Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Spring Event: Mother's Day RP: WINNERS POSTED PG 8 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:03 pm
User Image

This family of 4 was colored by Ameh, and all 4 are eligible to be given away by RP! If you're not willing to potentially share a family with someone you may not know (aka total stranger), this might not be the best for you (we have another RP contest going to happen later on this week, so you can wait for that one!).

HOW IT GOES~

In honor of Mother's Day, the prompts are going to be family oriented (though I'm sure Soquili themselves have never heard of such a holiday as Mother's Day~). Please respond to one of the following prompts specified for each member of the family (so if you want to try for the Dad, respond to the Father prompt, etc). You are welcome to respond to any and all prompts for all family members; I just ask that you please limit it to 1 response per prompt. You can only win ONE member of the family, no matter how many prompts you respond to. There is no word limit. Looking for interaction between family members, as well as creativity. Have fun, and goooood luck!

Start: NOW
End: May 12th, 12:01am PST

Father Prompt

You've been very blessed throughout your life, especially in regards to your family, which consists of a loving mate and two beautiful daughters.

Your mate is currently feeling under the weather, so you've taken on the responsibility of looking after your two daughters. Where do you take them? What do you talk to them about? Do you try to teach them a life lesson, or do you play around?

You are allowed to godmod the foals in this roleplay response

Mother Prompt

Both of your beautiful offspring have taken after their father, genetically. Neither possess wings, leaving you to be the only one in the family capable of flying.

One of your daughters questions you as to why she hadn't been born with wings like you. What do you tell her? How do you explain about the breed differences in Soquili, and why she doesn't have a set of wings herself?

You are allowed to godmod the foals in this roleplay response

The Foal Prompt can be answered towards either filly. Please be specific in which Filly you're trying for (Filly 1 is the girl on the left in the image, with the blue markings, Filly 2 is the girl on the right of the image, with the pink marking)

Foal Prompt

Your mother is feeling under the weather, so you and your sister decide that you both want to do something to cheer her up. Where do you go, and what do you do to try and make her feel better/cheer her up?

You are allowed to godmod the sibling foal and the mother in this roleplay

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:36 am
Both of your beautiful offspring have taken after their father, genetically. Neither possess wings, leaving you to be the only one in the family capable of flying.

One of your daughters questions you as to why she hadn't been born with wings like you. What do you tell her? How do you explain about the breed differences in Soquili, and why she doesn't have a set of wings herself?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crisp Summer's air was blowing lightly under the wings of the blue mare. She had decided that morning to take a small journey to strech her wings, and to take some time for herself. To contemplate the wonders of motherhood, and the burdens.

She finally returned to a patch of long grass, where her family had been sleeping. Hopefully. She smiled at the sight of her family curled up and sleeping and decided to search for breakfast, when suddenly, a rustle came from behind her. She quickly turned and stood on her back hooves, stretching her wings out as if to appear bigger. Only then noticing it had been her own foal.

"Mommy..?" The young foal asked , shaking in fear.

The mother immediately put her guard down , quickly trotting to the foal's side.

"Yes, dear?" She licked the young foal in affection.

The foal looked to her mother and sniffled.

"Why do you have birdy wings? And why don't I?" She frowned and sniffed her mother's wings, curiously blowing on them and watching the feathers rustle.

The mother let out a silent sigh and began to lead the foal meanwhile explaining.

"You see... When mommy and daddy met and fell in love, and you and your sister appeared..."

She began to chose her words carefully , not wanting to confuse the foal, or make the situation anymore traumatizing then it could've been , if at all.

"Daddy of course, has no wings aswell..." She said smiling.

The foal looked up in curiousity at her.

"Of course daddy doesn't silly!"

They both laughed, the mare continued.

"Well, since daddy didn't have wings... They chances of you guys having wings was very small."

The foal bucked her head. "That's not fair!" She huffed and kicked.

The mother nudged her foal lightly in discipline.

"But mommy, I want to be able to fly like you!"

Her mother put a wing over the foal.

"But m'dear, you do have the winds at your disposal."

The foal looked up admirably.

"You have the speed of the winds , child. No wings could ever replace that."

The foal pondered it for a second.

"Fine then, let's race!"

The mother chuckled and got ready.

"GO!" The foal shouted and they began but sure enough, within a few seconds the mother's wings began to become heavy, and the foal raced past, circling a tree and bucking around happily.

"Momma! I won ,I won!"

The mother smiled while the foal celebrated her victory.

"I told you so~" The mother said as she walked to the foal and nudged her again.

The foal nibbled on her mother's feather. "Wings? Who needs 'em?"

They both laughed and began to make there way back to the rest of the family.

"Momma?" The foal cried softly.

"Yes?"

"I love you!" She said nuzzling her mom's shoulder.

"I love you too." She said calmly, placing a wing over her daughter and walking off into the long grass.

GallusDomesticus

Desirable Sex Symbol

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:46 am
Father Prompt

Thorne gently nudged his daughters along. They were so easily distracted by the insects buzzing around and the colorful flowers that seemed to be blooming everywhere. Occasionally a bird would fly by and chirp and a rabbit would stomp a foot in greeting, wishing the family a wonderful day. Though it was indeed a lovely day, it wasn't as wonderful as the stallion would like, but he was about to change that. His mate wasn't feeling well today so he had offered to let her rest for a bit, while he took the girls exploring. At least, that's what he told her. A hint of a smile gave birth to a huge grin as he thought about his plan.

"Are we close, Papa?", came a small voice to his left.

To his right came a softer voice with, "Yes, Papa, are we close?"

"What intuitive little darlings you are!," he complimented, beaming with pride though he knew it was most likely coincidence rather than real intuition, "Our destination is right up ahead." Within seconds, the two fillies started running towards the apple grove that had just come in sight. So many delectable apples were scattered on the ground and they wasted no time tearing into them. They were so delicious!

The stallion grinned and indulged himself in a couple apples, savoring the sweet taste of them. When he was done he turned to his daughters, "Now, are you ready to do what we planned?"

The little heads shook fervidly and the two fillies searched around the ground for the biggest, juiciest apples they could find. Carefully, they clasped an apple in each mouth and turned to their father, who had done the same. With a wink of his eye, the stallion turned and started the walk back home, the two tiny figures happily following in tow. If an apple a day could keep the sickness away, then imagine the power behind three chosen and given with love.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:53 am
Mother Prompt

The mare rests in the dappled afternoon sunshine under a tree, enjoying it's warm light. The wind is blowing gently, and it feels like a fine day for flying. Soft hoofbeats break her from her serene reverie and she opens her light blue eyes to gaze into the eyes of her young daughter with blue markings. "Yes?" she asks gently.

"Mother, why don't I have wings? Why can't I fly like you can?" her voice is troubled and her red eyes show confusion.

The mare nuzzles her filly while trying to think up a suitable response.

The filly continues with her line of thought. "Father doesn't have wings either. Doesn't he want to fly with you?"

The mare smiled. "No, your father doesn't have wings, either. Not all of our kind are born with wings; some are born with horns, or fins, or just like your father, you, and your sister. Sometimes, when one born with wings has foals with one who doesn't have wings, at least one foal won't have wings. You don't need wings to be special or a wonderful foal; you and your sister are wonderful fillies, the sweetest fillies a mare could ask for. Both of you are also beautiful."

"But I still want to fly. I want to have wings like you do!" the filly wailed in frustration.

The mare laughed gently. "But you do have wings of your own and can fly in your own way, a way I do not fly and in a way I do not have wings."

The filly looked baffled. "But how? I don't have wings and I can't fly."

The mare smiled. "Look carefully at the backs of your sister and father over there; they have wings of their own, in markings, and so do you. When I fly, I can't fly too close to the ground, and I can't enjoy flight along the ground. When you, your father, and your sister run, you fly along the ground, feeling the earth under your hooves, the wind in your manes, the sun on your backs, the scent of grasses and flowers in your noses. I don't get to enjoy flying like that. When I fly, I feel the sun's warmth and the high winds all about me. The world is so very distant, and I am isolated when I fly. You fly with the world around you, close at hand and wonderful in its own way. That's a way of flying that I would appreciate if I hadn't been born with wings."

The filly's eyes lit up in sudden understanding. "I can fly, can't I? And I do have my very own wings, don't I?" With an excited whinny, she nuzzled her mother, wheeled around, and dashed off on her long, slender legs to fly as her mother could not.

The mare smiled. No, her daughters couldn't fly like Wind Soquili, but they could fly like Wind Soquili could not, and that was plenty of joy she felt for her daughters and her mate. She smiled and gazed up into the sky. Time to fly and enjoy the winds.  

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Dixie

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:58 am
Your mother is feeling under the weather, so you and your sister decide that you both want to do something to cheer her up. Where do you go, and what do you do to try and make her feel better/cheer her up?

You are allowed to godmod the sibling foal and the mother in this roleplay

Filly #2 Prompt

The darker of the siblings watched as her mother seemed to move slowly about. Normally, her mother was perky, full of fun and laughter. She trotted over, looking up at ther mother, "Momma, what's wrong?"

The mare smiled down at her daughter, "Nothing dear, I'm just feeling a little down today." She sniffled, trying to keep her nose from dripping on the foal's head as they spoke.

"Is there anything I can do?" she looked up, her eyes searching for a way to make her mother feel better. She looked a bit disappointed when her mother shook her head no and then lay down to rest.

The small foal watched for a moment, then turned, her sister had to be somewhere close. There! The dark foal ran on wobbly legs towards her sibling. "Momma's sick. We need to do something!"

"Like what?" asked the other sibling.

The darker foal tilted her head to one side, then exclaimed, "Come on, I have an idea!"

The foals made their way down to a small creek not far from where their mother lay. The sides of the creek were covered in fragrant wildflowers of various colors and sizes. The two girls looked over them with amazement.

"Pick as many as you can!"

The two girls set to work, the lighter foal looked over to her sister, not sure exactly why they were picking flowers. "What are...we doing?" she mumbled through a mouth full of stems.

"Just pick!" said the darker foal with a smile and a laugh.

Soon, the girls had more flowers than they could handle. They walked carefully back up towards their mother, leaving a small trail of flowers behind them with each step.

The darker foal lay her flowers down, motioning for her sister to do the same. Quietly, they set to work.

While their mother rested, they very carefully and quietly placed beautiful blossoms among the strands of their mother's mane and tail. Pink, red, blue, purple, yellow and more. Their mother looked like a queen to the girls. They took a few steps back to admire their work, nickering back and forth to one another, trying to be quiet, but failing miserably.

The mare opened her eyes and looked over to the two staring at her, "What have you two done?"

The girls nickered and gestured to the mare's mane and tail. "Take a look, Momma! You shouldn't feel so down!"

The mother could see her tail and bits of her mane, a wide smile crossed her face as she looked at the hard work of her two daughters. "Why, what is this for?"

"To make you feel better!"
"We thought you'd like flowers!"

The mare knew, to any Soquili that wasn't a mother, her mane and tail would look like a disaster. But, in her eyes, it was the most beautiful design that she could wear. She stood up and smiled, careful not to shake the flowers from their places.

"I think I'm feeling much better now. All I needed was a little help." She lowered her head, nuzzling both of her daughters, "Let's go show your father how beautiful you've made me."  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:12 am
Prompt for Filly 2

*I’ll be using filly two since I absolutely adore her*

Lightly the breezes drifted over the land this day. Cool and overcast yet it was not raining or bad weather at all. The green grass which had newly sprouted, being that the snows weight had lifted it from its confinements. This day was mother’s day, a day in which all mothers, big and small where appreciated. The dark filly scratched her ear tenderly with her hind foot, almost falling over in the awkward nature of her stance. Wobbling a bit she rather kicked out and bounced away from the direction she was leaning and busted about energetically to her sister filly.

Though the other did not look impressed by her sudden burst of energy, she too soon joined the darker filly in her frolicking games. Soon after, however, their father came from the middle of the field where their mother laid. A proud appearance and sturdy thick legs. The black stallion with the curiously white mane, trotted over to them. Nuzzling each one he said,

“How are my daughter's today, have you wished your Mom’ are a happy day?” he smiled proudly on his two daughters as they were beautiful indeed. The smaller grey filly answered him first, in a wistful and glee tone,

“Yes pop’are we did” She smiled and looked to her sister in a boastful manner, as if to say ‘Ha I got the attention first’. But the little blue filly smiled at her sister and snorted to this banter on her part. But looking over at her mother she sighed to her father’s notice. He looked down at her and nosed her, again questioning her,

“What is wrong little pink wings?” He smiled at the nickname she had received at birth.

Sadly her red innocent orbs peered up to him, almost as if the slightest words could break that innocence within those eyes,

“Mom’are does not look so well…. “

“Ohh little one, she is just a bit under the weather. She is more than happy though she is not feeling to good this very morning.” He smiled as the other grey filly nipped and played with his tail as he moved it in front of her. Dangling it there as if it was a toy for a playful cat.

He smiled and gave them one last “cheer up” whinny before trotting back to his mate, expecting that they would just go back to playing. At that very moment though, the scheming had started. The blue filly with the pink markings looked at her sister, who was presently concentrating on a very intuitive butter fly and uttered,

“We should do something for Momma… to make her feel better you know?”

“I know but what… we don’t know anything… I mean… we don’t know medicine…. Not that we don’t KNOW anything…”

“Why do you always have to talk like that? We don’t have to know anything like that, we can just do things to make momma happy… I have an idea… but we need to fins flowers and some apples”

She went over to the little grey filly and whispered her plots into her ear. As she did the other kept a very delightful smile on her face as each word passed. Nodding in aggreance the two bolted away from their mother and fathers safety, into the thick thickets.

Looking over curiously the winged mare wondered where her children where off to. The field was silent other then the loving cooing from her mate as he lay beside her. Assuring her that they were just up to their games. The worried mare relaxed a bit at her mate’s reassurance. Placing her head gently over his back in a loving embrace. Closing her eyes the delicate mare breathed in and felt herself drifting off to sleep.

Noon had arrived and it was a most splendorous day out. Long before the mare had even stirred from her rest, had the two fillies gotten back and already put their surprise in front. When the mare did awake from her rest, this is what she seen. In front of her where a pile of fresh red juicy apples of her favorite tree and encircling them delicately placed. Where wild flowers of various colors and breeds. Tears filled her eyes and she looked over to her family smiling as they stood there, Foals and father before her little blue daughter came forward and nosed her gently.

“We didn’t do something wrong momma, are you in pain, did we hurt you?” worriedly the filly quickly asked.

In her reply the mother slowly stood up, nosing the filly again and whispering, gently and full of emotion,

“No my dears, you did nothing wrong. I am not sure what I could do without you, and I am just so lucky to be blessed with dears such as you two.”

In sync both the fillies and the father loudly said to the Mare of gentle beauty,

“Happy Mother’s day Mom’are”

Librra

High-functioning Spook

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:13 am
Father Prompt

The stallion gave his mate a last nuzzle. She'd been feeling under the weather lately, so he was responsible for distracting the two rambunctious fillies while she rested. He turned to the fillies. "Why don't we race to the river and then play a game?" he suggested. His elder daughter had been feeling blue until her mother had told her she had wings of a sort and could fly in her own way.

The fillies whinnied eagerly and bolted off in the direction of the river. They were cheerfully taunting each other, competing as they loved to do. The stallion laughed and charged after them, choosing to run neck in neck with them rather than so easily take the lead.

When the river was in sight, the two fillies ran faster, going full out and the stallion debated winning. Giving in with a laugh, he beat his two excited daughters by a head. "No fair!" they cried, laughing from exhileration.

"What's this? An unfair race? Surely not!" he joked, laughing with them. The two fillies were prancing around him, looking around at the flowers. The elder filly with the blue markings ran off chasing the birds, while the younger filly with the pink markings chased butterflies from the flowers. They came back after a few minutes and startled him from his contemplation of the river and how nice it would be to swim in it.

"What game are we going to play next?" they asked, eagerly watching him.

"Well," he said, sidling around behind them as they watched a fish suddenly leap into the air. "I thought we'd play--" he charged forward and urged his daughters in the water with a big splash. He paused at the water's edge, laughing at the trick he'd played.

The fillies were laughing. After splashing each other and waiting until he was distracted, they charged out of the water, slipped around behind him and successfully shoved him into the cool river. He laughed, caught off balance. Turning around, he started splashing his playful fillies with his front hooves and half rearing to increase the water sent up in the splash.

The fillies giggled, trying unsuccessfully to dodge the great sprays of water he sent up. While they were distracted, he pulled them back into the river, and started swimming deeper in, kicking his legs powerfully to stay afloat. The fillies followed him, but didn't go out as far, also kicking hard to stay up. The elder filly smiled at her father. "Mother doesn't go swimming. Why doesn't she go swimming with us if it's this much fun?"

He smiled. "If your mother got her wings wet, it would take a long time to dry them out before she could fly again."

"I guess there are some good things to not having wings, right Father?" she asked, looking up at him, clearly enjoying the water.

"That's right. I wouldn't trade running and swimming for flying high up in the clouds."

They swam around for a few more minutes and then got out, shaking themselves to get some of the water off. The stallion started delicately plucking some of the lupine and other flowers to take home. His daughters also picked some of the flowers and then they trotted home. His mate was definitely feeling much better, and delighted to be brought so many lovely flowers and nuzzled the three of them. The stallion smiled. He dearly loved his little family.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:17 am
[[ I'm going to try for filly number two, the darker blue one with the pink marking <3 Filly two will be referred to as Sonnet, filly one will be Bonnet, and their mother will be... well, Mom xD
EDIT: Edited just one thing to fix a formatting error x.x Hope that's okay. ]]

Sonnet's little dark-blue ears swiveled back and forth, her ruby eyes locked with her twin sister, Bonnet's. They were having a starting contest, one which Sonnet knew she'd win, but she wanted her sister to think she had a fighting chance. Their mother was relaxing, her wings pulled close to her body in a mock-blanket fashion, not too far away.
"What were we supposed to do today?" Sonnet quietly asked her sister suddenly, not breaking her gaze. Bonnet tried to shrug, but she blinked. Beaten and discouraged, she looked away from her sister.
"She looks kind of sad, doesn't she? Mom, I mean," Bonnet said softly, worry clouding her eyes. Sonnet looked more closely. She wasn't relaxing, she was sulking!
"She does look sad," said the filly to her sister, moving so she was right next to Bonnet. Sonnet felt a sudden weight of guilt upon her little foal shoulders, thinking that she was at fault for her mother's sadness.
"Let's do something for her," said Sonnet after a moment, grinning as she launched a million ideas at her sister.
--

"Where are you taking me?" their Mother asked, her eyes closed as she walked along a narrow path blindly. It was late in the day-- the sun was soon to set-- and the light, crisp scent of spring was in the air. Sonnet and Bonnet led her along the beaten path, keeping their tails on her front legs to make sure she didn't wander off.
"It's a surprise," said Sonnet slyly, giggling to her sister as quietly as possible. "No peeking."
The terrain was getting more difficult to handle. Loose bits of gravel and rock were disturbed by their hooves, and unbeknownst to their Mother, had begun to cascade over the side of the cliff they were on.
"Girls, I don't think--" their Mother began before the two fillies disappeared from their positions in front of her.
"Open your eyes!" Sonnet crowed, her short mane and tail gently stirring in the slight breeze. Bonnet stood behind their Mother, eagerly awaiting her response.
Mother opened her eyes to see the lush forest they had just exited no less than fifty feet below her. The trio was so high up that they could all see the lake on the other side of the forest; a rare foray and playtime they didn't often get to experience. Her hooves were anchored-- by their own accord-- to a limestone rock, hard and unforgiving, that made a show of ending in a perfect point. Out beyond the lush green forest and the rocky terrain, a sunset greeted them with firey skies. The lake turned a beautiful dark, inky red, and the crimson sun set a magnificent backdrop to a flock of birds darting from one tree to the next.
"Girls--" Mother breathed, her wings extending up to her face to try to hide her disbelief. Sonnet grinned and strode over to one side of her mother. She and Bonnet had been planning for this all day, right down to the birds... well, Sonnet couldn't really prove that. But she'd say it if she had to.
"Love you, Mom," Sonnet whispered softly as her Mother spread her wings out over her two daughters, pulling them close and smiling warmly as the sun made its descent, seemingly into the lake.

Moire Frost

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:19 am
Mother Prompt
She stood, silently, waiting on the edge of the world, or so it seemed. Tucked away in the little valley down below, snuggled between the two hills, for they were to small to be mountains, slept her mate, bless his soul, after a long day playing with the foals they had produced after their time together. Two little hyper fillies. She felt a bit bad about leaving him to care for them all day. But she had been a bit restless and her wings had ached, as they sometimes did, from weeks without use. She hadn’t intended to be gone for long and yet the winds had carried her farther then she had meant to go and it took a good bit to find her way back. Lesson learned. Don’t fly on windy days unless you are actually going to pay attention to where your heading. She looked off the top of the hill into the valley once more. One…Two little dots, playing it seemed. She smiled softly. Their darling daughters. Well, better get to them before they woke their poor father. She laughed softly to herself as she jumped from the top of the large hill and spread her wings, easily drifting down.

The moment she landed she was bombarded by the two fillies. Questions of where she had been, what had she seen, and if she brought them anything flowed from their small mouths. As always. Endlessly curious and always so happy to see her when she returned from her journey. She felt bad for leaving them, as she usually did. Reaching down she nuzzled each in turn. “I’m sorry, my sweets, but I could not get you anything this time. The winds turned me off course and I didn’t have time to stop and pick something up. Next time, my sweets, next time.” she said gently. She watched them smile and nod.

“Yes mama.” they responded in chorus. The small little gray filly turned to go, ready to play once more. However, her blue daughter did not move, staring up at her mother, her happy expression turning puzzled and a bit shy.

“What is it, my darling little girl?” She asked softly. She nodded for the other little filly to go on ahead, sensing that this was a private matter. “You go play for a moment by yourself, or perhaps you can set up a game for the three of us to play.” She tried to keep the gray filly from becoming upset. “Go set up a game that you want us to play and we will be over as soon as its ready.” she smiled as the filly nodded and ran off. “Now, my sweet child, what is the matter?” she lifted a wing and let it open and fall down so it drew her daughter to her. “You can tell me anything, I won’t be mad. Promise.” She smiled gently.

Still her daughter seemed reluctant to speak. “Come now, we don’t want to make your sister wait long, that’s rude sweetie.” She said softly. She guided her to the edge of the valley. “What troubles my lovely little princess?” her voice was soft as she spoke.

“Why do you have those feathery things…and why don’t me or sis or Daddy have them?” she asked softly. So softly. A bell of a sound really. No more.

The question startled the mare. She had always expected that at some point their daughters would question her or her mate on why she had wings and they did not. She had expected, however, that they would ask him, feeling more comfortable asking someone that also has no wings. But it seemed not. “Well…” she started. How to explain? She knew her daughters had not been exploring much. They usually just stayed in their private valley and did not venture far. What was the need to? As such the four of them were a vary tight family. And also as such, they had not met many others like them or different from them. “Well, my darling daughter…it is a bit hard to explain. I’ll try my best but please be patient with me.” No need to have said it though. She knew her daughter would wait until she was finished before even speaking.

“As you have seen, you have no wings, and I have a pair of feathered wings. There are also those with wings like the butterflies that stay in our valley during the spring and summer.” she nodded as said mentioned butterfly fluttered past on its way to the flowers. “And some who have wings that are like the skin of the lizards we see from time to time, thin and rough. There are also those with horns on their heads and those with tails that only have a little tuff of long hair or those with simply a pointed tail. I have also heard, when I was little, of those with multiple wings like I have, but I had never met one. I have also heard, though I believe it only to be a legend, of those who turn into wolves when the moon rises. And then there are those as you, your sister, and your father. Those without wings. You are the majority of the Soquili in this world. There are many who are not blessed with wings, so do not feel bad. If anything I myself am burdened.” she smiled softly, nuzzling her daughter. “You know I love you, and your sister, and your father. You know how I do not wish to ever leave you. If I could, my sweet, I would trade in my wings if I could give you three wings of your own so you might fly as I have done in my life. I wish more then anything you could fly with me and see the world from above like the birds. It is amazing to see, true. And yet…I prefer the view from down here, with my family.” she said softly.

“Ok Mama.” the filly said. However she still did not understand. Why did she not have wings or her sister? “Mama, why don’t me or sis have wings?” she said softly. That she still did not understand.

“Of course…well that, darling, is vary hard to understand. I do not know. I had hoped one of you would have had wings of your own. I believed it true you would. But neither of you do. I can only guess it is because your father does not have wings and that when you and your sister were created his spirit was more powerful then mine, making it so that you did not inherit the wings I possess. Perhaps, however, if you found yourself a winged stallion, when you are grown, and have children, you will produce a winged filly or colt of your own, for you carry part of me in you.” She said softly. “But even if you do not possess the wings on your back that I carry with me, you have wings in your spirit. And because of this you are more special then anyone else. You will grow and your mind and spirit will take flight in ways that even I cannot fly. You will see one day.” she said. She felt bad for her daughter, who obviously was hurt by the difference between her and her mother. “It is alright my darling girl, you will see one day…you will fly.” She watched her daughter smile and nod, satisfied with the answer, for now. “Now lets go play with your sister.” she smiled and folded her wing back into place. “I’ll race you. Ready, set….go!” she watched her daughter sprint off, towards her sister, before she followed, careful to stay a few paces behind her.

“Can we play now Mama?” her other daughter asked, excited to have her mother and sister back. She looked between them. “I have a game all set up! it’s a new one, I made it up. Can we play it, please? Please?” She looked up at her mother with hope.

“Of course. Now tell us of this game.” she smiled. The glanced at her blue beauty, noticing she was quiet. However she relaxed when she saw her grinning, waiting on her sisters instructions. “Tell us of this game and let us play.”

After having the rules explained the two fillies took off but the mare paused a moment, watching them. Her daughter. Her precious girls. Yes, she was certain, one day, they would fly higher then she herself could ever dream.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:32 am
Filly One

The two fillies could see their mother didn't look very well. The elder filly looked around and saw their mother's favorite flower in the field: lupine. Her younger sister said, "Mother looks like she would like something good to eat. She likes lupine and apples. I'll go get her some lupine and apples."

The elder filly nodded. "She would look really pretty with some lupines in her mane and tail. Maybe I could find a vine so I could put flowers around her neck...." Looking around as her sister trotted off, she saw a loop of vine, a little frazzled, but it looked like she could put lupine in it with some help.

Excited, she dragged the vine off to where she could find it later and cantered off to start gathering lupines. It took a long time to gather enough, but she was certain her mother would look pretty with lupines in her mane and tail and around her neck. Her sister had just returned from giving their mother some apples and lupines to eat.

Together, the fillies started decorating the vine. It took a while, but they finally finished it. The elder filly's side looked neater than her younger sister's side, but they were both immensely pround of their accomplishment. Smiling, the elder filly carried the delicate wreath while her sister carried the remaining lupines.

"Mother, we brought lupines for you. You'll look very pretty in them," the elder filly said importantly.

The mother laughed. "And so I would." She extended her neck so the elder filly could settle the wreath around her neck. It took a few tries, but she finally had it settled around her mother's long, graceful neck, and it looked quite pretty. Without further ado, the fillies started adding lupines into her mane and tail, trying to make it look neat and pretty. That took the rest of the afternoon, and it was after sunset when they finished.

Their mother was smiling when they finished. She rose as carefully as possible and started walking off toward where their father was grazing amongst the lupine. She turned back to her daughters and smiled. The fillies smiled back. "You look so pretty, Mother," they said in unison. The mother laughed. "The pair of you would look lovely with some lupines of your own. She started adding lupines to their manes and tails, a quicker task than the same task for their mother.

When she finished, they were smiling, too. "Now we all look beautiful. Let's go find your father and show him how beautiful we are."  

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

EviLXmasBaby

Questionable Noob

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:33 am
Father Prompt:

"But I want to stay with Mother," the filly whined relentlessly. "She needs someone to take care of her!"

With a quick glance to his daughters, Koda nodded towards a clearing just a little ways away. "Your mother needs rest more than anything," he said firmly to Lillia, the hesitant filly. "It's a pleasantly warm day. Why not enjoy it? A little father and daughter time…" The stallion finished his statement with slight hesitance, and then suddenly changed his expression, hoping the young ones didn't catch it.

"Care to race, father?" his younger, more accepting daughter questioned. Obviously she caught on to his quick adjustment and opted to change the tone. Kyllia glanced to her sister then grinned mischievously. "I bet I can beat you to the rock in the middle," she taunted, readying herself for a race.

Lillia grunted, annoyed that her sibling knew she wouldn't dare give up a challenge. "Fine, let's go."

"Girls, let's have a little more fun and a little less aggressive, shall we?" The stallion stood tall along side both of his daughters, smiling proudly. "Alright then, let's goooo." Without much warning besides a drawled out word, Koda took off in a trot, easily ahead of his daughters. Slowly, Lillia paced herself to appear along side him with Kyllia not too far behind. The wind rushed beneath each of them as they raced along into the center of the clearing. Koda slowed, only slightly, but just enough to let Lillia ahead. A moment later, a little yelp was heard behind him. Quickly he stopped and turned to see Kyllia fall to the ground.

"Kyllia, what happened?" he asked, immediately checking over his daughter. "Are you hurt? Where?" His fatherly instincts kicked in as he carefully nudged her around, carefully looking for any possible damage. "Nothing seems bruised. Do you feel any pain?"

"I'm fine," she replied quietly, looking away from him. "I just tripped"

Meanwhile, Lillia shouted from the center of the clearing, "I won, I won! I beat you both!" The instant she turned to look back, she realized her sibling was on the ground. "Oh, sister, what's wrong?" The filly rushed to her sister's side and repeated her father's inspection. "Tell me you're okay, Ky."

"Yeah, of course I am. Thanks." With a smile towards her sister, the other filly helped her back onto her feet and she nodded. "I'm okay, stop looking at me like that," she playfully grunted at her father.

His daughters made him smile, as they did many times a day. Although he didn't like to, he thought of the possibility of them living on without him. "You girls will always stick together, won't you? Even if I'm not around?" he had asked once. Lillia spat at him, "You better not be going anywhere!" His other daughter knew exactly what he meant and simply replied, "We'll look after each other, father, if we need to." That thought certainly settled easily on his mind as he raised his young ones.

Knowing that his blessed family would always be well taken care of by one another simply made his life worth living. Without another word, Koda took off once more, this time much slower. The three of them had a whole day to spend together while Leina rested.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:37 am
Father Prompt:

You've been very blessed throughout your life, especially in regards to your family, which consists of a loving mate and two beautiful daughters.

Your mate is currently feeling under the weather, so you've taken on the responsibility of looking after your two daughters. Where do you take them? What do you talk to them about? Do you try to teach them a life lesson, or do you play around?

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Girls! Wait up please!" Amadeus called out to the two little fillies as he chuckled to himself. His daughters certainly had a lot of energy and it was almost to much for him to keep up with.

"You hurry up then dad!" One filly yelled back at the stallion.

"Yeah! It's not our fault you're so slow!" The other chimed in.

At being called slow the stallion chuckled to himself once more as he shook his head. He had offered to take his two daughters Manami and Carita out while their mother rested. Oh how he loved his daughters but sometimes he couldn't help but wish they didn't have this much energy. "So. You both are calling me slow? Just because I'm your father doesn't mean I'm slow." He laughed as he went from a walk into a sprinting run. "See if you can keep up with me!" he issued out the challenge as he ran past the two fillies.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Manami and Carita yelled out in almost perfect unison. They picked up the pace and tried to keep up with their father but their little legs could only get them so far. "You win dad!" The pink marked filly Manami said as she slowed to a stop. Her sister stopped just ahead of her and whined about losing.

Turning his back into a jogging walk he turned and walked toward the two fillies. "Now now Carita no more complaining about losing. Once you get older both you and your sister will be able to beat me. For now you will just have to practice." He gave both of his daughters a loving nuzzle. "It is almost time to go back to meet your mother. Any thing you two want to do before we leave?"

"I wanna get mommy some flowers!"

"Yeah! Let's get mommy flowers!"

Amadeus smiled as he nodded in agreement. His two little fillies loved their mother so much and it truly made him happy to see the love they had. "Let's go get your mother some flowers then. I know the perfect place to get them and you can even get them yourselves."

"Yay! Let's go daddy! Show us where they are!" The two fillies called out in unison. The stallion lead his daughters to where the flowers were living. After the flower picking was over Amadeus took his two loving daughters home to their mother, all three of them carrying beautiful flowers to give her.  

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:38 am
Father Prompt

Bidziil nuzzled his mate's cheek lovingly, daring not to ask what was wrong. He smiled softly when she nuzzled him back, watching her contently nuzzle their daughters. "Dear, I think I'm going to take the girls out for a bit."

The fillies grumbled and snorted, but reluctantly stood up, wabbling a bit. "Daddy, why do we have to get up?" One asked stubbornly. "Yeah, I wanted to stay with Mamma." Said the other.

"Well, your mother looks a little under the weather today, so we're going to get something to cheer her up." The stallion smiled at this. Perhaps they'd collect fruit for her, or get her something nice. He hadn't had time to do anything like that for her since the foals came.

"Ooo! We could get her some butterflies!" That comment had come from the little gray filly, who was bouncing in excitement at the idea.
"No, silly! How would we get them to her without them flying away? We should bring her some mud! That always cheers me up!"
The gray filly snorted and shook her head. "Mud's icky! She wouldn't like that!"

Bidziil sighed. "Girls, calm down. I've got an idea." Smiling, he led them to a small valley, which had all but dried up over the years. Instead, it was filled with beautiful flowers, all just beginning to bloom. "Why don't you both go find her something pretty? I'm sure she'll love whatever you get her." As the two ran off together, he grinned, knowing that they would find some nice leaves and twigs to bring back to their mother. To his mate. He could never get enough of the thought.

A few hours passed before they made it home. "Mamma! We're back!" The dark blue filly said behind a mouthful of leaves.
"Mamma! Look what we got for you!" The gray girl grinned proudly behind a mouthful of stems with chewn off leaves.

The stallion had a colorful boquet of spring flowers, which had a few weeds here and there that the fillies insisted needed to be there. He set it down beside the winged mare and when she opened her mouth to say something, he interrupted. "Just because."  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:46 am

Filly # 1

( I'm going to refer to her as the youngest )

~ ~ ~ ~

"Mommy are you alright?" With a turn of her head her small mane falls sideways making her mother laugh for a moment before taking in a slow breath. "Mommy you really don't look to good!"

The Mare smiles kindly to her youngest daughter. "Don't worry about me little one. This happens sometimes when I have gone flying to much, I will be fine in a little while." She moved her wings a little and and takes in another breath.

Her bright eyes watches her mother for a moment then she nodded. "Alright mommy!" With that she turned and let her mother have some peace and starts to look for her sister. She was not to far away watching the two.

"How is she?" She shifts a little and flicks her tail. "She looks like she is getting better but might still be in pain."

The younger nods and stands beside her sister watching there mother. "You know what would make her feel better? One of those flowers from the clearing we always go to!" Because of her idea she was standing tall happy she thought of it.

Her sister watches her with her dark eyes. "That is really far away and mom said that we can't go there." She watches her sister seem to fall.

"But it would make her so happy!" The younger whines a little. "And if we do it quickly we can be back before she knows!"

A sigh and nod from the older filly made her sister grin. "Fine but we have to do it quickly!" She turns starting towards the clearing but looks back at there mother. She was doing something and was not watching them.

"Come on before she sees!" Moving in front of her older sister she starts off at in a small trot.

-

The clearing was not as far off as they had remembered, but it might have been closer because they were in a hurry. The youngest was the first to see the flowers growing in the middle of the clearing and starts to move faster.

"Come on slow poke! We are almost there! Mommy is going to love them!" She slowed seeing past the some of the tall grass grinning. They were just coming into bloom and had so many different colors to them.

"Wow I forgot how pretty they were. How many are we going to bring back for her?" Dark eyes looked over the flowers.

"Well silly, one of each color!" The youngest giggles and starts toward the bright blue ones.

-

It took about five minutes for them both to gather one of each colored flower. Together they carried them back carefully trying not to harm them in any way. Almost back they heard there mother's voice.

"There you two are! You two disappeared on me and I couldn't find you!" She trots up to them and seemed angry until she saw what they both had.

They both put down the flowers and looked down. "Sorry mommy, we just wanted to make you feel better. We didn't want to make you worry at all."

Her older sister nods. "Yes sorry mom. We were careful to take the path to the clearing."

Looking at the flowers she couldn't help but smile softly. "Thank you both for the flowers. But please next time tell me that you are going, so I don't have to worry."

Both of the fillies nod then did what they had practiced on the way to the clearing. "We love you, and just wanted to make you feel special."  

Female_Death

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:51 am
Mother Prompt:

The mare opened her eyes a fraction, peering from under her eyelids and stifling her laughter from where she was resting in the long grass. Her daughters were sneaking up on her, and she stayed perfectly still, not wanting to ruin their fun by letting on that she knew what they were doing.
When they both jumped on her, one tugging her mane, the other her tail, she made a dramatic noise, opening her wings and falling on her side in a heap, one wing flopped across her face.

'Mama!' the grey filly, peered under the wing, her tail giving a little flick as she tried to see her mother's face.
'Gotcha both!' she declared, getting up onto her hooves as quickly as she was able, and sweeping them to her with her wings. She hugged them to her before letting them both go again, but they snuggled back against her, little faces tilted up towards their mother.

'And what are you both up to?' she questioned them as she settled again, folding her legs as she lowered herself back into the grass, her daughters tucked under each wing.

'Nothing! Tell us story..' the crimson eyed girl demanded, her voice sounding a little petulant.

'What kind of story?'

'Tell us where you got your wings from!'

'Well, I don't know if it's exactly a story, it was the way I was born, the same that you were born to look like mummy and daddy.' she started to explain.

'But Daddy doesn't have wings. We dont have wings..s'not fair.' the filly knocked one hoof against the other in a sulky way.
The mare bit back a smile, and hugged with her wing.
'Well, unfortunately I can't really help that sweetie. It's..' she pondered how to explain to her daughters about how traits sometimes didn't pass onto children without confusing her.
'Is it magic. Are you a bu'fly?' her other daughter asked.

There mare shook her head as she answered;
'No, I'm not a butterfly. When a mummy Soquili and a daddy Soquili have love for each other, their love sometimes results in foals, just like you two. The foals are always a mix, but you never know what the result will be, because it's not our place to know. But we love our little mixtures, and you're both my beautiful girls. When I see you, I see the love that made you.'

The mare paused, before continuing
'But because I have wings, I will always find you. If you ever get lost, I will swoop down and wrap you in my wings, just like now.' she hugged them both this time, before they wiggled out from under her feathers and sprawled on the ground in front of her.

'Others have wings?'

Their mother nodded;
'Yes. There are many winged Soquili. There are many that don't have wings. There are big ones. Small ones. Some that live in the water even. You are part of a varied species. But you are also unique, special in who you are and what you look like.' she smiled at them.

'Special! Special!' they both sung. For now they had both stopped caring about having wings. In a few days they would probably find their mother again and question her about it but for now they bounced off to find their father, chanting 'Special' as they went.
The mare shook her head at their antics and went back to dozing in the sun.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff