[PRP] Go with the Flow ( Mawi and Kani'noe ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:47 pm
He lay in the shade of a tree patting at leaves as they tumbled from the branches above his head. The wind had picked up today and it rattled through the leaves and tapped the branches against one another.

Kani'noe remembered what his sibling had said about the wind. How it had spoken. But he had been here for what seemed like hours now, and it's song was unknown to him. Maybe he just didn't have the ears to hear true music.

All he heard were the leaves rustling and the branches tapping. The wind, in all honesty, was becoming an annoyance more than anything. So, slightly frustrated at such wasted time, the young cub stood and headed away from the tree, hoping to find something to distract himself from his inability to find music in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:12 pm
Mawi Mai was off, not to far, doing her own little thing. She grinned as she hummed and danced around her drum.

Mawi liked dancing the best. She also like making beat's. She wasn't to crazy about singing. Unlike the other cub, she could hear music, she could hear it just fine, and she loved it. It was infact her life.

As she danced around the tree, somthing caught her eye. A brown being moving around. It had to be one of the other cubs in the pride. "Hello!" She called out in a sing song voice. Right away she slide her drum over her neck and started to wander over to the other cub.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:16 am
At the sound of someone calling to him, Kani'noe's head snapped up and turned to locate who it was. He didn't recognise the voice, but it sounded friendly enough and though he was normally rather shy, he also liked company which helped him forget his troubles.

He turned fully to face the other cub, no not cub. This one was bigger than him, more juvenile than cub. Her fur was golden as the sun and around her neck hung...a drum!

His ears twitched curiously at the object hanging around her neck. It looked heavy but she moved easily enough. Maybe it was lighter than it looked.

"H-hello." He chirped, taking a few more steps towards her. "You have music!" He called, indicating her drum with a paw. "It's pretty."

Then, remembering his manners he sheepishly curled his tail and pawed at the ground. "I'm Kani'noe."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:57 pm
Mawi Mai grinned at the younger cub and flicked her tail behind her. "Yes! You probally know these are the Nchi lands! This is what we do!" She gave a very wide and honest smile and laughed. "Thank you."

She slipped her head out of her drum and wandered over to the younger cub. "Its nice to meet you Kani'noe. Would you mind If I called you Kani?" She asked looking the cub up and down then floped on the ground still grinning.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:12 am
"You can call me Kani if you like." The cub agreed. "What should I call you?" He watched her a moment longer and then couldn't resist another look at the drum. It lay in the grass, silent for now, though he knew the point of them was to make noise. Wondeful noise! He hadn't seen them being played before but he had heard them.

His eyes then moved back to her. "Can you play it well?" He asked, curiously. "Would you be able to play me something? I...well..." He hesitated, best not go straight into his personal faults and lack of ability. "I haven't seen one being played before."

He sat in the grass and waved his tail slowly from side to side.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 pm
"You can call me Mawi! Or Mai, What ever floats your boat Kani, most call me Mawi though. Hey that kinda Rhymes." She giggled a bit as her tail slicked, her shakers rattling along as she did.

"Really!?" Surprize was in her voice. How could come one in the Nchi lands never seen a drum being played. She grinned. "Of Course!" She loved music she was happy to comply.

She sat down and made sure that her drum was infront of her and started beating on it. The sound was a simple beat but it was enough to get out the point of how it was played.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:50 am
Kani seemed to warm up to her straight away. This was a girl who he could look up to and be friends with, a cub similar to his age. He felt comfortable in her presence because, well, she was so friendly!

The small smile spread wider across his face.

"That's a nice name." He chirped. "It sounds like the beginning of a sing-song." Though he would never sing himself, of course. He was far too shy for that!

He nodded sheepishly. "I only just started leaving the den a few days ago." He admitted. "And your only the second new person I've met." The first had been the little cheetah. That certainly had been an odd meeting.

Then, when she agreed to playing he settled himself comfortably and focused his attention on her, keen to learn and listen. He watched her paws thrumming on the drum. It was simple but it was delightful. The sound reverberated softly in his chest, almost as if he'd suddenly gained another heart.

Soon his tail was flicking from side to side in time with the rhythm. "You are very good." He complimented. "How did you learn to play so beautifully?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:42 pm
Mawi Mai giggled a bit. "Thank you. So does Kani." She stopped beating on the drum so she didn't have to talk as loud. "Kani does to." She smiled and pushed the drum to the side.

"Really!? Cool. Thats very nice that your getting around, soon let hope you start playing around with beats and sounds.

"I guess you can say that I learned from my mother, she is the person incharge of making the drums, she is pretty much the second highest person in the pride." She grinned she was proud of her mother. "Any everyone in this pride ends up knowing how to."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:42 pm
Kani nodded slowly, thoughtfully. His tail curled around a hing leg and settled there, twitching. "I hope so..." He trailed off. "I want to make my mother proud of me. Sometimes I think that..." He paused, unsure how to go on. Did one talk about themselves like this in normal conversations let alone first conversations?

He wriggled, suddenly looking uncomfortable.

Then he was offered a change of subject. "Your mother is incharge of the drums? Could she help me learn, too?" His ears perked up. Surely anyone could learn to play a beat on a drum, maybe not to the best standard, but to an adequate one. He was sure he could be an adequate student.

"When did you...when did you find your inspiration, Mawi Mai?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:26 pm
Mawi Mai never pushed anyone when they didn't want to talk, it reminded her of Genge, she never pushed him and he opened up to her anyway. She rembered Genge, her frist true friend outside of her sister and her pride. Now she was making friends left and right but she always rembered him.

She grinned as she looked at him. "Of course its her job, she helps every one make their drums, and she is always happy to teach us." She smiled knowing how much her mother loved her job.

She started thinking at the younger cub's other question. "From my father and one of my sisters, you see they don't live with us. In fact I don't even think my mother and father loved each other. I met my father, and I live with one of my sisters, Taka, and mother. But my other sister is a mystery. I heard her name was Jini or somthing like that..." Her voice trailed. "But I want to be better then them and make my mom proud." To a point it was true but other than that she just loved music.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:08 am
His eyes fell to her drum. He could make one of his own and carry it around with him wherever he went? The idea was too fantastic to seem real. It was almost like an impossible dream.

Maybe he could learn it too. Maybe?

And the Mawi answered his question. The question that was always on his mind. About where inspiration came from and where to find it. Just like his brother had found it in the wind. He wanted to find it somewhere and so badly that it was pretty much all he thought about.

"I think you're mother is already proud of you, especially if you can play the drum like that." Kani chirped. "Are all fathers like that?" Kani asked then. "My father isn't here either. I mean, I don't think mother hated him or anything like that. She never says a bad word about him. But he's not here. Maybe they just don't help in raising cubs. I'd like to meet mine someday, but for now I like being here and I don't ever want to leave."

He nodded matter-of-factly. "The most important thing I have to do is find my inspiration." He smiled. "Then my mother can be proud of all of her children and not just some."

Silly boy. He didn't realise that musically talented or not, he would always have his mother's pride and joy. To him, music was the only point of living. It was everything to him and to not be a failure, he had to find his inspiration and harness it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:52 pm
Mawi Mai scrunched up her brow for a moment. "No. I know some lion's who dad is around all the time and their mom isn't. Or those who don't live with any parents and on their own. And some who have their whole family there for them." She shuffled her feet. "I think only two lions are mated in this pride. No one else... My mom most likly never have a mate." She laughed slightly.

She flicked her tail behind her. "Don't be so worryed about it... Some lions in this pride can't even hear music." She nodded. "I think one or two of Juke's children..." Her voice trailed she felt bad for them. "An other thing you need to rember is that you just started coming out of the den. It might take some time."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:43 am
"So, I guess family is all different." He murmered, thinking of his own family and then thinking of cubs without either of their parents. It was sad, to think of a child growing up without their mother or father around. "I suppose you don't need a mate to be happy though, right? I mean, my mother seems happy because she has the pride and she has us." He nodded.

Then he fell silent.

Stunned, horror-filled silence. Some lions couldn't even hear music? Would they never hear music? Was it some defect they were born with? His heart clenched, he could barely breathe. Oh, please, please, don't let him be deaf to the sounds of the world!

His expression was probably evident on his face, though he tried to cover up his fear with words. "I suppose it takes time." He nodded, though clearly distressed. "And if my sister and brother can hear music, it's only a matter of time before I do."

He nodded. "My sister left the den sooner than I did, so did my brother." He certainly had been the meekest of the three. "So I'm at a disadvantage." He calmed.

"Do you think...maybe I could meet your mother, sometime?" He ventured shyly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:31 pm
Mawi Mai wrinkled her brow for a moment, she really wasn't to sure. "I guess." Her voice was quiet. "My mom is happy but I would be nice to have a dad around..." Her voice trailed.

Mawi grinned "Relax, it does." She grinned more and nudged him. "Don't be all tense about it you will get it. Your not at a disavantage because you were out of the cave last, I was." She smiled boldly and stuck out her chest.

"And Of course! If you don't meet her right away you will soon, when you become older, about my age, you will have to meet her and make a drum, then you go off on your own to find your own 'rythem'. Its fun I already went." She was proud she was told she was the first to of this generation to make it.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:29 am
"Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't." Kani shrugged lightly. "There's no way to know what would be best." He tipped his head and gazed at her thoughtfully, smiling slightly at her words.

Relax.

Yes, you couldn't play a drum if you were tense, nor sing a good note. He had to calm himself so that he could hear the inspiration when it came. He visibly unwound and curled his tail upwards a little. "You were really last out too?" He asked, feeling hope return. "Then if you can do it I'll try my best to do it too!" He peeped.

"You've already been on your drum quest?" He asked curiously. "No, don't tell me about it. I'll wait and see when I get a little older and find out first-paw." He nodded. "Thank you, Mawi Mai." He fluffed happily. "It's really made me feel better talking to you and you don't make me feel all nervous like that cheetah I met. He was very nice but he certainly was rough!" He trailed, realising he was blabbering.

"I should probably head back to the den now. It's almost dinner time. But, um, can I see you again?"

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff