Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Percussion/Guard
Which is Better: Colorguard or Winterguard. Why? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Colorguard or Winterguard?
Colorguard
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Winterguard
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Both
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Neither
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

Crimson_Guard_Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:30 am
I personally like both, but what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm
ninja I really like both but I think that I like marching band guard is kinda better ninja  

shorty15541

xxmidnight-poisonxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:54 pm
colorguard and winterguard are basically the same thing really.

colorguard is just what you do during marching season, w/ the band, while winterguard is just something you do w/ just colorguard, after marching season.

I'm not so sure which one i like better though. I'm currently in winterguard. (:

colorguard during marching season was still a lot of fun though x]

i personally like both though.

although i'm still a freshman. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:31 pm
WINTERGUARD!!!! I hate marching season, absolutely hate it. I don't like being outside, I don't like the sun, and I don't like spinning in the wind!! Besides in Winterguard it's all about the guard, we actually get appreciation instead of just being the pretty flags spinning among the band.  

DragonDemoness91

demonic_bunny825

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:23 am
Colorguard. Well, I've never done winterguard, but I like the excitement when we're with the band. I hate the sun, but it can be dealt with. [I actually had a tan this year *shudders* it's leaving slowly but surely.] Maybe it has something to do with me being a clarinetist and a flautist before a guardgirl [and a guitarist]...XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:17 pm
DragonDemoness91
WINTERGUARD!!!! I hate marching season, absolutely hate it. I don't like being outside, I don't like the sun, and I don't like spinning in the wind!! Besides in Winterguard it's all about the guard, we actually get appreciation instead of just being the pretty flags spinning among the band.

I totally agree with you! Winterguard is my favorite of the two, but I still like them both.  

A Silver Lining

gryphon_nymph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:50 pm
well, when im in marching season i like winterguard but when im in winterguard i want marching band!!! ><

i like winter cuz the work is harder! but my winterguard song sucks this year!

marching band competitions are more exciting! but sometimes the nubeies slow us down! (no offence to any first years! sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:32 pm
WInter guard all th way!

*Its about us, not the band
* NO WIND! (Cackles)
*No longer a biggie if the guard captain and drum major are dating (yes, i'm captain, no i'm not a whore.)
*Flaggot pride!
*Better uniforms
*Better practices
*WGI in dayton ohio. Best trip. EVER!
*Pretty tarps.
*You get to sing as you clean up
*Glitter. (On the field its useless, no one sees it. Maybe thats just cause our foot ball team only has night games but oh well)  

SerenityAerin

Inwe Ancatol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:50 am
not sure. I love winterguard but when the corps season is here I always make such great memories  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:12 pm
i like both. colorguard is whne it's everyone (for me, that 158 people PLUS the guard...) and all of us are friends and we all hang out. personally, my favorite time is when we all go somewhere in 4 differen't buses, and then get hungry. cause you know what we do? we ALL enter either McDonalds, Burger King, or any other fast food joint near us by the BUTTLOAD!!!! it's so funny to see a quiet place with nothing going on, to serving 20 people per second in the blink of an eye!!!

but winterguard is just a few. i mean, going from nearly 160 to 14.... kinda pathetic. but, we get to perform contemporary songs and i don't have to worry about the wind. i recently tossed a double and right when it was at it's peak, a gust of wind flew it towards me and i had no time to react, so i gave me a bloody nose...

but i prefer winterguard. the entire time, our coach spends time with US and we dont have to worry about hitting another band member. sure, we're all friends, but they are a bunch of little babies when it comes to us and our flags...  

DawnyDawner

Chibi Pierceye

Witty Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:15 pm
I call upon thee
in the land of the dead
to unleash thy fury of thunder!

I haven't done winterguard yet. However...

Both have their pros and cons. Winterguard is inside and you don't have to worry about weather affecting your tosses and whatnot (rifle to the head on a windy day is not fun, is it?). But with colorguard, you actually get to perform with the band, which is a lot of fun...and drill is usually a lot more interesting.

I can't say I can choose which is better. We'll see, I guess.

INDIGNATION!
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:21 pm
colorguard!  

from the bulkheads

7,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100

from the bulkheads

7,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:25 pm
colorguard is best becuz its mor challenging, becuz u have to deal with Jacque(rain), Francois(wind), and Monique(sun), who r all evil but make things mor fun! heart and also u get to perform w/ the band and "accidentally" hit the drumline w/ ur rifle twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:33 pm
Well I marched with an alto sax this year, but two of my close friends were in colorguard, so I was practically a guardie anyway. From what I heard, most of the field show guard are total losers who only do it to get the credits for performing arts so they don't have to take a foreign language.

And I do winterguard and I can tell you, from comparing it from marching to now, I'd say winterguard is more fun because since there's less of us, everyone's got some natural talent, we can goof off more because we know when to get down to business, ect.

I swear, we have a nine person winterguard, and our four person rifle line has more inside jokes than the entire 15+ guard did during field show season.

Kaggr

DarkMoon_Wisper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:37 am
Winterguard all the way. You are inside and don't have to worry about the stupid band and you are just guard people. No wind to whirl your equipment across the field and you get to have more fun and spend the night in other schools. Oh winterguard is brilliant. You also get to make your show, your show.  
Percussion/Guard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff