like a poor experience of her mother. "Where I am from, our kind was indeed proud, although I would not necessarily say stupid. Quite the opposite, there were layers of debts and bargains, each trying to vie for the upperhand in a web that was ultimately futile and self-defeating in my opinion. One could get lost in the minutia of the powerplays or displays of strength without ever truly experiencing REAL power." He shook his head with a snort. He could see why many kalona had grown soft here. Here, Dyson could truly throw his weight around, control and dominate.

"Does your mother plan on waging a war?" He asked with a note of bemusement. "Soldiers? Decoys?" He shrugged. Such notions were far from unfamiliar to him, but rulership came with tedius obligations. Even the harshest warlord had to deal with such aggravating details as the maintenance of large numbers of others.

At her mention of beauty, Dyson looked over her form again. There was certainly signs of good breeding in the filly. She had a certain... potential to her. Dyson smiled darkly. He might very well have to find this one later. She was slight of build, but she was finding other ways to get the upper hand. "I am certain that beauty will not be a problem for you... I do not believe that I did catch your name..." There was a kind of creepiness to the huge, older Kalona.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:40 pm
"Momma said they were just stupid, using sheer brutality without thinking about their attacks at all times. I feel I shall never see those lands so I cannot make a judgment on my own ideals." She stretched her little wings, the oddly semi-transparent leather showing the world on the other side. "Physical strength is good and all, but a true fine kalona is also mentally powerful." She grinned up at him, in her mind he already fit that description, she did hope to meet up with him when she reached adult hood.

"I think she would like to if your numbers weren't so utterly dwindled and proving to be weak." Masquerade giggled again "she hated the idea of foals ... but she saw how desperate our race was in need of strong blood so she decided to bare myself and my brother."

She moved along beside him,. now either unaware or uncaring of his roaming eyes. Her hooves barely made a sound as the moved in an airy fluid manner over the earth beneath them. She grinned back up at him when he told her she'd more than likely be beautiful "Thank you, as for my name it's Masquerade." Her name suited her well, and had a double edged sword to it leaning again to whether she was really crazy, or pretending to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:22 pm
"Physical strength certainly can have its uses. But it is presence just as much if not more than size or strength that gives others a pause. That chill of anxiety as they know that they face their betters. But your are correct, strength is nothing without a mind behind it. Sometimes, others think that they can outwit a large soquili, thinking him nothing but a brute. In my case, they will only find themselves all the more dangerous of an opponent."

"And perhaps I should be glad that your mother chose to further our kind." He smirked. "But there is nothing wrong with the propagation of the species if the time is right. There are a rare few that one such as ourselves can truly consider an ally." His words were honeyed.

"I am Dyson. I shall remember you, Masquerade. I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting one of my kind here with such a familiar spark, Masquerade." It had such a different timber when he said it with a deliberate rumbling. It was a statement, not so much an ambiguous tease.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Devil NightShade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:56 pm
Masquerade nodded "it's all relative, without the ability to reason we are nothing but wild brutes that can indeed get ourselves into trouble, but without brute strength we are nothing but brainiacs that could never take down our prey in a thrilling manner or accomplish the plans we come up with." Masq figured she'd be a lot like her mom there too, small but with powerful muscles that were well hidden under her silken coat. "I'm more than glad to be a kalona, and able to walk by your side instead of one the receiving end of your horns, fangs, hooves, or tail."

"I'm very glad to, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be here." she giggled and flicked her tail "II don't see a problem with it either, I'm not sure why she never wanted to have foals seeing as I've never asked." Her eyes turned to the sky, she knew she would have to be leaving his company soon, it was a long travel home and mother got extremely angry when she wasn't home before dark.

"I shall have to remember you too sir and this land so I can hunt you down once I grow. I have meet only you and one other kalona stallion I like to be around, the other was like a mentor for the short time I saw him." She loved the way her name sounded from him and it made her grin widened.

Once again though her eyes flickered to the sky and her wings shifted against her back. "I think we must part company now, as I believe I've stated mother gets ill when I don't return by dark and I have a good ways to travel."

She looked back up at him "it was an honor to meet you Sir Dyson, I will hunt you down again some day soon, you can bank yourself on that." she grinned at him then turned getting her bearings to the directions she started to wonder towards the direction she knew home was in, will her mind indeed plotted to find him again.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff