vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:56 pm
User Image
Mel lay quietly, sprawled out in the middle of a meadow and let his coat soak up the little bit of sunshine that peeked through the clouds. He had a lot of lazy days more often than he had adventurous days but he wasn't complaining. There was plenty of grass to eat, plus new tasty flowers that were popping up due to spring drawing more near everyday. Even though he had his lazy days though, there was always the chance that someone might wander by that he could strike up a conversation with. For some strange reason though, he always met winds. His father, brother and sister were already winds but to top it off his childhood friend, Neva, was a wind and the other mare he'd met was ALSO a wind. If it weren't for his mother he'd think he was the only normal horse out there.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 am
User Image
Alyna meandered through the meadow, pondering everything that had happened to her lately. Her mother, who had been ever so protective of her, had allowed her complete freedom. She had said it was Alyna's "right," and that now Alyna was grown up enough to make decisions for herself. All Alyna knew was that she was free to do as she pleased, and had started on her journey to see the world, even though she felt it would be difficult to complete without a pair of wings.

When she was young, she had run into a very oddly colored foal, all blue and green, who had been blessed with a pair of blue wings, covered with cloud markings. He, too, had wanted to see the world. Alyna had never found out what happened to him, and wanted to find him and ask him what the world looked like.

Alyna walked through the meadow, thinking on these things, and suddenly saw a Soquili that could have been her childhood friend's twin! She rushed over, thinking that it was Karma, but this Soquili was more blue, and he didn't have wings. Suddenly awkward, feeling ashamed for rushing over like an idiot, she said, "Um...hello there. I-I hope I didn't disturb you..."

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:29 am
((Haha they are pretty twin-like 83))

Mel looked up at the mare who'd run up to him, a piece of a dandelion sticking out of the side of his mouth. "Hi. No, no, you didn't disturb me though you seem disappointed with me," he laughed. "Were you looking for someone? 'Cause I can assure you that no one has been through here today...Except me and you of course." The blue stallion heaved himself up off the ground and shook the loose pieces of grass, that had clung to him, off. "Name's Melanthios but because my name's a pain in the rear, you can call me Mel," he smiled. "You're quite...spotty. If your name's Spot I swear I'm gonna lose it," he laughed, probably a little too loud.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:17 pm
Alyna smiled at him and laughed. "No, my name's not Spot. My parents weren't that cruel, thankfully! My name is Alyna." She grinned at him. "It's good to meet you, Mel." She looked off wistfully in the distance. "And yes, I was looking for another. You look just like him, you see, I thought you were the Soquili I seek." She looked back to him with a smile. "I swear, you two could've been brothers."

((I am loving this! I wonder when Mel will figure out that she's talking about Karma? XD ))  

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:26 pm
Mel laughed with her. "Well that's good, and it's good to meet you Alyna. I DO have a brother out there somewhere but what are the chances you've met him. He's not very social. Pretty quiet, not very much fun," he shrugged lightly. "But I love him 'cause he's my brother. Anywho, I could try and help you find your friend if you'd like. I've really got nothing better to do." He smiled at her.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:59 pm
Alyna smiled. "Well, if he's antisocial, I've probably not met him." She said, thinking that all of the Soquili she had met were fairly talkative. Except Karma, who had a lot to say, he just wanted to be sure he said it the exact way he wanted to. He took his time, trying to think things through for himself. She admired that about Karma.

"I couldn't ask you to do that!" Alyna exclaimed. "See, he said that he was going to go see the world, and with his pair of wings I don't doubt that he could. I was hoping to run into him at some point during my travels. I can't expect you to drop everything and come to see the world with me." she explained, smiling at him. She didn't want to steal him away from his life here, after all.

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:09 pm
"Well that's true, just thought I'd offer to help though. If he wants to travel the world who knows where he might be right now. But I wish you luck with finding him, you must really care about him to want to see him again. Or you two are best friends." He'd met a few others but he didn't know if he could call any of them his 'best' friend. He hadn't really clicked like that with the few of them but he enjoyed having friends until he did find a friend he could do everything with.

"Well since we can't go explore the world together, would you like to explore nearby with me?" he asked with a smile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 pm
Alyna smiled. "I don't know if we're best friends or not. See, we met one day when I was a little foal, out in the woods behind my tepee. He told me that I too would be able to explore the world, even without wings...and that if I wanted to know what flying feels like, to just jump off of something high. But not too high, or I'd get hurt. I was too afraid to try it then...but I want to try it with him now." Alyna had wanted to tell Karma that she was brave enough now...she had hoped to see him again. But, right now, she had Mel to spend time with.

Alyna smiled back at him. "Sure. That sounds like fun. Besides, I'd like to get to know you better, and a walk is the perfect way to do so."

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:00 pm
Jump off something high to feel what it's like to fly? That sounded like something his father had done with his mother..What're the odds..? "Just for kicks, you said we looked like we could be brothers, that story sounds familiar like something my parents had done and he has wings...By any chance is his name Karma?" Seriously, what were the odds that she was looking for his brother of all people.

He started walking with her at his side, waiting to see if he was just imagining things or if it really was Karma.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:18 pm
Alyna stopped in her tracks. She turned and looked at Mel, her eyes widening. "You're Karma's brother?" She asked, incredulously. "Because I'm looking for him!" Alyna couldn't believe it. Well, she sort of could, because the two did look astoundingly alike.  

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm
Mel stopped a few feet in front of her and busted up laughing. "You really were talking about Karma?? No way! Well from the way you talk about him he sure has changed a bit from when we were young. He wasn't one to do very much and didn't seem really interested on going on walks with my sister, mother and I. But I'm glad he found a good friend like you. Tell ya what, if I see him, I'll let him know you're looking for him, okay?" He smiled and still couldn't believe that the friend she spoke of was his brother.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 pm
"He was a bit quiet at first, but I got him to loosen up." Alyna said, smiling. "Oh, would you? You'll probably see him before I will. Tell him that I've gone off exploring the world, just like he said I could." Alyna laughed. "I was such a silly thing when I was young, I thought I couldn't do anything."  

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:09 pm
"Don't count on it. I don't see any of my family much these days but I'll still keep an eye out for him just in case. Why do you consider yourself a silly thing for thinking that? I'm sure you could still do anything you wanted to, if you put your mind to it." He started walking with Alyna again and smiled at her. "He must have left a good impression on you. What else did you two talk about? Besides going out and exploring the world."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:20 pm
Alyna smiled, her mind instantly back in the forest with Karma. "We talked about our families a bit, and how he didn't think that it really mattered if a Soquili had wings or not, that it wouldn't hamper them too much if they didn't. I also remember something about Kalonas and Skinwalkers, and how we called them 'Kaloonys' and 'Skinned Walkers.' I always laugh when I think about that. And then Lyka, my wolf familiar, showed up and started lecturing me for running off!" Alyna laughed softly. "Lyka's off hunting now, she promised to catch up to me later, so you'll probably meet her if you hang around me long enough."  

Katjive

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:47 pm
Mel laughed and shook his head. "Kaloonys and skinned walkers, huh? Well I'll give you credit for even knowing what they were when you were younger. I most likely didn't have a clue, I was more worried about what sort of creatures were out there to see. Birds, bugs, fish, you get the picture. Me and my sister were always the curious ones. Anywho, you have a wolf, huh? That's pretty cool. Not the lecturing part but I've never met a wolf before."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff