Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Love Spells: Yay or nay? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rune WolfHaven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:26 pm
Hmmm...Just wanted to know your opinions on love spells. Goodness knows I could probably use one, but I don't like the idea of them, because to me it seems like you're more or less forcing someone to fall for you, instead of actually having them love you...

So, anyhow, what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:20 pm
I don't like the idea of them. If someone's going to fall for you they should do it on their own. It should all be about free will, and you shouldn't try to force them into it.  

Josephine

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 pm
It goes against their free will, which will bring you bad karma. Not to mention that you will never know if they truly like you or if it's just the spell that is making them like you.

Use your own magic to get someone to like you. And when I say 'use your own magic' I mean be yourself. You shouldn't need spells to get someone to like you.

If they end up liking you, great. If not, move on to someone better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:05 pm
Generally speaking, it may be ok to do a spell or ask for a blessing that makes you attract love (or makes you more loveable), but spells should never be done to make a specific person love you. As Josephine said, you should never mess with free will. Personally, though I wouldn't necessarily do even a general spell, because you could end up with more than you barganed for (like an unwanted stalker).  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Faela Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 am
I think most love spells are against the wiccan rule. You're taking away another's free will, However, the there are a few love spells in some of the books I have, and none of them are directed towards someone, they are for finding love, and one is to rekindle love if it is meant to be. All of which say (with the exception of the latter mentioned, which says to ask your partner before casting the spell) that you are not to have any one person in mind, that it's simply to find someone. I don't really consider these loves spells, however anything else I would strongly advise against using them. Put yourself in the situation, what if someone did a love spell on you and you found out... I wouldn't like it at all. Plus a friend of mine did one (despite me begging her not to) did a spell on someone, and the person she did it on became overly obsessive with her, it was frightening!

User Image
(This is for the Imbolc puzzle. Please don't remove).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 pm
Love spells that force someone to love you are bad and will blow up on you. However, there are some that don't make someone fall in love with you but that simply help you find someone. Like I cast a spell to find my soul mate, and since it wasn't forcing anything on anyone it still fell within the rede but it still sort of falls in the "love" spell catagory. So it kinda depends on the spell if it's good or bad.  

DragonSummoner66

Rune WolfHaven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:29 pm
That's what I thought. I really dislike the idea of making someone love you, because then it's not true. So it's not real love. Plus, forcing someone into that...Is kind of inhumane. In my opinion. Thanks! Just wanted to know what you guys thought.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 pm
it not forced, Love Spells can work wonders if you do not specify them... If you are looking for that special someone and u want them, but dont know them. Make a spell so that you can, as too2sweet said, attract love to you. Make it along the lines of...and this is only one i just wrote, no special meaning but...

"Goddess i long for the chance
To play the game of romance
But he i simply can not see
Let him now be drawn to me"

this is maby even to forcefull...but keep in mind that you must never think of a specific person while you do this. Maby some desirable charecteristice...loyal, faitfull, black hair, blue eyes, exct...
But never use a person that is real, let it be seen in good time...

I belive this will remove the problem opne would have with free will and still give you marvolus results...^_^  

zabazor
Vice Captain

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 pm
I think that one shouldn't worry about when he/she will meet his/her soulmate. The Lord and Lady know what they are doing, right? And who are we to ask for The One sooner than They deem it so?

Sure, you could do some spells that would make you look good, or act more attractive or whatever, but is that even fair? I like what Dark_Angel said. Be yourself. If he/she doesn't want you for you, then screw 'em. You don't need them. You're better than that.

I don't know. The one thing I've learned is that people will do what they want and live with the consequences. That's why I don't stress about The One. I'm sure there are those out there who do. This is another situation where I'll just have to say: "You do your thing, I'll do mine."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:42 pm
I think the reason why a lot of people stress out about finding 'the one' is because they're afraid of being alone at whatever point in their life.

For me, with relationships... I just sit back and let the gods (and fate) do their work... well, to an extent. If I'm meant to know a certain person in my lifetime, then something will happen to bring us together, whether it's a group project in school, working with them, sitting next to them in class or on the bus, etc...

That's what I believe anyway.  

dark_angel_32189

Starlock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:51 pm
I don't really care, but I don't have anything against folks doing them. As with any spell, it's wise to include conditionals into the agreement. If those conditions are not met, the spell cancels which minimizes the chance of screwing somethin' up. Plus, it really depends on what you mean by 'love' spell. There's many kinds of love.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm
Yeah, Dark_Angel, that's kinda what I believe, too. I only said it in a mean way before. sad

And like Starlock says, it's good to put bounds on any kind of spell. And remember there are different kinds of love.  

WelkingPath

Nymphia Moonshine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 am
I don't like them, at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 pm
Close My Eyes && Scream

" I don't like them.

I think that it's bad karma to try to bend someone's feelings or will.

o~o
"

Do You Even Hear Me

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

shivanti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:34 pm
your probably better off doinga confidence spell, so that anyone who likes you will come out and say it. But yeah love spells seem to be a bad idea, if u want to find someone then just be very self confident, be yourself and someone who likes you for who you are will notice you. Also what about love spells when your allready in a relationship?  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff