Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r u goin to try to help me with this
  yes
  no
View Results

Duckslayer74

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 pm
ive noticed how ppl hav said yea im a christian at church but then once they get around their friends they act unchristian like including myself which is something i want to try to stop

God doesnt want us to put on an act at church then act different when we arent there we christians r suppose to b examples to others but instead many dont even try

God gave his son to die on the cross for OUR SINS yet we sin even thoh we know its wrong many ppl i know think hey even if i sin im goin to heaven well that may b so but that doesnt mean its alrite to sin when we do things like this its like slapping jesus in the face and if u ask me that is one of the worst things we can do if we jus try not to do things like this and spread the word that will help more than most ppl think a lot a ppl think we cant change the world to much well thats where theyre wrong every journey begins with the 1st step and we need to start it we need to try to make the world how it should b as sinless as we can of course we will still sin its jus human nature but that dont mean we cant stop a whole lot of it

well i hope i can make a difference with this message if you agree with me pleez pm me about it i know i aint a good writer but i hope i got my point around

your brother in God

duckslayer74  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:21 pm
Duckslayer74
ive noticed how ppl hav said yea im a christian at church but then once they get around their friends they act unchristian like including myself which is something i want to try to stop

God doesnt want us to put on an act at church then act different when we arent there we christians r suppose to b examples to others but instead many dont even try

God gave his son to die on the cross for OUR SINS yet we sin even thoh we know its wrong many ppl i know think hey even if i sin im goin to heaven well that may b so but that doesnt mean its alrite to sin when we do things like this its like slapping jesus in the face and if u ask me that is one of the worst things we can do if we jus try not to do things like this and spread the word that will help more than most ppl think a lot a ppl think we cant change the world to much well thats where theyre wrong every journey begins with the 1st step and we need to start it we need to try to make the world how it should b as sinless as we can of course we will still sin its jus human nature but that dont mean we cant stop a whole lot of it

well i hope i can make a difference with this message if you agree with me pleez pm me about it i know i aint a good writer but i hope i got my point around

your brother in God

duckslayer74

Personally I would think that all that matters is what you know in your heart

"Putting on an act" is nothing more than survival instinct

I can lie all I want but my heart of hearts will always know the truth  

lordstar

daviderentxun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:41 am
I believe that both the emotion (heart involvement) and the behaviour (actual act) should be present. It's as the Bible describes:
-"Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" (James 2:15-16). This might be emotion without behaviour.
-"If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:3). This might be behaviour without emotion.

Indeed, apostle James writes that the faith without works (evidence) is dead, and Jesus said that we will know the tree by its fruits. It is possible for us to be saved, however, if we act as if we weren't, how will others know that we are saved? It is our responsibility to live lives that can clearly show that we believe in Christ, and that our lives are surrendered to Him.

What Duckslayer74 said is something that we should be thinking about. And I am guilty of it too. Sometimes I act as if I did not belong to Christ, especially when among my nonbelieving friends. It should not be so. Most of the times it's just that we are not taking seriously our responsibilities as ambassadors of Christ. We need to change that attitude. Our actions should show who is Lord in our lives.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:24 pm
Imperator Iosephus
I believe that both the emotion (heart involvement) and the behaviour (actual act) should be present. It's as the Bible describes:
-"Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" (James 2:15-16). This might be emotion without behaviour.
-"If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:3). This might be behaviour without emotion.

Indeed, apostle James writes that the faith without works (evidence) is dead, and Jesus said that we will know the tree by its fruits. It is possible for us to be saved, however, if we act as if we weren't, how will others know that we are saved? It is our responsibility to live lives that can clearly show that we believe in Christ, and that our lives are surrendered to Him.

What Duckslayer74 said is something that we should be thinking about. And I am guilty of it too. Sometimes I act as if I did not belong to Christ, especially when among my nonbelieving friends. It should not be so. Most of the times it's just that we are not taking seriously our responsibilities as ambassadors of Christ. We need to change that attitude. Our actions should show who is Lord in our lives.

c this rite here THATS WAT IM TALKIN BOUT know this guy knows wat he's talkin bout now  

Duckslayer74

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:42 pm
Duckslayer74

your brother in God

duckslayer74
When will we learn....

when every fish is ate, when every tree is chopped down, when every animal is killed...

I know what you mean, 100%! I'm going through the same thing, and I am trying to stop it to!

Like, at times, I act all right and what not, like not being perverted for the sake of humor or sarcastic or anything... But then around friends a whole new side pops out and yeah... I've been trying to stop it for a little while, I've gotten better, but not quite there yet...
That money is not edible....

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:59 pm
I used to be that way, but I am getting better at being a full-time Christian. For what does it mean if you lie all you want? Is it because God has given you a free ride to heaven? Yes, BUT that doesn't mean we can go on living carnally. For if we do, what will we give to God once we die or get Raptured?  

rillegas08

Mystic_moon15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:23 pm
mazuac
Duckslayer74

your brother in God

duckslayer74
When will we learn....

when every fish is ate, when every tree is chopped down, when every animal is killed...

I know what you mean, 100%! I'm going through the same thing, and I am trying to stop it to!

Like, at times, I act all right and what not, like not being perverted for the sake of humor or sarcastic or anything... But then around friends a whole new side pops out and yeah... I've been trying to stop it for a little while, I've gotten better, but not quite there yet...

confused ok just curios here, sarcasm is a sin? being perverted i get ya that i know is wrong but when did sarcasm become a sin?cause if thats a sin then me and my hole family are,well for lack of better word at the moment, screwed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:28 pm
rillegas08
I used to be that way, but I am getting better at being a full-time Christian. For what does it mean if you lie all you want? Is it because God has given you a free ride to heaven? Yes, BUT that doesn't mean we can go on living carnally. For if we do, what will we give to God once we die or get Raptured?
Why not go on living in a carnal manner to some extent? What is the hwole point of having things like sins of the flesh, carnality, and such if you all avoid it like it will kill you right then and there? Now yeah free will, your own life and all, but if we were not meant to have those vices and urges, then why do we have them?

And FYI, Rapture does not exist. There will be no Rapture. Check your bible again.  

Ricette

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:23 pm
Ricette
rillegas08
Why not go on living in a carnal manner to some extent? What is the hwole point of having things like sins of the flesh, carnality, and such if you all avoid it like it will kill you right then and there? Now yeah free will, your own life and all, but if we were not meant to have those vices and urges, then why do we have them?

And FYI, Rapture does not exist. There will be no Rapture. Check your bible again.

Actually, we have those urges because of Satan and Sin and our disobedience to God from Adam and Eve.

And also, yeah, FYI, there will be a rapture. Why don't YOU check the Bible?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:20 am
mazuac
Ricette
rillegas08

Actually, we have those urges because of Satan and Sin and our disobedience to God from Adam and Eve.

Point out the book, and verse that states "HAI GUYS YER GONNA GET RAPTURED"

Some chick had a vision of the so called believers raptured and it wormed its way into the belief system. The bible does not say anything about the Rapture. But if you can point it out and i can find it in my brother's bible, I might admit to being wrong.  

Ricette

rillegas08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:53 pm
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette
rillegas08

Point out the book, and verse that states "HAI GUYS YER GONNA GET RAPTURED"

Some chick had a vision of the so called believers raptured and it wormed its way into the belief system. The bible does not say anything about the Rapture. But if you can point it out and i can find it in my brother's bible, I might admit to being wrong.

I'll give you the phrases and the verses so you can find it easily.

"...And if I go prepare a place for you, I will come again and recieve you to Myself, that where I am, you may be also." John 14:1-3

"...Then we who are alive shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17

"...The dead will be raised incorruptible..." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

"For our citizenship is in Heaven, from which we also eagerly await the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ..." Phillipians 3:20-21

"...The Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. You are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness." 1 Thessalonians 5:2-5

"...The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations." 2 Peter 2:4-9

"...I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth." Revelation 3:10

"...Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past. For behold, the Lord comes out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for the iniquity..." Isaiah 26:20-21

"But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and the Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell of the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:34-36

If more references are needed, I've got a whole slew of verses that prove the Rapture will happen. Hence, my signature:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:13 pm
I think a lot of people have this problem. They don't realize that you're supposed to be Christian in all that you do. You are supposed to let the world know that you are Christian. It will show non-Christians God, so that they might be saved. And it doesn't make God happy when you're going around swearing, doing drugs, or talking about sexual things (I'm not saying you guys do this, I'm giving examples). Church isn't the only place to show you are a Christian. People aren't at church much, and you are supposed to be Christian in all that you do.  

iMystere

SloanSage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 am
This is a case of being in the world and of it.

Christians are called to be in the world, but NOT of it!

At this site there are many verses fro you to check out.

http://www.gotquestions.org/in-but-not-of-world.html

We are supposed to challenge society and its morals just as Jesus did.

Tell your friends that they are making a case against Christ with their hypocritical behaviors. These are the people who make living in a non-Christian world hard for Christians because non-believers don't want to hear us. They think we are all the same. They cannot see how we are different even when we claim to be.

If it is for fear that they will be made fun of, have them go old school and listen to Jesus Freak from DC Talk again.

Moreover, keep praying for them and confronting them with their behavior. Even get adults to get involved. Keep them accountable, or we all need to be accountable to each other as well as Christ.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 pm
Dude, I know what you mean. I worked at a Christian camp for the past two summers, and even there, where we were immersed in a Christian environment 24/7, some of the staff (myself included) still acted like we'd never known Christ.

My problem was that I usually said nothing when I was with someone breaking the rules, and (especially this last summer) I even partook in some of the rule-breaking (first time I ever smoked was last summer, and none of us were supposed to smoke, even off camp).

So, I guess I'm just saying that you're not alone, and that sometimes it just takes one step, like keeping your mouth shut when people are talking smack or staying home when your friends ask you out for a night of mischief. Little by little, you can change the way you act in front of other people, and they'll see that change in you and start to question their own actions.

Mountain Rose

Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces