[PRP] Nowhere Man (Werey and Kitara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:17 pm
User Image

It was a really warm day on the savanna, the kind often lovingly referred to as a 'scorcher'. The sun beat down on the grass and shade became a wanted commodity. And in the middle of the savanna stood a large lion, whose dark coat couldn't be comfortable in this heat.

And it wasn't. Kubwa heaved a sigh, his pale blue eyes scanning the horizon for a rock formation or a large tree or a watering hole. He didn't know this particular area too well. He guessed he was near the pridelands.

He sighed, flicked an errant strand of black mane out of his face and continued his trek.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:33 am
There was another nearby that was seeking out shelter from the blazing heat. However having white fur didn't help repelling heat either, making him more prone to sunburn and the like. Telperion paused in his quest for shade to moan and hang his head, the golden mane around his face and neck particularly irritating.

Blinking his pink eyes he raised his head slightly and looked around, spotting something black in the distance. Curiosity got the best of him and he started to walk towards it, hoping maybe that it was another lion that possibly knew the way to a source of water, or at least shade.

Kitara Kata

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:12 pm
Kubwa paused for a moment and sighed. He flipped a few errant strands of mane out of his face and scanned the horizon slowly.

"Grass....dirt....more grass.....more dirt....small rock....white and gold lion....more gra.. Wait, what?"

Kubwa's pale blue eyes rested upon the other male lion just as his nose picked up the scent. He was upwind of the other lion, so he hadn't noticed him earlier. Kubwa eyed the approaching stranger for a moment, but the stranger's gate didn't suggest he was looking for a fight. So Kubwa sat and let him approach.

"Hello there," he called out. His tone was polite and friendly. Most likely this stranger was just trying to find a bit of shade as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:38 pm
"Hello!" Telperion called back, just as cheerful. Once he was closer to the dark lion he started slowing down to catch his breath. "I'm not the only one looking for water and shade, I take it?" He asked, thinking hot hot and stuffy the large male must have been under all of that dark black fur. "It sure is a scorcher today." His eyes were constantly squinted, the sun blinding his sensitive pink eyes. Even though he donned a few more scars than usual, he didn't seem at all threatening in the least.  

Kitara Kata

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:04 pm
Kubwa relaxed at the other lion's calm and friendly demeanor. He disliked fighting in general, but on this hot day, the thought of exerting that much energy seemed ungodly.

He grinned.
"Indeed it is. And yeah, shade and water are hot commodities today. No pun intended."

He scanned the horizon again, this time noticing a small line of trees. They might not prove to be much, but anything would be nice in this heat. He nodded to the trees in the distance with a tilt of his head.

"Shall we head for those trees over there, maybe?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:03 pm
The rogue male gave a short laugh. "Sounds good to me." He started towards the small line of trees the darker male pointed out, looking at him once more. "I'm Telperion, by the way. It's nice running into someone else out here." Being away from his old pride sometimes got to him, the loneliness of unclaimed lands almost daunting in appearance when you were by yourself.

However that wasn't about to stop him on his quest, nothing would. He would find his parents if it killed him.

Kitara Kata

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:04 pm
Kubwa took after the white male, settling into an easy jog. He wanted to get to that shade quickly, but running and wearing themselves out would do neither of them any good. He grinned.

"The name's Kubwa'eusi, though everyone sticks with Kubwa," he said.

"And yeah, the only thing worse than being hot and thirsty is being lonely, hot and thirsty."

As they progressed to the horizon, Kubwa was both delighted and relieved to see that it was a large clump of trees, the color of which hinted to a water source. They were sure lucky.

"So, what brings you out this way?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:41 pm
"Heh, you got that right." The white male said, trotting alongside him as they walked to the welcoming shade ahead. As they got closer he noticed the same, giving a sigh of relief. Signs of water, how fabulous!

"My parents, actually." Telperion said, looking at him as they trekked. "I've been looking for them forever. They just up a left one day because I was a disappointment. I'm trying to find them to prove that I'm worth their time." An adult looking for his parents was an odd thing in itself, but what Kubwa didn't know was that his parents had long since died in front of him and the only thing keeping him on this never-ending journey was his own crazy delusion that they were still alive.

Kitara Kata

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:35 pm
Kubwa did indeed not know about Telperion's unfortunate situation. He did, however, know about disappointment on the part of his own parents, so knew those words quite well.

"That's quite a journey you are on then. I wish you luck. It's often hard to prove something. Especially to parents, as stubborn as they often are."

His thoughts trailed off as they reached the shade and the water's edge. It was a small pool of water, good only for drinking or wading, but it was a welcoming sight. Kubwa shuffled in, his eyes closing as the cool water eased the heat and the muscle fatigue in his legs. He took a long drink and sighed contendedly, shaking the dripping trails of his mane out of his face.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:50 pm
"I still don't know what I'll say when I find them." The male let out a nervous laugh. "But I guess I'll know when the time comes, right? It's how things tend to work themselves out."

Once at the water's edge he stared into the liquid before wading in and taking a long drink. It had been far too long since he had a nice drink of water. He leg the water seep into his white fur and yellow mane, not caring how wet he got for now. The cool water was welcoming on his sensitive skin.

Kitara Kata

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 am
Kubwa smiled at Telperion.

"Indeed. I hope things manage to work out well."

He lumbered out of the water and settled himself in the shade of a tree.

"Do you have any idea where they might have gone?"

He hoped that this Telperion managed to find his parents. Just as he hoped that he might find some of his old pride remaining, even after all this time. He mentally shook his head, pushing those thoughts away. This wasn't the time or place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Telperion stayed in the water for now, letting the water cool off his paws. He sat down in it, letting it seep through his white scarred fur. "Not really... I didn't really catch what direction they went or anything. I just kinda woke up and they were gone. Everyone kept saying they had been killed..." He trailed off, a strange smile curling around his maw.

Pink eyes turned to look at Kubwa. There was something... off about how they looked just now. "But I know they were lying. I know they ran off because I wasn't good enough for them." The male's voice lacked of emotion for but a few seconds before everything snapped back to normal like a rubber band. The kindness returned to his eyes and the smile became genuine, along with the emotion in his voice.

"But they're opinions don't matter. I know I'll find them." He smiled.

Kitara Kata

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:55 am
Kubwa eyed the white male, now beginning to wonder about him. In the end, though, he shrugged it off. If Telperion's parents were indeed deceased, he would need to come to terms with it in his own time. No good could come from agitating him.

So instead, Kubwa nodded again.
"Well, again, I wish you the best of luck in your search."

Kubwa stretched, lengthening his large dark frame. His bones protested, but stopped as he settled back down.

"For now, though, perhaps it would be best for both of us to stay out of the heat for a few hours."

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games