Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:46 pm
User Image

Mawi Mai grinned as she danced her way through the lands again. She had been spending a lot more time away from home, she was meeting so many friends, but the main one she rembered was Genge. She had been hoping to run into him again some time soon.

She loved dancing and beating, she was not as good at singing but heck you didn't need to sing! Her paws hit the ground hard and she smiled and she hummed a tune as she approced a tree she planed on resting under for a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 am
User Image

Though Genge had done his best to be independent since leaving his home, he was extremely lonely. He had never realized how few and far between individuals were out in the roguelands, and had so far only run into one lion who would even talk with him. Mawi Mai, that strange young girl who had helped him in his time of need. He wished he could see her again, but it seemed impossible. After all, everything looked the same out here! How was he ever to find the same location where he had met the kind, strange, soul?

Besides, he wasn't any stronger than he had been at their first meeting, and he had promised to return when he was in better condition. True, now he was not starving and he could travel much farther in a day because of it, but he really wasn't much different, was he? No, he wouldn't actively seek her out until he was much stronger.

Little did he know, the poor boy had managed to wander in almost a perfect circle, and like it or not he was drawing near the place where he had agreed to meet Mawi later on.

In a significantly more pleasant mood than last time, Genge walked quietly (and unknowingly) in the direction of Mawi's pride's lands, paying little attention to his surroundings. One thing she had told him was correct though, he heard her before seeing her. Her loud, rhythmic footfalls caught his attention and he turned to see her approaching not too far off.

With a look of shock on his face, he watched her for a moment before calling out. "Mawi Mai? Is that you?"

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 am
Mawi Mai every day would stop by the same spot, right outside of her lands. Little did she know today would be the day he would meet up with her.

With the sound of some one else's voice she stoped just to hear the end of the sentance. She turned around looking around, then she spoted somthing pink. Her eyes widened and she squinted a bit. "Genge?" She asked herself. Yes it was him.

Mawi Mai right away started runnning over. "Genge!" She cried and she stoped a bit away from him. "Genge its great to see you!" She smiled, "How have you been? You look better. I wish I had a drum to show you but I've still havn't done that yet." She rember telling him about going out and getting her drum.

She stepped forward and nuzzled him a bit for a greating. "I'm very glad to still see your alive..."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:27 pm
Genge smiled and nodded, "It's good to see that you are well." He was in a noticeably better mood than last time, that much was obvious. Perhaps having the will to live and being slightly humbled since their last meeting had something to do with it. "I have been better off since meeting you. Truly, you saved my life."

Genge bowed his head for a moment out of respect, a gesture he rarely presented to another. "A drum? What is that?" He asked, tilting his head and wondering if it was some custom of her pride, or perhaps an item that she had made up on her own. Mawi Mai had surprised him many times already, so he left his mind open for all possibilities when it came to this 'drum' of hers.

((Sorry it's so short >.<;; I'm being booted off the computer D8 *flees* ))

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:20 pm
Mawi Mai smiled. "It was no probelm Genge." She grinned and blushed a bit feeling important. She sat back and ruffled her brow. "I didn't tell you about drums?" She couldn't belive she didn't, well.. they didn't talk much that one time.

She smiled and started to explain. "A drum is a hollow drum that has animal skin streached across it and held in with claws." She nodded. "You beat on it with your paws to make a sound. Like I do with my feet when I dance." She smiled again.

"After I'm done making my drum I go out into the rouge lands by myself and find my rythem, its like your theme song in life, then I go back home and can become what I want." She grinned again. "Its a pride custom."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 pm
Genge smiled, "I'm afraid you didn't." He didn't blame her. At their last encounter, he had barely said a word to Mawi. In fact, he had gone far past rude to downright hostile at times. He was surprised that she hadn't just walked off and left him to die. Perhaps she was simply too kind to do such a thing, but he couldn't help but think that most others would have abandoned him.

Genge listened as she explained about drums with a puzzled look on his face. "That sounds... Interesting." He still had no idea what the point was, but Mawi did seem quite excited about it. "In that case, I hope to see your drum when you finish with it." Indeed, she had piqued his curiosity a bit. Maybe he'd pay her pride a visit sometime to learn more about these odd things known as rhythm and song.

"Your pride sounds very different from anything I have ever heard of." He paused, thinking back to his own pride. "Much more interesting than mine, at any rate. With my pride, everything is always about serving the Gods and cleansing ourselves of the darkness. We can't even go near rogues unless we're chasing them away from our lands." He huffed, "Something I'll never be able to do."

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:50 pm
Mawi Mai smiled. "It Is more that just interesting! Its fun." She giggled a bit and listioned to his words about his pride. She could not help but to sit there blinking. "That.... That sounds terrbile. I don't know how anyone could spend all of their time just... Worshiping gods. We have one around our lands but we don't really bow down at his feet." She made a face and shook her head.

"So, do you want to Play? Or somthing." She grinned and sat up proudly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:57 pm
"It's not that bad, it's just... Boring." Genge shrugged, "I've never actually seen one, to be honest. We just pray and worship and stuff, but I never see it doing any good."

"... Play?" Genge pondered the possibility for a moment. He didn't remember having played with anyone since... Well, since he was a cub. His brother Yamir used to play with him, but Genge had always gotten tired out too quickly to carry on for very long.

"I guess we could." He sounded very awkward, as if he didn't know what to do, but tried to make the best of it. From what he remembered, playing was fun!

At least, until he passed out on the ground from exhaustion, but that didn't happen until later.

"What should we play?"

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:40 pm
"The one that lives in our pride is nice, but I heard there are really mean ones." She made a small face thinking herself. "Hmm... we could play tag." She grinned. "You know how to playright?"

She arched a brow not to long ago she met a cub, same age as herself, that did not know how to play, he also didn't know music! She was greatly surprized with that, kinda scared too.

She grinned and pawed at his foot. "Tag?" She got ready to go the other way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:58 pm
"How... Odd." Genge wondered if the gods they worshiped were kind or not. Before, he had assumed that they weren't kind nor mean, but simply existed in their domains. And yet, mother sky was known as the great betrayer, and sister tree was known to have been envious of her brother river. Indeed, the gods must show emotion, right?

"Tag? Yes, I know that game." He tried and failed to sound enthusiastic. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy that game, but rather that it was the one that usually left him passed out on the ground.

At first, he simply watched her as she tagged him. Were they really going to play this game? It seemed so childish, so silly, and yet, Genge wanted to show kindness to Mawi. She had saved his life, so the least he could do was play with her while they had time together, right?

Besides, it might be fun.

With that thought in his head, he crouched down and gave her a look that suggested that she ought to run, as his tail lashed behind him in an attempt to seem playful. Though he was weak, he was also alert. As soon as she started to run, Genge would be after her as fast as he could, heedless of his limitations.

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:14 am
Mawi Mai grinned and sprinted away. She knew Genge might fall out on her so she was being carful.... But at the same time she was not.

She knew Genge ran away from his pride to Prove that he could take care of himself. She really did not want to make him feel bad, but why not play. Sure he was older then herself but playing had no age limit.

As she looked back she stuck out her tounge and growled playfully at him. "You can't get me." She teased walking backward a bit wating for him to start. Her tail flicked behind herself too, but hers was more gentle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:55 am
Genge sprang forward, his longer legs giving him a bit of an advantage, at least until he began to get too tired. Still, he'd try to get the most out of this game until that happened.

With a determined yet playful look on his face, he gave chase. The wind in his mane, the earth beneath his paws, what a feeling! In fact, he hardly noticed that he had just about caught up to Mawi, running right past her before he realized his mistake.

Firmly planting his paws in the ground and screeching to a halt, he spun around and gave chase once more, laughing aloud at his own silly mistake.

"We'll see about that." Genge teased, taking a gentle swipe at her as he began to catch up again.

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:37 am
Mawi Mai laughed as he realized what happened. She giggled and started to run again. She was not running as fast as she normally would, like if she was playing with her sister.

She tossed her head back slightly getting the hair out of her eyes. She looked back as he was slowly catching up to her and she squealed and started sprinting slightly fast with a laugh again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 pm
Genge quickly began to tire, his muscles aching with each step, but the game was not over! He pushed himself forward, paying little mind to the petty discomfort of his body. With as much strength as he could muster, Genge sprang for Mawi and managed to tag her hind leg.

With a whooping victory cry Genge laughed and spun on the spot with excitement. He had caught her! He had really, really caught her! With a wide, silly looking grin on his maw, he bolted in the opposite direction as quick as his legs would carry him.

After only a split second of running, Genge felt his muscles continue to protest, and this time they forced him to slow dramatically. He quickly went from a rolling, fast paced gait to a slow, strained one that looked as though he were either drunk or had just tried to run without learning to walk first.

"Time, time out." Genge panted, laughing all the while. "Time out, okay?" He wheezed, rolling onto his back and waving his front paws lazily. "You win, okay?" He chuckled as he gasped for breath, as if nothing were wrong other than being a bit tired.

Atheare

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Mawi padded up beside him and nudged him before sitting down by his side just slightly worryed but grinning none the less. She smilded and nudged him again.

"No, silly! You win." She laughed. "I didn't tag you back, you win." She grinned and sat back on her haunches. "You gonna be ok? Want some water I know where a watering hole is." She encouraged slightly getting ready to stand if he said yes.

She laughed a bit. "You played good, your fast that was fun." She grinned at the thought. "Your a pretty good friend Genge."

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff