Coin
View Results

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:46 pm
Continuing the seeming new tradition of meeting at least one historical figure per series, this time, the Doctor crosses paths with famous mystery novelist Agatha Christie. Together, the Doctor and Donna help her solve not one but two mysteries.

This episode seemed to depart from the tone of the season so far in order to just have a fun romp. It was a little quirkier, a little funnier, and all in all a little less heavy.

And once again, we have a good example of effect preceding cause; Agatha Christie disappeared because the Doctor and Donna picked her up and dropped her off right where history said she disappeared and appeared because history said she did it. Bravo.

All in all, not my favorite episode ever, and I can't say that I loved the tone of this one, but I liked it well enough.

Berz.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:46 pm
They had a car chase at 20mph LOL.  

knightofthe21stcentury

Raevyn_Angel

9,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 am
I thought this episode was a fun romp. Nothing spectacular or jaw dropping...but fun none the less.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:25 am
Another paradox solved, courtasy of the Doctor. ^_^  

Dante Alicheery

Cartazzz

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 am
I liked it, except that I have a phobia of bees and wasps and such and so those parts were a little freaky for me simply because of that. Good thing bees aren't that big in real life. sweatdrop I was never into reading any sort of mystery books except Nancy Drew but now I want to read some of Agatha Christie's murder mysteries. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:55 am
well... this episode will not get into my top 5 that is for sure. But it was a good episeode. I have not much to sat about him to be honest, not to much to tell... he was OK.  

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Trixta

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:14 am
Berzerker_prime
Continuing the seeming new tradition of meeting at least one historical figure per series, this time, the Doctor crosses paths with famous mystery novelist Agatha Christie. Together, the Doctor and Donna help her solve not one but two mysteries.

This episode seemed to depart from the tone of the season so far in order to just have a fun romp. It was a little quirkier, a little funnier, and all in all a little less heavy.

And once again, we have a good example of effect preceding cause; Agatha Christie disappeared because the Doctor and Donna picked her up and dropped her off right where history said she disappeared and appeared because history said she did it. Bravo.

All in all, not my favorite episode ever, and I can't say that I loved the tone of this one, but I liked it well enough.

Berz.

I have to agree, it was one of the lighter episodes--though it certainly wasn't one of my favorites. I like the way the camera would pan from one suspect to the other and the Doctor and Agatha would try to point the finger at the suspect...just cute!!! Donna was of course great with the comic punchlines and the quirky inside jokes. Overall it was an "okay" episode, but I think so far my favorite of this season is "The Doctor's Daughter." Can hardly wait for Saturday's episode!!! 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:52 pm
Cyanide. Deadly. Unless you're a Time Lord with anchovies, ginger beer, walnuts and a shock in the form of a snog from Donna Noble.

Classic.

Although I couldn't help but wonder why the 'Firestone' was purple.

Siriusly Smart

Raevyn_Angel

9,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:13 pm
Siriusly Smart
Although I couldn't help but wonder why the 'Firestone' was purple.

Because fire from other planets can be purple? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 am
Why is a black opal one of the most colorful variations of an opal? Perhaps the name is a reference to how it was first found or how it was formed. Perhaps it is named for someone. Who can say why any of our rocks have the names they have?

Berz.  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ceribri
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 am
Wasps.. I hate wasps!

Other than that.. *grin*
The Doctor making history happen... the anchovies and ick whee .. and awesome Clue references. mrgreen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 pm
It was...meh. It was a great break from the intensity of the season, but I wasn't really sure if it was supposed to be a mystery or a comedy or what.  

Conbryo

Elli508

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 pm
It was in the classic style of ms. marple! (Christie story made into tv show for anyone who doesn't know) minus the giant wasps. I absolutely loved it! and it's nice to have a little bit of comedy in the show every once and a while. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:12 pm
the bit with how the doctor countered the cyanide lol  

Artea

Timelady84

Romantic Gekko

5,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:17 pm
I just thought it was a little bit TOO cheesy...even for Doctor Who. A killer giant wasp/man thing? Eh...  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff