Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:32 pm
User Image

Yazmina was normally a very reserved mare. She didn't tend to exclaim at random, and she tried to keep an embarrassing reaction to herself. But when she saw the colors--the patterns!--on the unicorn mare, she couldn't help herself.

She gasped, "Oh my!" And instantly blushed, wings twitching and rustling as much in apology as embarrassment. "I'm sorry," she added quickly. "I didn't mean to say--I don't mean to stare--but goodness." There was no help for it: "You're beautiful!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:24 am
User Image

Misaki stood there in silence for a moment, a humble look on her face and a small polite smile. She lowered her head momentarily in greetings, her black locks of mane falling gracefully from her shoulders.

"Thank you, but we all have beauty to share witht he world." she lifted her head and returned the mare's gaze. "A pleasure. I'm Misaki, and you would be?"

Misaki's eyes gazed over the mare, she seemed the quiet and gentle type. She was reminded of herself with a soft laugh.

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 am
"Yazmina. My name is Yazmina," she answered, still a bit pink. "I don't normally just blurt things out, but I couldn't help myself. And of course you're right, but beauty's not always so visible."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:28 pm
She continued to smile as she listen to the mare speak, "Yazmina..." The name rolled off of her tongue gently, "That's a beautiful name." She stopped to ponder for a moment, "Jasmine Flower, isn't it?" she refered to the meaning behind the mare's name. Misaki had picked up bounds of knowledge in her travels.

"I would have to say that you're right, it's not always evident. But, outter beauty isn't the most important any how." She grinned and pointed to Yazmina's wings, "I must say though, I do envy your wings. I've heard great tales from those who can fly."

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 pm
Oh, she knew the name. "Jasmine, that's right," she agreed somewhat excitedly. "You've heard it before? It seems like I'm always explaining or being asked. No one has simply guessed at it like that. Very well done."

She spread her wings a little, less to show off than to let them be clearly seen. "I think we all have stories to tell, no matter how we travel. Do you mean tales from far away?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:06 pm
"I've picked up on a few things here and there." She smiled as Yazmina seemed pleased to not have to explain her name. She laughed softly, "I'm a flower too, if you go by meanings at least." Her name stood for 'beautiful blossom'.

Misaki's eyes glistened a bit as the mare spread her wings, she enjoyed studying traits of others that she did not have. She loved to learn new things and take in the knowledge of the world around her. "They're quite lovely. They almost seem to gleam."

Misaki gave a pondering look at Yazmina's question, "I suppose they could be, since my last home was far from here. But I'm sure there's fantastic stories of flight and adventure that come from these lands as well. Surely one day, if you haven't already, you'll begin to weave wonderful tales of your own to share."

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:54 am
"Oh?" Yazmina was truly curious. "What sort of flower? What does your name mean? I'm sorry for not knowing. It doesn't seem quite fair, does it?" She smiled, though. There was no way she could know everything, after all.

Gleam? She turned her head to inspect her own wing, tipping it a bit. The places where it was purple did shift the light a little, catching it now and then. She'd never thought of them as gleaming before. "Where was your last home," she asked. "If you'll tell me. I came from a place beyond these lands as well, but I've never seen anyone as colorful as you are. Then again, I should be used to that, I suppose. I met a colt with wings like a butterfly, and that was new too."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 pm
"Oh, no flower particularly. My name stands for 'beautiful blossom'," she didn't seem to mind explaining at all. Misaki enjoyed sharing what she knew with others.

"My last home? Far over the eastern horizon. It's been many weeks of travel to come this far." She stopped for a moment, thinking of the beautiful scenary she had passed through. She laughed softly as Yazmina recalled her meeting with a flutter. "I originate from these lands, not far from the mountain range," Misaki nodded and listened intently as the mare spoke.

"There are many breeds of our kind," she started but she didn't want to lecture on a subject she was sure the mare would know.

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 pm
"Where the sun rises?" She knew she wouldn't learn anything by looking in that direction now, and yet she couldn't help herself. She turned her head and peered toward the east like words of fire might appear across the sky and give away some secret. "You came from here and yet you traveled so far..."

She looked back at Misaki. "Did you go alone?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:49 am
Misaki smiled and turned her head, looking to the east as well. Reminising (sp?) about her days spent in the tranquil lands. "Yes, from where the sun rises. You should see the beauty of it."

Misaki turned back to Yazmina and nodded, her face just a bit more solemn as she asked about her company. "I did. I travelled as far as my hooves would take me, I wanted to see the world that lay outside in wait." She thought of her family....her sister that she hadn't seen in ages. "We're a traveling sort of family you see. My sister went one way, I the other. We never seemed to meet in the middle again. I've come 'home' hopeing that maybe she's done the same."

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 am
"I'd like that," she said with real sincerity. "To see the lands the sun touches first. They must be wonderful and amazing." She gazed east for another long moment until the solemn note in Misaki's voice brought her attention back.

"I'm sure she'll come back eventually," she offered. "She must miss you as much as you miss her."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:48 pm
"It's a beautiful land. If you ever have the chance to travel, travel as far as your hooves will take you. The scents and sounds are all different there. Magical." she smiled and nodded.

Her tail flicked slightly, her face still holding a smile. "I'm sure our paths will cross again one day, but it is not for us to decide when." she shrugged slightly and seemed to laugh, "Our destiny was laid out for us the moment we were created. All shall come to pass as it was fated to be."

Misaki's head tilted and she took a keen interest in the mare now, "So, Yazmina," her voice curious. "Tell me of yourself?"

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 pm
"I will, one day." Yazmina spoke it like an oath. "I believe that there would be magic there. Is it as full of color and warmth as the sun is? Did you bring anything back with you when you came? Other than your fond memories, of course." She was eager to hear everything.

She tilted her head then at Misaki's mention of fate. Ears perked, tail swinging lightly. "Do you think so? That everything happens as it's meant to happen? Really?"

She blushed a bit when the questions were turned back on her. Wings rustling, she nearly shrugged, and said, "I'm certain that I don't have stories that would interest you. The place that was home before this isn't that far away, just in a range of mountains. There weren't many of us and certainly no one like you. I suppose it's a little embarrassing."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:37 am
A laugh escaped her lips as Yazmina continued to question her. Curious mare, she enjoyed speaking to others who thirsted for knowledge like she did.

"I brought nothing back with me except for my drape and my memories," she looked back at the red drape hanging from her body. "A gift from a friend,"

"And yes, I truely believe that we all have a destiny to fufill. I believe that by the time our hooves touch the soil, are paths are laid out," She stopped for a moment, "I also believe, that we have choices on the route we take, but we will always come to the same ending."

Misaki nudged Yazimina and nickered slightly, "Hold your head up, now!" she nosed the mare gently under her chin, "One should never be ashamed of where they come from. Nor their family, nor their past. It is the building blocks of who you are, be proud."

Dixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:23 am
"It's a beautiful gift," Yazmina said of the drape. "It's truly striking. It suits you very well." She was sincere in her praise. "Oh, but the memories, those must be even more special, since no one can see them unless you share." She paused and flicked an ear. "Did that make sense?"

She startled faintly and lifted her head, wings flaring slightly open for a moment. She wasn't often nudged under the chin. She didn't get angry, though she did blush a bit as she settled. "You're right. It wasn't a bad place to begin. Just not as full of so many things. But you're right." She squared her wings. "I won't complain about where I came from."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff