Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Anevay loved the evening more than anything. Often, she would wander alone, leaving Hex to tend to the territory they shared, and explore land she hadn't previously examined before. Usually, she found nothing of interest but rarely she met a new face or two. It was, afterall, how she had discovered the smaller pocket of kalona that lived relatively close to her own lands. She feared little this days, having found that her reputation often preceded her. Anevay was fine with that. The less annoyance in her life, the better. The only source of concern were the skinwalkers but she could fly away from them. Therefore, it was not surprising that Ane lost herself in thought often while wandering about.

She kept to the cover of trees when she could, but did little to hide herself from view. The mare wasn't yet hungry enough to move to a more stealthy frame of mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:43 pm
Inc spent practically all of his own time solitary, not neccissarily through choice but just from the way things ended up. Not many creatures wanted to hang around a creature as prone to anger as a kalona, and he would tolerate nothing else than those with raven blooded veins for long. He himself had spent a lot of time seeking for others like him, seeking high and low for some sign that the great bloodlines were not all diluted by the "lessers" that now seemed to be everywhere. He didn't particularly care where he was, only that he was going somewhere, and that was how he'd ended up in this particular place once again. He went wherever his "guide" led him to go.

Where moments before he'd been wrapped up in his own thoughts, following the flickering figure of the raven that as far as he knew, only he could see, he snapped out of his reverie, narrowing crimson eyes at the surrounding trees, dead sure that he'd spotted movement not far off, his tail lashing delightedly at his heels as he did so. If it was a lesser, there was a good chance he'd stumbled on lunch. But still, he was sure that unique colouration he thought he'd sighted belonged to only one individual, and she was definately not a lesser, but chalked that up to his imagination. Pausing in his casual walk, he stated.

"Someone else there?"  

Baneful

Dramatic Hunter

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:33 pm
Anevay paused, ears twisting around sharply as she caught movement in the immediate area, cheeks tensing as she exposed the tips of her canines in a challenging expression to a individual she couldn't yet see. Inc, for the moment, had the advantage with his darker pelt, but Ane was never one to portray having the lower hand in a situation. Fake your confidence if you had to but never let the opposition see you wilt back from a challenge. This wasn't a case requiring a show of rehearsed arrogance. As it was, she had a sneaking suspicion of the identity of the voice's owner, but she had learned that voices often sounded similar, so she remained on her guard.

"Isn't there always?" she replied with a lilt of false amusement, hoping to lure the individual out with a facade of harmlessness. "If anyone claimed to be truly alone in any situation, I'd call them a liar." She chuckled as she peered deeply into the trees, the curve of a smile marred by the wrinkle of distain at the very corner.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:54 pm
Inc nodded almost to himself and stepped out into veiw, he didn't see the need to hesitate, simply because there were few creatures he couldn't either beat in a fight or escape from, be it on foot or on wing, a fact which had bred an arrogance in the face of danger in him, but one that served him well. Anevay's voice was familiar enough however that he was pretty certain who he was addressing, even before he drew near enough to see.

"True enough." he nodded with a rakish grin. "Can't say I'm complaining though, other soquili are pretty much what I'm looking for. Another raven-blessed is better than another lesser... after all, I already had dinner."

He curled his tail lazily behind him and rearranged his wings somewhat, lowering his head very briefly in a nod of greeting. "Small world."  

Baneful

Dramatic Hunter

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm
Anevay's mouth morphed into a curt pout, her eyes glittering from behind the sprig of mane that refused to be tamed despite it's shortness. "And here I was hoping I'd find a snack to gnaw on. I suppose that I can wait for that and instead turn my attention to you" she drawled, letting the tension leave her face and shoulders. She even offered him a rare grin, though it was tinged with the usual ghost of a sneer that was customary for her. On good terms or no, Anevay always shadowed her emotions with indication that she wasn't one to be messed with.

"I was thinking the same, about you happening to be out and about that is," she said smoothly, eyes wandering over his form in an appraising manner. "I was just thinking about one of our previous conversations, actually. How -are- things going for you lately, Incubus?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:18 am
Inc tossed his mane out of his eyes and gave Anevay an amused smirk. "I've got to hope that I'm at least a /little/ better than some random walking meal." He wasn't phased by the lurking hostility that the female kalona presented, if only because he knew little else from those he was familiar with, even he himself when he spoke unconciously maintained an air of coiled violence, his tail, waving lazily behind him, the main way of telling that he wasn't considering any such thing.

He raised a brow slightly at her mention of the old conversations, some of which had been playing on his mind a great deal aswell. The humiliation of admitting how useless he was with his own time still stung in the memories, but the way he saw it, you didn't learn unless your pride was placed on the line sometimes. "Hmm. Things are going pretty so-so. Alright in that there has been plentiful food and the weather has been favourable for hunting, not as good that I've become rather certain that the part of the forest I deem my own territory is completely lacking in the raven blessed."

He eyed the unfamiliar trees about him and pawed the ground. "I've found myself striking out more and more into unfamiliar territory, leaving the place I grew up behind. I need to prove to myself that the blood is not lost altogether, it's become almost an obsession." he tossed his head in a sort of equine shrug "Though I'm hardly complaining, being around the same forest all the time was beginning to drive me round the bend."  

Baneful

Dramatic Hunter

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 pm
Anevay grinned wider a moment, tilting her head to the side as she too surveyed the area. "There is a distinct lack in Kalona in these parts, I do agree with you there...but they are out there, as I've come to find. You're doing a great service by your wandering, even if it's done for no reason but to clear your head. You never know what or whom you'll come across." A chuckle punctuated that comment before her expression neutralized again into a calm, if not undertoned icey, reemerged.

"As for blood purity and all that....well, that is something worth having at the top of one's mind. However, an obsession only narrows vision and can lead to disaster in the end. I, however, trust you know this."

The female wandered a bit closer to the stallion then, trusting that lessening the distance between them both would not cause her any harm, her movements full of grace that females of almost all species seemed to innately posess as she slipped around to a spot beside him. Her wing tips could have grazed his side if she wasn't careful.

"Have you been thinking of remedies for strengthening our kind, Incubus?" Her inquiry was cool and had a lilt of accusation to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:59 pm
Inc nodded. "True. Guess sometimes we just have to take a long walk to clear our heads. Can't say I object to the individuals I've met by taking a wander." he looked away, not wanting a comment like that to be taken as him being too familiar "Hell I'd probably still think I was one of the last had I not ventured a bit" he held his head a bit higher "Though now I can see that was mere arrogance, there are others, I just have to find them myself."

He tilted his head slightly and looked thoughtful. "Yes, it's one of my worries. Though I feel as long as I remember that I am bordering on seeing nothing else than the purity of race and watch myself, I'll be alright."

His tail froze in it's casual waving as Anevay moved closer, the only indication of the way his nerves jangled at such a simple movement. He wasn't sure what it was about her casual grace that made him miss a breath, wether it was just simple youth or the effortless latent strength of the predator he saw in her every posture, but whatever it was, it robbed him of his entire train of thought for an instant.

He wasn't so foolish as to allow such a lapse in his focus to be too noticable but still, there was a momentary shock to his keen crimson gaze that he hurriedly pushed aside, nodding in response to Anevay's question, working very hard to stop his mind going to the initial place it sought to for a response. He blamed the conversation they'd had before.

"Hmmm, yes. I've been thinking about ways, but haven't came up with much else other than...what we all spoke about at that time." he decided to be daring for once and added - with guarded politeness, he didn't want to get a kick from /this/ kind of range "On that matter, how goes your, well, not search, but how goes your observations for a suitable stallion? If that's not /too/ personal a question."  

Baneful

Dramatic Hunter

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 pm
"It is a shame that they have to be sought out and don't come out on their own," she muttered, somewhat sourly, but gave a slight shrug as though saying 'well, what can be done about it?'.

Anevay could have noticed the slight hiccup in Incubus' usually calm demeanor but she did little to indicate that she had, unless a slightly lifted brow was her response. He'd never know, would he? If the mare was good at anything, it was the art of deception.

His question garnered a long pause from Ane and an equally long stare. Part of her was impressed that he could find the guts to ask but another was annoyed simply because stallions never sat 100% right with her. She finally broke the silence, but her eyes didn't leave his face.

"I have been thinking about it," she said in the beginnings of a sultry, low-throated rumble.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:58 am
Incubus nodded. "In a perfect world they'd come to find us rather than the other way round, but I suppose you can only expect so much from our kind"

The pause from Ane made him flick his ears back, not out of agression but out of some deep seated feeling he'd earned himself a good kicking for his audacity. He curled his tail defensively behind himself and pulled his wings that bit closer to his body. However, he appeared to have mis-read the signs because the expected kick never came.

He raised both eyebrows in genuine interest and surprise. "Really?" he let the world curl in the air on it's own, not daring to outright ask who, feeling that he'd used up his store of confidence for that moment in time.  

Baneful

Dramatic Hunter

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:59 am
"Well yes," she began, eyes casually sliding away from his face and across their immediate surroundings, her body shifting into a fairly relaxed stance. "It is something that needs to be addressed sometime soon, if the goal is strengthen our numbers."

The mare paused then, eyes lidding partially as her gaze returned to Incubus' face, the faintest trace of a critical smile at her lips. "There aren't too many options, you know, for suitable stallions. Some are too soft...or too diluted in their bloodline...or as mentally graced as a rock. Hex or his brother Ruin might have been a good choice, but Hex isn't strong enough on his own and Ruin has all but disappeared these days." A sigh followed that that was more from annoyance than wistful thinking.

"However...I think I know of one other that would do nicely for such a task."

Anevay's tail casually snaked about one of Inc's hindlegs then, the coils loose but the mare's intention clear in this gesture and the set of her features.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:15 pm
Inc nodded along with Anevay's possibilities, having never met Hex or Ruin trying to imagine what they were like. He failed though, having never met many stallions of the bloodline, only able to imagine himself and his father. "That's true, I suppose finding a suitible male would be diffi-"

He trailed off mid-sentence, his tail stopping dead in the easy sway it had set up. Surprise lined in his features for a fleeting instant before he once again donned the mask of casual indifference, making every effort to conceal the sheer thrill of being considered up to standards by one of the raven blessed. Normal soquili were often easily swayed by a set of wings and the allure of danger, this was a whole other ball game. And though Anevay had stated rather clearly that her options were limited, he still took the gesture as one of utmost flattery.

"You already know that I would do anything for the good of the blood." he nodded, giving her a sidelong look though his untamed mane, a dark playfulness playing in his crimson gaze. His words said duty and nothing else but his expression hinted at gratitude of a sort. "And any stallion stupid enough to say no to an opportuinity offered by such a lady as yourself." he smirked slightly. "Would shame the raven."  

Baneful

Dramatic Hunter

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:02 pm
Baneful
Inc nodded along with Anevay's possibilities, having never met Hex or Ruin trying to imagine what they were like. He failed though, having never met many stallions of the bloodline, only able to imagine himself and his father. "That's true, I suppose finding a suitible male would be diffi-"

He trailed off mid-sentence, his tail stopping dead in the easy sway it had set up. Surprise lined in his features for a fleeting instant before he once again donned the mask of casual indifference, making every effort to conceal the sheer thrill of being considered up to standards by one of the raven blessed. Normal soquili were often easily swayed by a set of wings and the allure of danger, this was a whole other ball game. And though Anevay had stated rather clearly that her options were limited, he still took the gesture as one of utmost flattery.

"You already know that I would do anything for the good of the blood." he nodded, giving her a sidelong look though his untamed mane, a dark playfulness playing in his crimson gaze. His words said duty and nothing else but his expression hinted at gratitude of a sort. "And any stallion stupid enough to say no to an opportuinity offered by such a lady as yourself." he smirked slightly. "Would shame the raven."

Anevay practically purred, cinching the grip of her tail about his hindleg a little tighter before finally releasing. "Good answer. I would have been greatly displeased if you were against such an offer." Admittedly, Incubus was quite the attractive stallion and it probably would have stung if he had declined. However, it's likely he'd be missing half a face afterward and thusly not be as attractive as he once was.

"Now all we need is the right time..."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff