Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 06 General Archives (non-RP inactive threads)
The Dark Is Waiting ~ Fantasy RP ((OPEN/ Not Accepting)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor counter
  + 1
View Results

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:41 pm
A child will be born, the child of cold places. She will weep as the darkness will spread from Night and her tears of blood will stain the Earth. None shall be spared until the sword is found by its master, the Master of Dark and Night, of Cold and Anger. The Master of Evil will save us all...

This prophecy was told by an ancient mage who's name has long been forgotten. Millenniums have passed and the people of Elim have long since forgotten it, but a secret order of magi, the Order of the Prophecy, keep it alive. It is they who recognize the signs, the restless Nightlings, the nightmares, the call of the Black One. It is they who have the sword of the Master and it is they who now seek to find the Master and save this world they call home.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:53 pm
Table of Contents:

1. Intro post and Prophecy (very important)
2. Table of Contents and Rules
3. Setting
4. Character Information/ Character Profiles
5. Blacklist/Whitelist
7. Updates/Notices
8. Nightling Info
9. Reserved
10. Reserved

Rules:

* follow Gaia TOS
* No godmodding, none. If I catch you or someone reports you... let's just say neither one of us will be very happy
* No all-powerful characters (this will be further explained in the Character section)
* Send all profiles to me with the title "The Dark is Waiting" and the word "flying banana" in there somewhere
* Keep it PG-13. Take it to the PMs if you really have to
* Include everyone. For one on one stuff, go somewhere else please (^^)
* Romance and violence is okay, so long as no killing is done without the proper permission of the character to be killed
*Cussing is okay, so long as it's tasteful
* Literacy is a must (remember the handy-dandy spell check? use it!)
* Check regularly for updates
* Be active! Post at least once a week. If you're leaving for somewhere, let me know through PMs or post it here (You will get one warning after 7 days if you are inactive, after that it's to the Blacklist for ya)
* All OOC will be in (( ))
* Come to me with any questions and don't be afraid to ask, I don't bite (=^.^=)
* Have fun (^^)

Anglophilic Changeling

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:09 pm
Setting:

This takes place in the land of Elim. Elim is broken up into many small kingdoms with their own ruling family and nobility. I will only allow three nobles from each kingdom. More on nobility in the Character section (^^) The story will be starting out in the kingdom of Avai, ruled by the Baris family. Other kingdoms are Elmire, Sephira and Thien. Other kingdoms will be added as neccessary. If you want to add a kingdom, you have to apply to me for it through PMs There is no guarantee that your kingdom will be accepted.

Avai is in the center of Elim, with Thien to the north, Sephira in the east, the Suthland kingdoms to the south, and Elmire to the west. The capital of Avai is Reu, the capital of Thien is Ied, the capital of Sephira is Nomen, and the capital of Elmire is Adruth. Here is a map of Elim. It's sideways, but that's okay!!

To the west of Elmire, which is the furthest west of all the kingdoms, lie the Nightlands. No one lives here and hardly anyone knows what this place is. There are many myths that surround this place. All the mages of the Order of the Prophecy know is that this is the origin of the Dark that threatens Elim. Also, it is the home of the Nightlings (more info on Post cool . These guys are perty scary (wouldn't want one of them in my room, that's for sure) and the worst part is, they're getting restless... (o.0)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:21 pm
Character Information:

Each character can have two special powers, but must also have three significant weaknesses in strength or personality. We don't want any all-powerful characters, mainly because it's no fun for anyone.
For elemental powers, the opposite element will be a weakness. For example: earth over water, water over fire, etc.
There will only be three nobility for each kingdom.
Members of the Order of the Prophecy get special little daggers. If you're a member of the Order, specify which dagger type you have (the jeweled one is type one, the one next to that is type two, etc etc). Why? It is the symbol of the Order, that's all (^^)

Follow the profile guide below:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gaia Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (something simple, half breeds okay)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (picture or description, but pictures are preferred)
[b]Bio:[/b] (be as detailed as you want, but please, no amnesia unless it's absolutely necessary. Ask me for details)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Skills and Weapons:[/b] (non-magical, unless the weapon has magic properties)
[b]Special Powers:[/b] (only two special powers)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (must have three)
[b]Pets/Mount:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

To apply for nobility, simply say so in "Other"

Character Profiles:

Character Name: Avalon (nicknames: Avi or Lani)
Gaia Name: Anglophilic Changeling
Race: human
Appearance: Avalon
Bio: She was the child of the prophecy, the one that signaled the beginning of the Darkness, the nightmares. She was the first to suffer the intolerable nightmares that would soon torment everyone of Elim. Her mother was a member of the Order of the Prophecy and recognized the signs immediately. Avalon was raised in the secrecy of the Order, told that she would be the most important factor in finding the Master. To mark her importance, the Order covered her body with tattoos. As a child she didn't understand, now seventeen she has set out to find the one who will save her world.
Personality: Secretive and quiet, but not afraid to speak her mind. Strong willed and determined. Distrustful of strangers.
Skills and Weapons: Archery, bow and arrow, dagger of the Order (type 2)
Special Powers: Darkness and Fire
Weaknesses: Light and Water, her nightmares
Pets/Mount: A black cat name Andra
Other: She sings and plays the lute

Character Name: Karah Lindam
Gaia Name: Dragon_Mage06
Race: Human
Appearance: Karah
Bio: Both of Karah's parents were in the Order of the Prophecy, so she heard all about it from a very early age. Her life was pretty normal for the most part, except for that. When it came time for her to leave home, she decided to become a mercenary, hiring out to protect various travelers, keeping an eye out for the Master in the process.
Personality: Karah is very nice, which most people don't think when they first see her. It takes a while for her to warm up to people, though, and can be incredibly stubborn.
Skills and Weapons: Very good swordsmanship, two swords and dagger of the Order (type 3)
Special Powers: Can speak to animals but doesn't like putting them in danger so only uses them for reconnaissance.
Weaknesses: Her stubborn nature can make her unwilling to listen to advice she doesn't like, and her sword style is only truly effective when she has both her swords. Also, she doesn't do well in the cold.
Pets/Mount: A falcon named Horu

"]Character Name: Soren
Gaia Name:The Shadow of Deathfire15
Appearance: Soren
Bio: He's the strange person that sits in the dark corner and learns ever detail about his surroundings. He was training with the person that taught him to use two swords and got a scar that starts just above his left eye and goes down to his mouth, and across his eye there is a slash making the scar look like a cross. He once lost control of his fire powers and almost burned his village down when his was a kid, so he ran away and has tried to control his powers and he did. Now he is trying to find more people like himself. Before he burned his village down his father told him he was a child of the the Order of the Prophecy
Personality: Quiet and flirtful, but he still talks sometime if he has to.
Skills and Weapons: Dagger((type 4)), silent walking, can wield two swords
Special Powers: Fire
Weaknesses: Water, cold rooms, and dreams
Pets/Mount: Two lions
((the two lions in the picture. The white one is named Yin and the black one is Yang))
Other: He can dance and play the flute. He hides his left eye to those who he doesn't know because of the scar ((it looks like a cross))

Character Name: Maiu Saito
Gaia Name: darkangel_1794
Race: half-demon
Appearance: Maiu
Bio: Maiu was born into a family of 5: her mom, dad, 2 Half-sisters and 1 half-brother. Maiu was the only half-demon in the family and that made her feel special. Her siblings envied her because Maiu was the only one with powers. Maiu's parents decided it was best for her to stay with her father. He was a wolf demon, so she stayed with her father. Then,one day her father was killed. Maiu was 13 and the other wolf demons took care of her. When her mother told Maiu to come home, Maiu decided to stay with the other wolf demons.
Personality: Maiu is a shy but very vibrant person. She doesn't give up easy and can put up a good fight.
Skills and Weapons: Maiu is very good at unarmed combat, but she also uses her Katana and kunai knives.
Special Powers: Ice breath, super speed
Weaknesses: Fire, earth, and she has a weak spot on her her neck which takes away her ice breath
Pets/Mount: Hiro the wolf
Other: N/A

Character Name: Arisha Kamazae
Gaia Name: LexiHulan
Race: Half Elemental
Appearance: [x]
Bio: She was abadoned at birth by her real parents and were adopted by the Kamazaes. The Kamazaes were always a little curious to why their only, and adopted daughter, remained so quiet. They were very indulgent to the child, spending oodles of money to get her to open up, but it wasn't like they didn't have it. She finally opened up when she was seven years old and met a girl named Kyra that was three years older than her. Kyra had a vivacious personaility and taught Arisha many of the things she knows now. She was always a little wary of what was going on around her, and with good reason. Kyra was killed when she was thirteen, leaving an estranged Arisha behind. Arisha learned from this, and continued to be positive, but never letting her guard down.
Personality: She is very vivacious and outgoing, never letting her opinion go unheard, however, when in tense and nearly unknowing situations, she is the epitome of calm.
Skills and Weapons: Weapon in the picture
Special Powers: She has the ability to control wind and air, and telepathy
Weaknesses: She can't stand fire, hates having to be encased in a room without any windows, and hates to be alone.
Pets/Mount: A tiger named Moon

Character Name: Roarin "Roar" Vyndir
Gaia Name:Sycro
Appearance: Roarin Vyndir
Bio: Roarin comes from a religious group known as the "Wayfarers of Dawn". Outsiders see it as just some light-worshiping sect, but to him being a member is his way of life or rather was. He was "sent-away", as he sees it, for being too zealous about the teachings of hunting down demons and the elimination of darkness. He had strayed too far from the main path which was a lot more docile than Roarin liked due to his aggressive and competitive nature. Now he travels, but not as a missionary for his religion, but as a hunter and self-styled "soldier of the light".
Personality: Prideful and confident to the point that he is borderline arrogant. Serious minded about most everything.
Skills and Weapons: Crossbow, two daggers and a two-handed sword with a unicursal hexagram engraved on the hilt. It just makes the blade emit a white glow.
Special Powers: Light
Weaknesses: Darkness, his pride tends to interfere with his reasoning, selfish.
Pets/Mount: None

Character Name: Marius
Gaia Name: Lucthewindmaster
Appearance: Marius
Bio: A powerful seer since he was little, Marius has been in the Order for most of his life. His parents left him at a temple since they couldn't afford to keep him. When Marius was discovered to be a seer, the Order recruited him in secret and he has lived with them since then. However, the more his power grows, the more blind he becomes as a result.
Personality: Marius is a very kind and caring man. The members of the Order raised him to be a compassionate person. However, because of his isolation, he is very reserved.
Skills and Weapons: Sword of the Order (Type 4), Martial arts.
Special Powers: The power of premonition, though it's random. Telepathy.
Weaknesses: Increasing blindness, unskilled with weapons, and the loss of consciousness when having a premonition.
Pets/Mount: None

Character Name: Melissa "Mel" Arrowspeed
Gaia Name: selphie395
Race: Elf
Appearance: Mel
Bio: Melissa had a pleasant life in her small elvish town. She worked as a planter and a healer, for her Earth powers and knowledge of herbs. Then, people started getting sick with an illness she couldn't cure - they'd have nightmares of which they didn't wake up. It was particularly bad in the village, and several elves ended comatose.
After trying everything in her power and some more, the girl decided to leave the isolated town in search for a cure. Asking the right questions to the right people, she eventually bumped into the Order. They didn't make her a member, but they gave her some cryptic information about a Master who must be found. So, that's her goal. And nothing will get in her way - specially since her younger brother is one of the tormented.
Personality: Calm and quiet, she has the traits of an elf - very wise, but also cold, tending to patronize humans. She's very orderly ad respectful, and always in control of her emotions, she trusts no one and her loyalty is first and foremost to her people and family. Not one to share feelings, Mel considers the usual crushes and clashes between people as petty, human things, way beneath her.
Skills and Weapons: She carries a curved blade to gather herbs, but it can also serve as a sword in case of emergency. As any elf, she is trained in combat; her lack of brute strength is overcome by her speed and agility, even though she isn't used to fighting. She is an experienced healer and herbalist, and always carries small pouches of ingredients with her.
Special Powers: She has small Earth powers, mostly over plants (making trees move, making plants grow, etc.), sometimes over the ground itself (opening holes, etc). Being an elf, she also has slightly improved senses.
Weaknesses: Fire, Ice and Darkness are her weaknesses.
Pets/Mount: A gold-colored male horse, Haze.
Other: She has a good voice, but no un-elf has ever heard it.

Character Name: Vexacus
Gaia Name:beast_master88
Race: Demon
Appearance: Vexacus
Bio: Vexacus grew up with a pack of demonic wolves. His parents were killed in a war between his fire demon clan and a water demon clan when he was very young. The male wolf he travels with was one that he grew up with and when the time came they went off and started a new pack by themselves and that pack is never far away, normally a days run or a couple hours away.
Personality: Very withdrawn, he almost never talks to people, but if you give him time to get to know you he will eventually talk to you. He's also very protective.
Skills and Weapons: Twin swords
Special Powers: Control of fire and can communicate with beasts
Weaknesses: Water, Light and Wind
Pets/Mount: a wolf named Prince

Anglophilic Changeling

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:33 pm
Whitelist: For people who are awesome (=^.^=)

Blacklist: For people who were inactive even after substantial warnings, people who broke the rules, etc. etc.
None so far (^^)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:56 pm
Updates/Notices: Look here for updates regularly. If something has changed, you will be notified here.

*This is my baby, please don't kill it (=^.^=)

*The RP is now OPEN!!! YAYYY!!!

*The RP will begin when we get at least three characters. Sendeth me your profiles!!! You know you want to join... -nods fervently-

*Please reread the last little paragraph in the Settings post to read the bit about Nightlings. I figured I better tell you about them since they are the most common monster in Elim... Oh, and a clarification, in the intro post, "nightmares" refers to bad dreams (we had a question on that one and I decided to clarify that)

*Please reread setting, I've added some info in bold

*Another little tidbit of info added in the rules. Basically, if you don't post within 7 days, you'll get a warning. If it happens again, the Blacklist (^^)

*New post on Nightlings, it's perty important (^^)

*The rules have been updated, please check them (1/1/08 )
*Nightling info has been updated (1/1/08 )

*More Nightling info (^_^; ) (1/2/08 )

*I DREWETH A MAP!!! It's in the settings post, in bold... (01/03/08 )
*Since we have so many characters, I am no longer accepting new applicants (except for Wolven of Darkness, once he finishes his character profile) (01/03/08 )  

Anglophilic Changeling

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:57 pm
Nightlings

Since Nightlings are the main scary thing at night, and I really don't have that much info on them posted here so you (the RPers) can see, I've made a special little section just for them (^^) Here's the stuff you need to know:

Nightlings live in the Nightlands (easy to remember, right? (^^)), west of Elmire. They are black creatures that look like a mix between a wolf and a dragon. They are renown for causing terrible dreams, so tormenting that sometimes people go into a coma because of it. They range from 5 to 9 feet tall, depending on how mature it is (a baby one is about 5, adults are 7, uber scary strong ones are 9 (if you see one of these, just run)).

When a Nightling attacks your dream, it is nearly impossible to fight back, mainly because you're asleep. If you have an extremely strong mind and/or will, you can fight them off using normal reason. They attack your dreams by filling them with everything you fear most, such as the dark, giant creepy spiders, *****, anything you're afraid of, and making it all seem like reality.

When you encounter them in reality, you can fight them like any other monster. Their main weaknesses are Light and Fire. They use Dark and Fear as their main weapons. The way they use Fear is they coat their talons and fangs with it (it looks like black muck) so when they cut into you it's like poison, only your worst fears come alive in your mind. The effects are only temporary, but if you get a lot of it in your system you can be out for days.

I will probably attempt to draw one, we'll see how that turns out (^^) If you'd like to draw one, go ahead! PM me with it, I'll post it here, and you'll be my hero!! xd If you have any other questions or clarifications, just ask me (^^)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:01 pm
Reserved  

Anglophilic Changeling

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:13 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:54 pm
The RP is now OPEN but will start when I get some people... o(^o^)o  

Anglophilic Changeling

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 pm
Come on, you know you want to join... 3nodding I'll give you a cookie!! PLEASE!! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:43 pm
ninja ninja bump ninja  

Dragon_Mage06

Anglophilic Changeling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm
((YAYY! I think we have enough people to begin the RP. I'll begin (^^)))

Avalon walked down the road from her house dressed in travel attire. She was prepared to be in the wilderness for days. This was probably the last time she'll ever see her home again. She needed to find the Master, the one who would save her world. 'Elim, what are you in for?' She thought to herself as she walked in solitude besides her cat, Andra. The cat was quiet, and Avi was restless.

"Andra, you won't mind a bit of music will you?" She asked the cat with a smile. If the cat had a problem, she wouldn't be able to voice her annoyance. "Ah, the company of the silent. Pros and cons, pros and cons..."

Avi began to hum a random tune. Deciding to be kind to the cat's ears, which were great observers of music, she changed her tune to Greensleeves. 'An old melody for the beginning of an new adventure...'

Avi began to sing as she entered the forest.

Alas my love you do me wrong to cast me off so discourteously,
And I have loved you so long, delighting in your company
Greensleeves was all my joy, Greensleeves was my delight.
Greensleeves was my heart of gold, and who but my lady Greensleeves?

06 General Archives (non-RP inactive threads)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games