Knights Of Nintendo...Dya got what it takes? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doc. Von Doom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:15 pm
KNIGHTS OF NINTENDO

Well, If you have been in general discussion lately, you will know that I had the idea to give certain people with a certain amount of nintendo recognition, respect, and knowledge can gain the title of "Knight of Nintendo"

Big deal, you say. What dya get for becoming a knight? well...

1. You gain the respect of anyone in the guild, and those whom are nintendo fans outside the guild
2. You get a nifty personalized badge to put in your sig to show all your triumph

There may be more and more to add to that list, who knows really? Now you ask: "That sounds nifty Lynk! How do I become a knight?" Well, it isnt easy. You can:

1. be Nominated by one of the current knights
2. Gain the respect of our captain: Ragnorok Ninja X
3. Take...THE TEST OF HONOR.

The test of honor is a test (Arranged by either myself or Gaughan) tests your knowledge of Nintendo and it's history.

If you are accepted, then consider yourself one of the lucky few, the proud, the Knghts of Nintendo!

Here is Gaughan's badge
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And Here Is Ragnorok's Badge:

And, my badge:

Here is BlueCelebi's Badge:

If you dislike this here badge, just PM me your idea for your badge, should you make it. Note: Not all badges will include personalization, I am making a general badge for the knights. Here are the list of current knights:

Ragnorok Ninja X (Captain)
Gaughan (Vice Captain)
Lynk The Pyro
Bluecelebi

Do not post here, this will be were I will update the list of the knights and such. If you have questions or suggestions, PM me Or Ragnorok or Gaughan

I also wanted to point out that this isnt neccesarily a higher status in the guild, so much as it is a recognition. Being a knight doesnt mean you are better, it just means we recognize your knowledge and ability to defend Nintendo Well.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:39 am
Lol, I feel so loved to have a badge made for me xd  

Gaughan
Crew

[Kryptonite]
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:07 am
Gaughan
Lol, I feel so loved to have a badge made for me xd

LoL, the sticky thing is alright. =p
Anyways, yeah, it was my idea for you to be vice, so hah! D:<
But.. Lynk, made the badge, so hell to you all if you don't donate to Lynk. >>;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:04 am
Im shocked RNX that you haven't nominated me yet....
sweatdrop
I am a Captain after all..

Oh well 3nodding  

zer0_x

ECUnlimited
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:57 am
Maybe if I finish the guild site I'll get nominated XD!

I've been putting that off so much. Too bad I have tests to study for this weekend. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:27 pm
Quote:
Do not post here, this will be were I will update the list of the knights and such. If you have questions or suggestions, PM me Or Ragnorok or Gaughan

Dont post here, I need this for updates. If you want to be a knight, you have to wait until I finish up the Test of Honor. Im almost done, Ill update here When I finish it.  

Doc. Von Doom

Bearer of Donuts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:57 pm
I am ready to test my honor!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:48 am
TEST OF HONOR!
This is the test all Knights will go through, Be honest and true with your answers.

You will PM me the answer. DO NOT POST IT HERE!!!

1). How many Worlds are there in Super Mario Bros. 3?'
2). Who is the CURRENT president of Nintendo?
3). What year did Shigeru Miyamoto start working at Nintendo?
4). What does the gameplay time have to be to get the Best ending in Super Metriod? (Samus in Bikini.)
5). Ruto, Saria, Darunia, and Nabooru are all names of Characters in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. What else have they appeared as? (As in, what have other things have their names and characters used for?)
6). In Earthbound, your most powerful attack is named after what?
7). In Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, what is the Indigo go's hit single, that is also an integral part of another LoZ game?
8 ). When was the NES relased in Japan?
9). What is Famicom short for?
10). Finally, Blade of Evil's Bane Refer's to what?

Depending on how you do, you will be awarded with a PM telling you if you have become the knight or not. I think I will let you try TWICE.

DO NOT GOOGLE THE ANSWER, OR SHAME WILL FOREVER BE UPON YOU!  

Doc. Von Doom

Doc. Von Doom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:31 pm
Thanks Maria3social. Sorry for yelling, Read the post next time.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:26 pm
edit: crap, sorry >.<  

love menace

Doc. Von Doom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:20 am
Alright, this is the last time I am going to post this, so listen up....

DO NOT POST HERE!!! NOBODY!!! (except for Gaug and Rag.)
NO ONE POST!
EVER!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:08 am
Ha. I posted here.

But anyways, I don't think that the title of a knight of Nintendo is something I'd strive for, because the questions in the test of honor are not to prove your loyalty or love to Nintendo, but your obsession. If you can answer those questions without having to look them up, then you are obsessed and it is to a point where it is not healthy. I respect/like Nintendo and all, I'm just not going to go and become obsessed because there are other good game companies. Truthfully, I enjoy several PS2 games and a few X-Box. What I'm basically saying is that if you have to become obsessed to earn the title, then F*** THAT!!  

SSJMole

ECUnlimited
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:18 pm
Since SSJMole was courageous enough to begin the argument, I have to enter my opinion in here. If you wish to have my, and SSJMole's post remvoed, please PM me and I will do so, as I am a mod.

To expand on what SSJMole said, your test stinks. This guild is for people who defend Nintendo. I bet most of the people who signed up for this guild don't know more then half those quesitons without looking them up on Google. Hack, I only know 2 of them. And I bet most of THOSE people that can't answer much are the people most worthy of being these "Knights of Nintendo".

So, I humbly request the removal of this "Test of Honor", as it is not a test of how well you defend Nintendo and how much you love them, it is about how many useless fact you know about them and how obsessed you are with them.

That is my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:10 pm
Maybe someone should make a Discussion thread for this, since it's pretty convtraversial.

I mean, I got 4/10 which I thought was pretty good, but whether you're a "Knight" or not isnt really a big deal. I have a friend who I was gonna ask to make me a freakin' cool Nintendo sig regardless of what a 40% gets me.

But...lets not all go flaming Lynk about this. It's his idea, so we don't have to take part in it. If you don't like the idea, then just protest it by neglecting it. Maybe I'm getting too cautious about this, but we ARE a guild, and we don't want to get in too many disagreements. That just makes us weak =/

But yeah, if any mod thinks we should make a discussion thread for this, and just carry these posts there, that would be great. I have to go out for dinner tonight, or else I'd have done it already xp

(If it were up to me, we'd ALL be Knights. Being inclusive is a GOOD thing, heh)  

KyosukeDate
Crew

Bearer of Donuts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:31 pm
What did I get Lynk?  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items